ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Fire Sean Marks thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,571

Re: Official Fire Sean Marks thread 

Post#61 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:30 am

JKiddtoVC wrote:Marks is gonna be out, so is Nash. Nash will be a mutual decision, Marks leaving on his own terms.

Rich Paul wants the GM job, so does Rich Kleiman but he's unlikely given he has zero experience. If Paul gets it, Mark Jackson will be linked as coach.

I hope this is baseless speculation. Jesus christ i would quit this team
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:31 am

JKiddtoVC wrote:Marks is gonna be out, so is Nash. Nash will be a mutual decision, Marks leaving on his own terms.

Rich Paul wants the GM job, so does Rich Kleiman but he's unlikely given he has zero experience. If Paul gets it, Mark Jackson will be linked as coach.

I hope this is baseless speculation. Jesus christ i would quit this team

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#63 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:50 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
it doesnt take long to spot a moron.

it takes months to train someone competant. it takes very little time to realize you have someone who is completely incompetent who doesnt even understand the very basic fundamentals of the job.

like if you hire a doctor and on day 1 they are like "where does a stethescope do?" you know that person isnt qualified. you dont need to train then 3 months.

The amount of absurdity and limited understanding is mind blowing. Dude got a job interview and past it, so he clearly knows more than you ever did. Which will mean in our example he past test and started residency.

Your hot takes won't age well if Nash will improve on the job in years to come. It took others HOF coaches years to understand what it's all about.
Nash isn't going to improve. He was right 2 weeks in, hes right now. Thats how that works.

He didnt have the facts to back it up and now he does. He was proven righf.

:lol:

You don't even understand what you just said.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#64 » by brook » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:06 pm

In my opinion, Marks is one of the best GM in the league. Since his day1, he was almost perfect. He takes this franchise with no good players (except Brook), no picks for many years e no credibility and finish with bring here KD and Irving.
The Harden trade was a failure but hey, seriously you don't trade for Harden if you have this possibility? And I think he get good value in return when the beard wants to be out at the deadline.
I don't think Marks wants to fire Kenny Atkinson at the time and most, I bet Nash wasn't his first, second and neither third choice. We all know that right now, in this league, star like Irving and KD wants AT LEAST to be listen about this kind of decisions. In fact, time ago Irving literally says that "stars doesn't need a real coach".
It's time to be over with those ****! It's not acceptable at all that a franchise have to give up 4 picks to unload a former player like Deandre Jordan, just because he's close with the duo and give a promising very good center like Jarrett Allen for basically nothing.
KD and especially Irving (with his kind of spoiled child mess) basically took hostage this franchise. And we can accept this if we win, for sure not to see this duo playing playground basketball and takes a 30 points turn around for no reason.
They have at least to win this series and do adults taking their responsibilites.
Nash of course has to be fired, no discussions about this. Maybe one day will be a good or even a great coach, but we have no time to wait its path.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#65 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:28 pm

brook wrote:In my opinion, Marks is one of the best GM in the league. Since his day1, he was almost perfect. He takes this franchise with no good players (except Brook), no picks for many years e no credibility and finish with bring here KD and Irving.
The Harden trade was a failure but hey, seriously you don't trade for Harden if you have this possibility? And I think he get good value in return when the beard wants to be out at the deadline.
I don't think Marks wants to fire Kenny Atkinson at the time and most, I bet Nash wasn't his first, second and neither third choice. We all know that right now, in this league, star like Irving and KD wants AT LEAST to be listen about this kind of decisions. In fact, time ago Irving literally says that "stars doesn't need a real coach".
It's time to be over with those ****! It's not acceptable at all that a franchise have to give up 4 picks to unload a former player like Deandre Jordan, just because he's close with the duo and give a promising very good center like Jarrett Allen for basically nothing.
KD and especially Irving (with his kind of spoiled child mess) basically took hostage this franchise. And we can accept this if we win, for sure not to see this duo playing playground basketball and takes a 30 points turn around for no reason.
They have at least to win this series and do adults taking their responsibilites.
Nash of course has to be fired, no discussions about this. Maybe one day will be a good or even a great coach, but we have no time to wait its path.

Brain Lewis has a piece on Kenny's departure. He wrote that Tsai went to several players to ask for opinion. Next thing we know Kenny quit.

2. Getting Harden at that time was no brainer. Just go to NetsDaily, here we got thread etc etc places and see what people been saying. Not only 99.9% were calling for it, we had other fans calling it unfair. Just as Saltic trade years back. Now :lol: well you see it. Ok, guess who had video call with Harden before he was moved? Also if you think getting Harden away from Morey wasn't intentional, think again.

3. Don't get fooled man or believe anyone Hypothetical theories. Tsai been making decisions behind scenes and was flying under the radar for some time. Marks is about development and system, Nash is a rookie who has no clue. Marks knew him from years past ( he's teammate back in PHX ), think he'd hire him inspite his beliefs? I highly doubt it.

Bottom line here is that you don't fire top 5 GM who build this team. Literally created environment that players talk about. We will be alright, we just need coach.
Educator
Junior
And1: 406

Post#66 » by Educator » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:22 pm

GTR11 wrote:
brook wrote:In my opinion, Marks is one of the best GM in the league. Since his day1, he was almost perfect. He takes this franchise with no good players (except Brook), no picks for many years e no credibility and finish with bring here KD and Irving.

Brain Lewis has a piece on Kenny's departure. He wrote that Tsai went to several players to ask for opinion. Next thing we know Kenny quit.

2. Getting Harden at that time was no brainer. Just go to NetsDaily, here we got thread etc etc places and see what people been saying. Not only 99.9% were calling for it, we had other fans calling it unfair. Just as Saltic trade years back. Now :lol: well you see it. Ok, guess who had video call with Harden before he was moved? Also if you think getting Harden away from Morey wasn't intentional, think again.

3. Don't get fooled man or believe anyone Hypothetical theories. Tsai been making decisions behind scenes and was flying under the radar for some time. Marks is about development and system, Nash is a rookie who has no clue. Marks knew him from years past ( he's teammate back in PHX ), think he'd hire him inspite his beliefs? I highly doubt it.

Bottom line here is that you don't fire top 5 GM who build this team. Literally created environment that players talk about. We will be alright, we just need coach.

That 'environment' has been polluted and eroded by the egomaniac stars. This season has been a circus, LMA and Griffin are benched, and James Johnson was waived right before the playoffs. Does that look good or like something players will still want to be a part of?
GTR11
RealGM

Post#67 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:37 pm

Educator wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

That 'environment' has been polluted and eroded by the egomaniac stars. This season has been a circus, LMA and Griffin are benched, and James Johnson was waived right before the playoffs. Does that look good or like something players will still want to be a part of?

Do you see them being disgruntled? They could've easily bailed out and no one would say damn thing ( Sapp did, he bounced with Harden ) Saying eroded/polluted is way exaggerated. I'm not going to speculate or guess here, won't pretend everything is guicci either. One thing I know for fact these guys love player friendly environment and reason why they here.
Educator
Junior
And1: 406

Post#68 » by Educator » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Do you really expect them to say anything during the playoffs?

I don't know what the environment is like now, but I think it's safe to assume it is not as welcoming as it was a year ago.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#69 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:32 pm

Educator wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

The environment Marks created that was attractive is no longer in existence.

Once Kenny got fired/quit because of DeAndre Jordan's bum ass, it was the beginning of a downward spiral.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:34 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Educator wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Brain Lewis has a piece on Kenny's departure. He wrote that Tsai went to several players to ask for opinion. Next thing we know Kenny quit.

Do you see them being disgruntled? They could've easily bailed out and no one would say damn thing ( Sapp did, he bounced with Harden ) Saying eroded/polluted is way exaggerated. I'm not going to speculate or guess here, won't pretend everything is guicci either. One thing I know for fact these guys love player friendly environment and reason why they here.

Blake commented on social media about his benching. He will be the first one to head for the hills once this disaster of a season goes up in smoke.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#71 » by GTR11 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Educator wrote:

Blake commented on social media about his benching. He will be the first one to head for the hills once this disaster of a season goes up in smoke.

Nash doing him dirty, no words here. However with Ben being main guy around from now on, we going to need stretch five who can rebound. Ideally be mobile and be able to switch and play on perimeter. Kelly Olynyk or Myles Turner would be great.
LebronSuperTeam
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#72 » by LebronSuperTeam » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:59 am

GTR11 wrote:
Educator wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Brain Lewis has a piece on Kenny's departure. He wrote that Tsai went to several players to ask for opinion. Next thing we know Kenny quit.

Isn't Harden bouncing enough of an evidence? Plus Blake Griffin speaking out.

The rest of the guys doesn't matter. The only people confirmed under contract next season are KD, Kyrie, Seth, Harris and Simmons. Out of the 5, two aren't even playing right now and one has only just joined mid season. None of them are in the position to bitch and bail out.

The rest of the guys only have one year left on their contracts and can bounce after this season. Or they are rookies. These guys are just happy to get playing time to showcase themselves and earn their next contract, or just happy to be able to play in their first year. They aren't in a position to bail out, they are hoping to be able to prove themselves so they can bail out next season.

You will get to see the real fallout next season when Drummond leaves, Patty leaves etc.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:06 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Do you see them being disgruntled? They could've easily bailed out and no one would say damn thing ( Sapp did, he bounced with Harden ) Saying eroded/polluted is way exaggerated. I'm not going to speculate or guess here, won't pretend everything is guicci either. One thing I know for fact these guys love player friendly environment and reason why they here.

Nash doing him dirty, no words here. However with Ben being main guy around from now on, we going to need stretch five who can rebound. Ideally be mobile and be able to switch and play on perimeter. Kelly Olynyk or Myles Turner would be great.

Yeah i think that obtaining a stretch 5 will be imperative

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:52 am

Up. Give me a good reason why he shouldn't be fired.

bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#75 » by bubonicphoniks » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:10 am

Just fire Nash. Dont care about Marks. I need Nash out of my life.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#76 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:04 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Do you see them being disgruntled? They could've easily bailed out and no one would say damn thing ( Sapp did, he bounced with Harden ) Saying eroded/polluted is way exaggerated. I'm not going to speculate or guess here, won't pretend everything is guicci either. One thing I know for fact these guys love player friendly environment and reason why they here.

If Nash is back, which it seems like he will be, agree a stretch 5 is imperitive.

nash cant run an offense and cant adjust. which means you need 4 shooters around ben at all time.
LebronSuperTeam
Ballboy

Post#77 » by LebronSuperTeam » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:40 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

If Nash is back, which it seems like he will be, agree a stretch 5 is imperitive.

nash cant run an offense and cant adjust. which means you need 4 shooters around ben at all time.

Who are you gonna trade to get the stretch 5? Kyrie?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#78 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:03 am

LebronSuperTeam wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Nash doing him dirty, no words here. However with Ben being main guy around from now on, we going to need stretch five who can rebound. Ideally be mobile and be able to switch and play on perimeter. Kelly Olynyk or Myles Turner would be great.

Harris, thomas, mills, 2 firsts

some combination of that
LebronSuperTeam
Ballboy

Post#79 » by LebronSuperTeam » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:45 am

Prokorov wrote:
LebronSuperTeam wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Harris, thomas, mills, 2 firsts

some combination of that

Mills is a free agent.

You gonna trade away all the the depth for a center? who else is going to come off the bench?
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#80 » by Netaman » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:25 pm

firing marks continues to be the stupidest knee jerk reaction imo.

KD just played his 3 worst games in a row as a professional. He has averaged more turnovers through 3 games than any player in postseason history. we've all watched the games, a lot of them are simple, careless plays he hadn't made once in the 2 full years prior. Including when the Bucks were selling out and playing him physical with PJ Tucker. Pretty much every role player on the roster has stepped up. Brown, Curry, Dragic, Claxton, and now even Blake have done what they could to turn in performances that gave this team chances to win each of these 3 games while KD **** the bed 3x in a row.

Nash sucks but that's correctable.
Kyrie has always been unreliable in every sense.

The cornerstone of any championship team is it's MVP player. The franchise has been operating as if KD is on Lebron's level and through 1.9999 years he was. The last 3 games are an earthquake of unimaginable magnitude because like it or not KD is Deron Williams'ing right in front of our eyes. We need to pray it's as simple as Nash played him too many minutes down the stretch.

Return to Brooklyn Nets