Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers- 1/10- 10:00 PM EST 

Post#221 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:16 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:...

If we have internal issues because of Kyrie, it would have started long before his part time return. Their are more obvious more glaring reasons. Our offense has absolutely tanked and we are dead last in threes since Harris got hurt. Nash' inability to generate offense without 2 stars + 2 elite role floor spacers at all times has turned us into a bad offense. Nash is so inept and generating offense (Again this is a guy with KD/Harden) that he has publically stated postgame after postgame that this team needs to "win with defense"

I dont care if we lack shooters. if you cant be a top 10 offense with 40 minutes of KD/Harden/Mlls you need to let someone else take charge of things.

I agree. This is not on Kyrie's return. It's about a lack of identity, a lack of passion & lack of system. If the 3 isn't falling, you have to manufacture points in other ways: post-ups, transition, etc. Harden & KD can't take their sweet time walking the ball up & then just hoisting up a 3 when they're having an off shooting night. There's no movement, no urgency, too many ill-advised heat checks after 2 straight baskets. We're just playing lazy basketball.

Will these guys be able to shift to a higher gear late in the season & in the playoffs? Maybe. I have faith KD can. I have my doubts with Harden. I do fear that it won't be easy for the role players to get re-engaged after a season of dozing off in the corners.

We're going through the motions like it's a no defense allowed all-star game, and are getting frazzled when the other team plays aggressive. Shooters or not, we need guys like Brown, Bembry & Mills to be disruptive & push the pace. We have 3 historically good scorers plus Harris & Mills. We should be able to outscore teams and thus want to maximize the number of possessions in a game. Instead, we're running the basketball equivalent of a ground and pound offense instead of trying to blow teams away.

Spot on... the other thing is, dont cry to me about short comings and then do things counter to what would help those short comings...

-If you crying about spacing, dont insert your worst shooter (Duke Jr - 11.1% 3PT) into the starting lineup and expand his role.
-If you are crying about tired legs, dont play KD 40 minutes after just playing 43 minutes and flying 3000 miles
-if you are crying about consistency, stop yanking guys in and out of the lineup. i know "COVID" but weve been mostly fully back for a while

We aren't losing to MJ's 98 bulls or the mid 80's Boston Celtics here. you should be able to find ways to beat a Clipper team on the second of a back-to-back that had to sign james ennis off the end of our bench to field a full team.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#222 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#223 » by Claud » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 pm

Things are getting UGLY quickly.

KD/Harden have been playing huge minutes yet we've lost 5 out of 7 games. 0-8 vs. top teams.

Nash looks lost AF, and players are starting to get disgruntled.

Oh boy.

It's time for Tsai/Marks to change things up. Nash is just too green to be our coach. We need someone that can actually give this group an identity. Nash is a great spokesman, but very average NBA coach. Should have been an assistant first.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#224 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:55 pm

Claud wrote:Things are getting UGLY quickly.

KD/Harden have been playing huge minutes yet we've lost 5 out of 7 games. 0-8 vs. top teams.

Oh boy.

It's time for Tsai/Marks to change things up. Nash is just too green to be our coach. We need someone that can actually give this group an identity. Nash is a great spokesman, but very average NBA coach. Should have been an assistant first.

Nash is not getting fired, he's KD hand picked boy toy. We need D'Antoni back ASAP since no other legit coach will even entertain this job. Not when clown like Kyrie has a say.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#225 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:20 pm

People blaming Kyrie have lost their marbles.

We sucked before Kyrie. And hes the least of our problems.

The roster isn't perfect. But its good enough to beat the G League Blazers or Clippers.

We look lost out there. Nobody knows their role or what they are doing. There is no coaching on this team. No direction. Its a mess.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#226 » by NetsWorld » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:22 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Oh boy.

Nash is not getting fired, he's KD hand picked boy toy. We need D'Antoni back ASAP since no other legit coach will even entertain this job. Not when clown like Kyrie has a say.

D'Antoni will actually make a system out of our team which will probably allow the offense to flourish, but what I will say is this team needs TWO WAY players. Not a mix of elite scorers with defensive oriented players. Last years team had the issue of players who were offensive oriented, this year it's defensive oriented. We need at least two more shooters who can also defend.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers- 1/10- 10:00 PM EST 

Post#227 » by Paradise » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Nash comes off like a guy who is in over his head on many levels and all it will take is KD or Harden to question his coaching acumen to send him packing.

Nash is looking more and more like Kenny Atkinson all over again with these stubborn rotations that don’t make sense, random insertions of rookies and vets with no clear cut role defined or consistency which makes it harder to establish a good defense.

I didn’t even realize until this morning that Millsap is available to play and Bruce Brown was available to play but are legitimately out of the rotation…same nonsense he did with Blake and went back to him immediately.

He’s in over his head and I’m sure Vanderpool and Vaughn could out coach him on any given night with this team. It’s starting to show how much he was carried last season by D’antoni and Udoka.
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#228 » by CoachD » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This confirms my point ... yes the offense has been bad ... but the defense has been worse.

Offense will be tougher to fix when you have those 3 ball dominant players who all want iso opportunities

But defense travels and can make up for a lot of problems
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#229 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 pm

At the end of the day:

Good NBA coaches find ways to win games with whatever is available within reason. Just look at Miami this season. They've been healthy for maybe 1 week and they still win games with random players literally called Guy.

Steve Nash needs everyone 100% healthy and playing well to win games consistently and look competent. A team with KD, Kyrie should not be losing to depleted Portland the way they did. Idc if it was a b2b.

All you really need to know. Yes, he's not 100% at fault here but he's making everything worse. Team will never reach its max potential with a coach like him. The margin for error is far too small with him in charge. A championship looks like a long shot at this point. Talk about a waste of talent.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#230 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:44 pm

CoachD wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This confirms my point ... yes the offense has been bad ... but the defense has been worse.

Offense will be tougher to fix when you have those 3 ball dominant players who all want iso opportunities

This offense looked unstoppable last year and journeyman like Shamet, Green and washed up Blake looked like legit role players.

Tired of saying same damn crap. Once gameplan is trash rest of issues will pile up on top. Main problem right now is that our best playmaker looks dumbfounded. This leads to KD forcing plays, which is automatic turnover at this point. Plain simple, until we get Harden going this crap will only get worse.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#231 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 pm

Kyrie is a cancer who started this s*** firing Kenny. Took a pride saying so too. Now flat earth creature sabotaged entire season simply because he feels like he shouldn't have an employer/owner and finds any excuse to not to do his job while wanting to be paid top money.

Thinking things will change while he's home was biggest mistake we've been tricked to. It only got worst. Only one who's been able to talk any sense to him was/is LBJ. Even he was looking to trade Kyrie for PG when opportunities were there. Marks/Tsai need to wake up and take actions.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#232 » by Jay555 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:14 pm

Windhorst reported that some executives have speculated that offloading the money of Simmons and Harris could pave the way for the 76ers to pursue James Harden in free agency.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265407/76ers-Trying-To-Include-Tobias-Harris-In-Trade-Of-Ben-Simmons

Morey is lurking around.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#233 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 pm

Oh boy.

Whether you think Nash is the problem or not, he is certainly disposable and we dont get worse firing him. More likely he sucks and his replacement is better. but in either even its the easiest change to jolt the team with 0 chance to make things much worse.

he has to go
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:People blaming Kyrie have lost their marbles.

We sucked before Kyrie. And hes the least of our problems.

The roster isn't perfect. But its good enough to beat the G League Blazers or Clippers.

We look lost out there. Nobody knows their role or what they are doing. There is no coaching on this team. No direction. Its a mess.

Yeah it blows my mind we can play .500 ball for 20 games, be bottom of the league in offense and defense in that stretch. and we are blaming Kyrie coming back for that when this goes all the way back to Harris injury?

Again.. 12-3 with Harris, 13-11 without Harris.

Spacing is a problem, but moreso Nash's inability to generate an offense for us without 5 elite spacers at all times is a problem.

Like you said, Harden/KD should be enough to get past a James Ennis led clippers or Anfrernee Simons led Blazers
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#235 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:42 pm

CoachD wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The offense is worse. "since christmas" isnt exactly a large sample. our issues trace back to joe harris injury (12-3 prior, 13-11 since). Our offense helps our defense. Teams dont need to spend any effort defending us and they dont need to commit anyone to rebounds. they can run as soon as shots go up and they are fresh from not having to move and they dont need to take it out under their basket because we are not scoring. add in live ball turnovers and its just gross

again, watch the games. no one here would argue our offense is far and away the bigger issue
CoachD
Lead Assistant

Post#236 » by CoachD » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CoachD wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The offense is worse. "since christmas" isnt exactly a large sample. our issues trace back to joe harris injury (12-3 prior, 13-11 since). Our offense helps our defense. Teams dont need to spend any effort defending us and they dont need to commit anyone to rebounds. they can run as soon as shots go up and they are fresh from not having to move and they dont need to take it out under their basket because we are not scoring. add in live ball turnovers and its just gross

again, watch the games. no one here would argue our offense is far and away the bigger issue

I'm not sure what you assume I'm not watching the games

I've seen almost every Nets game this season

And yes.... this season, with the nature of transient lineups - since Christmas is a good sample size to see the trend
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#237 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:19 pm

CoachD wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CoachD wrote:

And yes.... this season, with the nature of transient lineups - since Christmas is a good sample size to see the trend

you havent watched all the games if you think defense is the problem or a bigger problem then offense.

its like overwhelmingly offense

like 80-90% offense

like it started when we lost offense/shooting

its not like a 6 of one half dozen of another thing. it is glariling offense
CoachD
Lead Assistant

Post#238 » by CoachD » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CoachD wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

you havent watched all the games if you think defense is the problem or a bigger problem then offense.

its like overwhelmingly offense

like 80-90% offense

like it started when we lost offense/shooting

its not like a 6 of one half dozen of another thing. it is glariling offense

Sorry but no.

I holistically disagree. When I see Harden walking and making no effort to help on straight line drives....

KD out near the top ... not collapsing ...

The only vet I see with a consistent defensive effort is Mills
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#239 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:46 pm

Prok check your dates dude, the Nets are 15-10 since Harris went down. His last game was against the Pelicans on Nov. 12th.

We went 13-5 from that time up until the Philly home game on 12/30. Since that game, we have been 2 and 5.

Joe being gone hurts, but this team's play has been glaringly bad after the Christmas LA victories. That isn't a Joe Harris issue. I won't even say it's a Kyrie issue. But I need to understand how this team went from looking like gods against the LA teams Christmas week to looking like complete garbage 2 weeks later.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#240 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:47 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The defense has been abysmal. I am not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. We are giving up second chance buckets and the perimeter defense is non existent.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets