Nets vs Hornets 3/27/2022 7pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,548

Re: Nets vs Hornets 3/27/2022 7pm EST 

Post#121 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:36 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
dWadeOwnzYou wrote:Whose trying to avoid the Nets again? LOL.

Definitely your collapsing Heat

We just beat the dogsh*t out of them and he's talking? LMAO
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:We are 2-11 in the second of a back to back. PATHETIC.

back to backs are games that require more coching and adjustments cause you wont have your best effort from the players. its no surprise our trash coaching is 2-11 in those.

It should be all hands on deck on the tail end of a B2B. Play the entire 12 man roster if needed, anything to keep guys from gassing out. Instead Nash runs a clearly fatigued Kyrie and KD into the ground.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#123 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:05 pm

I just really can't believe we blew this game.

It was a must win and we **** the bed.

How can anyone take us seriously if we can't beat the Hornets at basically full strength?

This team is not contending for a title this year. Our only saving grace is how much everyone at the top of the East has sucked.

Defense is just terrible. Its not our talent level. Nash's defensive strategies are dog ****. Wide open 3s all season long. Other teams don't even have to try anymore.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#124 » by MGrand15 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:46 pm

Funny thing about this game is we had one just like this against Charlotte last year. They played a zone, gave us wide open 3s all night, and we just bricked everything. I feel like the open misses had the team hanging their head.

I don't really understand how Claxton + Edwards played so few minutes. We fell into the Drummond trap. He was doing his thing but Charlotte basically said if Drummond can beat us on offense - cool. We're going to go at him every time on defense and see what happens. Nash saw the nice stat line from Drummond and kept him in WAY too long. Everyone knows that Charlotte is a team where you need Claxton to play most of the center minutes and you need to switch everything. That's just obvious.

We really need to chill playing KD the entire second half. His legs were cooked down the stretch. His defense slipped A LOT. It feels like instead of extending the rotation on B2Bs - we consistently shorten the rotation.

When it comes down to it, one team shoots 53% from 3 and the other shoots 20% - it's going to be tough to make up that deficit. 30 point difference there. Poor coaching + tired legs + Kyrie coming in too hyped. Too much to overcome.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:03 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Funny thing about this game is we had one just like this against Charlotte last year. They played a zone, gave us wide open 3s all night, and we just bricked everything. I feel like the open misses had the team hanging their head.

I don't really understand how Claxton + Edwards played so few minutes. We fell into the Drummond trap. He was doing his thing but Charlotte basically said if Drummond can beat us on offense - cool. We're going to go at him every time on defense and see what happens. Nash saw the nice stat line from Drummond and kept him in WAY too long. Everyone knows that Charlotte is a team where you need Claxton to play most of the center minutes and you need to switch everything. That's just obvious.

We really need to chill playing KD the entire second half. His legs were cooked down the stretch. His defense slipped A LOT. It feels like instead of extending the rotation on B2Bs - we consistently shorten the rotation.

When it comes down to it, one team shoots 53% from 3 and the other shoots 20% - it's going to be tough to make up that deficit. 30 point difference there. Poor coaching + tired legs + Kyrie coming in too hyped. Too much to overcome.

Drummond was killing them inside but there came a point where we needed to be able to switch everything with the way Bridges was playing

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#126 » by NetsWorld » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:26 pm

If Charlotte loses tonight, which I expect, Nets go back into 8 and we have a game against Detroit, with a W and Charlotte loss, we are back a full game ahead of them for 8th. I think Nets will make the playoffs and it would be disastrous if they didn't.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,819

Post#127 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:46 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I just really can't believe we blew this game.

How can anyone take us seriously if we can't beat the Hornets at basically full strength?

This team is not contending for a title this year. Our only saving grace is how much everyone at the top of the East has sucked.

Defense is just terrible. Its not our talent level. Nash's defensive strategies are dog ****. Wide open 3s all season long. Other teams don't even have to try anymore.

Games like this happen.

Before blaming the team and Nash, Kyrie was 5-20 and they were red hot. Can't win a game like that, **** happens let it go
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#128 » by NetsWorld » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:12 am

We are back in 8 peeps. Can we just maintain it?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#129 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:59 pm

someone needs to make the new game thread, I'm officially banning myself from making them after this last loss.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#130 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:32 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:We are 2-11 in the second of a back to back. PATHETIC.

back to backs are games that require more coching and adjustments cause you wont have your best effort from the players. its no surprise our trash coaching is 2-11 in those.

Typical Nash hating here; you never hold the players making their shots accountable. Last night was not a coaching issue, it was a players couldn’t make shots issue. When a team plays zone and you can’t make a shot, DRIVE and ATTACK. Nets were also tired from landing so late and barely sleeping. Nets can still secure 8 or even 7. Hornets play Nuggets and we have a pretty easy schedule.

it was 100% a coaching issue. guys miss shots, they are stars, not gods. that is the problem with nash, if KD/Kyrie arent scoring 40 or 50 points, he cant coach this team to wins.

of coure they were tired... NASH SAID before the game they were tired.

Well hey Nash, if they are so tired, maybe you can not play them 40 minutes and use more then 8 guys. again, blake 0 minutes, thomas 0 minutes, mills just 10 minutes (+16 in those minutes too)

its one thing to lose, its another to lose because you dont make obvious adjustments to obvious issues
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#131 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:34 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I just really can't believe we blew this game.

I mean which is more likely:

1) The Nets with KD playing at MVP level and Kyrie playing at his absolute APEX are just not good enough
2) Nash is a moron
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#132 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Funny thing about this game is we had one just like this against Charlotte last year. They played a zone, gave us wide open 3s all night, and we just bricked everything. I feel like the open misses had the team hanging their head.

Drummond was killing them inside but there came a point where we needed to be able to switch everything with the way Bridges was playing

After 3 quarters drummond was cooked. he was walking. he couldnt get up and down the floor. 32 minutes is alot for him when its not a back to back. if he still had legs and getting 100 rebounds fine. but he became a negative once he couldnt get up and down the floor anymore.

Claxton and edwards are our 2 youngest rotation guys. how they didnt play more in this game is absurd
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#133 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:50 pm

KD35Netted wrote:If Charlotte loses tonight, which I expect, Nets go back into 8 and we have a game against Detroit, with a W and Charlotte loss, we are back a full game ahead of them for 8th. I think Nets will make the playoffs and it would be disastrous if they didn't.

Lets say we win tonight (not a given, detroit playing well vs. classic trap game with bucks up next), and Hawks beat OKC (SGA out, actively tanking):

Nets 1 game up on charlotte (CHA owns tiebreaker)
Nets 1 game up on atlanta (Nets own tiebreaker)

Its a 3-way race now. We need to out-win charlotte the last 7 games. Atlanta we can tie. here are schedules, assuming Nets beat detroit/hawks beat OKC

Nets:
Bucks
@Hawks
Rockets
@Knicks
Cavs
Pacers

Hawks:
Cavs
Nets
@Raps
Wiz
@Heat
Rockets

Hornets:
Knicks
76ers
@Heat
Magic
@Bulls
Wiz

I have Nets at 4-2 (lose to one of Cle/Mil and a loss on the B2B)
I have Hawks at 3-3 (Lose to 3 of nets/mia/raps/cavs)
I have CHAR at 4-2 (loss to 2 of sixers/bulls/heat)

Atlanta is a huge game for us. a win there buries them. It gets tricky the last few games though. does philly/Miami want the 1 seed? Do they rest down the stretch?

Also, Miami/philly/bucks are likely motivated to have the nets fall to 9 or 10. I can see them resting/throwing games to the hawks/hornets to accomplish that.

Good part is, we control our destiny from here. if we can go 6-1 or 7-0 to close out, we are the 8 seed. There is also a scenario were the cavs completely collapse. that would mean we could get passed by the hawks or charlotte and still be the 8 seed. but the cavs would really need to collapse. like 2-5 to finish out.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#134 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:If Charlotte loses tonight, which I expect, Nets go back into 8 and we have a game against Detroit, with a W and Charlotte loss, we are back a full game ahead of them for 8th. I think Nets will make the playoffs and it would be disastrous if they didn't.

Lets say we win tonight (not a given, detroit playing well vs. classic trap game with bucks up next), and Hawks beat OKC (SGA out, actively tanking):

Nets 1 game up on charlotte (CHA owns tiebreaker)
Nets 1 game up on atlanta (Nets own tiebreaker)

Its a 3-way race now. We need to out-win charlotte the last 7 games. Atlanta we can tie. here are schedules, assuming Nets beat detroit/hawks beat OKC

Nets:
Bucks
@Hawks
Rockets
@Knicks
Cavs
Pacers

Hawks:
Cavs
Nets
@Raps
Wiz
@Heat
Rockets

Hornets:
Knicks
76ers
@Heat
Magic
@Bulls
Wiz

I have Nets at 4-2 (lose to one of Cle/Mil and a loss on the B2B)
I have Hawks at 3-3 (Lose to 3 of nets/mia/raps/cavs)
I have CHAR at 4-2 (loss to 2 of sixers/bulls/heat)

Atlanta is a huge game for us. a win there buries them. It gets tricky the last few games though. does philly/Miami want the 1 seed? Do they rest down the stretch?

Also, Miami/philly/bucks are likely motivated to have the nets fall to 9 or 10. I can see them resting/throwing games to the hawks/hornets to accomplish that.

Good part is, we control our destiny from here. if we can go 6-1 or 7-0 to close out, we are the 8 seed. There is also a scenario were the cavs completely collapse. that would mean we could get passed by the hawks or charlotte and still be the 8 seed. but the cavs would really need to collapse. like 2-5 to finish out.

The Atlanta game is huge in a 3-way tie scenario too. In a 3 way tie, Head to Head amongst the 3 teams plays in.
Charlotte is 4-3 in those games.
We're 3-2 in those games.
Atlanta is 2-4 in those games.

Beating Atlanta would give us the 8 seed in a 3-way tie.

Return to Brooklyn Nets