Nets vs Rockets - April 5 7:30PM

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,977

Re: Nets vs Rockets - April 5 7:30PM 

Post#81 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:24 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Thoughts on Bruce Brown? He's hitting threes and is consistently pouring in multi category production

He's playing out of his mind and easily our 3rd most important player right now

You can make an argument he's arguably our best off-ball player, defensive player and transition player all at once. And he's shooting better than some of our shooters lately.

There is no argument, he is our best off-ball player and transition player , if it goes between him and Patty , BB is the must retain off-season
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,977

Post#82 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:26 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Play-in opponent preference?
1) Cleveland
2) Atlanta
3) Charlotte

Whoever is 7th or 8th
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#83 » by NetsJets » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:37 am

1) Cleveland
2) Atlanta
3) Charlotte

Cleveland
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#84 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:38 am

NetsJets wrote:
1) Cleveland
2) Atlanta
3) Charlotte

Cleveland

Cleveland by far. They look done.

Atlanta I want no part of. Trae is scary.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#85 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:40 am

Not a good win at all. But I'll take it.

Good to see us win with KD having an off game.

But doesn't give me much confidence we can beat the Knicks tomorrow.

Mills legitimately looks washed. I think he might need to retire. Literally can't make anything.

Aldridge looked terrible, but in his defense hasn't played in a month.

Nash refuses to play Griffin under any circumstances when he is clearly better than either Johnson or Aldridge.

Makes no sense.

On the bright side, Bruce looks incredible.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#86 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:50 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Thoughts on Bruce Brown? He's hitting threes and is consistently pouring in multi category production

Like Sash said, he's playing out of his mind.... an x factor for us last yr is now potentially a double x factor once again with this added 3ball shot.

We gotta hope he can continue the spark
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#87 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:00 am

Hopefully we see Blake tomorrow night
The ModFather

Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#88 » by Fallout_3 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 12:06 pm

Isn't it basketball basics that if you're up 10 with 3-4 minutes left all you have to do is slow down the pace, take care of the ball and spend most part of the possession time before taking a shot? Maybe it's not that obvious, idk anymore.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,903

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 6, 2022 12:20 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:Isn't it basketball basics that if you're up 10 with 3-4 minutes left all you have to do is slow down the pace, take care of the ball and spend most part of the possession time before taking a shot? Maybe it's not that obvious, idk anymore.

That only happens on teams that have actual coaching.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#90 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:06 pm

Guess I should prolong this thread rather than branching it off to a new one.

Elephant room(per the fans/me), Kessler Edwards.

What is going to happen? I'll start with the negatives, yes there the clear classic rookie mistakes he makes, mostly is overreacting on sequences and not slowing the game down mentally for him... that's it. That would've been clearly treated had he been playing more and more once we started losing Wing players as well as he was showing some positive attributes.

The positives, its very clear that he helps fills the wing void on both ends much more than either going small or big in those areas.

So what happens? as a 2 way, he can't play in the playoffs.... if they are not going to bring him on then are we not doing ourselves a disservice to the team by creating a contributing role for him down this stretch only to be yanked away in the now most important games of the year? His ability to stretch really helps out 7/11, even if not consistent yet but maybe more looks and work with Korver he can drop 2-3 a game consistently.

If to cut, who? JJ is the fan favorite to be sliced. LMA retire? almost too soon for that. We want Blake to actually play so no there.

This is stupid by the NBA, injuries happen after Jan, they should create a full year IR designation for late season injuries that rules a player out for the whole season. It's stupid that there isn't....
The ModFather

Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#91 » by Fallout_3 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:34 pm

I'm sure this is the reason why he isn't playing much more. Because the alternative is that all are blind. But it would be ridiculous to get rid of him for the POs while Griffin and LMA are on the bench chilling full time. He deserves to play them.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#92 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:23 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Guess I should prolong this thread rather than branching it off to a new one.

What is going to happen? I'll start with the negatives, yes there the clear classic rookie mistakes he makes, mostly is overreacting on sequences and not slowing the game down mentally for him... that's it. That would've been clearly treated had he been playing more and more once we started losing Wing players as well as he was showing some positive attributes.

The positives, its very clear that he helps fills the wing void on both ends much more than either going small or big in those areas.

So what happens? as a 2 way, he can't play in the playoffs.... if they are not going to bring him on then are we not doing ourselves a disservice to the team by creating a contributing role for him down this stretch only to be yanked away in the now most important games of the year? His ability to stretch really helps out 7/11, even if not consistent yet but maybe more looks and work with Korver he can drop 2-3 a game consistently.

If to cut, who? JJ is the fan favorite to be sliced. LMA retire? almost too soon for that. We want Blake to actually play so no there.

This is stupid by the NBA, injuries happen after Jan, they should create a full year IR designation for late season injuries that rules a player out for the whole season. It's stupid that there isn't....

I want to cut Johnson.

Hes a nothing on offense. And his defense is not better than Kess. He also just makes a ton of stupid decisions.

The spacing Kess provides alone with vital for our offense.

Still it seems like Nash would never even entertain the idea. He treats JJ like our 6th man.

In that case, we simply have to cut LMA or Blake. I think Blake would be more useful. But Nash will NEVER play him. So then whats the point of having him on the roster?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:51 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Guess I should prolong this thread rather than branching it off to a new one.

I want to cut Johnson.

Hes a nothing on offense. And his defense is not better than Kess. He also just makes a ton of stupid decisions.

Still it seems like Nash would never even entertain the idea. He treats JJ like our 6th man.

In that case, we simply have to cut LMA or Blake. I think Blake would be more useful. But Nash will NEVER play him. So then whats the point of having him on the roster?

Gotta be JJ... the absence of Blake is mind boggling... Blake either has to be a real POS in practice or str8 up told Nash he has no idea what he's doing....
The ModFather

tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Post#94 » by tundraknight » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:54 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
1) Cleveland
2) Atlanta
3) Charlotte

Cleveland

Cleveland by far. They look done.

Atlanta I want no part of. Trae is scary.

Well the Cavs play better on their home court. I think it’s important for the Nets to take the 7th spot from them.

The Nets control their own destiny in terms of getting the 7th spot locked up if they win out. They’d own all the tie breakers which guarantees home court advantage in any Play In match up.

I just don’t want the Nets to underestimate the Cavs because of their recent losses. Garland has been balling out and that team can get hot from 3. Also I think Mobley might return for Fridays game versus the Nets after missing the last 4 games with an ankle sprain.

But anyway to answer the original question it’s the Hornets for me. They’re the weakest among the 4 East Play In teams imo.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#95 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:46 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I want to cut Johnson.

There is no reason to get rid of Johnson with 5 centers on the team.

Blake or LMA, pick one and cut them. cutting LMA makes the most sense to me but if youre not playing Blake then let him go.

What happens if Kessler got hurt/had struggles as a rookie in the playoffs or brown got hurt? we'd be super thin at PF. I love Blake but even a washed awful Johnson is better at PF at this point.

Why do we need blake and LMA? we'd need like 3 injuries to making having both make sense
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#96 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:58 pm

What a day. Nets win + Hornets loss + Hawks loss + Cavs loss. Thats unreal luck. We now control our destiny for the 8 spot and with a win over the cavs a real shot at the 7 spot. A loss to the knicks tonight would be demoralizing. We are i think 2-12 on the 2nd of back to backs. only saving grace is Kyrie/KD love playing ni MSG and treat it like the playoffs. on the downside, knicks will be looking to end our hopes of staying 8 or higher.... my thoughts.

1) We won, so its hard to be upset, but damn this game was everything we do wrong as a team in a microcosm. overhelping off the 3 point line, giving up open threes, not rebounding, giving up easy layups on straight line drives, low iq late in the shotclock fouls... offensively just isos and dribble handoffs. very little system of any kind. 0 gameplan to attack their weakness. KD/Kyire huge minutes on the front of a back to back. horrific coaching. nothng to try and take away their hot players. nothing to take advantage of no wood/lack of size. letting them back in the game late. careless turnovers and allowing up threes when we got a lead..

Like, when will we ever be up 20 and be like "hey just protect the ball and dont give up open threes and this is a win". like is that hard? maybe its hard? it doesnt seem hard for everyone else.

2) some silver linings. Kyrie seems to be out of his shooting slump. first big game at home. we need his three to fall. glad it doesnt look to be a prolonged slump. we stayed healthy. another injury at this juncture would be awful. Bruce Brown continues to look fantastic since the trade

3) LMA is cooked. layoff or whatever he brings nothing we need. great mid range shooter... we have tons of that. he cant defend in our switch everything system and we dont need his early in the clock mid range to add to an offense that already does nothing to make defenses work. Mills cant hit anything... did bruce brown steal his soul like the monstars from spacejam or something?

4) body language wasnt one of a team urgent to avoid the 9/10 slot. its like they dont care about winning 2 on the road vs 1 at home. which is mind bending since we just lost to atlanta and charlotte back to back and overall have played like trash. my only hope is they are not trying to go all out so they are more rested for the playin? WTF knows. but certainly not a team that looks like the effort we saw vs philly.

can NOT lose to the knicks.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#97 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 6, 2022 8:04 pm

oh also... KD being a turnover machine vs pressure/doubles or when trying to be a passer is the best kept secret in the NBA. there is too much film on it for someone like spolestra not to exploit it in the playoffs

Return to Brooklyn Nets