ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Grizzlies 1/3/2022 7:30pm EST (YES, NBA TV)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Re: GT: Nets vs. Grizzlies 1/3/2022 7:30pm EST (YES, NBA TV) 

Post#81 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:18 am

Jay555 wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:I’m fine with firing Nash if he refuses to use the depth we have. Cam is a pure baller and should be in the rotation from now on. Duke and Kessler are also energy pieces.

And sharpe can actually rebound.

Agreed.

He also has a connection with Cam. Those two play great together and Harden could use Sharpe effectively as well.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#82 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:19 am

The rooks don't need to ramp to get like 5-10mins a game. I call bu****t

Nash is trash. His only solution or adjustment is to play the stars/starters more mins. We saw that in the playoffs. He doesn't try to change anything on offense of defense to respond to other teams or adjust to anything. He's terrible. Team has lots of talent and will win many games by just showing up but Nash will limit the team from reaching it's full potential.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:23 am

MGrand15 wrote:Paraphrasing the post game interview:

Reporter: How do you think the team is supposed to get an offensive flow with all those non-shooting lineups?

Nash: I don't know.

Basically blaming this on the team not having Harris and Kyrie.

Like I said he’s playing the game anticipating having players instead of using what he has available on the bench. That is just dumb
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#84 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:27 am

3pt_chucker wrote:The rooks don't need to ramp to get like 5-10mins a game. I call bu****t

Nash is trash. His only solution or adjustment is to play the stars/starters more mins. We saw that in the playoffs. He doesn't try to change anything on offense of defense to respond to other teams or adjust to anything. He's terrible. Team has lots of talent and will win many games by just showing up but Nash will limit the team from reaching it's full potential.

Yeah. Let’s play slow vets extended minutes even when it isn’t working and then blame Covid affecting the young guys that just literally showed they are twice as fast and can run the floor effortlessly. Unreal
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#85 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:45 am

MGrand15 wrote:Paraphrasing the post game interview:

Reporter: How do you think the team is supposed to get an offensive flow with all those non-shooting lineups?

Nash: I don't know.

Basically blaming this on the team not having Harris and Kyrie.

Cam isn't a three point shooter but he can get his own shot. Kessler can hit open looks from three. Duke Jr. moves the ball.

Why not incorporate these three into the line ups until we get Kyrie and Joe back?

Why do we have KD as the primary ball handler when Harden is out

This all falls on Marks for hiring Nash. This team has depth and he refuses it. What, you're afraid the kids will make mistakes? As opposed to the brainless turnovers our vets and superstars make?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#86 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:47 am

MGrand15 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Nash is a moron. I have nothing good to say about him anymore. It should have never come to this

Nash: We've gotta lower KD and Harden's minutes.
Also Nash: Let's run an 8-man rotation.

Let's run an 8-man rotation AFTER getting our whole team back from COVID. :banghead:

Both KD and Harden had Covid and he runs them into the ground

F*ck this guy man
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#87 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:54 am

Can the Nets trade for Ty Lue? He'd be perfect for this team.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#88 » by Jay555 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:03 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Can the Nets trade for Ty Lue? He'd be perfect for this team.

Dreaming. Lue is probably the third best coach in the NBA after Kerr and Pop. No way Clips gonna let him go.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#89 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:10 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Coaching can only do so much.

We have **** James Harden Kevin Durant. The guy on this team don't care enough right now. Theyre willing to lose to every good team that comes here.

There is literally no space on the floor for them to operate. Nash has 3 non shooters out there at all times. We literally have Kessler and Thomas rotting on the bench.

Coaching absolutely is playing a huge role

Thank You. I don’t have no clue why some are still holding onto this great white hope that Nash knows what he’s doing.

He clearly could feel this game and see it needs someone like Cam or DDJ and he simply refuses to do a thing but stagger Harden and KD into oblivion.

No one is defending Nash.

But our players don't get a pass for dogging it out there today.
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by Jay555 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:19 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
There is literally no space on the floor for them to operate. Nash has 3 non shooters out there at all times. We literally have Kessler and Thomas rotting on the bench.

Coaching absolutely is playing a huge role

Thank You. I don’t have no clue why some are still holding onto this great white hope that Nash knows what he’s doing.

He clearly could feel this game and see it needs someone like Cam or DDJ and he simply refuses to do a thing but stagger Harden and KD into oblivion.

True. Durant has been horrible this past couple of games.. Anyways..We will win next one.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:53 am

What’s mind boggling is how the bench is being run with only 8 player rotations when we have serious depth on this team. It’s sad that Kyrie and eventually Harris is going to gloss over how poorly Nash uses our depth or even knows when to mix things up to spark the team. I fear we can’t win a chip with him at this point. That’s something I have been holding back on voicing. The only way I see us winning with him is we get Kyrie vaccinated and simply out talent the opposition by staying healthy. We will know these next few games.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#92 » by gigantes » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:55 am

Jay555 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Paradise wrote:Thank You. I don’t have no clue why some are still holding onto this great white hope that Nash knows what he’s doing.

True. Durant has been horrible this past couple of games.. Anyways..We will win next one.

Eh. Durant's 33yo, coming off a normally career-crippling injury, and Nash has him playing as point-forward and lead scorer on 40.1mpg in December. The problem can't possibly be Durant at this point.

Also, the 'book gets written' on a team as each season progresses, and it seems like Nash has made it as easy as possible for other teams to take away our strengths by using a limited playbook and limited rotation.

Not to mention, KD and Beard aren't excelling nearly as much as they should be together, and I wonder if that's -only- down to lack of shooters on the floor. Like, maybe it's also due to a lack of motion in the offense and lack of better plays. It's a thought, anyway.

I fear Kyrie coming back is going to mask some of these problems such that nothing much gets done. It may win us more games during the course of the season, while the long-term changes don't happen, starting with putting Jacques Vaughn or someone else in charge ASAP.
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by Jay555 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:22 am

gigantes wrote:
Jay555 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Eh. Durant's 33yo, coming off a normally career-crippling injury, and Nash has him playing as point-forward and lead scorer on 40.1mpg in December. The problem can't possibly be Durant at this point.

Also, the 'book gets written' on a team as each season progresses, and it seems like Nash has made it as easy as possible for other teams to take away our strengths by using a limited playbook and limited rotation.

Not to mention, KD and Beard aren't excelling nearly as much as they should be together, and I wonder if that's -only- down to lack of shooters on the floor. Like, maybe it's also due to a lack of motion in the offense and lack of better plays. It's a thought, anyway.

I fear Kyrie coming back is going to mask some of these problems such that nothing much gets done. It may win us more games during the course of the season, while the long-term changes don't happen, starting with putting Jacques Vaughn or someone else in charge ASAP.

I think something is brewing in the background and it distracts the whole team. This can be confirmed with Harden's post game comments.

We are top 5 in defensive ratings prior to this losing streak allowing an average 110 pts per game..You can see from their performance that they are not mentally in the game. I think it could be something to do with a trade or some players been difficult..I do not know.

It would be interesting to see how this unfolds. But Nash has got to go still.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,827

Post#94 » by Karate Diop » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:25 am

What's most frustrating is that nothing comes easy... Even in wins it seems like this team will rarely blow anyone out, it's always a 2 minute scramble at the end regardless of what happened the rest of the game.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#95 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:28 am

So is our young guys losing playing time to the vets?

The same guys who got this team to be exciting n competitive?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#96 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:39 am

I mean I'm not against rookies getting more time. But the idea that our issues are because we arent playing sharpe because of rebounding or cam thomas or something is ABSURD.

We have Kevin Durant and James Harden with quality pros around them and our offense is average. tonight it was AWFUL. for a ton of games this year its been awful. If you have Kevin Durant and cant muster a top 10 offense you need to retire as a coach. If you have Durant AND Harden and cant muster a top 10 offense you need to retire and send a hand written apology to every net fan whose attended a game this year.

Did we get pounded on the glass? yea. but that is NOT why we lost. we lost his game because our offense was abysmal. We have 2 elite stars but put 0 pressure on the defense to do anything. they dont need to move they dont need to switch they dont need to protect the rim they dont need to deal with multiple actions.

You know how you stop them from outrebounding us? by hunting adams and playing him off the floor by forcing him to guard KD/Harden/Mills in space. By making them work on both ends of the floor to take some gas out of their tank. of course they can crash the glass like mad men when they dont need to exert any effort on defense.

We do absolutely NOTHING to put our players in the best position to take advantage of the opponent. Kevin durant is unguardable but defense come out and dont even really need to do much to defend him. the nets willing take 10 seconds to get him the ball before a designed midrange shot. even if he makes it. the defense did next to nothing. if they double him the nets cant make them pay.

its really awful.

the other night Nash called the team out for being last... tonight they come out tonight and start the game giving up a 7-0 run. at home. Pathetic. if you cant motivate your team and your the worst in-game coach in the league you need to quit for the sake of the team.

Kyrie coming back is enormous, but its not enough to overcome nash. Marks needs to fire nash. if he wont do it Tsai needs to get rid of both of them.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#97 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:41 am

MGrand15 wrote:Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Nash is fired after this game. 3 losses in a row. Purposefully misusing the roster. Overplaying our stars and not putting them in spots to succeed. I don't think he wants to be here.

its not purposefully. he is incompetent. he has been doing this since day 1.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#98 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:46 am

Mamba81p wrote:The story of this team so far: rebounding and turnovers. It's hard to win games when you have 10-20 less possessions. In the last few games they rebounded well, but made a ton of turnovers. This is the other way around...

Completely disagee. story of this game was terrible offense. 47 points at the half with a billion turnovers.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#99 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:48 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Coaching can only do so much.

We have **** James Harden Kevin Durant. The guy on this team don't care enough right now. Theyre willing to lose to every good team that comes here.

I dont agree.

We do have fng Harden and KD. the idea that we have those 2, playing at a super high level, and cant crack the top 10 in offense is beyond patheitc. i dont care who you have in or out of the lineup. thats 2 of the best scorers with the best efficiency ever. And we do nothing to take advantage of it. we dont put pressure, make teams work or switch or overplay our stars to lead to layups, etc...

We should be top 3 in offense and probably #1.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:49 am

therealbig3 wrote:lol. whatever.

At the end of the day, this is regular season. It's all pointless anyway. We're getting way too worked up over meaningless regular season games that don't mean anything.

im not worked up about the regular season loss. who cares. seeding? who cares.

what i care about is nash is still coach and continues to demonstrate he doesnt know what he is doing. he will cost us a title

Return to Brooklyn Nets