Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:54 am

Vincent, Herro, Strus, Tucker, Dedmon

Caruso, White, Dosunmu, Green, Jones

Milton, Korkmaz, Thybulle, Niang, Reed

Rondo, Okoro, Markkanen, Love, Wade

Hill, Allen, Bryant, Nwora, Portis

Pritchard, White, Nesmith, Horford, Theis

Banton, Trent, Watanabe, Birch, Boucher

Do any of these teams look decent? This is what our competition looks like, when missing their top 4 starters.

It may take some luck and some time to gel, and we only have 23 games after the ASB to find our form. But our heavily compromised roster has kept spirits high, and everyone on the floor is playing in a role 2 sizes bigger than they were meant to play.

I'm encouraged by the roster construction, and I think that when we see these Brooklyn Nets at full strength, it'll be the class of the conference. Keep the faith, my fellow Nets fans. It's always darkest before dawn.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: The Bright Side 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:02 am

BTW, here's my guess at a full roster depth chart and minute allocation:

PG: IRVING (32), Mills (22)
SG: CURRY (28), Brown (20)
SF: DURANT (34), Harris (26)
PF: SIMMONS (30), Griffin (14)
C: DRUMMOND (18), Aldridge (16)

No Johnson, no Carter, they're back in the Stay Ready group where they belong. The rookies don't feature, because we have the veteran depth that we won't need them in the rotation. Claxton has a chance to break through, but he's gonna have to keep his body healthy, hustle and earn PT like he's never had to do before.

We have everything we need, guys. More elite shooters than anyone else, even Phoenix. More switchable defenders than most teams. More ball handlers, more versatility.

The one thing I think will stagnate our system will be finishing at the rim, and protecting the rim. It's like in football, having the best skill position weapons in the world means nothing, if your offensive and defensive linemen are trash. We get infatuated with midrange J's, and they're great when they swish. But even the best shooters in the world have cold streaks, and then we compound that with poor rotations, giving up easy dunks and corner 3's like charity.

Kyrie can dance like no one else, but he needs to drive and PROBE. He can make some circus shots, but you bail out a defense that way because no one is playing you for the pass. If he can start hitting or weak side corner shooters more often, it will force teams to pull low man and generate more easy dunks and layups.

As for KD, he just needs to assert his dominance at the rack more often, and seek out contact. Dagger 3's are gorgeous, but with his gifts and our lack of slashers, we need him to YAM one on opponents at least once a game. Teams get too comfortable knowing that KD would rather hit the J than drive, and he's Easy Money for a reason. Let's make things even easier.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#3 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:44 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:BTW, here's my guess at a full roster depth chart and minute allocation:

No Johnson, no Carter, they're back in the Stay Ready group where they belong. The rookies don't feature, because we have the veteran depth that we won't need them in the rotation. Claxton has a chance to break through, but he's gonna have to keep his body healthy, hustle and earn PT like he's never had to do before.

We have everything we need, guys. More elite shooters than anyone else, even Phoenix. More switchable defenders than most teams. More ball handlers, more versatility.

The one thing I think will stagnate our system will be finishing at the rim, and protecting the rim. It's like in football, having the best skill position weapons in the world means nothing, if your offensive and defensive linemen are trash. We get infatuated with midrange J's, and they're great when they swish. But even the best shooters in the world have cold streaks, and then we compound that with poor rotations, giving up easy dunks and corner 3's like charity.

Kyrie can dance like no one else, but he needs to drive and PROBE. He can make some circus shots, but you bail out a defense that way because no one is playing you for the pass. If he can start hitting or weak side corner shooters more often, it will force teams to pull low man and generate more easy dunks and layups.

As for KD, he just needs to assert his dominance at the rack more often, and seek out contact. Dagger 3's are gorgeous, but with his gifts and our lack of slashers, we need him to YAM one on opponents at least once a game. Teams get too comfortable knowing that KD would rather hit the J than drive, and he's Easy Money for a reason. Let's make things even easier.

I don't know about Simmons & Drummond starting together. Maybe, but the fit isn't great. Come playoff time, the starters will be much closer to 40 minutes per game & we'll likely only go about 8 deep. The big rotation will be very matchup dependant & I assume we'll go "small" (if a front line of Durant & Simmons can really be considered small) more often than not.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:11 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Vincent, Herro, Strus, Tucker, Dedmon

Do any of these teams look decent? This is what our competition looks like, when missing their top 4 starters.

It may take some luck and some time to gel, and we only have 23 games after the ASB to find our form. But our heavily compromised roster has kept spirits high, and everyone on the floor is playing in a role 2 sizes bigger than they were meant to play.

I'm encouraged by the roster construction, and I think that when we see these Brooklyn Nets at full strength, it'll be the class of the conference. Keep the faith, my fellow Nets fans. It's always darkest before dawn.

All those teams destroy the Wizards, at home, when the wiz are on a back to back traveling from indy. the fact that our team minus the 4 is better then that and still getting embarassed buy the wizrds makes it more sad.

I've officially given up on this season unless their is a coaching change
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:17 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:BTW, here's my guess at a full roster depth chart and minute allocation:

We are definitely NOT playing a 10 man rotation and definitely NOT playing Griffin/Griff at PF.

Blake was out of the rotation with a healthy KD/Claxton, let alone a healthy KD/Claxton/Dummond/LMA and Ben maybe playing some PF. No chance unless there are injuries.

I think ONE of our centers plays... Maybe its drummond maybe its LMA. but its small ball outside of whoever starts at center. Brown probably doesnt play if Johnson is healthy... is guess its closer to:

Kyrie (38) | Mills or Curry (10)
Curry (30) | Mills (18)
Durant (40) | Johnson (8)
Simmons (40) | Johnson (8)
LMA or Drummond (24) | Johnson or Brown (24)

Thats 8 guys in any given game... with maybe a swap of who gets DNP'd between games. I think Cam might make a few Cameos but mostly will sit. Same with Claxton. If Harris is healthy he eats into Curry/Mills minutes and maybe a few of Johnsons.

But basically, the big 3 are going to play 40 with minimal subbing. and we will rotate 2 bigs and 2 shooters at the other 2 spots.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#6 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:

We are definitely NOT playing a 10 man rotation and definitely NOT playing Griffin/Griff at PF.

Blake was out of the rotation with a healthy KD/Claxton, let alone a healthy KD/Claxton/Dummond/LMA and Ben maybe playing some PF. No chance unless there are injuries.

I think ONE of our centers plays... Maybe its drummond maybe its LMA. but its small ball outside of whoever starts at center. Brown probably doesnt play if Johnson is healthy... is guess its closer to:

Kyrie (38) | Mills or Curry (10)
Curry (30) | Mills (18)
Durant (40) | Johnson (8)
Simmons (40) | Johnson (8)
LMA or Drummond (24) | Johnson or Brown (24)

Thats 8 guys in any given game... with maybe a swap of who gets DNP'd between games. I think Cam might make a few Cameos but mostly will sit. Same with Claxton. If Harris is healthy he eats into Curry/Mills minutes and maybe a few of Johnsons.

But basically, the big 3 are going to play 40 with minimal subbing. and we will rotate 2 bigs and 2 shooters at the other 2 spots.

I have a feeling that Blake was out of the rotation largely because Harden preferred a lob threat. He's probably a better fit next to Simmons than Drummond & Aldridge in my opinion.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Vincent, Herro, Strus, Tucker, Dedmon

All those teams destroy the Wizards, at home, when the wiz are on a back to back traveling from indy. the fact that our team minus the 4 is better then that and still getting embarassed buy the wizrds makes it more sad.

I've officially given up on this season unless their is a coaching change

Agreed. This team could be 100% healthy and Nash would f*ck this all up. Last night was a disgrace.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets