Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Sean Marks Press Conference | Feb 22nd @ 6pm EST 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Getting KD back is more of a priority. Both Simmons and Dragic will ramp up and probably hit the court around the same time.

We have about 20 something games to develop chemistry. It's going to be a difficult road.

I dont think Chemistry matters much. everyone we are adding adds a role and is super portable. Like Curry/Drummond fitting in day 1 was no surprise. chemistry will help but i dont think its our biggest issue

Winning games is. I'm not convinced we will be a top 8 team. which means a 1-game playoff and i dont think nash wins a 1-game play in, especially vs the wiz, who nash already cant seem to figure out.

Unless marks announcement is nash is fired, this year looks like a wash

Yeah if we cannot get into the 6th seed i think we are screwed.

I think reading twitter the press conference is to lower expectations:

-Joe is out
-We will "take it slow with ben"
-"Mandate wont change by the playoffs"
-"We need to be careful with KD"

The team sees themselves just 2-3 games up on the 11 seed and looks at our schedule coming out of the break and realizes we could be a 10/11 seed before st. patricks day and needs to do some damage control now to lower expectations.

I think it is very likely we go 2-4 coming out of the break.

vs.Boston - Loss (none of the bgi 3 will play)
vs. Bucks - Loss (no Ben, KD limited minutes
@ toronto/vs. Toronto - no Kyrie for either, no Ben. maybe we get lucky and split.
vs. Heat - Loss - no kyrie no ben
@ Boston - Win with KYrie and hopefully a no restrictions KD

and we could easily lose both raptors games and be 1-5 in that stretch. Even if we do turn things around, it wont be this first handful of games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#22 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:59 pm

Is that what Kyrie plans to do along with us NETs fans? watch the team too? lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#23 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:00 pm

We are so screwed... the team needs to win games now....

this is absurd.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,842

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I dont think Chemistry matters much. everyone we are adding adds a role and is super portable. Like Curry/Drummond fitting in day 1 was no surprise. chemistry will help but i dont think its our biggest issue

Winning games is. I'm not convinced we will be a top 8 team. which means a 1-game playoff and i dont think nash wins a 1-game play in, especially vs the wiz, who nash already cant seem to figure out.

Unless marks announcement is nash is fired, this year looks like a wash

Yeah if we cannot get into the 6th seed i think we are screwed.

I think reading twitter the press conference is to lower expectations:

-Joe is out
-We will "take it slow with ben"
-"Mandate wont change by the playoffs"
-"We need to be careful with KD"

The team sees themselves just 2-3 games up on the 11 seed and looks at our schedule coming out of the break and realizes we could be a 10/11 seed before st. patricks day and needs to do some damage control now to lower expectations.

I think it is very likely we go 2-4 coming out of the break.

vs.Boston - Loss (none of the bgi 3 will play)
vs. Bucks - Loss (no Ben, KD limited minutes
@ toronto/vs. Toronto - no Kyrie for either, no Ben. maybe we get lucky and split.
vs. Heat - Loss - no kyrie no ben
@ Boston - Win with KYrie and hopefully a no restrictions KD

and we could easily lose both raptors games and be 1-5 in that stretch. Even if we do turn things around, it wont be this first handful of games.

yeah...the vibe on twitter seems like this is not going to be a pleasant press conference for us. I think Joe is probably done, KD and Ben are probably several weeks away from returning. No news on Kyrie.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for the fact that this year has been punted.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#25 » by NetsWorld » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Well, nothing new to reveal. I love Marks being honest with everyone; Bummber but tis what is is.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#26 » by MGrand15 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:44 pm

Well I'm glad we didnt get bad news. This kind of felt like a waste of time but I get why the team wanted to put a positive message out there considering this year has been damn near worst case scenario all around. No updates on anything but it feels like KD + Ben are really close.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:29 am

MGrand15 wrote:Well I'm glad we didnt get bad news. This kind of felt like a waste of time but I get why the team wanted to put a positive message out there considering this year has been damn near worst case scenario all around. No updates on anything but it feels like KD + Ben are really close.

Can someone give me a recap? i didnt get to see it

Edit: here it is

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:35 am

Pretty much nothing new.

The threat of this team missing the playoffs is real if KD and Ben aren't ready by St Pattys Day

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:44 am

Halfway in this is alot of fluff....

I stand by my original remarks. This is damage control and helping settle expectations. I'm sure they dont want to lose sponsors and season ticket holders... which may have been what they were facing trading harden (super marketable) and missing the playoffs.

I'm not sure we finish 11, but I dont think we are better then 50/50 to get out of the play in if we arent the 7 or 8 seed.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#30 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:46 pm

Kyrie will be back in Barclays full time by April

Read on Twitter
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#31 » by NetsWorld » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Paradise wrote:Kyrie will be back in Barclays full time by April

Read on Twitter

Could be too late by then. All of this hoopla should have been taken care of at the start of the season at last granting his drama queen ass an exception. Nonetheless, Kyrie will find another "traumatizing" excuse not to play.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#32 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Chicago has also repealed their mandate.

Its only a matter of time until NYC does. It will def be done by the playoffs.

I just don't get what the waits for. Just do it already. Cases are so low. Its the best time. If cases tick back up it will look worse.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:32 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Chicago has also repealed their mandate.

I just don't get what the waits for. Just do it already. Cases are so low. Its the best time. If cases tick back up it will look worse.

Adams is dragging his feet because he fired 1000 city employees for not being vaccinated.

Mind you, I do not think he did anything wrong by doing so. But I believe he's biding his time because he's worried about the optics.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:31 pm

Also, Adams is an absolute tool and I have no idea what NYC Democrats were thinking here.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#35 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Adams is dragging his feet because he fired 1000 city employees for not being vaccinated.

Mind you, I do not think he did anything wrong by doing so. But I believe he's biding his time because he's worried about the optics.

100%. How can you lay off about 1300 municipal workers because of mandates & then repeal said mandates a week late without looking clueless?

That being said, I think the Kyrie affecting mandate & the municipal worker mandate are separate entities. I'm sure they're figuring whether gradual repeals or one big sweeping repeal spins better.

The new Health Commissioner is taking over sometime in March as well (DiBlasio's guy still has that role). He could be waiting for the new guy to start to move forward with repealing the DiBlasio mandates.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Sean Marks Press Conference | Feb 22nd @ 6pm EST 

Post#36 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:43 pm

KD35Netted wrote:

Read on Twitter

Could be too late by then. All of this hoopla should have been taken care of at the start of the season at last granting his drama queen ass an exception. Nonetheless, Kyrie will find another "traumatizing" excuse not to play.

This is why we don’t deserve nice things. You moving the goalpost from “it’s too late” and he will find another “traumatizing excuse” is a pretty pathetic and lazy take.

We could have a healthy full time Kyrie, Joe Harris and lose KD at any point in a deep postseason with another injury or positive COVID test. It will all end bad the same regardless, if that ever happened. I’m sure you wouldn’t find that an “excuse” or form of drama, huh?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#37 » by GTR11 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 pm

KD35Netted wrote:

Read on Twitter

If Kyrie is deciding factor to make PO, than we have no business being in PO. Getting Ben and KD rampant up is was more important.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:11 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

100%. How can you lay off about 1300 municipal workers because of mandates & then repeal said mandates a week late without looking clueless?

That being said, I think the Kyrie affecting mandate & the municipal worker mandate are separate entities. I'm sure they're figuring whether gradual repeals or one big sweeping repeal spins better.

The new Health Commissioner is taking over sometime in March as well (DiBlasio's guy still has that role). He could be waiting for the new guy to start to move forward with repealing the DiBlasio mandates.

I agree with you. I think that mandating that municipal workers have to be vaccinated as a condition of employment and relaxing rules for indoor entertainment venues are two separate issues and should be treated as such.

Best way to do this is to ease the restrictions on indoor dining, gyms, and entertainment venues while maintaining workforce vaccination mandates. There really is zero reason why the latter should not remain in place. Kyrie Irving is not a municipal employee

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#39 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:08 am

Paradise wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is why we don’t deserve nice things. You moving the goalpost from “it’s too late” and he will find another “traumatizing excuse” is a pretty pathetic and lazy take.

We could have a healthy full time Kyrie, Joe Harris and lose KD at any point in a deep postseason with another injury or positive COVID test. It will all end bad the same regardless, if that ever happened. I’m sure you wouldn’t find that an “excuse” or form of drama, huh?

True. This is also why the 1st championship for a franchise is the toughest to win. It's always difficult, but we are a fanbase that doesn't know how to keep the faith in the midst of struggle, because we've never been to the mountaintop. So, we have no encouragement to offer our players when they're sliding. Durant, for all of his faults, is like Moses in the desert with this team. His front office, coaches, co-stars, teammates and even fans are pulling against him at times.

I still have faith that we can turn around this ship. I think the players need to stop worrying so much about keeping spirits high and letting the huddle tight, and start getting genuinely pissed off at each other. I don't care who plays or doesn't, a championship team has a standard, under which they will not allow any player on their roster to perform. Guys should be losing sleep, not able to eat, it should tear them up inside to be so bad lately. Instead, I see guys too comfortable with sub- mediocrity, and unwilling to challenge a teammate to improve. It starts with the coach, and unfortunately we've taken on his personality in this regard. Steve has to get mean, in order to spur this team onto greatness.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets