KD to return thursday

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

KD to return thursday 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 2, 2022 11:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Trying to be optomistic but i think we need more to beat good teams down the stretch. especially first few with a sure minutes restriction

last 10 games with KD we are 5-5 and a few of those wins were scraping by bad teams (spurs by 2, pacers down to the wire before we pulled away the last minute) and the bulls win we had all 3 stars.

On the flip side our role guys have gone from mismatched average ill fitting pieces to elite role guys. Curry is an elite role shooter. Drummond is an elite role rebounder. Bruce has stepped up since the trade. Dragic is a more natural role PG then Carter.

Beating Miami would be a good luck followed by winnable games/games with Kyrie.

Miami
Boston (w/ kyrie)
Hornets (w/ kyrie)
76ers (w/ Kyrie)
Knicks (no kyrie)
Magic (no Kyrie)

I can honestly make a case for 5-1 and 1-5 (no chance knicks beat us).
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: KD to return thursday 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 3, 2022 12:20 am

no word yet on KD's minutes... id assume they say it will be 20-24.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#3 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 1:18 am

Miami going to be on a 2nd night of b2b. Winning next 4 is a must for sure. We not catching Craptors so maintaining 8th seed and 2 game separation from ATL is crucial.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 3, 2022 1:34 am

GTR11 wrote:Miami going to be on a 2nd night of b2b. Winning next 4 is a must for sure. We not catching Craptors so maintaining 8th seed and 2 game separation from ATL is crucial.

Yeah. beating boston is big too. we wont catch toronto but we can help toronto catch boston. means kyrie could play in the first play-in game. which is huge.

miami being on a b2b doesnt matter a ton. we actually have a losing record this year when we play teams who are on the 2nd of a back to back. And any advantage of a B2B is negated by KD's likely minutes restriction.

i see miami as the most probably loss of the next 6
GTR11
RealGM

Post#5 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 1:53 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Miami going to be on a 2nd night of b2b. Winning next 4 is a must for sure. We not catching Craptors so maintaining 8th seed and 2 game separation from ATL is crucial.

Yeah. beating boston is big too. we wont catch toronto but we can help toronto catch boston. means kyrie could play in the first play-in game. which is huge.

miami being on a b2b doesnt matter a ton. we actually have a losing record this year when we play teams who are on the 2nd of a back to back. And any advantage of a B2B is negated by KD's likely minutes restriction.

Nash don't understand min restrictions. Can't judge this team from first half of the season. Dragic and Harden factor change everything.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 3, 2022 1:59 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Nash don't understand min restrictions. Can't judge this team from first half of the season. Dragic and Harden factor change everything.

performance teams sets minutes not nash

nash isnt coaching tommorow either
GTR11
RealGM

Post#7 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 2:14 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

If Nash clears protocol, don't hold your breath on min restrictions. JV, yeah he might.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#8 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Mar 3, 2022 2:25 am

The Heat are scary good. Won't really expect a win tomorrow night, especially if Durant plays less than 30 mins.

Super happy he's back. Hopefully he hits the ground running asap.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#9 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:10 am

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

If Nash clears protocol, don't hold your breath on min restrictions. JV, yeah he might.

He has to isolate for 5 days. Maybe he'll be back for the Celtics.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#10 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 3:58 am

Come PO if we see Miami, not going to worry about them at all. If Kyrie is full time player I'd say we spank them in 5 maybe 6. Jimmy Brickler is trash outside the painted area. Hero is their 2nd unit do all guy :lol: . That ain't going to fly vs us.

If Ben is healthy I might call for clean sweep. Put him on Bam and they in TROUBLE!!!
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 3, 2022 4:03 am

GTR11 wrote:Come PO if we see Miami, not going to worry about them at all. If Kyrie is full time player I'd say we spank them in 5 maybe 6. Jimmy Brickler is trash outside the painted area. Hero is their 2nd unit do all guy :lol: . That ain't going to fly vs us.

If Ben is healthy I might call for clean sweep. Put him on Bam and they in TROUBLE!!!

Simmons really goes a long way to help us in that matchup. it gives us 2 guys who can defend 4 spots at an elite level and makes it so KD doesnt need to guard their best player.

Lowry not being what he was the past couple years is big for us too. he looks to have fallen off quite a bit
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#12 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 4:19 am

Not a moment too soon, Hallelujah!

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, Kevin is going to have the weight of the world on his shoulders as soon as he returns. As others have mentioned, the supporting cast has improved during his absence, so hopefully he can gel with the new guys immediately and steer this ship back in the right direction.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#13 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 3, 2022 1:08 pm

I hope KD is ready for that 38 to 40 min work load.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#14 » by Claud » Thu Mar 3, 2022 6:07 pm

KD will have to carry a la VC after we got him from Toronto back in the day.

I'm glad he got 6 weeks of rest because I can see Nash playing him close to 40mpg for the rest of the season.

Happy to have the best player in the league back.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#15 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 6:44 pm

Hope KD is closer to 99% good to come back.... hate to rush him for nothing
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 3, 2022 7:30 pm

Claud wrote:KD will have to carry a la VC after we got him from Toronto back in the day.

I'm glad he got 6 weeks of rest because I can see Nash playing him close to 40mpg for the rest of the season.

Happy to have the best player in the league back.

Yeah but VC had Kidd when they went on that epic post all star break run to the playoffs. Kyrie is going to be available for like 7 games :lol:

If KD can replicate that though with the guys we have here, that will be a testament to his greatness. VC and Kidd were mowing teams down with Jacque Vaughn and Rodney Buford, we have significantly better support than that
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#17 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 9:53 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He has to isolate for 5 days. Maybe he'll be back for the Celtics.

The fact we can't rely on a HC to be adequate at his job :lol: damn I miss Frank and Kenny.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#18 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 11:15 pm

White flag thrown. It's our for taking, we need to give them heavy dose of BK basketball. Having Dragic running 2nd unit can/should be difference maker.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=-tlgnAA4x_ZhArWQSH_ZEA

Return to Brooklyn Nets