ImageImageImageImageImage

NYC Mandate: Kyrie Irving Eligibility Discussion

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: NYC Mandate: Kyrie Irving Eligibility Discussion 

Post#381 » by gigantes » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:50 am

Prokorov wrote:Kyrie is not a bad defender or even close to that.

Could I get a plurality of advanced stats to back that up...?
gigantes
Starter

Post#382 » by gigantes » Fri Apr 8, 2022 9:24 pm

*crickets*
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#383 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 9, 2022 5:56 am

gigantes wrote:

positive DRPM/DRAPM. 0.8 DWS in 20 something games. slightly negative DBPM. 114 DRTG on a team with a 113 DTRG

none of those screams anything close to bad. it hovers around nuetral.
gigantes
Starter

Post#384 » by gigantes » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:

positive DRPM/DRAPM. 0.8 DWS in 20 something games. slightly negative DBPM. 114 DRTG on a team with a 113 DTRG

none of those screams anything close to bad. it hovers around nuetral.

What specific source is that?

From what I'm seeing so far:

RAP-DBPM -.8
Source: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

NBA DRPM -1.04
Source: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/1

Also, the original source of my comment was about Kyrie's per-100 on/off team differentials, right? They sounded downright awful IIRC.

Anybody who knows how to look that stuff up exactly, I thank you in advance.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,852

Post#385 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:57 pm

The Brooklyn Nets received negative intel by executives, coaches and players who worked with Kyrie Irving during his prior stops with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics prior to when they signed him in 2019, sources tell Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN.

Information was shared on "his unresponsiveness and truculence with coaches, his lack of self-awareness with teammates, his constant defiance of offensive game plans, his disinterest in playing off the ball."

Sources told ESPN that the Nets moved forward with signing Irving because they realized that it was necessary in order to also sign Kevin Durant.

The issues Brooklyn has had with Irving in the ensuing years have been more due to his actions in the aggregate rather than one single act, which is irrespective of his play on the floor.

Weird that this comes out today.

Honestly though, Kyrie on the court has been fine and has been more than willing to play off the ball when needed. I can't speak to the other stuff but the only issue with Kyrie has been availability in terms of when he took games off for mental health last year or refusing to get vaccinated this year.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#386 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
The Brooklyn Nets received negative intel by executives, coaches and players who worked with Kyrie Irving during his prior stops with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics prior to when they signed him in 2019, sources tell Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN.

Information was shared on "his unresponsiveness and truculence with coaches, his lack of self-awareness with teammates, his constant defiance of offensive game plans, his disinterest in playing off the ball."

Sources told ESPN that the Nets moved forward with signing Irving because they realized that it was necessary in order to also sign Kevin Durant.

The issues Brooklyn has had with Irving in the ensuing years have been more due to his actions in the aggregate rather than one single act, which is irrespective of his play on the floor.

Weird that this comes out today.

Honestly though, Kyrie on the court has been fine and has been more than willing to play off the ball when needed. I can't speak to the other stuff but the only issue with Kyrie has been availability in terms of when he took games off for mental health last year or refusing to get vaccinated this year.

odd timing. clearly intentional. click-bait, hit piece or both.

all of this was in the book. we read it all last year. there is no news in here. people warned the nets on kyrie about off ball but he willingly took that role. questions about teammates but they love him here. really if not for the pandemic, he'd be in hte middle of the best 3-year stretch of his career while helping us thrive.

Return to Brooklyn Nets