Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Re: Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays 

Post#121 » by NetsJets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:52 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I’m not mad at this loss. No KD, no Mills, Kyrie is part time, Aldridge and Claxton is out.

I am. There's no reason to sit KD AND Mills in a game where you're already down Kyrie, Harris & Claxton.

I don’t agree with the decision either but once they did it I figured we would lose.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 857

Post#122 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:54 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't really get why we punted on this game.

We need wins. Weve been awful.

Instead we ran Harden into the ground for another loss.

Either rest everybody or don't.

Yep Nash is an idiot. This should have been a full rest for all the main guys.

Harden is going to leave in the summer I think. The Nets went from a top flight organization to a sh*t show in terms of coaching and management. Sean Marks has been silent. I would not stay here if I was him. Kyrie is a clown and KD values his friendship with him too much. To win an NBA title you have to be on some Jordan/Kobe sh*t.

If Kyrie plays full time, there is hope. We will see.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,851

Post#123 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:56 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Well, I don't like our chances.

don't sleep on the Thunder. Shai Alexander and Josh Giddey are one of the best young backcourts in the league.

im sleeping on them. they are a bad team. you think our roster contruction is bad? they lack everything. Giddey would come off our bench even with guys out.

Dort is the only guy who is trouble on that team.

Shai? yeah no thanks.. he is basically just a healthier levert. An inefficienct chucker who very little positive impact on winning and who is a complete brick layer.

41% FG, 27% from three, 52 TS%

You need to actually start watching games bro.

Going to basketball reference to pull up numbers isn't good research. You need to actually watch guys plays. SGA/Giddey/Dort are going to be an elite trio soon. SGA's efficiency is down but when you look at his career numbers the dude is a killer

Watch games.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#124 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:56 am

3pt_chucker wrote:I'd trade Milsap, Carter, a lifetime supply of bagels and a dope beanie to Denver for Uncle Jeff.

Jeff is 100 times better than Milsap & Carter combined. not to mention dude has an awesome chemistry with Harden.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,851

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:57 am

Jay555 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Harden is going to leave in the summer I think. The Nets went from a top flight organization to a sh*t show in terms of coaching and management. Sean Marks has been silent. I would not stay here if I was him. Kyrie is a clown and KD values his friendship with him too much. To win an NBA title you have to be on some Jordan/Kobe sh*t.

Kyrie is the X factor. He negates all of the bad **** that Nash does
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#126 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 am

Prokorov wrote:
Jay555 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
We are DOWN to 1 spacer.

At full strength they have 1 spacer (Kenrich Williams, 38%) and thats a low volume big.

Dort, Giddey, Shai, Beazley are all terrible from deep.

OKC is DEAD LAST in threes at a putrid 30.7%

even with all the guys out of the lineup, we still have a better shooting team then them tonight

Will see how this turns out. We are pretty ordinary at home regardless of who the opponents are. But I think the momentum from yesterday should carry on.

We are ordinary at home... very true.

They are 4-15 on the road. what would you describe that as?

I would describe that as "sufficient to beat us at home". Lol.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#127 » by HardenGoat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 am

KD and Mills may be legitimately sore. Iam just glad Harden didn’t pull something. Cam had a good run. We lost cause we have some really bad players in Carter and a washed Millsap and the rookies are still raw talent. Sharpe with spacing is a solid player. Kessler played well again. Johnson is a deep bench player and Brown should probably be traded for a shooter. Bembry should be used off bench and to close games defensively.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#128 » by NetsJets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:01 am

I’m watching Jeff Green kill it in Denver coincidentally
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#129 » by HardenGoat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:11 am

Jay555 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

No worries. Kyrie is going to become full time and team will be elite come playoffs. With a little luck we stay healthy. No reason we don’t win it all with that happening.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#130 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Well, I don't like our chances.

don't sleep on the Thunder. Shai Alexander and Josh Giddey are one of the best young backcourts in the league.

im sleeping on them. they are a bad team. you think our roster contruction is bad? they lack everything. Giddey would come off our bench even with guys out.

Dort is the only guy who is trouble on that team.

Shai? yeah no thanks.. he is basically just a healthier levert. An inefficienct chucker who very little positive impact on winning and who is a complete brick layer.

41% FG, 27% from three, 52 TS%

You need to actually start watching games bro.

Going to basketball reference to pull up numbers isn't good research. You need to actually watch guys plays. SGA/Giddey/Dort are going to be an elite trio soon. SGA's efficiency is down but when you look at his career numbers the dude is a killer

Watch games.

No, they wont, not close. and even if they do become good at some point, that some point is FAR from now. SGA isnt a killer. he is a decent player surrounded by awful offensive talent. Even if he was elite talent it shouldn't be tough to gameplan stopping him, which the rest of the league has had no problem doing.

You cant give up 130 points to the worst offense in basketball... especially when you consider we had defense heavy lineups in there. Absolutely pathetic. We did absolutely nothing to take advantage of their lack of scoring prowess, lack of ball handlers, lack of interior/paint threats, lack of pick and roll game. we just played straight up with 0 passion and overreacted to every pass like they were the 2017 warriors.

No doubling to force it into their scrubs hands, no zones, no packing the paint

Everyone is crying "we have not shooters tonight we have no shooters tonight" and saying they are packing it in and swarming harden... Well guess what, they dont have shooters. we could have packed it in and swarmed SGA just the same.

I could have lived with a let down game and a loss. I can not live giving up 130 points to the worst offense in the NBA, at home, while we have defense heavy lineups in there.

Nash needs to go. period. he F'd us last year he is going to F us again this year.

unacceptable loss and i wont hear the nosense excuses.

to me this is worse then the portland loss, by a ton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#131 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not upset about this but Marks has to make a move for a shooter. Our offensive spacing depth is razor thin.

Not an excuse.

They had less active shooting in their lineup tonight then we did. They had the worst offense in the league. they scored 130 on the road against our D heavy lineups.

Dont talk to me about spacing when your defense heavy lineup cant hold the worst offense to under 130.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#132 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:47 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Millsap and Carter needs to be off this roster by the deadline. Wastes of space.

Those guys have given us nothing.

We were down double digits before either played a second.

there are no excuses to get waxed by 20+ and give up 130 to such a bad offense. period.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#133 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:51 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I told Prokorov earlier not to sleep on these OKC kids. Josh Giddey is one of Australia's top prospects

Lou Dort has been balling all year. SGA has been dropping 20 5 5 all year long.

Stop sleeping on the opponents. No KD, no Mills is a LOSS

Yeah no they are trash. they are the worst offense in the NBA. SGA is a good player... I like dort alot. thats not Steph and Klay out there. they are inefficent volume scorers on a team full of brick layers

-0 inside threats
-0 floor spacers
-0 pick and roll threats
-0 post threats
-only 2 ball handlers
-no depth to speak of

This is a game we should have 100% been competitive in, if not won. not get completely waxed and give up 130.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#134 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Nash needs to take Harden out

When you chose to Rest KD and Mills, we were done

Complete nonsense.

you rest guys vs. this team because you still have more talent then them even resting alot of key guys.

I dont want to hear about SGA when we have Harden.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#135 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:59 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Josh Giddey with 14/3/7/1

Prok, you need to actually watch games. Don't stat watch. I told you this was going to happen. You called SGA a healthier LeVert. That's how I knew you really don't watch games bro.

You told me nonsense. Giddey was terrible. I bet any sum of money ive seen twice as many OKC games as you. Ive seen a ton of them. its why im so upset. im up til 3 am most nights and watch these west coast games once i watch the nets DVR games.

Giddey had 18 points on 17 shots. he was 3-11 from three,

HE WAS A -3 IN A GAME THEY WON BY 22.

Giddey is part of the reason we even got it close at one point.

And yes, Shai is just a healthier version of levert. he had a huge game. its embarassing we allowed him to do that. if he is going to score 30 it needs to be on 28 shots. We have seen levert have games better then what SGA had tonight, He isnt a scrub. We did nothing to make anything difficult for him. we spread out like they were the KD/KLAY/Steph warriors. we gave them open lanes and overhelped like they had 5 MJs out there.

Thats a bad team. they lack talent, lack size, lack shooting, and take tons of tons of awful shots. low bbiq, no pick and roll threat, no post or paint threat. they are the easiest team in the league to defend. you can help and double on their few decent players and not get burned by it. they have no bench and you can crush them when they sub. They dont get to the FT line and they dont defend well or get out in transition

This is a game we should have been competitive in. if we lost 102-97 i can accept that. 130 to this terrible offense? Firable offense.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#136 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:00 am

NetsJets wrote:Maybe this game would’ve been a little more competitive with Kyrie.

I doubt it.

Was kyrie going to defnd better then Bembry or Brown?

We lost because we gave up 130 points to the league worst offense.

We scored 108 points. that should have been enough to win by 10.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#137 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:04 am

HardenGoat wrote:KD and Mills may be legitimately sore. Iam just glad Harden didn’t pull something. Cam had a good run. We lost cause we have some really bad players in Carter and a washed Millsap and the rookies are still raw talent. Sharpe with spacing is a solid player. Kessler played well again. Johnson is a deep bench player and Brown should probably be traded for a shooter. Bembry should be used off bench and to close games defensively.

Yeah thats just nonsense. We were down by double digits before Carter or Milsap played a single minute.

Bembry -18
Edwards - 10
Sharpe -17
Harden - 9
Thomas - 11

They were up wire to wire and built a big lead on our starters that they never relinquished. we were awful starters to bench.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#138 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:04 am

NetsJets wrote:I’m watching Jeff Green kill it in Denver coincidentally

He has had a poor season. nothing close to last year
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#139 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:07 am

Proko, I would not worry about this one. We literally had 4 games in 5 nights. I wish Harden did not play.

Read on Twitter
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#140 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:10 am

And there is that. If Ky does not take the shot, we are done.

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets