ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Fire Nash thread - Part II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Official Fire Nash thread - Part II 

Post#201 » by Shark » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:03 am

Paradise wrote:Lmao this dude is getting fired by Tuesday.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is beyond pathetic. I'll usually defend our guys whenever the media goes after them, but lets be honest. The media has taken it pretty easy on the Nets this entire season aside from the whole Kyrie saga. Now when the spotlight is on Nash and our stars they all decide to go into hiding? I'm over this ****.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#202 » by Gooner » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Marks should be packing up his stuff too.

Who’s replacing him? He should be given a fair chance to fix it before anything like that. He’s 1-1 with Kenny and Steve.

He’s been damn near perfect with trades and drafting until we dealt for Harden.

That would be an incredibly short sided decision that could lead to worse outcomes. We don’t know how that could effect KD staying here.

We have no control over our picks for god knows how long, and he wasted two years of Durant's prime with Nash. I wouldn't be upset if he got canned along with Nash.

No GM should get to hire more than two coaches during their tenure.

Nash wouldn't be there if KD didn't aprove him. He also wanted Atkinson fired when he said he didn't see "championship habits". I don't think Marks had much choice even if he didn't want Nash. The decision to bring Nash to coach a team of this caliber might be the dumbest move I've ever seen in basketball. Complete waste of these 2 years of championship window.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:33 am

Gooner wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Who’s replacing him? He should be given a fair chance to fix it before anything like that. He’s 1-1 with Kenny and Steve.

He’s been damn near perfect with trades and drafting until we dealt for Harden.

That would be an incredibly short sided decision that could lead to worse outcomes. We don’t know how that could effect KD staying here.

We have no control over our picks for god knows how long, and he wasted two years of Durant's prime with Nash. I wouldn't be upset if he got canned along with Nash.

Nash wouldn't be there if KD didn't aprove him. He also wanted Atkinson fired when he said he didn't see "championship habits". I don't think Marks had much choice even if he didn't want Nash. The decision to bring Nash to coach a team of this caliber might be the dumbest move I've ever seen in basketball. Complete waste of these 2 years of championship window.

Now we see what KD meant by his definition of "championship habits".

I've lost all respect for him
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#204 » by Gooner » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:09 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Gooner wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Now we see what KD meant by his definition of "championship habits".

I've lost all respect for him

KD didn't like Steve Kerr and he complained about the system in Golden State, about not having enough iso plays etc. That system is the best example of championship habits in recent history and it gave KD 2 championships, and he still had the audacity to criticise it on his way out. He liked Scott Brooks though. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he comes up as the next Nets head coach, because he is a "cool" guy that likes to "let the players play", just like Nash.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#205 » by Revived » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:26 am

Read on Twitter

Nash is a poor coach overall but some people go overboard with the whole “no adjustments ever” type stuff.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#206 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:34 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nash is a poor coach overall but some people go overboard with the whole “no adjustments ever” type stuff.

To be fair, I’m pretty sure most fans were critiquing the lack of meaningful adjustments on offense, not defense.

Sure, we ran different actions to try to get KD operating out of the high post, but at the end of the day, we all knew possessions were going to come down to KD and Kyrie ISO-ing with little off-ball movement.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#207 » by therealbig3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:04 am

Defended Nash for the last 2 years, but yeah, when you get swept in the first round despite having KD and Kyrie, and each game was a close loss (meaning small swings here and there decided every game, and we just couldn't get it done), then yeah, he's gotta go.

Although Durant and Kyrie choking like little bitches are by far the biggest reasons for this, if we're being honest with ourselves.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#208 » by Born_Ready » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:12 am

Just have Nash step into the GM role like Boston did with Brad Stevens. It wasn’t rocket science for Boston to figure out who to hire. Maybe Nash could do the same?

I’m joking……
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#209 » by Eatgreenz » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:50 am

92-62 in the regular season were freestyling no system just having talent can still deliver wins

In the postseason were you need strategy, adjustments, and system he is 7-8. He has to go if we wanna win a championship
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#210 » by Gooner » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:18 am

Nash's fate is in KD's hands, it's as simple as that. The first thing KD did when he came to Nets was throwing away the entire culture that was built before. He disqualified Kenny Atkinson before he even played one game for him when he said that he didn't see "championship habits". Then what did he do? He hired Nash, a proven championship caliber coach. :lol: Then he traded LeVert and Allen for Harden and it didn't pay off at all. Now he burned his bridge with Harden like he did with everybody else he worked with.

The only thing left now is him falling out with Kyrie, and that would have already happened if KD didn't need him. He destroyed all the other resources, Kyrie is all he has left, and vice versa.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#211 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:40 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

To be fair, I’m pretty sure most fans were critiquing the lack of meaningful adjustments on offense, not defense.

Sure, we ran different actions to try to get KD operating out of the high post, but at the end of the day, we all knew possessions were going to come down to KD and Kyrie ISO-ing with little off-ball movement.

Correct. Defense was not the issue, it was our offense. It stunk to high hell because it was predictable and Durant/Irving don't want to play a style of basketball that will make defenses shift and open up holes, they'd prefer to Isolate 1 on 5. They're idiots, and Nash is too for giving in to them because he's the one taking the lashing by the fanbase and media.

Stan's own brother pointed out how the Nets don't utilize any off ball actions on offense a week ago. When you have 4 guys standing around not moving it makes it very easy for a great defensive club like Boston to shut down what you're doing.

I get that SVG wants to stick up for his fellow coach, but if the Nets had Stan as a coach we would have probably still been playing right now.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#212 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Correct. Defense was not the issue, it was our offense. It stunk to high hell because it was predictable and Durant/Irving don't want to play a style of basketball that will make defenses shift and open up holes, they'd prefer to Isolate 1 on 5. They're idiots, and Nash is too for giving in to them because he's the one taking the lashing by the fanbase and media.

Stan's own brother pointed out how the Nets don't utilize any off ball actions on offense a week ago. When you have 4 guys standing around not moving it makes it very easy for a great defensive club like Boston to shut down what you're doing.

I get that SVG wants to stick up for his fellow coach, but if the Nets had Stan as a coach we would have probably still been playing right now.

It feels like Stan is projecting. He probably believes he failed and was fired for things out of his control, so when he hears Nash’s list of excuses for why this season was so difficult, he sticks up for Nash like he probably wanted people to stick up for him.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#213 » by Kampuchea » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:11 pm

Lue isn’t available but seems like the perfect coach to manage these personalities. Not sure Dantoni wants to replace his guy Nash? And coach Simmons who won’t shoot a three?

Jeff VG? he will push defense and not sure about him managing Kyrie.

Anyway, Nash was not the right hire. And that’s not about Nash as a person, it’s about bringing in a guy without proper experience.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#214 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:30 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Lue isn’t available but seems like the perfect coach to manage these personalities. Not sure Dantoni wants to replace his guy Nash? And coach Simmons who won’t shoot a three?

Anyway, Nash was not the right hire. And that’s not about Nash as a person, it’s about bringing in a guy without proper experience.

Exactly.

I’m honestly amused at the white privilege this dude gets when any team with two superstars who gets swept 4-0 in a seven game series decided by 7 points or less, would on any other planet look at the coaching.

The Doc Rivers situation is no different. Wasted years blaming everyone else in LA with the Clippers. It was always Chris Paul being a choker but now, he brings it to Philly. Nothing has changed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#215 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:34 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:To be fair, I’m pretty sure most fans were critiquing the lack of meaningful adjustments on offense, not defense.

It feels like Stan is projecting. He probably believes he failed and was fired for things out of his control, so when he hears Nash’s list of excuses for why this season was so difficult, he sticks up for Nash like he probably wanted people to stick up for him.

And that is fair, because Nash could not control Kyrie's behavior, Harden's behavior, on top of Joe and KD getting hurt.

But those things don't explain why this team doesn't remotely have an offensive system to exploit what defenses gives you, and his inability to adjust in game.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#216 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Lue isn’t available but seems like the perfect coach to manage these personalities. Not sure Dantoni wants to replace his guy Nash? And coach Simmons who won’t shoot a three?

Steve Nash is probably a great guy. Never heard a bad thing about him. But this isn't about him as a person...he's just in over his head.

But I blame KD, Kyrie, and Marks more. They're the ones responsible for him even having the job because KD/Kyrie don't want to adhere to structure or sound coaching.

bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#217 » by bubonicphoniks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:04 pm

4/27/2022

3:04 pm est.

How does Steve Nash still have a job?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#218 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:14 pm

bubonicphoniks wrote:4/27/2020

3:04 pm est.

How does Steve Nash still have a job?

The same way that the son of the CEO at the company that I work for has a job despite being fairly unqualified to hold the position that he has.

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#219 » by Shark » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:52 pm

The only hope left is if Nash has a moment of clarity and decides to walk away from the team...

That is to say there is absolutely no chance there is anyone else coach this team at the start of next season.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#220 » by Eatgreenz » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Jay Wright said he would think about making a jump to the NBA. His one kd's guy might be something

Return to Brooklyn Nets