ImageImageImageImageImage

Portland Trail Blazers @ Brooklyn Nets| 3-18-22 7:30

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: Portland Trail Blazers @ Brooklyn Nets| 3-18-22 7:30 

Post#61 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:28 am

This team can't function without Kyrie. They need a second player that can get his own shot and make opponents pay for doubling KD. There's a lot of reluctance to shoot, and too much forcing the ball to KD.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#62 » by gigantes » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:58 am

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:KD needs to see a ton of film and practice on how to react quickly to double-teaming as it comes.

Right, I'm sure Durant is getting right on that..
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#63 » by Jay555 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:59 am

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:Patty continues to be potty, so had sCurry missed this game, this would've been an ugly loss despite BBrown's sterling Swiss knife game. KD needs to see a ton of film and practice on how to react quickly to double-teaming as it comes.

KD has been bad at that his whole career and suddenly he will figure it out after a few film sessions.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,898

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:22 am

TheNetsFan wrote:This team can't function without Kyrie. They need a second player that can get his own shot and make opponents pay for doubling KD. There's a lot of reluctance to shoot, and too much forcing the ball to KD.

Yep. It's going to be a clear cut loss in the play in round if Toronto swarms KD like teams are doing now at home versus us.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#65 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:01 pm

Didn't watch this one.

But looks like the Blazers shot lights out in the first half and cooled off in the 2nd.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#66 » by NetsJets » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:01 pm

Glad they got the win and at this point their bad habits are what they are, just hopefully they can make up for it in other areas. Hopefully that mandate gets lifted soon.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#67 » by MGrand15 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:37 pm

When KD is locked in, he's fine passing out of doubles. I'm not worried about that at all. Yesterday the doubles weren't even the problem. He was just really careless with the ball and Dunn is a ridiculously good defender.

Seth is a monster man. I heard this on some podcast but I totally agreed. It's so nice to trade for a "shooter" and the guy comes in immediately as an elite shooter. I'm so used to having these super streaky guys who struggle for no reason. Pass up open shots. Take 30 games to get into rhythm. Nah. Curry has been a flamethrower the second he got here. I'm so confident in every open shot he takes no matter the distance. I think he's getting more confident in his role too.

Going into Toronto for the play in without Kyrie would be a disaster. I think we win that game but the noise behind that game would be nauseating. We'd be without Kyrie for potentially both play in games. That would be nuts but on par with the general vibe of our season. At least Nash is optimistic Ben is back by then :banghead: :banghead:
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#68 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:56 pm

I love our depth post trade, we went from real thin starting David Duke to being real deep in a hurry.

Seth and Drummond are playing at above average starter level. Bruce is completely rejuvenated and Clax has never played better, to the point where I don't know where LMA finds minutes when he's back other than in specific matchups. We could use another big wing but hopefully Ben gets on the court sometime this season

The rookies are back where they belong, on the bench learning.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Second terrible game in a row. worst 2-game back to back coaching effort in the Nash era. I threw up in my mouth multiple times in this game. my thoughts:

1) Nash is putrid. if you suck at Xs and Os and adjustments and strategy and scouting then you need to be good at motivating your team. which he clear isnt good at that awful. he needs to go.

2) we were up 9-8 and 11-10. That seems like no big deal. but if you watched it was CLEAR something was wrong early. we scored a ton but they kept it close because of how awful we were. a good coach calls a timeout even with us having the lead to get his teams focus and comes out of the timeout with a trap or press or zone or something to get guys moving in the right direction. Nash 0 urgency. waits until they take the lead then watches us just trail continuing to make no adjustments

3) I've screamed it since last year. KD sucks passing out of double teams. it was true on GS vs. the raptors. watch the film pre injury. its not just lazy regular season stuff. Its a major flaw in hsi game and teams now see it and have no fear doing it even if curry and mills are out there. the staff/KD probably dont even notice because they are so dumb.

4) Kyrie is needed badly, but we still struggle in this game with him just like we lost to them with him. if our stars dont drop 50, we cant overcome nash on the regular.

Its really bad and the problem is nash has too many built in excuses. they will wait until they realize ben/kyrie full time still doesnt help and even then blame chemistry

marks + nash need to be fired.

Return to Brooklyn Nets