ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New Look Nets @ Manhattan Knicks - Weds, Feb 16th | 7:30pm EST | ESPN & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: GT: New Look Nets @ Manhattan Knicks - Weds, Feb 16th | 7:30pm EST | ESPN & YES 

Post#261 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:58 pm

Well, saw the early deficit n i'm like, Ozark it is..... after pounding through 3 episodes at that point, my boy texted me the Cam dagger and I'm like, wait, wtf? LOL

Great comeback by our guys, wonderful and terrific!

Watched a 9 min game highlights to catch me up and right now, Seth Curry is looking like a damn steal... you ain't worried about Ben Simmons shooting if Curry can take that off his shoulders...

Drummond, without being said, will be a difference maker for us!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: New Look Nets @ Manhattan Knicks - Weds, Feb 16th | 7:30pm EST | ESPN & YES 

Post#262 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:59 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Was at this game tonight... Bday gift from the wife. great seats. My first in person game of the year. One of the best games i've ever been too. props to my wife and sister for not wanting to leave when we were down huge. My thoughts...

1) Legit chants of Broooklllyyynnnn, Broooooklyynnn in the 4th once we made it 1 possession. Like that was shocking. I expect the Knicks to take over Barclays but a brooklyn chant in MSG is unheard of. Not sure what it sounded like on TV but it sounded loud AF from where we sat and the players were into it. Knicks came back with the D-Fense chant but for a moment, it was BK chants and it was glorious.

2) COLD BLOODED. That step back from Cam was an absolute dagger. My sister was like why is he taking that but I low-key love that shot even if he bricks it. takes the clock under 8 seconds and a miss is a long rebound. Up 3, thats not an awful scenario. Cam had a couple earlier moments where he didnt seem to have great awareness for the situaiton (YOLO deep three after we cut it to three) but he will learn. He was enormous tonight. hit multiple huge shots and solid on defense

3) Early Returns on Curry are fantastic. I know its only 2 games but his game is aesthetically beautiful. Always under control, fundamental, high IQ, plays within himself and hit big shot after big shot tonight. Not just a catch and shoot guy.

I listened to the "all the smoke podcast" they had curry on before the trade. before he came on Barnes kept referring to Curry as a 2-way player and I was like "huh?" but watching him play he really gets into guys on that end too. Not great size, but quick, smart, and plays tough. His game has come a long way. Huge get in the Harden trade.

4) I think i'll always be guarded and kind of skeptical on Drummond... mainly his ability to play a role and not do too much. but he also has obviously looked great. My father in law has been in my ear since the trade, telling me drummond has never had a good fit in his NBA career and hasnt played his best ball yet. Hopefully he is right. Reboudning doesnt matter much at all in todays league... but sometimes when you have a super elite talent in a league that doesnt value something you can gain an edge, maybe thats going to be the case with drummond the way mid range with aldridge does the same (league doesnt value mid range, he gains an edge since he is automatic and they concede the shot to him). At the very least, not getting bullied is a nice change

5) Still no ill-will to Harden but its not a great look for him that we are 2-0 since the trade was official and have played like bulldogs since the deal was announced. I'm not going to blame everything in that losing streak on Harden, but cleary the team is feeling better about life in his absence. maybe its a correlation does not equal causation thing... but again, not a great look.

6) I know we have an abundance of bigs and are short handed but can we ditch Blake at the 4 permanently? I'm fine trying to work some minutes in for him at center but we get destroyed anytime we go "big" with him at PF. Meanwhile, Edwards was rotting on the bench. Maybe its a marks issue and not a nash one but like... please stop that.

7) I lost my voice at the end screaming to switch at the end of the game. We are we switching 1-3 pick and rolls in a 1 possession game with under 90 seconds to play? We just gave quickley and fournier open look from 3 after open look from three. are you worried about a switch in a 1-3 pick and roll? why? worried about fournier posting up mills? quickley beating brown off the dribble? This staff needs to get their act together. These small details matter. And these are clear cut easy decisions

8) James Johnson had some facepalm moments and YOLO type players but overall dude grinded this game on both ends. box score not great but his fingerprints were all over this comeback. was actually suprised he didnt have more assists, live it seemed like he had a ton. He was this teams leader tonight.

9) I still dont know what a clear path foul is. like i dont get it. The blake one seemed clear.

A win tomorrow and we go into the break looking and feeling really good. Back to back but its at home. Drummond vs them with no bigs should help.

Lets gooooo!

You got a real one, bro. I'm glad she got you tickets, and convinced you to stay through a rough 1st half. And what a great present, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Thanks, Bday was december, this was just the day of gift
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#263 » by ducler » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,053

Post#264 » by Marvin Martian » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Thibs gave the game away by sitting Quickly in the 4th quarter. Had he sat down Randle and Founier, the Nets lose by double digits easy. Nash had nothing to do with this win

Bruh what team do you root for? You smell like an opp

He is a troll. he openly roots against us in the GB gameday threads.

This isn't true at all. There is nothing that I have said in the GB that wasn't shared by Nets fans (e.g. Harden being fat and declining and that Nash is a horrible coach). I am just not optimistic, which is well within my rights because I do not work for the Nets.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#265 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:53 am

Crazy that Cam got left out of the Rising Stars game.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets