ImageImageImageImageImage

NYC Mandate: Kyrie Irving Eligibility Discussion

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Re: NYC Mandate: Kyrie Irving Eligibility Discussion 

Post#301 » by Stone » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:08 pm

https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/kevin-durant-sees-big-title-window-if-nets-fail-this-season/

KD basically saying our window is still open as long as he is here, he also wants to bring people back. This is NOT a punt on this season, but it is good to know that KD is committed to the Brooklyn Nets.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#302 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:47 pm

Stone wrote:https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/kevin-durant-sees-big-title-window-if-nets-fail-this-season/

KD basically saying our window is still open as long as he is here, he also wants to bring people back. This is NOT a punt on this season, but it is good to know that KD is committed to the Brooklyn Nets.

sounds like the groundwork for a punt.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#303 » by Stone » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:57 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Stone wrote:https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/kevin-durant-sees-big-title-window-if-nets-fail-this-season/

It very well could be......but I'm going to live the lie until they hand us fishing poles...... :D
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#304 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:07 pm

I'm glad KD sees the bigger picture.

Kyrie isn't full time and Ben isn't coming back and we are a playin team. I don't expect to win the title this season but hey, when you have KD on your team we can always dream
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,904

Post#305 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:49 pm

Stone wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

It very well could be......but I'm going to live the lie until they hand us fishing poles...... :D

It's a punt. KD will die on the court before allowing us to not go down without a fight, but part time Kyrie, no Ben, and no Joe makes this a lost season.

It is what it is. Hopefully next season Kyrie will be full time, Ben will be ready for camp and Joe will be good to go.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#306 » by Fallout_3 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Read on Twitter

I suppose it's nothing but who knows.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#307 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:13 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I suppose it's nothing but who knows.

This goes back to what I was saying. The Yankees and Mets have considerable pull in this city. If anything was going to clean this mess up it would be the Steinbrenners putting the lean on the Mayor's office.

Could you imagine if old man George were still alive and city hall was telling him his players couldn't play? :lol: all hell would have broken loose

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#308 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:23 pm

LOL this man is not repealing it anytime soon.

He keeps saying he will pull it when its time. But has no definition of when that time will be! Just completely arbitrary.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=lOK1rzYxKwQfKYZuBvC8hA
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#309 » by NetsWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL this man is not repealing it anytime soon.

He keeps saying he will pull it when its time. But has no definition of when that time will be! Just completely arbitrary.

Read on Twitter

You are reading it all wrong. Adams is telling us to shut up and stop trying to push him into lifting it otherwise he will purposely delay it; he is telling you he will lift it on his terms.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#310 » by Paradise » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:30 pm

KD35Netted wrote:

Read on Twitter

You are reading it all wrong. Adams is telling us to shut up and stop trying to push him into lifting it otherwise he will purposely delay it; he is telling you he will lift it on his terms.

Which is why he’s a douchebag. He can’t even get a hold of crime but feels he can posture on technicality rules.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#311 » by NetsWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm

Paradise wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Read on Twitter

Which is why he’s a douchebag. He can’t even get a hold of crime but feels he can posture on technicality rules.

A politician can mince words in political fashion and get away with it.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#312 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:49 pm

I've already come to terms to Kyrie not being available for home games until next season.

The mayor will not be doing anyone a favor because it's the easiest stance for him in the world and most NYers(esp the the ones who don't give AF about sports) will be in favor of a mandate. The narrative is already that he shouldn't bend the rules for millionaires(even tho it happens all the time behind the scenes lmaoo) Plus while I love NYC, it tends to peacock around as being this bastion of progressiveness and will do whatever to not look like Florida, etc., even if what they are doing is dumb...

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the mandate gets lifted anytime soon.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#313 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:58 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:I've already come to terms to Kyrie not being available for home games until next season.

The mayor will not be doing anyone a favor because it's the easiest stance for him in the world and most NYers(esp the the ones who don't give AF about sports) will be in favor of a mandate. The narrative is already that he shouldn't bend the rules for millionaires(even tho it happens all the time behind the scenes lmaoo) Plus while I love NYC, it tends to peacock around as being this bastion of progressiveness and will do whatever to not look like Florida, etc., even if what they are doing is dumb...

It will become an issue for Yankee/Mets.

Media will be after him. Im telling you.

You dont mess with the Yankees in NYC.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#314 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:10 pm

Paradise wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's why he's putting the same police unit who choked a man to death over selling loose cigarettes back on the street I guess.

Adams gives me Giuliani vibes. It won't shock me if he's embroiled in some corruption scandal during the course of his term and police violence complaints skyrocket under his watch.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#315 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:13 pm

Adams barely won and is acting like he has some mandate to be a dictator.

No clue why NYC voters wanted him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#316 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Adams is everything wrong with American politics and leadership...

He wont fix something that clearly doesnt make sense (Kyrie can be at games but not play; visiting unvaxxed can play) because he did something else (fired city employees) and it would be bad optics to allow Kyrie to play.

Good, smart, leadership corrects thing that dont make sense or are not working, regardless of the optics. just keep making smart decisions and fixing the things that dont make sense and your state/city/country will end up in a better place.

"hey eric why did you let kyrie play when you fired city workers"

-Because the rule didnt make sense. The city workers is a different issue. we are dealing with government employees vs the private sector. its a tough thing in a tough time. we will work WITH those to get them back to work but in a safe way, and continue to be guided by data and logic, not political pressure

is that so hard?

when you are a scumbag cop, probably :banghead:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#317 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:16 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Adams barely won and is acting like he has some mandate to be a dictator.

Part of it, like trump, is that there was never really much of another option presented. Like im sure republicans would have love a real candidate so they didnt have to vote for trump, but their party painted them into a corner.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#318 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:I've already come to terms to Kyrie not being available for home games until next season.

It will become an issue for Yankee/Mets.

Media will be after him. Im telling you.

You dont mess with the Yankees in NYC.

Yep. It will get ugly next month if he's going to persist.

The unvaccinated rate in MLB is way higher than the NBA. You're going to let dozens of unvaccinated players play in Yankee stadium while telling Aaron Judge to sit home? Okay, we'll see how well that flies with the local media and the connections the Yankees have in the city.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#319 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Adams barely won and is acting like he has some mandate to be a dictator.

Part of it, like trump, is that there was never really much of another option presented. Like im sure republicans would have love a real candidate so they didnt have to vote for trump, but their party painted them into a corner.

Pretty much. You either suck it up and deal with an establishment Democrat backed candidate that pulls center-left/center-right that pulls independent voters, or vote in a deranged far right culture warrior who believes in conspiracy theories and doesn't subscribe to science.

It sucks.

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#320 » by Shark » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

That's why he's putting the same police unit who choked a man to death over selling loose cigarettes back on the street I guess.

Adams gives me Giuliani vibes. It won't shock me if he's embroiled in some corruption scandal during the course of his term and police violence complaints skyrocket under his watch.

I mean Adams was a Republican at one point. Saying he's a Democrat now doesn't really mean all that much. It's just a label. It's what you call yourself if you want to have a realistic shot at being mayor in NYC most of the time.

Also he already had the thing with trying to name his half brother to some post in his administration. Adams sucks, it's just people don't ever really pay attention to politics. I'm sure most people that voted for him saw a cop, who calls himself a Democrat, as the solution to rising crime in the city.

Return to Brooklyn Nets