ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets @ Cheesehead Bucks ABC Primtime 8:30 EST Game Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Re: Nets @ Cheesehead Bucks ABC Primtime 8:30 EST Game Thread 

Post#181 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I'm very happy about the win. But next two games looking brutal.

Back to back in Toronto. No Kyrie, no KD, no Simmons.

How many minutes can we keep putting on our bench guys? They are not used to play 35-40 minutes. Or be primary options.

And then we have Miami. With an injured KD. Still no Kyrie. Not looking good at all.

This is why I've kind of been hesitant to overly praise Kyrie for last night because he's going to let the team down big time by not being available in games that we really need him in
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#182 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:52 pm

idk imo the sooner kyrie gets back full time the more likely he gets hurt before the moment they need him in the playoffs.

just split the TOR b2b and get KD back. Curry, Mills, Dragic, Cam, Drummond, Brown, Edwards, LMA should be able to get a split.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#183 » by GTR11 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=9xLVw0jjWV9GvVDX1y7QlA
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#184 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:52 am

God damn. I think I can count the number of extended foul game victories I've seen for the Nets on 1 hand. I'm so traumatized I can still feel that Giannis 3 going in. Way to get the dub.

Down town Bruce Brown going 3-5 felt every bit as big as Portis shooting an insane 8-14. I know we all love Bembry, but I think letting him go has uncorked Bruce and was a show of confidence in him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#185 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:52 am

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
And your point? You never miss an opportunity to take a dig. I’m glad he performed well, he needs to keep it up and back his words. I am entitled to say that; you really love to turn this into a Nets fans civil war. Let him bring a ring, that’s why he’s SIGNED to this team! What you are doing is something to be done when an OPPOSING fan talks **** about another team’s player. As Nets fans, many of us were frustrated all season long due to his absence and they are paying him to perform, plain and simple. I still stand by that when this mandate gets lifted, he will find another excuse not to play.

Dont be so obtuse. you said he needed to show up, he did. same vs. miami

Your choice of words is hilarious. Whatever man, I’m glad he performed well and as a Nets fan, I’m entitled to ask such from someone who is getting paid mega bucks and thinks little of people to ask that of him as do other Net fans. You are starting to act like Kyrie Stans. It ain’t about Kyrie, it’s about the TEAM.

Thats rich, calling my a kyrie stan when ive been here over a decade. and on nj.com/nets since before Kyrie was in high school. Menawhile you are a KD fan, not a net fan.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#186 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:56 am

TheNetsFan wrote:1) I'm not going to lose sleep over not challenging the foul on Allen for a possible net of one FT.

wait... what?!?! there are 16 seconds left and we are up by 3. the difference between 2 FTs and 3 FTs is ENORMOUS there. with 2 FTs we are guarnteed the ball and the lead with 16 seconds. they have to foul us.... with 3 FTs they can tie it and we need to make a shot to win or we go to OT... the error is futher compounded when you factor in that it was pretty clear the wrong call and with just 16 second left your unlikely to have another challengeable play.

It was likely the worst non-challenge of the year
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#187 » by gigantes » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:54 am

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:1) I'm not going to lose sleep over not challenging the foul on Allen for a possible net of one FT.

wait... what?!?! there are 16 seconds left and we are up by 3. the difference between 2 FTs and 3 FTs is ENORMOUS there. with 2 FTs we are guarnteed the ball and the lead with 16 seconds. they have to foul us.... with 3 FTs they can tie it and we need to make a shot to win or we go to OT... the error is futher compounded when you factor in that it was pretty clear the wrong call and with just 16 second left your unlikely to have another challengeable play.

The only out that I can think of with Nash is that he's generally so polite with refs that evidently they sometimes give him the heads-up 'don't waste your time challenging this one,' and he tends to comply.

Doesn't really make anyone look good at the end of the day, but it does seem to jibe with what I've picked up personally from a HS coach & a college ref.

Even so, I'm thinking that sometimes Nash should make a point of ignoring such insider tips and make the challenge for the sake of making a point, even if he suspects it won't work. Put some pressure on the refs to do their job better, plus let the team know he has their back... something like that?
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#188 » by NetsWorld » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:

I changed my username out of the sheer excitement of landing our best FA agent of all time. Been a Net fan since 2002 bud. Nice try! And KD shows he is far more committed to winning than Kyrie. Kyrie has testified himself he made outlandish and stupid comments many times. You are the same cat that kept on insisting there was no rift and yet your argument was exposed and flawed. You might be smart analyzing the flow of games but you are totally wrong about Kyrie. This guy said he wasn’t Anti Vaxx but rather Anti mandate, if you are not Anti Vaxx, get vaccinated! And then after the vaccination express yourself how you don’t like it. He WILL find another excuse not to play when the dust settles.

Edit—- I quoted the wrong post but you know which post I’m talking about.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:15 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I changed my username out of the sheer excitement of landing our best FA agent of all time. Been a Net fan since 2002 bud. Nice try! And KD shows he is far more committed to winning than Kyrie. Kyrie has testified himself he made outlandish and stupid comments many times. You are the same cat that kept on insisting there was no rift and yet your argument was exposed and flawed. You might be smart analyzing the flow of games but you are totally wrong about Kyrie. This guy said he wasn’t Anti Vaxx but rather Anti mandate, if you are not Anti Vaxx, get vaccinated! And then after the vaccination express yourself how you don’t like it. He WILL find another excuse not to play when the dust settles.

lies. not a net fan, a KD fan.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#190 » by MGrand15 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:21 pm

Prokorov wrote:

We would've lost that challenge 100%. 2 minute report already confirmed it.

The embarrassing thing is that once again we screwed up a critical situation where the only option is to switch everything. Grayson Allen and Portis action shouldn't confuse our defense in crunch time. Kyrie also once again got too aggressive in that situation.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#191 » by NetsWorld » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

lies. not a net fan, a KD fan.

Kyrie absolutely did say that and there were articles about it back in OCTOBER! It's absurd that he is doing nothing but causing drama in the name of a covid vaccine as a cover. Last year he took time off and wanted to use the vaccine to do the same thing. All confirmed. Believe whatever you want about when I was a fan but I followed this team since the Jkidd/Kittles/Jefferson/Martin/Collins days. And I don't want to keep going tit for tat because of Kyrie's insecurities about stuff.

Return to Brooklyn Nets