ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New Look Nets @ Manhattan Knicks - Weds, Feb 16th | 7:30pm EST | ESPN & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: New Look Nets @ Manhattan Knicks - Weds, Feb 16th | 7:30pm EST | ESPN & YES 

Post#241 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:29 am

therealbig3 wrote:As I MUST say every time people write us off and crucify Nash for everything whenever we go down big but then make a big comeback to steal the game later...what do we think about Nash now? Does he get zero credit for erasing a 28 point lead with a severely depleted roster? Or only the blame for going down 28 in the first place?[/b]

This was one of Nash's worst coached games of the year. from lineups, to timeout usage, to lack of adjustments, to calling an INSANE timeout when we were on an 11-2 run that immediately halted our momentum, to NOT switching in the last 2 minutes giving them open threes to keep it close, to not challenging a couple awful calls.

Yeah at Best this was a D effort for nash
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: GT: New Look Nets @ Manhattan Knicks - Weds, Feb 16th | 7:30pm EST | ESPN & YES 

Post#242 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Lmao KD is a Nets legend

Read on Twitter

Yep. Finally.

Not the first time.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#243 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:51 am

Was at this game tonight... Bday gift from the wife. great seats. My first in person game of the year. One of the best games i've ever been too. props to my wife and sister for not wanting to leave when we were down huge. My thoughts...

1) Legit chants of Broooklllyyynnnn, Broooooklyynnn in the 4th once we made it 1 possession. Like that was shocking. I expect the Knicks to take over Barclays but a brooklyn chant in MSG is unheard of. Not sure what it sounded like on TV but it sounded loud AF from where we sat and the players were into it. Knicks came back with the D-Fense chant but for a moment, it was BK chants and it was glorious.

2) COLD BLOODED. That step back from Cam was an absolute dagger. My sister was like why is he taking that but I low-key love that shot even if he bricks it. takes the clock under 8 seconds and a miss is a long rebound. Up 3, thats not an awful scenario. Cam had a couple earlier moments where he didnt seem to have great awareness for the situaiton (YOLO deep three after we cut it to three) but he will learn. He was enormous tonight. hit multiple huge shots and solid on defense

3) Early Returns on Curry are fantastic. I know its only 2 games but his game is aesthetically beautiful. Always under control, fundamental, high IQ, plays within himself and hit big shot after big shot tonight. Not just a catch and shoot guy.

I listened to the "all the smoke podcast" they had curry on before the trade. before he came on Barnes kept referring to Curry as a 2-way player and I was like "huh?" but watching him play he really gets into guys on that end too. Not great size, but quick, smart, and plays tough. His game has come a long way. Huge get in the Harden trade.

4) I think i'll always be guarded and kind of skeptical on Drummond... mainly his ability to play a role and not do too much. but he also has obviously looked great. My father in law has been in my ear since the trade, telling me drummond has never had a good fit in his NBA career and hasnt played his best ball yet. Hopefully he is right. Reboudning doesnt matter much at all in todays league... but sometimes when you have a super elite talent in a league that doesnt value something you can gain an edge, maybe thats going to be the case with drummond the way mid range with aldridge does the same (league doesnt value mid range, he gains an edge since he is automatic and they concede the shot to him). At the very least, not getting bullied is a nice change

5) Still no ill-will to Harden but its not a great look for him that we are 2-0 since the trade was official and have played like bulldogs since the deal was announced. I'm not going to blame everything in that losing streak on Harden, but cleary the team is feeling better about life in his absence. maybe its a correlation does not equal causation thing... but again, not a great look.

6) I know we have an abundance of bigs and are short handed but can we ditch Blake at the 4 permanently? I'm fine trying to work some minutes in for him at center but we get destroyed anytime we go "big" with him at PF. Meanwhile, Edwards was rotting on the bench. Maybe its a marks issue and not a nash one but like... please stop that.

7) I lost my voice at the end screaming to switch at the end of the game. We are we switching 1-3 pick and rolls in a 1 possession game with under 90 seconds to play? We just gave quickley and fournier open look from 3 after open look from three. are you worried about a switch in a 1-3 pick and roll? why? worried about fournier posting up mills? quickley beating brown off the dribble? This staff needs to get their act together. These small details matter. And these are clear cut easy decisions

8) James Johnson had some facepalm moments and YOLO type players but overall dude grinded this game on both ends. box score not great but his fingerprints were all over this comeback. was actually suprised he didnt have more assists, live it seemed like he had a ton. He was this teams leader tonight.

9) I still dont know what a clear path foul is. like i dont get it. The blake one seemed clear.

A win tomorrow and we go into the break looking and feeling really good. Back to back but its at home. Drummond vs them with no bigs should help.

Lets gooooo!
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#244 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:55 am

Also have to point out just how great Bruce Brown has played in the last few games since the Harden trade. He has been an absolute DOG defensively, he's been pestering guards and matching up on bigger wings. Plus offensively he's really benefited from the improved PACE of the offense. The pace allows him to properly attack in trasiniton, handle the ball a bit and opens up cutting lanes, allowing him to finish at the rim.

Brown has hinted at it with his words that Harden was affecting the team and his play in particular and that the vibes are better with him gone but his play has truly shown that this is true.

Heck, even Seth Curry saying the same things and he wasn't even here for it :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#245 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Also have to point out just how great Bruce Brown has played in the last few games since the Harden trade. He has been an absolute DOG defensively, he's been pestering guards and matching up on bigger wings. Plus offensively he's really benefited from the improved PACE of the offense. The pace allows him to properly attack in trasiniton, handle the ball a bit and opens up cutting lanes, allowing him to finish at the rim.

Brown has hinted at it with his words that Harden was affecting the team and his play in particular and that the vibes are better with him gone but his play has truly shown that this is true.

Heck, even Seth Curry saying the same things and he wasn't even here for it :lol:

It certainly doesnt hurt that we are no longer narrowly avoiding 8 second violations every time up court
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#246 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:31 am

watching it on DVR now.... Mike Breen is the worst.... ball washing, over reacting wanna-be who stole his catch phrase from Patrick and Olberman.

worst in the sport.

Ian should be doing those broadcasts.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#247 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:As I MUST say every time people write us off and crucify Nash for everything whenever we go down big but then make a big comeback to steal the game later...what do we think about Nash now? Does he get zero credit for erasing a 28 point lead with a severely depleted roster? Or only the blame for going down 28 in the first place?

I mean, how many head coaches trust a rookie's hot hand in crunch time, over a proven vet like Curry? Want to talk about adjustments, how about recognizing how the Knicks were defending Cam Thomas on the high PnR, keeping Aldridge in the game so that we have another great shooter that Cam could get the ball to in case he got trapped, and then just spamming that play over and over again in the 4th so that either Cam or Aldridge could make a big bucket, since the Knicks couldn't stop it to save their lives? How about trusting Aldridge so much when Drummond had given us such a big spark in the 3rd quarter, and it turning out to be the right call?

But nah, everything bad is his fault, everything good has nothing to do with him. At least that's the narrative the board runs with every single game.

Thibs gave the game away by sitting Quickly in the 4th quarter. Had he sat down Randle and Founier, the Nets lose by double digits easy. Nash had nothing to do with this win

Bruh what team do you root for? You smell like an opp

He is a troll. he openly roots against us in the GB gameday threads.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#248 » by NetsJets » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:02 am

Great comeback win. Cam took over and carried us hitting mid range after mid range shots. Curry and Drummond both played well although I’m surprised Nash never put Drummond back in the game. Bruce provided great defense and hustle. James Johnson was solid defensively even made a few nice shots. Aldridge played well off the bench. All in all a nice win that’s now 2 straight.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#249 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:45 am

Prokorov wrote:Was at this game tonight... Bday gift from the wife. great seats. My first in person game of the year. One of the best games i've ever been too. props to my wife and sister for not wanting to leave when we were down huge. My thoughts...

1) Legit chants of Broooklllyyynnnn, Broooooklyynnn in the 4th once we made it 1 possession. Like that was shocking. I expect the Knicks to take over Barclays but a brooklyn chant in MSG is unheard of. Not sure what it sounded like on TV but it sounded loud AF from where we sat and the players were into it. Knicks came back with the D-Fense chant but for a moment, it was BK chants and it was glorious.

2) COLD BLOODED. That step back from Cam was an absolute dagger. My sister was like why is he taking that but I low-key love that shot even if he bricks it. takes the clock under 8 seconds and a miss is a long rebound. Up 3, thats not an awful scenario. Cam had a couple earlier moments where he didnt seem to have great awareness for the situaiton (YOLO deep three after we cut it to three) but he will learn. He was enormous tonight. hit multiple huge shots and solid on defense

3) Early Returns on Curry are fantastic. I know its only 2 games but his game is aesthetically beautiful. Always under control, fundamental, high IQ, plays within himself and hit big shot after big shot tonight. Not just a catch and shoot guy.

I listened to the "all the smoke podcast" they had curry on before the trade. before he came on Barnes kept referring to Curry as a 2-way player and I was like "huh?" but watching him play he really gets into guys on that end too. Not great size, but quick, smart, and plays tough. His game has come a long way. Huge get in the Harden trade.

4) I think i'll always be guarded and kind of skeptical on Drummond... mainly his ability to play a role and not do too much. but he also has obviously looked great. My father in law has been in my ear since the trade, telling me drummond has never had a good fit in his NBA career and hasnt played his best ball yet. Hopefully he is right. Reboudning doesnt matter much at all in todays league... but sometimes when you have a super elite talent in a league that doesnt value something you can gain an edge, maybe thats going to be the case with drummond the way mid range with aldridge does the same (league doesnt value mid range, he gains an edge since he is automatic and they concede the shot to him). At the very least, not getting bullied is a nice change

5) Still no ill-will to Harden but its not a great look for him that we are 2-0 since the trade was official and have played like bulldogs since the deal was announced. I'm not going to blame everything in that losing streak on Harden, but cleary the team is feeling better about life in his absence. maybe its a correlation does not equal causation thing... but again, not a great look.

6) I know we have an abundance of bigs and are short handed but can we ditch Blake at the 4 permanently? I'm fine trying to work some minutes in for him at center but we get destroyed anytime we go "big" with him at PF. Meanwhile, Edwards was rotting on the bench. Maybe its a marks issue and not a nash one but like... please stop that.

7) I lost my voice at the end screaming to switch at the end of the game. We are we switching 1-3 pick and rolls in a 1 possession game with under 90 seconds to play? We just gave quickley and fournier open look from 3 after open look from three. are you worried about a switch in a 1-3 pick and roll? why? worried about fournier posting up mills? quickley beating brown off the dribble? This staff needs to get their act together. These small details matter. And these are clear cut easy decisions

8) James Johnson had some facepalm moments and YOLO type players but overall dude grinded this game on both ends. box score not great but his fingerprints were all over this comeback. was actually suprised he didnt have more assists, live it seemed like he had a ton. He was this teams leader tonight.

9) I still dont know what a clear path foul is. like i dont get it. The blake one seemed clear.

A win tomorrow and we go into the break looking and feeling really good. Back to back but its at home. Drummond vs them with no bigs should help.

Lets gooooo!

You got a real one, bro. I'm glad she got you tickets, and convinced you to stay through a rough 1st half. And what a great present, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#250 » by Fallout_3 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:03 am

Bing bong I suppose.

I love Cam.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#251 » by Lamak » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:29 am

Cam Thomas is lethal, james johnson is doing great lately
Brooklyn Nets
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#252 » by Fallout_3 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:31 am

Prokorov wrote:9) I still dont know what a clear path foul is. like i dont get it. The blake one seemed clear.

I think the defender has to be clearly behind the attacker, besides to be the last man. That's the only explanation I see.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,848

Post#253 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:watching it on DVR now.... Mike Breen is the worst.... ball washing, over reacting wanna-be who stole his catch phrase from Patrick and Olberman.

worst in the sport.

Ian should be doing those broadcasts.

Nah man i like Breen when he does national broadcasts.

It's gonna feel good when he goes "BAAAAANG" when we are at full strength playing on ABC Saturday nights
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#254 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:06 pm

therealbig3 wrote:As I MUST say every time people write us off and crucify Nash for everything whenever we go down big but then make a big comeback to steal the game later...what do we think about Nash now? Does he get zero credit for erasing a 28 point lead with a severely depleted roster? Or only the blame for going down 28 in the first place?

I mean, how many head coaches trust a rookie's hot hand in crunch time, over a proven vet like Curry? Want to talk about adjustments, how about recognizing how the Knicks were defending Cam Thomas on the high PnR, keeping Aldridge in the game so that we have another great shooter that Cam could get the ball to in case he got trapped, and then just spamming that play over and over again in the 4th so that either Cam or Aldridge could make a big bucket, since the Knicks couldn't stop it to save their lives? How about trusting Aldridge so much when Drummond had given us such a big spark in the 3rd quarter, and it turning out to be the right call?

But nah, everything bad is his fault, everything good has nothing to do with him. At least that's the narrative the board runs with every single game.

Yeah, I had no issues with him. I even thought the small bits of audio we got of him coaching the players through the initial blowout and back into the game was good.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#255 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:15 pm

Still cant believe what happened last night. The way Patty and Seth hit those back to back threes at the start of the 3rd. Whew.

The level of trust and confidence this team of vets put into Cam is astonishing.

Gotta give Nash credit for not getting in the way and making adjustments to Thibs defense. Cam and LMA's two man game so absolutely beautiful.

Seeing KD go ape sh*t felt so good. The mood as changed on this team.

And let's not ignore Dre. His defensive rebounding is something this team has needed for two years. Dude is definitely not just a throw in, he's an important part of this roster.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#256 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:25 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

How about start Cam with Mills and Curry to begin the game?

People are upset because of that first half. Nash rode the hot hand and i credit him but come on. He played into Thibs hands in the first half by starting three non shooters. It's just erratic
Cam started the game 1-9 from the floor. We only have two genuine 3pt shooters on this roster right now: Patty and Seth. But they're defensively subpar and small, starting Cam with them gives us one of the worst defensive units. Cam did brilliantly in the 4th but this was a team win, Bruce Brown hustle at the end was a huge play.

I don't think Seth's D has been bad at all

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#257 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Things are so much better now. Just need to get KD, Kyrie, Ben and Joe back.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#258 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:40 pm

I was never a big Drummond fan but I love his energy. Dude was going crazy on the bench with KD. Not one ounce of sulking cause he was on the bench for the 4th even though he had damn near 20 boards. He was celebrating hard on the court too when we started coming back.

I had a mini melt down in the first half :lol: but I don't take any of it back. I think Nash's rotations put us in that hole. The Knicks are just terrible and our 4th quarter lineup actually made sense. Our starting lineup couldn't score on a high school team and we were immediately down 13. Let them get confident and comfortable.

Man, I feel like we could really unleash Seth and give him the ultimate green light. When he's playing with the BIG 3, he's gonna get a ton of open looks. That dude is nasty. His shots aren't even hitting rim.

Love seeing the guys not give up and play hard all the way through. Def wouldn't be happening with Harden as the leader.

Cam is just cold cold blooded. I love it. That's the type of guy you give the ultimate green light to and just bench him if he's cold. You can't hold him back.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#259 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Read on Twitter

my god, this is beautiful.

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#260 » by Stone » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:14 pm

Cam's reception i the locker room after the game...

Look at how flawless his release is on that dagger three.

The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence

Return to Brooklyn Nets