Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,875

Re: GT: Nets @ Celtics - Sunday | 03/06/22 | 1:00pm EST | ABC 

Post#181 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Teams ahead of us will slide. the problem is we still need to win games and everyone ahead of us owns the tiebreaker, so thats 1 extra game we need to make up.

Even with Allens injury i dont see how in the world we win 7 more games then the Cavs from this point out.

like if they go 5-12 we would need to go 12-5. i dont think that is realistic

We won't pass Cleveland in the standings.

I mean beat them in the play in and get the 7th seed.

We cant get the 7th seed.

7 vs. 8 winner = 7 seed.

if 7 loses they play the winner of 9 vs. 10 for the 8 seed

highest we can obtain is the 8 seed if we finish 9th.

Well I'm assuming we get back to 8th. Were basically tied for it right now.

Just playing through different scenarios.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#182 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:26 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
We won't pass Cleveland in the standings.

I mean beat them in the play in and get the 7th seed.

7 vs. 8 winner = 7 seed.

fair enough. i dont see it. especially with head to head vs the hornets coming up. that would give them 2 more games on us plus the tiebreaker.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#183 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:35 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:With Jarrett Allen out for the rest of the season probably, Cavs may be in free fall.

Our best bet maybe the Raptors pass them for 6th. Then Cavs are in 7th.

I think theres a good shot we beat Cleveland and Kyrie can play in this game.

7th puts us against Philly in the First Round. I would honestly rather play Miami.

This assumed we win games again....

We're a gm from falling out of top 10....

Ludacris!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#184 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:41 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

7 vs. 8 winner = 7 seed.

fair enough. i dont see it. especially with head to head vs the hornets coming up. that would give them 2 more games on us plus the tiebreaker.

Basically we have to beat the Hornets.

If we really lose to them with both KD and Kyrie than this season is not even worth discussing anymore.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#185 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:42 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:With Jarrett Allen out for the rest of the season probably, Cavs may be in free fall.

7th puts us against Philly in the First Round. I would honestly rather play Miami.

Ludacris!

Weve also had a really hard schedule lately.

Hopefully we can at least start beating bad teams again.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,443

Post#186 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:59 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

If we really lose to them with both KD and Kyrie than this season is not even worth discussing anymore.

Ben Simmons isn't going to Nash proof this mess.

I think people need to prepare themselves for the very real possibility that the Nets don't make it out of the play in round.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#187 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Mar 7, 2022 7:54 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Ludacris!

but what if.... we're truly the bad team? lol

2022 has given me zero assurance from the team, in both players and coaches(importantly), they can properly beat the bad teams nonetheless compete with mediocre teams. Can't even speak to the top shelf ones...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#188 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Mar 7, 2022 8:19 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:This assumed we win games again....

Ludacris!

but what if.... we're truly the bad team? lol

2022 has given me zero assurance from the team, in both players and coaches(importantly), they can properly beat the bad teams nonetheless compete with mediocre teams. Can't even speak to the top shelf ones...

Idk man.

I have to try to be optimistic about something. :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 7, 2022 9:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I think people need to prepare themselves for the very real possibility that the Nets don't make it out of the play in round.

I think people dont understand just how bad you have to be to go 3-17. Like legit GMs/coaches OPENLY tank and dont go 3-17.

We had at least 1 of Harden/KD/Kyrie for 17 of those 20. and 16 of the 17 losses we had at least 1 of them.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#190 » by MGrand15 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 7:27 am

If this was December, I'd be encouraged by this game. It's not though. Our defense was absolutely embarrassing this game. I'm done blaming the players. They have their issues but it's clear that the strategy is to flood the paint and double + overhelp. Every smart analyst said that the Net defense early in the year was fool's gold. We were giving up wide open 3s and getting lucky. They were right. Teams are locked in and getting whatever they want.

Some of the rotation stuff was cool but we know there's zero consistency on this team. Things will change next game. James Johnson will play over Claxton. We'll make life difficult for KD. We won't play shooters. It feels like this coaching staff as a whole isn't NBA caliber.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#191 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 8, 2022 1:35 pm

MGrand15 wrote:If this was December, I'd be encouraged by this game. It's not though. Our defense was absolutely embarrassing this game. I'm done blaming the players. They have their issues but it's clear that the strategy is to flood the paint and double + overhelp. Every smart analyst said that the Net defense early in the year was fool's gold. We were giving up wide open 3s and getting lucky. They were right. Teams are locked in and getting whatever they want.

Some of the rotation stuff was cool but we know there's zero consistency on this team. Things will change next game. James Johnson will play over Claxton. We'll make life difficult for KD. We won't play shooters. It feels like this coaching staff as a whole isn't NBA caliber.

Absolute Busch league stuff. I am done thinking this team will remotely go anywhere without a coaching overhaul.

the Nets are way to easy to score on because we give up a ton of wide open threes. Common sense basketball says your best bet is to give up contested twos and take away the open 3 point opportunities and yet we are switching everything, overhelping in the paint and leaving NBA shooters wide open. Even guys shooting sub 35% are going to knock down wide open shots like that. Nash is an idiot.

And on offense, we don't have much movement outside of dribble hand offs and iso screens. Seth and Patty can't get any open looks generated for them. Everything relies on guys being able to score on contested threes and twos. If KD wasn't on point Sunday this game would have been a blow out.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#192 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 8, 2022 5:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:If this was December, I'd be encouraged by this game. It's not though. Our defense was absolutely embarrassing this game. I'm done blaming the players. They have their issues but it's clear that the strategy is to flood the paint and double + overhelp. Every smart analyst said that the Net defense early in the year was fool's gold. We were giving up wide open 3s and getting lucky. They were right. Teams are locked in and getting whatever they want.

Absolute Busch league stuff. I am done thinking this team will remotely go anywhere without a coaching overhaul.

the Nets are way to easy to score on because we give up a ton of wide open threes. Common sense basketball says your best bet is to give up contested twos and take away the open 3 point opportunities and yet we are switching everything, overhelping in the paint and leaving NBA shooters wide open. Even guys shooting sub 35% are going to knock down wide open shots like that. Nash is an idiot.

And on offense, we don't have much movement outside of dribble hand offs and iso screens. Seth and Patty can't get any open looks generated for them. Everything relies on guys being able to score on contested threes and twos. If KD wasn't on point Sunday this game would have been a blow out.

Further, we dont use our guys to their strengths or design stuff to put pressure on the defense.

Dumping to KD in the mid-baseline post makes it SUPER easy to double him, and with the end-line as an extra defender you can front it and make it a tough pass. We saw PJ tucker do this in the playoffs.

We could instead hunt a switch on a pick and roll and then run off ball action with mis matches. like we did vs brook lopez but then abandoned it despit us cooking it to the tune of 50 KD points. We run these dribble handoffs which you can go under because no threat of a quick shot and double or shoot the gap easy cause its super predictble.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#193 » by Dannyboy36 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 6:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I’m a Celtics fan and we know the defensive player Simmons is though. I can’t stand Kyrie . Never wanTed him in Boston due to the reason he wanted out of Cleveland. Talent wise Nets are off the chart but opposing fans are counting on Kyrie to once more publicly blame at least 1 more person in the Nets organization. That’s my hope. You guys are so talented.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#194 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 8, 2022 7:30 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I’m a Celtics fan and we know the defensive player Simmons is though. I can’t stand Kyrie . Never wanTed him in Boston due to the reason he wanted out of Cleveland. Talent wise Nets are off the chart but opposing fans are counting on Kyrie to once more publicly blame at least 1 more person in the Nets organization. That’s my hope. You guys are so talented.

Simmons' defense can't fix what is broken here. We are poorly coached, our roster construction is terrible despite the talent and both Kyrie and Simmons are head cases.

Be glad Kyrie left your team. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to the Celtics. Kyrie is an absolute cancer.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#195 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 8, 2022 9:07 pm

No

- Rich Rane
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#196 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Mar 9, 2022 8:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Yall believe that Ime qoute was a legit shot at Nash. That he doesnt believe Nash should have been giving the job.

of course. im sure he is bitter nash got the HC job over him.

Some unqualified white dude gets the HC job because his buddy is the GM while you paid your dues as an assitant and have to be he underling?

Even though I had and still have my doubts about Jacque Vaughn as a coaching candidate, he has every right to feel aggrieved too. He was the lead assistant with Kenny and served as interim coach after Kenny left. IIRC, he interviewed for the job, was going to leave, but they woo'd him back with money. Nash said he needed him.

The only thing that prevents Marks from getting 100% of the blame from me is that KD could've wanted Nash to be the head coach as well, which gave Marks the approval needed to go ahead with the move.

If we ever find out that KD would've been ok with someone like Udoka though, I'll be fuming. Marks had multiple opportunities to hire qualified black coaches and still went with Nash. Sean talked about Nash having the potential to be a generational coach and yet look at where we are.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#197 » by gigantes » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:05 am

NyCeEvO wrote:...If we ever find out that KD would've been ok with someone like Udoka though, I'll be fuming. Marks had multiple opportunities to hire qualified black coaches and still went with Nash. Sean talked about Nash having the potential to be a generational coach and yet look at where we are.

"Generational coach." Wow, I'd forgotten all about that. Yipes.

But what a surreal situation any way you slice it. For example, it seems borderline ludicrous to me if a veteran star like KD had actually recommended Nash for coach at any step in the process. Or if it's a case of Marks double-checking things with KD, how does that conversation go?

"Hey Kevin, what do you think of this mutual buddy of ours to be our new coach? He's never coached a game in his life, nor even been part of a coaching staff, but I think he'd be a natural! Whaddya think, Kevin? Well...?"
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#198 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:06 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I think people dont understand just how bad you have to be to go 3-17. Like legit GMs/coaches OPENLY tank and dont go 3-17.

We had at least 1 of Harden/KD/Kyrie for 17 of those 20. and 16 of the 17 losses we had at least 1 of them.

Exactly. And not even a hint that Nash is on the hot seat smh.

Return to Brooklyn Nets