Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Re: GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers- 1/10- 10:00 PM EST 

Post#21 » by Jay555 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:51 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:Should be a win because of Kyrie. Kyrie will pour in 25, KD 30 and Harden 20. More than enough.

Kyrie?

Blazers another team victim of poor hiring. Chauncey has no business being hc. Paul Allen won't be walking through that door to save the day. Blazers will blow it up during off-season.

Harden joining Dame and Biid in Philly is not far fetched. I know KD best players and all, I'm not playing with no coach and flat earth creature. Me personally I'm out.

Harden will want his moolah, all 270 Million of it, no way the Nets won't do a sign and trade; also, please consider, Kyrie comes back full time next year assuming he gets his version of the vaccine and Nets get pieces back from Philly. If the Nets know they're gonna lose him, they will have KD/Kyrie duo which will still kill teams and maybe we get Seth Curry-Simmons from Philly. I would prefer KD/Kyrie/Simmons/Curry over our current big three with Harden falling off.

The cunning Morey will make sure he keeps Curry so Harden has shooters. Dude knows basketball.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#22 » by ducler » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#23 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:Should be a win because of Kyrie. Kyrie will pour in 25, KD 30 and Harden 20. More than enough.

Kyrie?

Blazers another team victim of poor hiring. Chauncey has no business being hc. Paul Allen won't be walking through that door to save the day. Blazers will blow it up during off-season.

Harden joining Dame and Biid in Philly is not far fetched. I know KD best players and all, I'm not playing with no coach and flat earth creature. Me personally I'm out.

Harden will want his moolah, all 270 Million of it, no way the Nets won't do a sign and trade; also, please consider, Kyrie comes back full time next year assuming he gets his version of the vaccine and Nets get pieces back from Philly. If the Nets know they're gonna lose him, they will have KD/Kyrie duo which will still kill teams and maybe we get Seth Curry-Simmons from Philly. I would prefer KD/Kyrie/Simmons/Curry over our current big three with Harden falling off.

Paying Harden 200 million + would be a death sentence.

I agree the smart moved would be to trade him to Philly for Simmons and other pieces. This is assuming Kyrie resigns and can play full time next year.

Kyrie is only 29 and is great shape. I have no problem paying him long term.

Problem is KD would have to sign off on it.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#24 » by HardenGoat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:50 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Kyrie?

Paying Harden 200 million + would be a death sentence.

I agree the smart moved would be to trade him to Philly for Simmons and other pieces. This is assuming Kyrie resigns and can play full time next year.

Kyrie is only 29 and is great shape. I have no problem paying him long term.

Problem is KD would have to sign off on it.

Philly is going to trade Simmons by the deadline, they might get pieces that would be of interest for next year in a Harden trade, that remains to be seen. I would be super careful with Kyrie though he is the most unstable player I have ever seen. I doubt Tsai will put his franchise on the line again with a long term deal there.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#25 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#26 » by Jay555 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Play KD only 25-30 mins please.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#27 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:50 pm

It's no mystery. We need to hit our open 3's and win the turnover battle. It would be great if we don't get killed on the boards or in transition.

On paper, we should boat race this SEVERELY compromised Blazers squad. And we might. But, I've seen too much mediocrity from our Nets to trust that they will ruthlessly dispatch an inferior opponent.

Anfernee Simons is flashy scrub, and I won't be a bit surprised if he dog walks our pathetic point of attack defense. DDJ, Stevie has placed a ton of faith in you, here's where it counts. Nurkic will get his inside, we have no one to offer resistance in the paint. Nance is also the type of bouncy undersized big who can give us grief. I guess... go Nets?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#28 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:53 pm

Is it bad that I’m kinda happy that harden isn’t playing tonight. Honestly think he slows the offense down too much
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#29 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:It's no mystery. We need to hit our open 3's and win the turnover battle. It would be great if we don't get killed on the boards or in transition.

On paper, we should boat race this SEVERELY compromised Blazers squad. And we might. But, I've seen too much mediocrity from our Nets to trust that they will ruthlessly dispatch an inferior opponent.

Anfernee Simons is flashy scrub, and I won't be a bit surprised if he dog walks our pathetic point of attack defense. DDJ, Stevie has placed a ton of faith in you, here's where it counts. Nurkic will get his inside, we have no one to offer resistance in the paint. Nance is also the type of bouncy undersized big who can give us grief. I guess... go Nets?

Yeah Nurkic is going to feast in the paint. I think Griffin should play some to hold him off if it gets bad. Best way to play him is run him off the floor using speed. Kyrie will get his and Cam should get some burn. If you can draw him out Claxton can get some paint points too.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,788

Post#30 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:01 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:It's no mystery. We need to hit our open 3's and win the turnover battle. It would be great if we don't get killed on the boards or in transition.

I would not be shocked if the Blazers beats us. Simons will probably drop 30+
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#31 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:08 am

LOL KD about to play 50 minutes to lose.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#32 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:37 am

Duke Jr starting AGAIN! What is wrong with Nash?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#33 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I am not excited for this at all. That 4th quarter versus San Antonio was horrifying. We won, but I felt the same as I do every time we lose.

This season is lost. Terrible coaching, Bad roster construction, Joe being hurt + Kyrie being a selfish c*nt has doomed us.

Marks needs to do something. The only positive we have is that KD is locked in for several years. I fully expect Harden to walk after we get upset in the first round or swept in the 2nd round.
I honestly think that Marks should be fired for hiring Steve Nash.

Not all is doom and gloom when you have a second seed and 25-13 record, at this point, we are not beating the Bucks or Bulls but it’s not like it’s a far stretch to say we can beat them. Nets CAN win, but like you said, Nash has to go and we need a better system. At least with Dantoni, we were able to mask Nash’s shortcomings. Nets need to hire a solid assistant coach and Nash has to play the young guys more with the big three. Edwards, Thomas abd Sharpe helped big time as did Duke . We took a double digit lead with them in the game. But to say the season is lost is a stretch. You can’t just give up when you have the franchise’s best start in terms of record and a two seed with the Bucks at the four seed. If we can avoid Milwaukee, we have a shot at the ECF.

I feel like our record is a sham because we haven't beat one single good team.

We are going to get exposed badly on Wednesday versus the Bulls.

Looking back I agree with you. Looking forward i see a different path. The future gets Joe Harris back and by the playoffs maybe Kyrie too. We also have the trade deadline. So while I dont see the kyrie-less current nets as a threat, i do see a nets team with Harris +a trade + kyrie as a threat or even favorites.

We get to see Kyrie vs the Bulls this time since its on the road. That will help a ton. Although the schedule makers F'd us royally with this portland make-up game. BK to Oregon on a back to back then to Chicago 2 days late at 10 effing PM the night before another back to back. Putting that portland game in this stretch made no sense.

Low-key though idf we lose id be kind of excited to see them in the playoffs. they would have beaten us twice on back to backs with no Kyrie and then this flukey late start after insane travel. On an even playing field i think we would absolutely obliterate them in 4-5 games.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#34 » by Stone » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:44 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Duke Jr starting AGAIN! What is wrong with Nash?

The only thing I can think of is we got to be showcasing DDJ to up his value.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#35 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:03 am

Stone wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Duke Jr starting AGAIN! What is wrong with Nash?

The only thing I can think of is we got to be showcasing DDJ to up his value.

Or they're convincing Brown to waive his no trade if needed.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:06 am

My thought for tonigjht:

1) I 1000% disagree on sending Harden/KD to portland for tonights game. They just played a 43 minute overtime game after both being throw huge minutes the last dozen games. its a back to back flying across the country. it makes no sense.,, rest them for Wednesday.

2) I would send the young kids to play with Kyrie. Kyrie | Bembry | Brown | Kessler | Claxton. That team should cook the version of portland we are seeing tonight (No dame, No McCollum, No Powell...). Then you give KD/Harden 2 days off plus avoid 2 cross country flights. the Kids get more work and us fans get a fun game.

3) you cant lose to a Bad team missing its 2 best players and glue guy, you cant. i dont care who plays, who doesnt. you cant lose to a bad blazers team without lillard/CJ. A loss here an Nash needs to be fired on the spot, 2 guys need to be cut, and 1 guy needs to be traded. this is a throw in a hand grenade game if we lose. head need to roll.

4) WTF is David Duke Jr. starting? Can someone explain this to me? I'm all for injecting youth and energy. But in order for Duke to start, you are benching are #1 Energy guy in Bembry. right after he helped us win in indy. If it was edwards, at least then you can say you are adding size and spacing/three point shooting. but Duke isnt a shooter and Bembry despite not being great career wise is shooting over 40% from three and has been money in the corner.

So again, why is duke starting? why is duke taking bembrys minutes?

stop that. stop it now.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:09 am

Nance is out i believe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#38 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:11 am

Did Harden travel?

you put him on 2 cross country flights to not play? him and KD should have been sitting anyhow. WTF is this nonsense.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,788

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:16 am

2 quick fouls on Claxton.

Nice shot by Duke!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope