Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Wizards @ New Look Nets - Thursday, Feb 17th | 7:30pm EST | YES 

Post#81 » by GTR11 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:15 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Good handful were off the dribble. Catch n shoot...some even contested...

98of their 12 makes were uncontested. and several of their misses. they got wide open shots all night.

including. 3 of the 4 makes by krispert... their best shooter and a role sniper.

There was no need to help on even 1 possesion tonight.

The problem was we were playing LMA at C when they were playing Rui at C. We were constantly in scramble mode because he couldn't guard anyone on the floor. Then to make it worse, we constantly had Curry or Patty on their big wings and they were getting REALLY deep position in the paint. It's one thing to not help in a 1v1 post up but when guys are getting layups, you need to send help.

And their PGs were 12 for 17 on mostly tough shots. We just couldn't get stops at any level. We should've just switched everything and forced them to go 1v1 vs Aldridge or Drummond.

I think guys played hard so I'm not even that mad. I think we've all accepted that this team isn't winning anything unless we're at full strength. And we probably won't win 1 back to back this year.

Ish Smith was the difference in this game. He came into second half and started setting plays for them. I mean just look at the stats, they back it up.
We took more shots 89 to their 83, also we shot more FT 24 to their 16. TO we ended up on par simply because Neto got benched late 2nd Q, and barely played in 2nd half.
Patty, Curry and Cam just not playmaker by any means. That's why getting Ben can be game changer for us. Will it be enough, I'm not sure. We need to get rid of Carter, JJ and Nic in order to keep Kess and hopefully sign Dragic. If we had player like Dragic last night, this is a blow out even with Trash coaching us.

Return to Brooklyn Nets