ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets Vs Thunder Game Thread 8:30 PM EST at the Clays 

Post#141 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:14 am

Jay555 wrote:Proko, I would not worry about this one. We literally had 4 games in 5 nights. I wish Harden did not play.

Read on Twitter

Great.

still no excuse to give up 130 points. especially when we played mostly defenders and guys who barely played the night before. Its not Like Bruce Brown has been playing 40 minutes a night. or the rookies have been killed woth minutes.

Losing, fine. offense terrible? fine.

giving up 130 to the worst offense in basketball? awful. especially in the fashion it happened. Nash did nothing to take advantage of the 9 or 10 glaring flaws they have.

the loss doesnt piss me off as much as the incompetance, lack of game planning, and lack of adjustment.

this is why we wont win a title, even if all big 3 are healthy. we will get in a long series and get drastically outcoached. we wont be spo and a healthy heat team. They are missing all their stars and destorying a healthy suns full squad on the road. we cant stop the school of the blind from dropping 130 on our home floor
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#142 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:14 am

Jay555 wrote:And there is that. If Ky does not take the shot, we are done.

Read on Twitter

The mandate is going away. thats the path for Kyrie
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#143 » by GYK » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:18 am

Roster construction. Non shooters all throughout the team. Stars was always gonna sit. Maybe not this amount of the rotation but nevertheless the defense was never gonna be the strongest(Year2 and only a 3month blimp of great defense, which means coaching is schematically onto something and would be legitimate being ran by the All Defense capable personnel built around it. Also entire time keep shooting percentages down). A night like this we still could’ve won if we had the 3&D perimeter wings and rebounding/screening/rim protector/runners this PnR offensive backcourt team needs. The FO f**led us and blaming stars is their free pass.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#144 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 am

Prokorov wrote:
Jay555 wrote:Proko, I would not worry about this one. We literally had 4 games in 5 nights. I wish Harden did not play.

Read on Twitter

Great.

still no excuse to give up 130 points. especially when we played mostly defenders and guys who barely played the night before. Its not Like Bruce Brown has been playing 40 minutes a night. or the rookies have been killed woth minutes.

giving up 130 to the worst offense in basketball? awful. especially in the fashion it happened. Nash did nothing to take advantage of the 9 or 10 glaring flaws they have.

the loss doesnt piss me off as much as the incompetance, lack of game planning, and lack of adjustment.

this is why we wont win a title, even if all big 3 are healthy. we will get in a long series and get drastically outcoached. we wont be spo and a healthy heat team. They are missing all their stars and destorying a healthy suns full squad on the road. we cant stop the school of the blind from dropping 130 on our home floor

Whatever it is, it is not worth debating. Give yourself a break.

I trust the stats for now. We are just that bad at home as I said..Until that changes, I would not put money on us when we are at home.

Read on Twitter
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#145 » by Fallout_3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:44 am

They always find new ways to disappoint us. This is exhausting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,856

Post#146 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:41 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nash needs to take Harden out

When you chose to Rest KD and Mills, we were done

Complete nonsense.

you rest guys vs. this team because you still have more talent then them even resting alot of key guys.

I dont want to hear about SGA when we have Harden.

We didn't have more talent at all, outside of Harden.

The team decided to March Harden out there with absolutely no shooting. Edwards was off. What did you expect to happen?

You need to come to terms with the fact that this team is very top heavy and lacks depth offensively. Harden can't operate when there's no floor spacing. This roster was not constructed to survive what has happened this year with Kyrie and Harris.

We didn't have KD, Mills, Kyrie, and Harris. You are in denial if you think the likes of Cam, Kessler, Brown and Bembry are better than SGA, Giddey, Dort, etc. I follow the Thunder pretty close enough to know that we were going to get beat without KD and Mills.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#147 » by HardenGoat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
im sleeping on them. they are a bad team. you think our roster contruction is bad? they lack everything. Giddey would come off our bench even with guys out.

Dort is the only guy who is trouble on that team.

Shai? yeah no thanks.. he is basically just a healthier levert. An inefficienct chucker who very little positive impact on winning and who is a complete brick layer.

41% FG, 27% from three, 52 TS%

You need to actually start watching games bro.

Going to basketball reference to pull up numbers isn't good research. You need to actually watch guys plays. SGA/Giddey/Dort are going to be an elite trio soon. SGA's efficiency is down but when you look at his career numbers the dude is a killer

Watch games.

No, they wont, not close. and even if they do become good at some point, that some point is FAR from now. SGA isnt a killer. he is a decent player surrounded by awful offensive talent. Even if he was elite talent it shouldn't be tough to gameplan stopping him, which the rest of the league has had no problem doing.

You cant give up 130 points to the worst offense in basketball... especially when you consider we had defense heavy lineups in there. Absolutely pathetic. We did absolutely nothing to take advantage of their lack of scoring prowess, lack of ball handlers, lack of interior/paint threats, lack of pick and roll game. we just played straight up with 0 passion and overreacted to every pass like they were the 2017 warriors.

No doubling to force it into their scrubs hands, no zones, no packing the paint

Everyone is crying "we have not shooters tonight we have no shooters tonight" and saying they are packing it in and swarming harden... Well guess what, they dont have shooters. we could have packed it in and swarmed SGA just the same.

I could have lived with a let down game and a loss. I can not live giving up 130 points to the worst offense in the NBA, at home, while we have defense heavy lineups in there.

Nash needs to go. period. he F'd us last year he is going to F us again this year.

unacceptable loss and i wont hear the nosense excuses.

to me this is worse then the portland loss, by a ton

They shot 44.4% from 3. We shot 21.9%. They clearly had shooters this game and we didn’t. The defensive lapses was from effort and related to the previous schedule. The paint was packed for Harden because they challenged our non shooters to beat them.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#148 » by NetsWorld » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:45 pm

Hmm..... Harden with a bunch of defensive minded guys but no shooting or spacing; did we really expect to win? If Harris was available and LMA, we would have had a fair shot but Nash wanted to deliberately throw the game away to get the guys ready for this next stretch.26-15, we will make a run and at least finish top 3 seeding.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#149 » by Stone » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:57 pm

Back to square one.

Here is my problem with Nash......I knew this game was over at the end of the second quarter. Why did I believe that? Because Nash is not a good motivator. His demeanor is just too aloof. I don't believe he has the personality to get the guys to give 110%. When we do see our guys going 110% it is because they bring it out of themselves.

I don't think he is a dummy by any means, he knows the game from a players perspective. I am going to use an analogy. Lets say you have two salesman, salesman number 1 knows the product inside out and has been familiar with it for years. Salesman number 2 knows next to nothing about the product, yet he makes way more sales. Why? Because salesman #2 connects with the customer. While salesman #1 with all his knowledge makes the customer feel inferior.

I honestly think he is not 100% comfortable in the head coach role.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:19 pm

GYK wrote:Roster construction. Non shooters all throughout the team. Stars was always gonna sit. Maybe not this amount of the rotation but nevertheless the defense was never gonna be the strongest(Year2 and only a 3month blimp of great defense, which means coaching is schematically onto something and would be legitimate being ran by the All Defense capable personnel built around it. Also entire time keep shooting percentages down). A night like this we still could’ve won if we had the 3&D perimeter wings and rebounding/screening/rim protector/runners this PnR offensive backcourt team needs. The FO f**led us and blaming stars is their free pass.

I dont think we lost this game vs. shooting. I mean, we gave up 130 points. I think we would have lost even if KD had played. Similar to Portland, Clips, just a bad effort with awful coaching and allowing a terrible team to do what they want.

130 points is REALLY bad. I mean consider the bulls game was the best offensive game we had with our Big 3. we scored 138. OKC basically matched that despite being the leagues worst offense.

putrid. Maybe the players punted this game. if they did thats on them and the coaches for not motivating them. you want to rest guys? fine. im all for it. perfect spot to do it. but you still try and maximize your chance to win with who you have out there

130 points allowed to OKC, at home, is just a middle finger to the fans
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#151 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:[

Talent is relative. We werent playing the Bucks. We had Harden, he is better then what they have in SGA

The team decided to March Harden out there with absolutely no shooting. Edwards was off. What did you expect to happen?

They march out absolutely no shooting every night. 30.7, worst in the league. no regulars over league average other then williams/muscala. who are low volume. I was ok with having an ugly offense tonight... but thats not why we lost.

we gave up 130 points to the league worst offense. thats why we lost

You need to come to terms with the fact that this team is very top heavy and lacks depth offensively. Harden can't operate when there's no floor spacing. This roster was not constructed to survive what has happened this year with Kyrie and Harris.

Again, if you are telling me thats why we are 1-8 vs good teams, im fine with that. but thats not an excuse for losing to awful teams decimated by COVID protocols. Portland didnt have any of their stars, we had Kyrie/KD. LAC had none of their good players, we had Harden/KD.

And again, we didnt lose with offense last night. we lost because of defense

We didn't have KD, Mills, Kyrie, and Harris. You are in denial if you think the likes of Cam, Kessler, Brown and Bembry are better than SGA, Giddey, Dort, etc. I follow the Thunder pretty close enough to know that we were going to get beat without KD and Mills.

Harden > SGA --> Not debatable
Dort > Bembry
Giddey > Cam but its not like he is some star. and he played awful.

Robinson-Earl/Muscala are not better/considerably better then Blake/Sharpe

Wiggins is not better/considerable better then Brown/Johnson/Kessler edwards

Jerome is not better/considerable better then duke

Harden can't operate when there's no floor spacing.

Why not? because they pack the paint on him and double him out high?

Well, why didnt we do that to SGA considering they had no floor spacing either?

oh right because our coaches are morons who dont actually try and take advantage of things like that
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:29 pm

KD35Netted wrote:Hmm..... Harden with a bunch of defensive minded guys but no shooting or spacing; did we really expect to win? If Harris was available and LMA, we would have had a fair shot but Nash wanted to deliberately throw the game away to get the guys ready for this next stretch.26-15, we will make a run and at least finish top 3 seeding.

It isnt about just winning. it as about our coaches doing their jobs.

As ive said ad nauseum, i could live with a loss. and i could live with ugly offense.

We should not be giving up 130 points to the leagues worst offense when, as you said we had a "bunch of defensive minded guys" on the floor.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#153 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter

Great.

I'm not going to speculate about their normal sleep schedule. If I had to guess, I would guess that players go to sleep later and wake up later than most of us. That being said, why not spend the night in Chicago & fly home in the morning?
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#154 » by NetsJets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Maybe this game would’ve been a little more competitive with Kyrie.

I doubt it.

Was kyrie going to defnd better then Bembry or Brown?

We lost because we gave up 130 points to the league worst offense.

We scored 108 points. that should have been enough to win by 10.

We didn’t have as much scoring as them. They had SGA, Giddy, and Dort. Our only real consistent scorer was Harden.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#155 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:39 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Maybe this game would’ve been a little more competitive with Kyrie.

I doubt it.

We didn’t have as much scoring as them. They had SGA, Giddy, and Dort. Our only real consistent scorer was Harden.

50 points from your top 3 is pretty bad. we more then that from our top 2 when healthy

also..

SGA - 22.5
Dort - 16.5
Giddy - 11.5

Harden - 22.5
Cam - 15.5 (PER36)
Edwards 12.0 (PER36)

They didnt have much scoring and if you consider our rookies played full games the scoring prowess isnt for off.

And again, talking about offense is missing the point. we let the leagues worst offense score 130
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#156 » by NetsJets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I doubt it.

50 points from your top 3 is pretty bad. we more then that from our top 2 when healthy

also..

SGA - 22.5
Dort - 16.5
Giddy - 11.5

Harden - 22.5
Cam - 15.5 (PER36)
Edwards 12.0 (PER36)

They didnt have much scoring and if you consider our rookies played full games the scoring prowess isnt for off.

And again, talking about offense is missing the point. we let the leagues worst offense score 130

I like how you need per to quantify but that wasn’t needed for Harden. We missed key players without most of them we are essentially a lotto team.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#157 » by Jay555 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nash needs to take Harden out

When you chose to Rest KD and Mills, we were done

Complete nonsense.

you rest guys vs. this team because you still have more talent then them even resting alot of key guys.

I dont want to hear about SGA when we have Harden.

Exactly
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,856

Post#158 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:[

Talent is relative. We werent playing the Bucks. We had Harden, he is better then what they have in SGA

They march out absolutely no shooting every night. 30.7, worst in the league. no regulars over league average other then williams/muscala. who are low volume. I was ok with having an ugly offense tonight... but thats not why we lost.

we gave up 130 points to the league worst offense. thats why we lost

Again, if you are telling me thats why we are 1-8 vs good teams, im fine with that. but thats not an excuse for losing to awful teams decimated by COVID protocols. Portland didnt have any of their stars, we had Kyrie/KD. LAC had none of their good players, we had Harden/KD.

And again, we didnt lose with offense last night. we lost because of defense

Harden > SGA --> Not debatable
Dort > Bembry
Giddey > Cam but its not like he is some star. and he played awful.

Robinson-Earl/Muscala are not better/considerably better then Blake/Sharpe

Wiggins is not better/considerable better then Brown/Johnson/Kessler edwards

Jerome is not better/considerable better then duke

Harden can't operate when there's no floor spacing.

Why not? because they pack the paint on him and double him out high?

Well, why didnt we do that to SGA considering they had no floor spacing either?

oh right because our coaches are morons who dont actually try and take advantage of things like that

And your last point pretty much sums up why I knew we would lose: The team isn't good enough without the guys we were missing to overcome Nash.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#159 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:We didn’t have as much scoring as them. They had SGA, Giddy, and Dort. Our only real consistent scorer was Harden.

also..

SGA - 22.5
Dort - 16.5
Giddy - 11.5

Harden - 22.5
Cam - 15.5 (PER36)
Edwards 12.0 (PER36)

I like how you need per to quantify but that wasn’t needed for Harden. We missed key players without most of them we are essentially a lotto team.

Edwards/Cam dont play 15 mpg. but in a game like this they would obviously play 25-30+

if you want to normalize it by doing .75 X PER36 or whataver thats fine.

again the focus is way off. their offense is as bad as it gets and they dropped 130 on us
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#160 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
And your last point pretty much sums up why I knew we would lose: The team isn't good enough without the guys we were missing to overcome Nash.

Which was the source of my frustration to begin with. not the loss... but how it happened and the continued major red flag with coaching.

Miami has one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the league and oladip coming back.

Bam --> dog/all-nba
Butler --> dog/all-nba
PJ tucker -->Dog/makes kd work for 40 minutes
Oladipo --> half of what he was but a dog
Lowry --< dog/all-star

Herro --> plays with balls
Robinson --> sniper

They are a team of hard working 2-way guys who shoot and back down from no one. in a 7 game series the massive coaching advantage could very well overcome the talent disparity

only hope is to avoid them til the ECF and hope milwaukee, chicacgo, or philly knocks them off

Return to Brooklyn Nets