19%

Total votes: 16

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: The Bruce Brown Jr. Decision 

Post#41 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nah it is way too early to write off Sharpe and Cam. Sharpe does have a jumpshot that he continues to work on and he was solid for us when he had to play mins due to covid/injury. Solid rebounder and he's 6'11 260+ that is not an undersized kid at all.

Maybe undersized was the wrong word. he doesnt have great size/length/wingspan. it is unlikely he develops into a shot blocker. As far as his jump shot he shot 0% from three in college and 28% this year on almost no attempts. i dont know there is any evidence he has a jump shot. could he add one? sure, but you could say that about every bigman under 22 as well. He has no exsisting desired NBA skill.

If Cam can develop that three point shot he will be a solid pro. That in itself will increase his value.

Well he is shooting 28% from three and just 32% from the college line. He also wouldnt just need to be an average shooter from three, he would need to be a really good one, since the only value he adds is scoring. It isnt like Bruce Brown where if he adds a three he becomes an outstanding 3 & D player and above avg athlete. Cam isnt a very good athlete, isnt a very good defender and at 6'4" doesnt have great size.

This isnt being "down" on these guys or "not giving them a chance"

we are talking about 2 very late 1st round picks, a second round pick, and an undrafted rookie. the odds any of them become a long-term rotation player is low. The warriors young guys have the advantage that they all come in with at least 1 desirable NBA ready skill.

Edwards is the only guy we have like that

Why does Sharpe's three point shooting percentage matter? You don't need your backup C shooting 3s. Drummond doesn't, Claxton doesn't.

Cam's shot is not broken. He can definitely improve. It's unlikely he becomes a starter on a contender, but he can definitely get a team buckets & allow them to tread water while stars are getting a breather.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#42 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:52 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Why does Sharpe's three point shooting percentage matter? You don't need your backup C shooting 3s. Drummond doesn't, Claxton doesn't.

it doesnt. it was in response to his commenting about sharpes jumper. he doesnt need a jumper, my original thought was he didnt have any desirable nba skills, one of which would be shooting. he brings rebounding i suppose, but thats typically low on what teams want from their bigs.

Cam's shot is not broken. He can definitely improve. It's unlikely he becomes a starter on a contender, but he can definitely get a team buckets & allow them to tread water while stars are getting a breather.

everyone can improve. the point is, at not point, on any level, has he been a good range shooter. saying he can improve is irrelevant. you could say that about anyone who would take his minutes/spot as well. Until he actually improves, his value is low, since as mentioned he doesnt do much beyond score inefficiently.

this all comes off the heels of how the warriors young guys contribute... to which my stance was, all of those guys come in with desireable NBA ready skills/attributes, our guys dont. can i guys develop them? i suppose. but they didnt come in with them, like the GSW youngs did.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#43 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Sharpe better become a rotation player. Drummond admits that he will be following the money. I would not be surprised if Patty does the same.

Read on Twitter

We may be forced to overpay to keep Brown & Claxton.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#44 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=wKwKf4IYinNriyh9-NwWVQ

Bruce need right environment and mind set in order to be good. He loves it here and been most durable player. I say we pay him over Dragic and Dre. Both can and will be replaced by players who either developing or come from injury. Brown on the other hand young and reliable force now.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#45 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brown belongs on this team. Next year's starters should be Kyrie-Brown-Harris-KD-Claxton. Run teams off the floor.
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#46 » by Fallout_3 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:11 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crystal clear.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,831

Post#47 » by Karate Diop » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:11 pm

Brown is a fantastic glue guy. His numbers won't jump off the page but it's clear he helps make the team go. Need more players like him...
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#48 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:25 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crystal clear.

What blows my mind is that those 4 have only had 44 minutes on the court together.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,834

Post#49 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:31 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Fallout_3 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crystal clear.

What blows my mind is that those 4 have only had 44 minutes on the court together.

What happened to the Nets analytics team? Did all of that get thrown out in the trash?

That unit should be finishing games.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:35 pm

As a starter, Bruce Brown is averaging 12/5/3 on 51/42/78 60% TS. His post ASB numbers are even better

This guy is hitting 40% of his 3 pointers. I'm almost stunned at this turnaround. Bruce has really worked hard and deserves a new contract

Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#51 » by Fallout_3 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:45 pm

Kyrie-Curry-BB-KD-Claxton/Simmons and we're good.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#52 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:24 pm

Bruce is awesome. Not sure we have any shot of keeping him though.

I still prioritize keeping Claxton. Harris prob takes most of his minutes anyway.

I think he gets paid.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#53 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:26 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:Kyrie-Curry-BB-KD-Claxton/Simmons and we're good.

I completely forgot about Simmons. I think we should look at Brown/Simmons/Claxton as a trio that we'd like 2 of on the floor at all times. Nominally, we'll call them the PF/C rotation.

I don't love a Kyrie+Seth+Brown combo. I think that's too short. We can get away with it at times, but not against most teams for long stretches. Pair Brown with Harris & Simmons with Curry if Kyrie is in the game.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#54 » by Claud » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:09 pm

Kyle Korver did wonders for his jumpshot.

BB has improved every season here in BK + is a fan favorite.

Would love to keep him + Clax going forward. Not sure if it's possible though.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,238

Post#55 » by Papi_swav » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:43 pm

His shot is giving him new life. He's kind of becoming important to what we got here right now. Simmons can definitely do what Bruce does and more but with the way Brown shooting now it adds a whole lot more value. I hope Simmons can surprise us and shoot the 3 like this.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#56 » by NetsJets » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:44 pm

I don’t think Bruce’s 3 point shooting is sustainable
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#57 » by NetsJets » Wed Apr 6, 2022 9:24 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crystal clear.

Funny you posted this because i said in another thread that I would start those guys along with Mills and have Seth, and Drummond off the bench.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#58 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:16 pm

NetsJets wrote:I don’t think Bruce’s 3 point shooting is sustainable

I think he can keep it around 36% tbh. It's not like he's out there jacking up threes contested. He takes good wide open looks on low volume.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#59 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 7, 2022 5:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:As a starter, Bruce Brown is averaging 12/5/3 on 51/42/78 60% TS. His post ASB numbers are even better

This guy is hitting 40% of his 3 pointers. I'm almost stunned at this turnaround. Bruce has really worked hard and deserves a new contract

you dont give a guy money on a 15-20 game span especially when the rest of his career is nowhere near that kind of shooting. He has played great. id consider resigning him. im not prioritizing him over others though.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#60 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 7, 2022 6:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I don’t think Bruce’s 3 point shooting is sustainable

I think he can keep it around 36% tbh. It's not like he's out there jacking up threes contested. He takes good wide open looks on low volume.

The volume piece is the key. He never takes a YOLO or heat check 3. He only takes wide open ones or moves the ball.

Return to Brooklyn Nets