ImageImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets @ Memphis Grizzlies| 3-23 - 7:30

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Re: Brooklyn Nets @ Memphis Grizzlies| 3-23 - 7:30 

Post#161 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:53 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:This loss really stung but have to be positive.

Full time Kyrie is way more important than one loss. Have to win the Miami game and go on a run down the stretch.

KD/Kyrie can beat anyone in the East.

PLEASE, lets stop giving wide open 3s to good shooters. That will ruin any and all chances we have to win anything.

Tell the Nets to stop helping to much and cover the three.

We gave up 12 made three pointers to two guys.

Nash is clueless.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#162 » by NetsWorld » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:This loss really stung but have to be positive.

Full time Kyrie is way more important than one loss. Have to win the Miami game and go on a run down the stretch.

KD/Kyrie can beat anyone in the East.

PLEASE, lets stop giving wide open 3s to good shooters. That will ruin any and all chances we have to win anything.

Tell the Nets to stop helping to much and cover the three.

We gave up 12 made three pointers to two guys.

Nash is clueless.

Nash's problem is the rotations with Johnson and Mills being non factors; it's not his problem that the team feels that urge to help off one player, leaving them open, to help another defender. Give Nash credit by realizing how we have to play the Grizzlies and instead we played like soft tissue paper in the first half'; the second half he made a great adjustment and to thwart that same adjustment with the decision of playing Johnson who likes to show off and playing Mills as a shot creator. Mills should STRICTLY play off ball and Griffin should have logged minutes.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#163 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
You have no respect for the opponent. Go look at their record without Morant.

The Grizz are a well coached team with aggressive defenders. It's not even a shock that they beat us especially without Seth and Dragic. Nash was absolutely clueless tonight

I swear to GOD i don't think Nash even watches tape. How are we giving Desmond Bane uncontested threes with Morant out of the line up? We should have had Edwards face guarding him all night. Instead, we treat him like he's some dude that shoots 32%.

Milton shot well, tip your cap. but bane shouldnt have gotten 1 clean shot off. they have NOTHING outside of him you need to worry about. double him, switch everything,...

like are you really worried that steven adams shooting 2 pointers vs. a switch is going to beat you? no of course not....

instead we let our smalls get crushed on adams screens and give bane wide open looks. pathetic

Exactly. Going into that game you have to know the main guy that can hurt you was Bane who is an excellent shooter. The rest of the team? Not so much. The Grizzlies are a bad 3 point shooting team and we let the two dudes who can shoot on the team have a field day.

Nash is a moron. Nice guy I'm sure, but he has no business being a head coach.

If you have KD and Kyrie exploding for 70+ points and lose, you know where the problem lies. The preparation from this coaching staff is lacking. How much film does Nash watch? I mean FFS Bane should have been the #1 target defensively with Morant out.

Where are the analytics people on this team? Did we abandon that too? Marks makes me absolutely sick with what he has done

The entire staff/scouting is poor.

Again, force the ball out of bane's hands. Switch everything on him. Make them prove that adams posting up a small will require an adjustment because he is dominating us. There is no way adams posting up is going to be more efficient then bane getting wide open looks from three... and it 100000% wont be more efficient then what kyrie/kd give you on the other end.

no one ever lost to the grizz because adams went 40/20
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#164 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:Why on earth is JJ playing instead of Griffin. It escapes my comprehension.

Because Blake at 4 has been a disaster anytime we have tried it. I'm fine with JJ playing. he has had good and bad moments. you expect that for a backup role big. Blake brings his own issues as a PF. maybe blake is a bit better, either way its not going to make a big difference. we need better coaching to not put those guys in position to fail when they are on the floor.

To me the bigger issue is Cam. When he is out there we are short handed. no one needs to close out or guard him. he doesnt hit threes. he takes alot of momentum killing shots, liek an early in the clock step back 28 footer when they just extended the lead to 3 possesiosn. those kind of shots turn a 10 point deficit into a 15 point one real quick.

Mills needs to hit open shots. when he doesnt, its rough. with curry and mills you can play the hot hand. with just mills its live or die.

too much focus on offense though. we dropped 120 like it was nothing. we gave up 130+ points to a team that featured Bane/Brooks. look i love Bane/Brooks, but you dont give up 130+ points to that duo
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#165 » by Fallout_3 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:40 pm

I can live with Blake at 4 and Claxton at 5 for like 8-10 minutes if it sends JJ to the bench, at least at nights like this when he's such a disaster. I know it's not ideal but Blake always brings something positive when he plays.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#166 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:56 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:I can live with Blake at 4 and Claxton at 5 for like 8-10 minutes if it sends JJ to the bench, at least at nights like this when he's such a disaster. I know it's not ideal but Blake always brings something positive when he plays.

Agreed, but in my opinion Blake is the 5 & Claxton is the 4. The issue is Nash's myopic view of Claxton as a C instead of a guy capable of playing either spot like the Cavs do with Mobley.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#167 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Fallout_3 wrote:Why on earth is JJ playing instead of Griffin. It escapes my comprehension.

Because Blake at 4 has been a disaster anytime we have tried it. I'm fine with JJ playing. he has had good and bad moments. you expect that for a backup role big. Blake brings his own issues as a PF. maybe blake is a bit better, either way its not going to make a big difference. we need better coaching to not put those guys in position to fail when they are on the floor.

To me the bigger issue is Cam. When he is out there we are short handed. no one needs to close out or guard him. he doesnt hit threes. he takes alot of momentum killing shots, liek an early in the clock step back 28 footer when they just extended the lead to 3 possesiosn. those kind of shots turn a 10 point deficit into a 15 point one real quick.

Mills needs to hit open shots. when he doesnt, its rough. with curry and mills you can play the hot hand. with just mills its live or die.

too much focus on offense though. we dropped 120 like it was nothing. we gave up 130+ points to a team that featured Bane/Brooks. look i love Bane/Brooks, but you dont give up 130+ points to that duo

But Blake does bring in those hustle plays and potential momentum changes as well.... our team is better when we play with fire and move...

If not at the PF, why not the C? would it even matter if Blake played with Clax? Blake can sit on the perimeter on offense like he always does.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#168 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:52 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

But Blake does bring in those hustle plays and potential momentum changes as well.... our team is better when we play with fire and move...

If not at the PF, why not the C? would it even matter if Blake played with Clax? Blake can sit on the perimeter on offense like he always does.

it matters because he is a massive negative at PF in his 2 years here. regardless of who is at center. JJ has had good moments. id like more blake too. but hard to play him over claxton.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#169 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm

I think Blake is better than Johnson at certain things. Mainly defense.

Still I don't think rotations is why we lost. Defensive schemes were just awful.

It seems every other game someone is killing us from 3.

Nash should recognize this and make us close out on those shooters. But we never do it.

I don't mind giving up shots in the post if need be. Wide open 3s will always kill us.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#170 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think Blake is better than Johnson at certain things. Mainly defense.

Still I don't think rotations is why we lost. Defensive schemes were just awful.

It seems every other game someone is killing us from 3.

Nash should recognize this and make us close out on those shooters. But we never do it.

I don't mind giving up shots in the post if need be. Wide open 3s will always kill us.

It's been obvious and glaring issue entire season and last year too. Excuse was that we need to get healthy and other blah blah blah. It's undisputable now that it's defensive scheme that's an issue and teams exposing it. Like let's take this game specifically, Griz not good 3pt shooting team by any means. They hovered around 24-28 place in 3pt % entire season ( something around 30% which is bad ) and shot like they had 5 Curry's out there at 50%. MF 50% behind that line, LET ME REPEAT IT AGAIN M***** F****** 50%. All them teams do.

If this coaching stuff is serious about making a deep run in playoffs, rotations and schemes need to be on point. For example when Nic, Brown, Kess and KD on the floor, we give up less than 20%. That's why that defensive rating number at 86 is that low.

I mean I don't know how and what this coaching stuff going to do. I don't really care because I believe they trash, it's just eye test and numbers say we need to fix it ASAP!!!.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,837

Post#171 » by Karate Diop » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:50 am

Am I happy? No. But at the same time with the **** show this season has been I just want the team to make the playoffs playin or whatever healthy and we'll go from there... This is a team that'll (almost) never get up for a regular season game, insanely frustrating but it is what it is...
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#172 » by HardenGoat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:06 am

Another loss due to injuries. What was missing was Curry. And Harris. Dragic. Probably Simmons. Aldridge? Have never seen a more multiple injury plagued team. Nash of course is responsible .. unless they win :wink:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#173 » by Prokorov » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:31 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Another loss due to injuries. What was missing was Curry. And Harris. Dragic. Probably Simmons. Aldridge? Have never seen a more multiple injury plagued team. Nash of course is responsible .. unless they win :wink:

Injuries were a complete NON FACTOR!

We scored 120+ points. curry/harris were not missed nor dragic. spacing wasnt a problem and we scored at will. LMA is not a positive, we are better with Nic/Drummond easily.

This was a coaching/defense loss. period.

Return to Brooklyn Nets