ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets @ Cheesehead Bucks ABC Primtime 8:30 EST Game Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets @ Cheesehead Bucks ABC Primtime 8:30 EST Game Thread 

Post#161 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 am

therealbig3 wrote:I'm pretty sure Nash was overachieving last year with a depleted roster most of the time, I'm not sure where this "Nash can't get the team to play hard" or he can't beat teams with better talent stuff comes from.

It's been rough this year for sure, and we've been getting beaten down a lot recently, but our talent level really is that bad when you have our top 4 players in street clothes. Like seriously, no, the Clippers do not have similar talent to us while missing their 2 best players, because the rest of their players are still clearly better than ours.

People just aren't realistic with what we've got. We'll play better once we get our horses back.

LAst year was the worst coached season in nets history. We should have wont at least 8-10 more games. We consistently won last year in spite of nash. he below games we should have won by 30. we had to miracle wins with huge play by our stars because of his incompetance.

anyone who says otherwise knows 0 about basketball. There is nothing more clear then nash being incompetent and cost us 10+ points per game
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#162 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

What in the f*ck?

So Dragic, who is pushing 40, suits up nearly immediately but Ben hasn't even started high intensity work?

I've lost complete faith in Marks and this front office. This is a sh*t show!!!

Its not the same. Dragic is ramping up for a 12-15 mpg role where he is asked to do little.

Ben is gearing up for a 36 mpg role where he is asked to defend the best player on the opposite team.

we can debate if he should be back or not, but comparing dragic to Ben is apples to oranges.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,889

Post#163 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:04 am

Amazing win.

Kyrie is different. Brown was awesome. Drummond killed it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#164 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:38 am

Prokorov wrote:This game was all the reasons to be encouraged spoiled by the big reason you have to be pessimistic. The trade makes us a new team. the pieces fit. the big flaws are gone. Role guys fit their role great and arent zeros outside their role... on the flipside, Nash is so bad at his job it handicaps us. We got away with a W in this one, but in a 7 game series nash is losing 2 games all by himself. My thoughts:

1) You HAVE to challenge that foul on Greyson Allen. Even if it was a 50/50 call you challenge it, let alone a clearly blown call. There are 16 seconds left. its a 1 possesion game. If you dont challenge there WTF are you saving the challenge for? The odds of a more important, blown call happening in the next 16 seconds is like 1 in a billion. This is a common occurrence. We know Nash wont be fired, but someone... anyone needs to take over the duties on when to challenge. its cost us time and time again.

2) Since the trade we turn the ball over less and give up less second chances. It is refreshing to see them throw up stats like: "3rd quarter shooting Nets 10-17, bucks 4-10". I'm a big proponent that rebound isnt important, but im coming around to the idea that more possesions for super elite scorers like Kyrie and Durant is in outlier. They value of rebounding is increased when those possessions go to top 5 efficiency scorers. Harden was leading the NBA in turnovers. almost all his turnovers are live ball and he usually isnt getting back on D after. thats a big swing to Kyrie/Dragic, who really dont turn it over much at all. These are "hidden points" we are getting a big positive swing in.

3) We match up with the Bucks extremely well post trade. Between Drummond, Johnson, Simmons, KD we now have the bodies to "Wall off" Giannis. We also have the bodies to defend him and make it somewhat tough. nothing against Blake but he wasnt equipped to defend Giannis last year. And with Drummond Giannis putnbacks/2nd chances were almost non exsistant.

4) Kyrie is in peak midseason form. Miami/Bucks are as good as it gets and he pissed all over both of them. And that is with no KD to take the doubles and focus off him. The Advantage of Kyrie and KD is that you can put an elite defender on them and it doesnt matter. Jrue cant defend Kyrie. Giannis cant defend durant. those 2 are completely unguardable... Kyrie also has the clutch gene. i know he He is going to factor into things for us.

5) Why are we leaving portis open and helping off him after his 4th or 5th three? Like switch the pick and pop. dude is a good shooter who was on fire. STOP OVER HELPINGl its such a flaw of this team. How do you not tell your team to switch everything on Portis. Helping on giannis who beat his man makes no sense, your not stopping a dunk of his with an open lane. and you never need to triple team Jrue in the post. if he beats kyrie he beats kyrie, dont leave a hot portis to doulbe that.

6) 2 years in a row we overreact to the middleton drive. we are TERRIFIED of the middleton drive. why? make him score at the rim. he wants the pull up jumper. he wants the step back three. make him a driver! where is our scouting? where is our game plan? terrible. Jevon Carter was on our team. you know out of a timeout he is pressing full court. how are you not ready for it and get an 8 seconds call? these are easy little things. our coaching has no attention to detail and no in game awareness.

7) Bembry is a G. seeing him in a bucks uniform makes me puke. F marks for that move, ill never get over it.

8) Cam thomas quietly with some strong minutes. the 35 foot step back three early in the clock needs to go though

9) Brown was great. he is playing really well. props to him. Mills on the other hand has killed us the past 6 weeks. hopefully he finds his shot.

This was a big win. toronto lost so we are just 1 game behind them and they have looked awful these past 2 games without OG. If we have KD when we play the 2 back to back games against them we could overtake the 7 seed.

Hopefully if we have KD, Kyrie and Ben that will be enough to Nash proof this roster.

Dude is the dumbest coach I've ever seen. Leaving a 40 percent three point shooter alone to get uncontested looks is horrible strategy. Kyrie coming in and playing hyper efficient basketball was enough to nullify how dumb Nash was last night but we need KD and Simmons back badly
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#165 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:45 am

OneZilion wrote:When everyone healthy I expect mostly rotation

PG Irving, Dragic
SG Curry, Mills
SF Simmons, Brown
PF Durant, Johnson
C Drummond, Aldridge

Maybe I would rather give time to Blake than Johnson…

Expect Simmons to play on ball and Ky off ball… but this lineup is so balanced now

Dragic is a huge signing…

If we can get Harris back, we can actively have 3 shooters on the floor at all time which lets us get away with having Simmons and Brown running SF/PF full time.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#166 » by gigantes » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:10 pm

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:All that FT back-&-forth during those last few possessions nearly sucked the joy/relief out from this improbable win. Big plays from Brown & Dre, and of course Kyrie kept us in it all game long. The refs tried their best, but this time the zebras lose with the deers Bucks.

I &^$@# can't stand that Mark Jackson / Van Gundy clown crew, so I had the game off at that point and was just following the ESPN virtual page.

I can't remember the last time I saw so many quick fouls between the final 9 second to 3 second mark. It seemed like it was... maybe ten total trips to the line? (i.e. 10 FT's)

Must have been an eternity to watch live.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#167 » by akhan786 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:32 pm

See how he actually tries to find a shot that he can make? This is why Harden always chokes in the playoffs because his Plan A is to hunt for a foul that’s not coming in the later rounds of the postseason. It inflates his stats every year in the regular season though, so everyone gets tricked again and again like clockwork.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,842

Post#168 » by Karate Diop » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:7) Bembry is a G. seeing him in a bucks uniform makes me puke. F marks for that move, ill never get over it.

I like Bembry, but what did I miss yesterday? He looked like a non-factor out there... Carter gave them a boost defensively but was a liability offensively, if he enters the rotation permanently teams are going to exploit that (maybe not the Nets because Nash is an idiot, but other teams will :lol:).
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#169 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:10 pm

James Johnson and Andre Drummond balled out last night too. Drummond was absolutely critical with his rebounding, paint clogging, and bully ball. Sometimes you just need to dump the ball into him and have him bruise his way to the bucket.

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,508

Post#170 » by HardenGoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:00 pm

Solid game with a display of perseverance. Depth is really good. What I see is a team that is going to be unstoppable when the leader comes back. That’s even if Simmons doesn’t work out. With Durant this team is better than the reigning champs and that’s without Simmons even suiting up. The only Achilles is going to be Kyries availability. He is a must have. Drummond and Curry plus the addition of Dragic puts the team in full contention.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#171 » by NetsWorld » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
I'm pretty sure we get blown out tomorrow regardless. Kyrie hasnt made a difference without KD all year.

Can't let the drama queen off the hook now; he has to live up to his words he said on twitch. Let his ass prove it now.

And your point? You never miss an opportunity to take a dig. I’m glad he performed well, he needs to keep it up and back his words. I am entitled to say that; you really love to turn this into a Nets fans civil war. Let him bring a ring, that’s why he’s SIGNED to this team! What you are doing is something to be done when an OPPOSING fan talks **** about another team’s player. As Nets fans, many of us were frustrated all season long due to his absence and they are paying him to perform, plain and simple. I still stand by that when this mandate gets lifted, he will find another excuse not to play.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#172 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:34 pm

im making an official motion to change his name to deandre mehmbry and stop bringing up his cut. he played 10 minutes and contributed 1 assist and 4 fouls. i liked his effort level and if there was a spot for him i'd have 0 issue continuing to play him in the role he was in but he is a jag. he is alan anderson. while he may have some moments for MIL and can be a useful player he is completely overrated and marks has already been proven beyond any doubt correct for choosing bruce brown over him. there is a roster limit and a choice needed to be made, with the 2 leading candidates at the time being JJ and BB.

you might remember bruce brown from such things as hitting the go ahead 3 last night and hitting double figures in 5 of the last 6 games. and playing tough defense just like bembry. and even if you think his mini offensive outburst the last few weeks is a fluke, so was bembry's 40% 3pt% here. For their careers Brown is the better 3 pt shooter so anything he's doing right now is less flukey than whatever bembry did.

James Johnson hasn't been as good as brown and his spot in the rotation is less certain but if you can't see that he can do more than Bembry idk what to tell you. he had several good defensive series against giannis, hes got 2 or more assists in 6 out of 7 games, and for his stupid takes he usually has some good takes where he gets easy baskets. he and drummond inside together made it noticeably harder for teams to get to the rim easily.

at the time i said i prob would have jevon carter over membry but obviously that's a spot that went to dragic. and even if it didn't go to dragic it was a placeholder for kessler edwards and needed pg depth with kyrie's situation. so it simply is what it is.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#173 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:07 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Can't let the drama queen off the hook now; he has to live up to his words he said on twitch. Let his ass prove it now.

And your point? You never miss an opportunity to take a dig. I’m glad he performed well, he needs to keep it up and back his words. I am entitled to say that; you really love to turn this into a Nets fans civil war. Let him bring a ring, that’s why he’s SIGNED to this team! What you are doing is something to be done when an OPPOSING fan talks **** about another team’s player. As Nets fans, many of us were frustrated all season long due to his absence and they are paying him to perform, plain and simple. I still stand by that when this mandate gets lifted, he will find another excuse not to play.

Dont be so obtuse. you said he needed to show up, he did. same vs. miami
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#174 » by NetsWorld » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Dont be so obtuse. you said he needed to show up, he did. same vs. miami

Your choice of words is hilarious. Whatever man, I’m glad he performed well and as a Nets fan, I’m entitled to ask such from someone who is getting paid mega bucks and thinks little of people to ask that of him as do other Net fans. You are starting to act like Kyrie Stans. It ain’t about Kyrie, it’s about the TEAM.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#175 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:45 pm

Netaman wrote:im making an official motion to change his name to deandre mehmbry and stop bringing up his cut. he played 10 minutes and contributed 1 assist and 4 fouls. i liked his effort level and if there was a spot for him i'd have 0 issue continuing to play him in the role he was in but he is a jag. he is alan anderson. while he may have some moments for MIL and can be a useful player he is completely overrated and marks has already been proven beyond any doubt correct for choosing bruce brown over him. there is a roster limit and a choice needed to be made, with the 2 leading candidates at the time being JJ and BB.

you might remember bruce brown from such things as hitting the go ahead 3 last night and hitting double figures in 5 of the last 6 games. and playing tough defense just like bembry. and even if you think his mini offensive outburst the last few weeks is a fluke, so was bembry's 40% 3pt% here. For their careers Brown is the better 3 pt shooter so anything he's doing right now is less flukey than whatever bembry did.

James Johnson hasn't been as good as brown and his spot in the rotation is less certain but if you can't see that he can do more than Bembry idk what to tell you. he had several good defensive series against giannis, hes got 2 or more assists in 6 out of 7 games, and for his stupid takes he usually has some good takes where he gets easy baskets. he and drummond inside together made it noticeably harder for teams to get to the rim easily.

at the time i said i prob would have jevon carter over membry but obviously that's a spot that went to dragic. and even if it didn't go to dragic it was a placeholder for kessler edwards and needed pg depth with kyrie's situation. so it simply is what it is.

Spot on. Johnson has a bit more versatility then Bembry, especially because of his ability to handle the ball which is essential until Kyrie and Simmons are full time. The ideal would have been getting an asset for Claxton, especially given that he's out of the rotation, but you can't always bank on that.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#176 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:James Johnson and Andre Drummond balled out last night too. Drummond was absolutely critical with his rebounding, paint clogging, and bully ball. Sometimes you just need to dump the ball into him and have him bruise his way to the bucket.

That was the glaring difference last night between Aldridge and Drummond. Drummond was able to make the Bucks pay for going small. Aldridge was a big negative against the smaller, quicker Bucks.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#177 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:51 pm

akhan786 wrote:See how he actually tries to find a shot that he can make? This is why Harden always chokes in the playoffs because his Plan A is to hunt for a foul that’s not coming in the later rounds of the postseason. It inflates his stats every year in the regular season though, so everyone gets tricked again and again like clockwork.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Harden no longer gets the benefit of the doubt from refs, because he never tries to avoid contact with a defender when shooting. Kyrie is the opposite. He's always avoiding contact.
hisairness
Analyst
And1: 1,059

Post#178 » by hisairness » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:57 pm

Missed the game but it's easily the best win of the season for the Nets and the worst loss of the season for the Bucks, so two positives. Kyrie can be an absolute force out there, Nets win last year's series in 5 or 6 if Giannis doesn't injure him. I was positive this was going to be another blow out loss so it definitely was a nice surprise.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#179 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:This game was all the reasons to be encouraged spoiled by the big reason you have to be pessimistic. The trade makes us a new team. the pieces fit. the big flaws are gone. Role guys fit their role great and arent zeros outside their role... on the flipside, Nash is so bad at his job it handicaps us. We got away with a W in this one, but in a 7 game series nash is losing 2 games all by himself. My thoughts:

1) You HAVE to challenge that foul on Greyson Allen. Even if it was a 50/50 call you challenge it, let alone a clearly blown call. There are 16 seconds left. its a 1 possesion game. If you dont challenge there WTF are you saving the challenge for? The odds of a more important, blown call happening in the next 16 seconds is like 1 in a billion. This is a common occurrence. We know Nash wont be fired, but someone... anyone needs to take over the duties on when to challenge. its cost us time and time again.

2) Since the trade we turn the ball over less and give up less second chances. It is refreshing to see them throw up stats like: "3rd quarter shooting Nets 10-17, bucks 4-10". I'm a big proponent that rebound isnt important, but im coming around to the idea that more possesions for super elite scorers like Kyrie and Durant is in outlier. They value of rebounding is increased when those possessions go to top 5 efficiency scorers. Harden was leading the NBA in turnovers. almost all his turnovers are live ball and he usually isnt getting back on D after. thats a big swing to Kyrie/Dragic, who really dont turn it over much at all. These are "hidden points" we are getting a big positive swing in.

3) We match up with the Bucks extremely well post trade. Between Drummond, Johnson, Simmons, KD we now have the bodies to "Wall off" Giannis. We also have the bodies to defend him and make it somewhat tough. nothing against Blake but he wasnt equipped to defend Giannis last year. And with Drummond Giannis putnbacks/2nd chances were almost non exsistant.

4) Kyrie is in peak midseason form. Miami/Bucks are as good as it gets and he pissed all over both of them. And that is with no KD to take the doubles and focus off him. The Advantage of Kyrie and KD is that you can put an elite defender on them and it doesnt matter. Jrue cant defend Kyrie. Giannis cant defend durant. those 2 are completely unguardable... Kyrie also has the clutch gene. i know he He is going to factor into things for us.

5) Why are we leaving portis open and helping off him after his 4th or 5th three? Like switch the pick and pop. dude is a good shooter who was on fire. STOP OVER HELPINGl its such a flaw of this team. How do you not tell your team to switch everything on Portis. Helping on giannis who beat his man makes no sense, your not stopping a dunk of his with an open lane. and you never need to triple team Jrue in the post. if he beats kyrie he beats kyrie, dont leave a hot portis to doulbe that.

6) 2 years in a row we overreact to the middleton drive. we are TERRIFIED of the middleton drive. why? make him score at the rim. he wants the pull up jumper. he wants the step back three. make him a driver! where is our scouting? where is our game plan? terrible. Jevon Carter was on our team. you know out of a timeout he is pressing full court. how are you not ready for it and get an 8 seconds call? these are easy little things. our coaching has no attention to detail and no in game awareness.

7) Bembry is a G. seeing him in a bucks uniform makes me puke. F marks for that move, ill never get over it.

8) Cam thomas quietly with some strong minutes. the 35 foot step back three early in the clock needs to go though

9) Brown was great. he is playing really well. props to him. Mills on the other hand has killed us the past 6 weeks. hopefully he finds his shot.

This was a big win. toronto lost so we are just 1 game behind them and they have looked awful these past 2 games without OG. If we have KD when we play the 2 back to back games against them we could overtake the 7 seed.

1) I'm not going to lose sleep over not challenging the foul on Allen for a possible net of one FT.

2) Having a rebound machine in the game when we're going to have 4 guys shooting long range bombs will be huge. That's a unique situation where a truly elite rebounder's benefit is magnified.

5) Part of the overheating could in large part be a lack of continuity and defensive chemistry.

7) Bembry is a nice player, but he doesn't move the needle. Johnson's and to a lesser extent Brown's ball handling is more essential.

8) Cam has definitely picked up some bad Harden-esque habits.

9) Mills is very streaky. I expect at least one more hot streak and another cold streak.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,889

Post#180 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:21 pm

I'm very happy about the win. But next two games looking brutal.

Back to back in Toronto. No Kyrie, no KD, no Simmons.

How many minutes can we keep putting on our bench guys? They are not used to play 35-40 minutes. Or be primary options.

And then we have Miami. With an injured KD. Still no Kyrie. Not looking good at all.

Return to Brooklyn Nets