ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 41,404
And1: 13,979
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#201 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:28 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:The organization is seeing what everyone is seeing they’ll probably pay the fine.


They wont. And it would be a really really really bad idea if they did for multiple reasons:

1) Its sports. you dont break the law and spit in the face of public health for sports
2) Its selfish and it makes the NBA look bad. It is morally wrong and gives the league bad press
3) The city may not allow it, and try and make an example of the Nets
4) The mandate likely is lifted or revised in the next month or so anyhow
5) would be a huge distraction and put negativity around the return of Kyrie, which there is already enough of

Kyrie is going to play 4 of our next 6 games and and 7 of our next 11. that will take us into February. things could very easily change or be on the verge of changing by then.

Paying the fines would be an all-time worst move in team history

Either that or Kyrie gets the vaccine I don’t see a revision anytime soon.


A revision is imminent. you cant restrict peoples lives in this way for something proving to be less of a public health risk then the flu.
KD35Netted
Rookie
Posts: 1,182
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 17, 2014

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#202 » by KD35Netted » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:15 pm

HardenGoat wrote:My thought is the mandate will be lifted and this is what Kyrie is hoping for, he is not on board with being the reason for fines getting paid for his vaccination status and playing. In the event the mandate doesn't get lifted in the next couple months, he will get vaccinated. We are seeing the crest of the Omicron wave and in the next few weeks we should see a big push to loosen restrictions as the endemic phase begins.



My theory, and I could be wrong, is if you listen to Harden say he will give him the vaccine himself, jokingly of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets did this deliberately from the beginning of the season to protect Kyrie and keep him fresh to manipulate the league so to speak and cause a stir. Let's face it, the Nets know Giannis undercut Kyrie and nothing was done; is it out of the realm of possibility the Nets big three and management had discussions about keeping Kyrie away for when it really matters and pretend he never wanted the vaccine so he can make his comeback mid-season to get back at the league? I mean they have been injury riddled this year and last year and I am sure they wanted to protect a key player. Food for thought and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is going on.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 41,734
And1: 17,065
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:MY thoughts on the game....

1) What we have all been saying. 'why is duke starting?' It makes so much more sense to have edwards start if you want a rookie in there. More of a shooting threat, bigger, more athletic, better defender.

2) The 2 rookies starting looked great but im not going to overreact to either. Anyone is going to look alot better playing along side all 3 stars. the Gravity of the trio is unmatched. I'm sure claxton would have killed it too. I'd keep giving Sharpe burn to evaluate him. at worst he helps us on the glass. I'm excited to see what edwards looks like with Kyrie out tonight. Our offense has sucked and had awful spacing with just KD/Harden the last few weeks. will he continue to help in that regard and on a back to back?

3) Patty mills getting WIIDDDE open jumpers is a thing of beauty. He can hit from anywhere the % of his threes that came from hand off off balance heaves was way to high as of late. wide open in the corner is a layup for him.

4) Kyrie breaks the game. He didnt score double digits and shot poorly. But he adds so much. His gravity is there, several times we saw the bulls pass on helping on a Harden/KD drive because Kyrie was in the corner. His playmaking is there... he found shooters and cutters. Harden is better at it, but Kyrie adds another playmaker. The threat of his scoring is there. They had to dedicate a good defender to him. or he will cook. you have to help, or he will cook. Just by being on the floor, he takes us to a god level tier.

5) Bembry is a G

+35 in 20 minutes. He has to play. 20-25 mpg. too good defensively, glue energy guy. when he is on the floor good things happen. I feel similarly with Blake. i dont know on minutes but he needs to play and be in the rotation. His energy/IQ/Charges help make us a good team.

6) our next 9 games:
Thunder
Pelicans
Cavs (Kyrie)
Wiz (Kyrie)
Spure (Kyrie)
Wolves (Kyrie)
Lakers
Nuggets
Kings (Kyrie)

We should be favored in every one of those games. we can make a nice run here to build confidence and get some distance between the 3-5 seeds. Tonight's game is big. If we can gut through the back to back then we have an awful pelicans team followed by having Kyrie for 4 straight vs inferior competition.

7-2 is a reasonable expectation with a real shot at 9-0



I say tonight, keep the same energy. Mills/Harden/Edwards/KD/Sharpe. 4 guys that can shoot and one rebounding/roll big.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 41,404
And1: 13,979
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#204 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:22 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:My thought is the mandate will be lifted and this is what Kyrie is hoping for, he is not on board with being the reason for fines getting paid for his vaccination status and playing. In the event the mandate doesn't get lifted in the next couple months, he will get vaccinated. We are seeing the crest of the Omicron wave and in the next few weeks we should see a big push to loosen restrictions as the endemic phase begins.



My theory, and I could be wrong, is if you listen to Harden say he will give him the vaccine himself, jokingly of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets did this deliberately from the beginning of the season to protect Kyrie and keep him fresh to manipulate the league so to speak and cause a stir. Let's face it, the Nets know Giannis undercut Kyrie and nothing was done; is it out of the realm of possibility the Nets big three and management had discussions about keeping Kyrie away for when it really matters and pretend he never wanted the vaccine so he can make his comeback mid-season to get back at the league? I mean they have been injury riddled this year and last year and I am sure they wanted to protect a key player. Food for thought and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is going on.


Man, you need to write some fiction novels :lol:

I don't think it is some deep conspiracy. Kyrie is pretty openly anti-government, anti-big corp, anti-big pharma, anti-mandate. Not getting vaccinated was pretty on brand for him. even with all the money he lost. Kyrie is about as upfront a dude as their is. if he wanted to take the first half off, he probably would have just said im taking off, personal reasons, etc...

key note: He was in training camp, ready to play in preseason until the mandate came down right before the preseason opener.

conspiracy has no legs
KD35Netted
Rookie
Posts: 1,182
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 17, 2014

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#205 » by KD35Netted » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:My thought is the mandate will be lifted and this is what Kyrie is hoping for, he is not on board with being the reason for fines getting paid for his vaccination status and playing. In the event the mandate doesn't get lifted in the next couple months, he will get vaccinated. We are seeing the crest of the Omicron wave and in the next few weeks we should see a big push to loosen restrictions as the endemic phase begins.



My theory, and I could be wrong, is if you listen to Harden say he will give him the vaccine himself, jokingly of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets did this deliberately from the beginning of the season to protect Kyrie and keep him fresh to manipulate the league so to speak and cause a stir. Let's face it, the Nets know Giannis undercut Kyrie and nothing was done; is it out of the realm of possibility the Nets big three and management had discussions about keeping Kyrie away for when it really matters and pretend he never wanted the vaccine so he can make his comeback mid-season to get back at the league? I mean they have been injury riddled this year and last year and I am sure they wanted to protect a key player. Food for thought and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is going on.


Man, you need to write some fiction novels :lol:

I don't think it is some deep conspiracy. Kyrie is pretty openly anti-government, anti-big corp, anti-big pharma, anti-mandate. Not getting vaccinated was pretty on brand for him. even with all the money he lost. Kyrie is about as upfront a dude as their is. if he wanted to take the first half off, he probably would have just said im taking off, personal reasons, etc...

key note: He was in training camp, ready to play in preseason until the mandate came down right before the preseason opener.

conspiracy has no legs


Keep believing that.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 41,404
And1: 13,979
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#206 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:32 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

My theory, and I could be wrong, is if you listen to Harden say he will give him the vaccine himself, jokingly of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets did this deliberately from the beginning of the season to protect Kyrie and keep him fresh to manipulate the league so to speak and cause a stir. Let's face it, the Nets know Giannis undercut Kyrie and nothing was done; is it out of the realm of possibility the Nets big three and management had discussions about keeping Kyrie away for when it really matters and pretend he never wanted the vaccine so he can make his comeback mid-season to get back at the league? I mean they have been injury riddled this year and last year and I am sure they wanted to protect a key player. Food for thought and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is going on.


Man, you need to write some fiction novels :lol:

I don't think it is some deep conspiracy. Kyrie is pretty openly anti-government, anti-big corp, anti-big pharma, anti-mandate. Not getting vaccinated was pretty on brand for him. even with all the money he lost. Kyrie is about as upfront a dude as their is. if he wanted to take the first half off, he probably would have just said im taking off, personal reasons, etc...

key note: He was in training camp, ready to play in preseason until the mandate came down right before the preseason opener.

conspiracy has no legs


Keep believing that.


I'll play along.

-When did kyrie start this plan?
-How did Kyrie know the mandate was coming right before preseason opener?
-Why was Kyrie in camp and ready to go to open the preseason if he was going to sit out?

What evidence points to any of this being true other then wild speculation?
User avatar
HardenGoat
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 640
Joined: Jan 18, 2021
       

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#207 » by HardenGoat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 7,056
And1: 1,765
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#208 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Not bad for a rookie :D
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 7,056
And1: 1,765
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#209 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:30 pm

HardenGoat wrote:
Read on Twitter


How in the hell he didn't foul out is beyond me :lol:
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,298
And1: 2,053
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#210 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:20 pm

I don't overreact but it was nice to smackdown the Bulls. They beat us on a pair of b2bs and you could tell they were feeling real good about it. Had to remind them real quick.

This game was awesome but I need us to string games together where we play with this kind of energy + we run the same kind of rotation. This was a huge game and the guys played like it.

Big underrated thing Kyrie does is force us to play faster. He gets us into our sets quick. He attacks the defense if they're off balance. Him and Patty really get things going. Harden loves to pound the rock and survey the floor - so he needs hyper quick guards to speed him up sometimes.

Kessler Edwards needs to get a lot of playing time moving forward. He's a GREAT backup for KD. This guy just did a respectable job guarding Derozan + Lavine. He's active defensively. He's a good shooter and unlike anyone else on the team outside of Patty + Harris - he's super comfortable shooting corner 3s. He's a big time straight line athlete who's 6'8. What more could we ask for? He's not a ball handler but we don't need that. We've been asking for this since he cooked in that Toronto game.

Seeing Harden toy with a team was good to see. He's had really good games this year but this was the first time I think I really saw that swagger from Houston.
TheNetsFan
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,805
And1: 993
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#211 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:54 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Kessler Edwards needs to get a lot of playing time moving forward. He's a GREAT backup for KD. This guy just did a respectable job guarding Derozan + Lavine. He's active defensively. He's a good shooter and unlike anyone else on the team outside of Patty + Harris - he's super comfortable shooting corner 3s. He's a big time straight line athlete who's 6'8. What more could we ask for? He's not a ball handler but we don't need that. We've been asking for this since he cooked in that Toronto game.

That's an understatement. He looks very uncomfortable putting the ball on the floor. It needs to be a point of developmental emphasis, especially given our lack of pure PGs.

Return to Brooklyn Nets