Pre-ASB Record 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:16 am

Here's the deal:

-- Kevin is out at least through the All Star break;
-- Kyrie is unwilling to play in the next 3 games;
-- Joe is out indefinitely;
-- Seth Curry and Andre Drummond *should make their Nets debut tonight;
-- Ben Simmons is still ramping up to game action;
-- LaMarcus Aldridge and Nic Claxton are off the injury report, and are available;

Our next 3 games before the ASB are hosting the Kings, at Knicks and hosting the Wizards. These are 3 of the 10 worst teams in the league. We are currently 29-27, and owners of the NBA's longest losing streak of the season at 12.

What is your best guess at our W-L record before the break, and why?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Re: Pre-ASB Record 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:33 pm

29-30. Who in the hell are we beating at this point without KD and Kyrie?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#3 » by Shark » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm

I think we win one of those 3 games. Just wishful thinking on my part. If anything perhaps we win tonight behind the energy of getting some guys back and the debut of the new guys.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#4 » by Stone » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:29 pm

I believe we will win two of the last three before all-star break.

We just played both the Kings and the Wizards so we know what to expect. IF...Nash can make the proper adjustments we should win both games.

The Knicks game is the one we most want to win, but it is an away game and I don't have high hopes.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#5 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:29 pm

Steve Trash coaching?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#6 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:35 pm

Stone wrote:I believe we will win two of the last three before all-star break.

We just played both the Kings and the Wizards so we know what to expect. IF...Nash can make the proper adjustments we should win both games.

The Knicks game is the one we most want to win, but it is an away game and I don't have high hopes.

:lol:

After Kenny and D'Antoni last year some really forgot how bad coach can derail things, Steve Trash taking it to another level though.

Don't share your optimism here. We got spanked by two of them teams with Kyrie. When the last time we won at home?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:44 pm

I think we win tonight... guys traded always have extra pep in their step the first couple games with a new team. Drummond should help us not get bullied by sabonis. Haliburton is gone and so is any fear i have of the kings.

I expect a win.

Simmons getting on the court would be helpful. any timeline on that?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#8 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:I think we win tonight... guys traded always have extra pep in their step the first couple games with a new team. Drummond should help us not get bullied by sabonis. Haliburton is gone and so is any fear i have of the kings.

I expect a win.

Simmons getting on the court would be helpful. any timeline on that?

Post ASB for certain, multiple beat writers have confirmed.

I can't remember who, someone tweeted that the team has earmarked 2/24 against Boston for Ben's debut (they're not going to go public about it until after the ASG, probably). That's the very first game after the break.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#9 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:53 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Stone wrote:I believe we will win two of the last three before all-star break.

:lol:

After Kenny and D'Antoni last year some really forgot how bad coach can derail things, Steve Trash taking it to another level though.

Don't share your optimism here. We got spanked by two of them teams with Kyrie. When the last time we won at home?

I don't mean to be hyperbolic or subjective, but really, we're in uncharted waters as far as coaching ineptitude, no?

I don't think you can forget something you've never known, and as far as I can recall, the NBA has not seen a coach this incompetent in his role. Certainly, there have been worse NBA head coaches who have managed terrible teams; those pairings seem to occur organically. But for would-be (many say should-be) contenders, I can't think of a basketball coach in my lifetime who takes more off the table. It's unprecedented.

I'm really not a coach's fault dude, and I like to think I have a pretty extensive knowledge of the past 30 years in the league, not just the Nets, but overall. Nash is very bad at his job, like if he didn't make $80mil in his playing career I would swear he's on the take.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#10 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:56 pm

Addendum: the closest comparison I can think of is David Blatt. He was pretty bad toward the end of his short Cleveland tenure, but even that was light years ahead of the piss poor strategy we've seen from Nash's charges. You can blame players up to a point for going off course, but it is clear that Steve isn't even giving them a road map.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets