ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays 

Post#1 » by NetsWorld » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Official game thread, do the Nets ride the momentum from last night or go back to our lazy ways? Nets need to build off of last night's win. Nothing else to say, Go Nets!
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Last night was great but means nothing.

OKC is young and play fast and hard. The Nets we see tonight are a different team. The non-Kyrie nets cant rely on 130 points a game. Hopefully starting Mills/Edwards will help spacing. i assume edwards starts for sure. Nash liked mills off the bench so maybe bembry but we will see.

We are winless on the 2nd of a back to back
We are .500 at home
1-5 in our last 6 games without Kyrie

This team needs to show me they can beat a bad team, in our building, without Kyrie before i get to high off last nights win. We win this one, we have a potential win streak coming. after tonight:

Home vs. Pelicans (3rd worst team in NBA; 2nd of back to back)
@Cavs (Kyrie plays)
@Wiz (Kyrie plays)
@Spurs (Kyrie plays)
@wolves (Kyrie plays)

We win tonight and my optimism meter will jump drastically. We run the table these next 6 games we are sitting at 32-14.

If we cant beat the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the league, at home headed into the road trip, it will erase all good will from chicago for me.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#3 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Thunder have lost 5 in a row to pretty blah competition.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#4 » by HardenGoat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:Last night was great but means nothing.

OKC is young and play fast and hard. The Nets we see tonight are a different team. The non-Kyrie nets cant rely on 130 points a game. Hopefully starting Mills/Edwards will help spacing. i assume edwards starts for sure. Nash liked mills off the bench so maybe bembry but we will see.

We are .500 at home

This team needs to show me they can beat a bad team, in our building, without Kyrie before i get to high off last nights win. We win this one, we have a potential win streak coming. after tonight:

@Cavs (Kyrie plays)
@Wiz (Kyrie plays)
@Spurs (Kyrie plays)
@wolves (Kyrie plays)

We win tonight and my optimism meter will jump drastically. We run the table these next 6 games we are sitting at 32-14.

If we cant beat the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the league, at home headed into the road trip, it will erase all good will from chicago for me.

I think Mills subbed for Kyrie and Bembry came in for Kessler, without Kyrie we should see Mills start and Kessler keep his corner rotation start.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:48 pm

HardenGoat wrote:

We are .500 at home

@Cavs (Kyrie plays)
@Wiz (Kyrie plays)
@Spurs (Kyrie plays)
@wolves (Kyrie plays)

I think Mills subbed for Kyrie and Bembry came in for Kessler, without Kyrie we should see Mills start

I'm not convinced. I can see nash wanting to keep patty in his traditional 6th man role. he said he likes him there in pregame yestarday.

I can See Cam Thomas, Bembry, or even Brown getting a start.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:54 pm

While our next 5-6 games are fluff, the bulls have:

GS
@bos
@mem
Cavs
@bucks

they should be underdogs in 4 of those
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#7 » by HardenGoat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:

We are .500 at home

@Cavs (Kyrie plays)
@Wiz (Kyrie plays)
@Spurs (Kyrie plays)
@wolves (Kyrie plays)

I think Mills subbed for Kyrie and Bembry came in for Kessler, without Kyrie we should see Mills start

I'm not convinced. I can see nash wanting to keep patty in his traditional 6th man role. he said he likes him there in pregame yestarday.

hope not, I think that would be an error. Mills spreads the floor and sets up the spacing against the opposing starters, with Kessler on the opposite side the lane opens up. Bembry/brown should stay on our bench squad and Bembry should close our games. If Cam started I could live with that but he's not as effective from 3.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#8 » by NetsWorld » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:58 pm

HardenGoat wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:I think Mills subbed for Kyrie and Bembry came in for Kessler, without Kyrie we should see Mills start

hope not, I think that would be an error. Mills spreads the floor and sets up the spacing against the opposing starters, with Kessler on the opposite side the lane opens up. Bembry/brown should stay on our bench squad and Bembry should close our games. If Cam started I could live with that but he's not as effective from 3.

It's pretty clear, and you answered it correctly, what made the Nets unbeatable, aside from personnel of course, is the spacing was a big part of that success. When you see the big three along with Edwards out on the floor, the spacing was ridiculously good. The Nets thrive off of spacing and when Kyrie/Harris are missing, it's difficult to get spacing going when the focus is just on defense. Defense helped us tremendously but from watching last night's game, we need spacing in the line up the most. It should be Harden/KD/Mills/Edwards/Sharpe. Mills and Edwards can both shoot and will help space the floor for KD/Harden and when they get doubled, someone will be open. Will Nash listen and start a spacer or someone who is solely defensive focused and cannot shoot the ball (Brown,Bembry, Duke). All solid on the defensive end but they need to be put in at different points in the game. Edwards can shoot the damn ball from three.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#9 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:27 pm

The Clays needs a win. Fans need to feel good when buying/going to a Nets home game. I know it's a b2b and the big3 won't be whole but need to keep the momentum going.

A win tonight would keep the healing energy going.

I'd like to see this if KD plays: Harden, Cam, Kessler, KD, Clax. Swap (Bembry in there if KD rests)

Cam brings the most similar skillset to Kyrie and Patty, Blake, Bembry will be the spark plugs off the bench.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:05 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

It's pretty clear, and you answered it correctly, what made the Nets unbeatable, aside from personnel of course, is the spacing was a big part of that success. When you see the big three along with Edwards out on the floor, the spacing was ridiculously good. The Nets thrive off of spacing and when Kyrie/Harris are missing, it's difficult to get spacing going when the focus is just on defense. Defense helped us tremendously but from watching last night's game, we need spacing in the line up the most. It should be Harden/KD/Mills/Edwards/Sharpe. Mills and Edwards can both shoot and will help space the floor for KD/Harden and when they get doubled, someone will be open. Will Nash listen and start a spacer or someone who is solely defensive focused and cannot shoot the ball (Brown,Bembry, Duke). All solid on the defensive end but they need to be put in at different points in the game. Edwards can shoot the damn ball from three.

to be clear, im not advocating patty come off the bench, i am saying im not sold that nash will start him.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#11 » by Jay555 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:10 pm

No Patty, No KD.

Harden needs to go god mode. Let’s do it.

Read on Twitter
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#12 » by NetsWorld » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:22 pm

Time for Edwards/Sharpe to continue to build off of last night and I am confident Harden will make this team look like the Rockets out there of old. He will thrive of driving and dishing it.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#13 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:29 pm

No KD/Mills not making me feel good about this team.

OKC is one of the worst teams. And seem to be tanking. But we have lost to worse teams.

Need Harden to carry and the rookies to play big tonight. We NEED a home win.

Play at home has been pathetic.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:29 pm

I think its a smart spot to get KD/Patty rest.

second of a back to back vs. an awful team that Harden may still will us a win over. then we get the awful pels followed by 4 poor teams with kyrie playing.

Hpefully harden and the young ones can get the W for us
I'd guess....

Harden | Bembry | Duke | Edwards | Sharpe

Cam | Brown | Johnson | Blake
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#15 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Well, this one turned into a scheduled loss haha.

Good game for the rookies to get some experience tho.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#16 » by Stone » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:36 pm

No Mills or KD.....The plot thickens

It's Hardens turn to take the kids and make it happen.

We are obviously going to need points and this could be a great opportunity for Cam.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:37 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Well, this one turned into a scheduled loss haha.

Good game for the rookies to get some experience tho.

The thunder are an awful team. Even with KD/Ky/Harris/Clax out we SHOULD win. back to back still should win.

Dortz defending Harden well is all that worries me. but even then, they are terrible
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#18 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:I think its a smart spot to get KD/Patty rest.

second of a back to back vs. an awful team that Harden may still will us a win over. then we get the awful pels followed by 4 poor teams with kyrie playing.

I'd guess....

I'm not a fan of throwing away games. We have a chance in this game, but it's not a lock with all of those guys out. I'd be more in favor of giving guys nights off one at a time on the road when Kyrie is available, but I think the thought process is to build chemistry by maximizing the time the Big 3 share on the court.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:01 pm

Well, I don't like our chances.

don't sleep on the Thunder. Shai Alexander and Josh Giddey are one of the best young backcourts in the league.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:I think its a smart spot to get KD/Patty rest.

I'd guess....

Marks needs to acquire a shooter. Our depth 3 point wise is atrocious.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets