ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers @ Nets - 1/25 730pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Re: Lakers @ Nets - 1/25 730pm EST 

Post#141 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:34 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Forget what the media has said just listen to Kyries explanation. He is more than just a basketball player. Why should he do something he doesn’t want to do in the interest of winning more basketball games?

So why doesn't he just retire? Quit the game stop creating drama within your own team. Lot of people keep hating on Kyrie for his stance. I respect him standing up for his own beliefs. However that does not exempt him from criticism. This is 100% creating problems within the team and Kyrie knows this, he isn't stupid. If he isn't interested in winning basketball games then quit?

If he's this torn between who he wants to be and what the public perceives him as then maybe he needs to walk away from the sport all together. Start a podcast or something.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#142 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:51 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Forget what the media has said just listen to Kyries explanation. He is more than just a basketball player. Why should he do something he doesn’t want to do in the interest of winning more basketball games?

So why doesn't he just retire? Quit the game stop creating drama within your own team. Lot of people keep hating on Kyrie for his stance. I respect him standing up for his own beliefs. However that does not exempt him from criticism. This is 100% creating problems within the team and Kyrie knows this, he isn't stupid. If he isn't interested in winning basketball games then quit?

If he's this torn between who he wants to be and what the public perceives him as then maybe he needs to walk away from the sport all together. Start a podcast or something.

You answered your own question by asking it :lol:

Kyrie ain't no smart intelligence by any means. Opposite is true if we going to be frank. Platform and money, he being manipulated without understanding it.

I'm not a psychologist, but if you look at his comments and actions. He is narcistic Dunnigan Kruger syndrome/effects.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#143 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:I mean, what would the world come to if people put aside their egos, followed god, lives a life of Charity without publicity...

GTFO

Yes, what would the world come to if Kyrie decided to get vaccinated, and putting others before himself like millions of us have in order to protect our loved ones?

That's why him tweeting out putting the ego aside is hilarious. Dude doesn't have a shred of self awareness. He's a clown.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#144 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:01 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Kyrie ain't no smart intelligence by any means. Opposite is true if we going to be frank. Platform and money, he being manipulated without understanding it.

I'm not a psychologist, but if you look at his comments and actions. He is narcistic Dunnigan Kruger syndrome/effects.

But Kyrie isn't stupid enough to not realize this is hurting his team. If he truly wants to be seen more than a basketball player. To me the decision to retire is an easy choice to make. It's not like he's lacking financially he's worth almost 100M.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 860

Post#145 » by Jay555 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

But Kyrie isn't stupid enough to not realize this is hurting his team more than it's helping.

I doubt he’s smart enough to realize it. He may just be dumb to be frank. He’s living in his own world. There is a reason he keeps sabotaging his own team for whatever reasons. It’s always him that causes troubles not the others. Clear as day.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#146 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:29 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

But Kyrie isn't stupid enough to not realize this is hurting his team. If he truly wants to be seen more than a basketball player. To me the decision to retire is an easy choice to make. It's not like he's lacking financially he's worth almost 100M.

Doing it again man.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#147 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Jay555 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

But Kyrie isn't stupid enough to not realize this is hurting his team more than it's helping.

I doubt he’s smart enough to realize it. He may just be dumb to be frank. He’s living in his own world. There is a reason he keeps sabotaging his own team for whatever reasons. It’s always him that causes troubles not the others. Clear as day.

Only person this far that was able to handle Kyrie was LBJ. Remember reports when we were told that Ty Lue and bus of players been waiting for them? LBJ was at the gym talking to Kyrie?

Look at the track records.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#148 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:36 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Doing it again man.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well damn seems like Kyrie has burnt whatever bridge he had with you guys.
Raul
GTR11
RealGM

Post#149 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Doing it again man.

We had a hope that him being home and friendly environment can fix things. We been proven wrong :banghead:

I still have hope Harden stays for several reasons. It's just not looking good right now.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#150 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Imagine the NBA if guys retired instead of creating drama within the team. Drama happens ALL the time.

I've been criticizing Kyrie more than anyone but it's not like he's acting like Aaron Rodgers. Crying about the criticism. Lying to the league / media. Publicly floating out crazy conspiracy theories. He's accepted the punishment for not getting vaccinated. Whether it's not being allowed around the team or not being able to play home games. He was on his own for most of the season and stayed ready to play.

At this point, it's really on the team to be like 'this is unacceptable, we're going to trade you or make you sit the whole year'.
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#151 » by Jay555 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:44 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Imagine the NBA if guys retired instead of creating drama within the team. Drama happens ALL the time.

I've been criticizing Kyrie more than anyone but it's not like he's acting like Aaron Rodgers. Crying about the criticism. Lying to the league / media. Publicly floating out crazy conspiracy theories. He's accepted the punishment for not getting vaccinated. Whether it's not being allowed around the team or not being able to play home games. He was on his own for most of the season and stayed ready to play.

At this point, it's really on the team to be like 'this is unacceptable, we're going to trade you or make you sit the whole year'.

I believe Marks has more or less explored the market for Kyrie but the return is not great due to his shrinking trade value. Or maybe there is not any taker at all due to Kai’s reputation of being a locker room cancer. So we could be down to only one option - let him play part time or sit the whole year.

Let him play part time at least helps alleviate some burdens off Harden and KD and make us relevant in the playoffs. If they let him sit the whole year, it’s likely we are worse which would lead to a Harden exit.

Tbh I think either option could lead to a Harden exit. It’s unfortunate that we are in this situation with Kyrie. We can’t trade him nor can we afford to sit him.

This upcoming trade deadline might be the most important one in Marks’ career. I hope he takes risks and makes some moves that would benefit us in the playoffs when Kai is not available. I would not mind a Covington trade if it means we lose Joe etc. I would not count on mandate being lifted as that’s based on luck and we are the worst when it comes to luck.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#152 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:11 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

I know you on point with Kyrie and his actions. Get real man, TRADE? KD?

H clearly ain't going back to Boston.

6's Not on Morey watch.

Dolan? I wish, I'll send KD along. That's Melo 2.3 4 point 0 right there. We will get assets and still be attracting destination. We get Ben and get to keep Kess, Cam and C along sign me up.

We in a deep crap. It ain't going anywhere either. KD and Kyrie don't want to leave. It's the other issues that come with them is a problem. If not for pandemic, we Dynasty no matter who coaches.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#153 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:24 pm

No Harden tonight either.

Its looking like were going to lose the next 3 or 4 games. And fall down to 5 or 6 in the East.

Then it will really be panic time. MAYBE Marks will finally fire Nash. I doubt it though.

With all these injuries we shouldn't be beating PHX/GSW/DEN.

But we had so many easy game that we blew earlier in the season. Thats where it hurts.
Jay555
Sixth Man

Post#154 » by Jay555 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:34 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:No Harden tonight either.

Its looking like were going to lose the next 3 or 4 games. And fall down to 5 or 6 in the East.

Then it will really be panic time. MAYBE Marks will finally fire Nash. I doubt it though.

But we had so many easy game that we blew earlier in the season. Thats where it hurts.

I think he's gonna play for a couple of quarters and see how we go. If we are down big, he will get pulled early.

Either way, I am fine with resting Harden this game. This is a scheduled loss anyways.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#155 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:45 pm

Claxton is out. Harden is still questionable. This is an understandable throwaway game. It gets me more annoyed with the OKC throwaway. You can't rest most players and give away games you should win easily.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#156 » by gigantes » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:51 pm

Holy BeZezylbomp,
Some of the best posters here are saying of the stoopid-ist sh-it I've ever read.

No, Proky-- that's NOT what "pandemic" and "endemic" mean, you hugely self-confident nitwit.

No-- James Harden is having one of his worst seasons ever by most advanced stats, and it's an absurdly facile task to look that up. Now yeah, is a good chunk of that explained by this season's circumstances? Of course it is! But let's not keep hand-waving the issue away, okay?'

No-- Sean Marks does NOT deserve to be fired. He took the Nets from Hot Garbage all the way to a super-fun team with zero assets in the bank before the big signing / big trade. It outright astonishes me that some of you need to be reminded just how much the guy transformed the team, but here we are?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#157 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:14 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Doing it again man.

He burned that bridge to the ground.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#158 » by HardenGoat » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:15 am

It just comes down to luck right now. Either the mandate is lifted or Kyrie realizes what a mistake he is making. I say that because the chemistry won’t get fixed until either of those two things happen. Coach won’t matter nor will adding new players change it enough if we have a half time star on board.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#159 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:56 am

gigantes wrote:Holy BeZezylbomp,
Some of the best posters here are saying of the stoopid-ist sh-it I've ever read.

No, Proky-- that's NOT what "pandemic" and "endemic" mean, you hugely self-confident nitwit.

No-- James Harden is having one of his worst seasons ever by most advanced stats, and it's an absurdly facile task to look that up. Now yeah, is a good chunk of that explained by this season's circumstances? Of course it is! But let's not keep hand-waving the issue away, okay?'

No-- Sean Marks does NOT deserve to be fired. He took the Nets from Hot Garbage all the way to a super-fun team with zero assets in the bank before the big signing / big trade. It outright astonishes me that some of you need to be reminded just how much the guy transformed the team, but here we are?

My question as well. Is Harden a product of a system? Not thats a bad thing, MJ and Kobe couldn't win without triangle and it's spacing etc etc.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#160 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:46 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:No Harden tonight either.

I dont think its panic time at all. We have a really light schedule the 12 games to end the season and a lot of bad teams sprinkled in between now and then. Marks hopefully adds something to help while we wait for KD to come back. Even if its just something like Denver getting Forbes.

As much as id want it, Nash wont be fired. thats his boy and too many built in easy excuses to sell to Tsai.

Meanwhile, Harden and Nash laughing at reports there are any internal issue and then Woj drops this Woj Bomb exploding it in the haters faces

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets