ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on his Nets tenure so far: “I’ll do it again and again”

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

KD on his Nets tenure so far: “I’ll do it again and again” 

Post#1 » by Paradise » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:05 pm

Despite missing Kyrie due to the vaccine mandate and the Harden drama, KD says he wants to build a foundation here long term at the annual Season Ticket Holder event.

This is probably the 3rd time he’s been asked and has confirmed he intends on retiring in Brooklyn.

”To be honest, I signed here for five years to play. You know what I’m saying? Looking at, obviously this year’s important, but no matter what happens this year, I still want to do it again. And again. I want to continue to play, have this group together as long as we can.”

“So short term, we can focus on [this year’s chances] for sure, but we’re also looking at the big picture of things, too. Seeing how we can build something sustainable for more than just a year or two or three. I know I’m getting old, but I feel like I’m mentally and physically in a solid space to contribute to an organization that’s ready to grow and reach new heights.

“I’m not guaranteeing that we got a championship. But I just like what we’re building,” the 33-year-old said. “And I’m not going to say this is the only year we’ve got an opportunity to fight and work towards something. I don’t think next year we’ve got to start all the way over and try to figure out what’s the next iteration of the Nets.”

“I feel like we can just build on what we have and see what happens. We got guys that are committed and want to be here.”

On the Kyrie mandate situation:

[b] “He’s frustrated in not being able to play,” Durant said. “He figured this stuff would be rolled back by now, we’d be way past this. But it’s the situation we’re in, we got to deal with it, he’s got to deal with it.”

“I mean, what is it, April almost?” Durant said. “It’s pretty obvious that he’s not going to take the shot. So like I said, just focus on who you are and what you bring to the team every day and once that situation gets figured out, then it will. It’s out of my control, it’s out of everybody else’s control. So you can’t force anybody to do anything. So just try to just focus on me.”

“We love Kyrie as a human being,” Durant said. “I don’t think we were ever upset at him as much as people on the outside were. We get that it may affect the outcome of some basketball games, but that’s not the only reason why we love Kyrie as a person because what he can bring to the court. I think overall him as a human being, we respect who he is, we respect the game on top of that.

“He made the decision for himself, so you just got to respect it and move forward. We wasn’t coming in here every day pissed off at him because he wasn’t around. We’re just trying to focus on us individually and who was in this building as a collective and let that stuff work itself out. When he was able to come back in here, it felt like nothing changed.”

KD on Ben:

“He’s doing good,” Durant said of Simmons. “He looks good as far as just walking around and being around the team. Haven’t seen him do anything on the basketball court as much, but a couple walk-through things. But I think his spirits are in the right place and he’s excited to be a part of the group and looking forward to having him out on the floor. I definitely don’t want him to rush back for us and his back is not right, so take all the time he needs to get his body right and once he’s out there we’re ready to rock and roll.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/kevin-durant-sees-big-title-window-if-nets-fail-this-season/
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: KD on his Nets tenure so far: “I’ll do it again and again” 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:16 pm

“We love Kyrie as a human being,” Durant said. “I don’t think we were ever upset at him as much as people on the outside were. We get that it may affect the outcome of some basketball games, but that’s not the only reason why we love Kyrie as a person because what he can bring to the court. I think overall him as a human being, we respect who he is, we respect the game on top of that.

“He made the decision for himself, so you just got to respect it and move forward. We wasn’t coming in here every day pissed off at him because he wasn’t around. We’re just trying to focus on us individually and who was in this building as a collective and let that stuff work itself out. When he was able to come back in here, it felt like nothing changed.”

Its been obvious from the start that KD doesnt have the same view as the fan. not just for this quote, but what he has said the last 3 months on his podcast. He doesnt view this as a "kyrie needs to make himself available" problem.

Again, this kind of thing is what brought the 2 of them together. empowerment, blocking out the noise of what others want/think you should do, and being more then just an asset on the floor.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:46 pm

I mean, it's a fair statement. He literally can't force him to do it. And I doubt KD is lying about Kyrie because when you see him with the team the vibe is positive with everyone so I'm sure he's well liked by everyone. It just sucks that this has derailed our season and leaves us handicap in the playoffs.

But otherwise, Durant's commitment to Brooklyn makes me very pleased. Marks has a big window and he needs to do what needs to be done to make this team a championship contender.

FIRE NASH!!!!!!!!!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#4 » by Eatgreenz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:49 pm

KD just let us in what matters about Kai the teams loves him. You can see it when his there. 100% Nash gotta go or become assistant. Time for a real coach to drive this 911 porsche we have as roster/team, and reach our full potential.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#5 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:57 am

Eatgreenz wrote:KD just let us in what matters about Kai the teams loves him. You can see it when his there. 100% Nash gotta go or become assistant. Time for a real coach to drive this 911 porsche we have as roster/team, and reach our full potential.

Can't reach your full potential when the team hasn't been healthy in 3 years.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:12 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:KD just let us in what matters about Kai the teams loves him. You can see it when his there. 100% Nash gotta go or become assistant. Time for a real coach to drive this 911 porsche we have as roster/team, and reach our full potential.

Coaching has been a far bigger issue then health. We win a title last year with any other coach.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#7 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Coaching has been a far bigger issue then health. We win a title last year with any other coach.

You're really reaching here. We had D'Antoni & Udoka on the bench last year. We win the title last year with Kyrie (definitely) or Harden(probably) being healthy in the playoffs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Full time Kyrie + KD and decent health from who we have here now sans Ben should be enough to Nash proof this team.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#9 » by Paradise » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:37 pm

Next season:

- Full time Kyrie (I hope)
- Healthy Ben 10
- Healthy Joe & Seth
- Curry’s extension, Clax extension & Kyrie’s extension.
- 25th 1st round pick this year & Philly’s unprotected 1st next year.
- Three TPE’s.

We have way more assets to play with than last season. Health and Mandates are our worst enemy right now.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Paradise wrote:Next season:

- Full time Kyrie (I hope)
- Healthy Ben 10
- Healthy Joe & Seth
- Curry’s extension, Clax extension & Kyrie’s extension.
- 25th 1st round pick this year & Philly’s unprotected 1st next year.
- Three TPE’s.

We have way more assets to play with than last season. Health and Mandates are our worst enemy right now.

I dont know that we can count on Joe or Ben to be healthy next year. I'm worried Ben may have a degenerative/chronic back issue.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:54 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Can't reach your full potential when the team hasn't been healthy in 3 years.

You're really reaching here. We had D'Antoni & Udoka on the bench last year. We win the title last year with Kyrie (definitely) or Harden(probably) being healthy in the playoffs.

A real coach and we dont lose game 3. it was the most eggregious playoff coaching fail i can remeber since ive been watching sports. up 3-0 we dont lose and we likely get kyrie back for the finals.

Return to Brooklyn Nets