ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Deadline Thread: Ends 2.10 @ 3 PM EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread: Ends 2.10 @ 3 PM EST 

Post#281 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:51 pm

IF Marks makes zero moves (not counting the Harden trade) I will be super disappointed. This team is not balanced and changes need to be made to acquire more shooting. Team has limited assets but Marks has to scour the entire league to try to find a deal on the edges.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#282 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:If the mandate doesn't lift we are toast anyways. An unfocussed Harden going into the playoffs with Kyrie showing up on the road games is not going to go anywhere. If I were Durant I would have put Kyrie on the chopping block a month ago and let him make his decision.

The vaccine mandate will never be lifted. Only the mask mandate. Lifting the vaccine mandate is a slap to their faces of millions of NYers who begrudgingly took the shot. The Nets cannot commit long term to Irving if he doesn't get vaccinated.

Of course it will be lifted. just a matter of when.

"when" can be too late... there's no hope for Nash to coach a team to win games without Durant.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#283 » by GTR11 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:54 pm

That TPE worth 11 mil will expire soon. Can't believe Marks didn't make move yet.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#284 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:56 pm

The Bucks traded for Ibaka... so the option to get him via buyout is gone. I'm not too bummed, he lost a step. we still could have used his shot blocking.

Big 4 team trade with clippers, pistons, kings. still trying to sort out who went where. but bucks gave up Hood,Divincenzo, Kings gave up bagley...

Read on Twitter

How will the bucks survive without Dante DiVincenzo? bucks fans told us he was equal to Kyrie + Harden
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official Trade Deadline Thread: Ends 2.10 @ 3 PM EST 

Post#285 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:07 pm

Man, this has been the most stressful trade deadline in so many years.

Thybulle or Maxey is the real key conversational piece here to push the value. If not, better give up 2 1sts.

Curry, Simmons, Drummond should be the main requirements.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#286 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:07 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
LOUiS-D wrote:Can you imagine if we trade for Simmons and he needs to sit out idefinitely for mental health issues and the mandates don't lift. That would be the cherry on the turd sundae.

Simmons is vaccinated

He just got vaxxed about a week ago. Fully vaxxed by the NYC defnition is 2 weeks after the final dose. Hopefully he got J&J. Otherwise, he'll be out for another month.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#287 » by HardenGoat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:07 pm

3 hours left...
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,884

Post#288 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I've thought about it more.

I'm just not doing it if I'm Marks.

As long as we get Harden back by the playoffs. And the mandate may be repealed. You have to take that chance.

Trading for Simmons with part time Kyrie ruins any chance we have to win this year.

I still fully believe we get Simmons if we wait for the off season. Philly has no other way of realistically getting cap space.

Worst case scenario is Philly finds a way to magically create the cap space. And then were left with what?

KD/Kyrie/Harris. Can resign Claxton. Bring in some new players. Its not the end of the world.

I would probably take us in a series over Philly with KD/Kyrie over Embiid/Harden anyway.

But Ben Simmons is not a deal breaker for me. And I'm not totally sold hes the right fit.

This is the best Nets team we will ever get. Go down swinging.

If the Nets win a title Harden will not leave. Mark my words.

Harden doesn't want to be here. Do you want this situation to become even more toxic than it already is?

I don't care.

The situation is supposed to be ponies and roses once we get a headcase like Ben Simmons?

This season is a mess no matter what.

Talent matters. Once Harden is in the playoffs and has Kevin Durant he will be locked in. Even hes not that stupid.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#289 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Yep. I would want out too knowing that Nash is going to play him 40 mins in these home games while Kyrie is at home chilling.

All of this boils down to Kyrie. All of it.

How can you defend quitting on the team?

Who cares if Harden has to carry the load for another week for just home games?

He has **** Kevin Durant.

You think Embiid is the epitome of health? What happens when he gets injured and Harden is stuck carrying the Sixers?

Does he demand a trade somewhere else?

Because Kyrie is basically hanging Harden out to dry when he has to carry this crap roster by himself during home games.

And when we lose because Harden gets swarmed by multiple defenders because he's out there with Brown, Bembry and some rookies, you'll be one of the first people on here calling him a piece of sh*t.

Harden has barely had to play any home games without KD.

And hes skipped the recent ones.

Playing a few games for a former MVP is not the end of the world.

I can't believe you would justify his disgusting behavior. Hes quitting on us after we gave up the farm for him.

We all knew Kyrie couldn't be relied upon. Thats part of why we traded for him.

He still had KD and now hes throwing a fit cause of injury? Ridiculous. You have Durant in 10 days. Shut up and play.
Evalar
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#290 » by Evalar » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:12 pm

HardenGoat wrote:3 hours left...

You must have read my mind, I'm in the UK and was just going to ask to check i'd worked it out properly :D
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#291 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:If the mandate doesn't lift we are toast anyways. An unfocussed Harden going into the playoffs with Kyrie showing up on the road games is not going to go anywhere. If I were Durant I would have put Kyrie on the chopping block a month ago and let him make his decision.

The vaccine mandate will never be lifted. Only the mask mandate. Lifting the vaccine mandate is a slap to their faces of millions of NYers who begrudgingly took the shot. The Nets cannot commit long term to Irving if he doesn't get vaccinated.

Of course it will be lifted. just a matter of when.

Well no one here is a government official so no one knows that. There could be another variant just around the corner. What we do know is that KD is 34. Time is not on his side. He pretty much has about 2 years left of being a number one option. We also know that Kyrie is a FA next season. If the mandate is not lifted by then, are you going to commit big money to a part time, injury prone maniac, who will not be good enough, and healthy enough to carry the team next to a 35 year old KD? At that point, you might as well let Irving walk because you are not a contending team.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#292 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:17 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Harden, it has to be done. While I agree and understand the now Kawai leonard approach in using him as rental for the year. I get it and for it if it means hes out in the summer. However, he cannot come back into that lockerroom after all this noise and burning bridges with top players and fanbase. There's no going back from it, get a deal done.

Simmons, Curry n 1st with Thybulle rerouting to elsewhere for that team's player preferably shooter/scorer.

I just don't understand this point of view.

The locker room is **** either way. How will Simmons make it better? The guy is a nut job.

Golden State in 2019 was also a lockeroom disaster. We have seen talent succeed regardless of the circumstances.

Do you guys really think Harden is that mad that he will refuse to play for the Nets anymore?

In my view there is 0 chance the Nets win anything with part time Kyrie, Simmons and KD having to do everything.

This is our shot. We can always reset in the off season in a way that makes more sense.

Get Simmons. Fire Nash. Retool around a full time Kyrie and KD.

Doing it now makes little to no sense.
Paradise

Post#293 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:20 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I've thought about it more.

I'm just not doing it if I'm Marks.

As long as we get Harden back by the playoffs. And the mandate may be repealed. You have to take that chance.

Trading for Simmons with part time Kyrie ruins any chance we have to win this year.

I still fully believe we get Simmons if we wait for the off season. Philly has no other way of realistically getting cap space.

Worst case scenario is Philly finds a way to magically create the cap space. And then were left with what?

KD/Kyrie/Harris. Can resign Claxton. Bring in some new players. Its not the end of the world.

I would probably take us in a series over Philly with KD/Kyrie over Embiid/Harden anyway.

But Ben Simmons is not a deal breaker for me. And I'm not totally sold hes the right fit.

This is the best Nets team we will ever get. Go down swinging.

If the Nets win a title Harden will not leave. Mark my words.

Harden doesn't want to be here. Do you want this situation to become even more toxic than it already is?

I don't care.

The situation is supposed to be ponies and roses once we get a headcase like Ben Simmons?

This season is a mess no matter what.

Talent matters. Once Harden is in the playoffs and has Kevin Durant he will be locked in. Even hes not that stupid.

I’m pretty sure KD will help guide and get the best out of Ben Simmons. Getting Thybulle or Maxey will be huge because we can put Edwards right there for length on D.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#294 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:20 pm

How the **** are we not on the list?

Get on the phone and **** get this guy.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=7oXMMvyWA7dQ7lOnDTxqhA
Paradise

Post#295 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:20 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:How the **** are we not on the list?

Read on Twitter

Too much drama?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#296 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=bdaFPnYqHdg8Ug3Zf2Onbw

Marks is such a failure. How do we not get Ibaka when this was the price?
Evalar
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#297 » by Evalar » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:23 pm

I can't decide if this is the quiet before the storm or if we really aren't going to do anything.
Paradise

Post#298 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:How the **** are we not on the list?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#299 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:28 pm

Evalar wrote:I can't decide if this is the quiet before the storm or if we really aren't going to do anything.

Oh we will do something even if it isn’t harden. Some new life has to come in here.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#300 » by HardenGoat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:31 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Harden, it has to be done. While I agree and understand the now Kawai leonard approach in using him as rental for the year. I get it and for it if it means hes out in the summer. However, he cannot come back into that lockerroom after all this noise and burning bridges with top players and fanbase. There's no going back from it, get a deal done.

Simmons, Curry n 1st with Thybulle rerouting to elsewhere for that team's player preferably shooter/scorer.

I just don't understand this point of view.

The locker room is **** either way. How will Simmons make it better? The guy is a nut job.

Golden State in 2019 was also a lockeroom disaster. We have seen talent succeed regardless of the circumstances.

Do you guys really think Harden is that mad that he will refuse to play for the Nets anymore?

In my view there is 0 chance the Nets win anything with part time Kyrie, Simmons and KD having to do everything.

This is our shot. We can always reset in the off season in a way that makes more sense.

Get Simmons. Fire Nash. Retool around a full time Kyrie and KD.

Doing it now makes little to no sense.

The problem is if you keep him and the situation stays toxic there is no way to win it all anyways or a very slim chance at that. Then you lose him and get back less, possibly even lose him for nothing. It also makes it more difficult to get another star to commit soon especially with the way Kyrie is being handled. If you at least have an all NBA defensive player that's 25 years old and he shows he can still play you have a flippable asset and the salary to get another star player to come if Simmons isn't the fit. You are taking a risk keeping him possibly a really big risk if he is going to torpedo the year because of it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets