CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Brooklyn @ Manhattan - April 6 7:30PM 

Post#141 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:32 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm thinking that Nash is going to have to keep rolling with the 4 shooter line up to close out quarters. That was the best spacing we've had all season.

Aldridge, Johnson really should not see the floor again. I probably waive Johnson and convert Edwards unless yall really think Johnson makes a difference in the playoffs

I personally can't do that 4 shooter n KD at 5 close out if we have a lead.

Bring in Clax or better yet Blake to help with Suze mismatch.

I can do 4 shooters because our defense is so bad we just need to go 100% offense. Just play one of Brown, Drummond and Claxton

Fair enough
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Anchorman1
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#142 » by Anchorman1 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:40 am

Kyrie playing the entire second half after fasting. KD in god mode in the 4th. S3th back with a bang! Patty FINALLY breaking out of his slump!

Another incredible comeback against the Knicks. Love it!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#143 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:47 am

I got super butthurt and boycotted the game after the third.

Good to see us get a win.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#144 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Patty, Seth, Dragic, Kyrie, KD, Edwards (Pick 4)

Drummond, Bruce, Claxton (Pick 1)

No one else needs to play.

What if Morpheus told you... Edwards wasn't real.

Lol
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#145 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:04 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I got super butthurt and boycotted the game after the third.

Good to see us get a win.

No one would blame you..

I was tempted too but the run at the end kept me in.
The ModFather

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#146 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:09 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm thinking that Nash is going to have to keep rolling with the 4 shooter line up to close out quarters. That was the best spacing we've had all season.

Aldridge, Johnson really should not see the floor again. I probably waive Johnson and convert Edwards unless yall really think Johnson makes a difference in the playoffs

I'd definitely convert Kessler at the expense of Johnson right now. He's a threat from 3, doesn't make dumb plays and plays hard on D without fouling.

Better than JJ, by enough to it's worth the downgrade in experience
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#147 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:12 am

I think its comical that Griffin still can't see the floor.

I want to cut Johnson, but it seems like Nash will never play. Even if were getting blown out and need a boost.

One of Aldridge/Griffin/Johnson needs to go. That much is clear.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#148 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:28 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think its comical that Griffin still can't see the floor.

I want to cut Johnson, but it seems like Nash will never play. Even if were getting blown out and need a boost.

One of Aldridge/Griffin/Johnson needs to go. That much is clear.

Agreed, but I think it should be Johnson gone for Kessler.

Bad look for us if we cut Blake and LMA after getting them as ring chasers for the min. Plus LMA/Blake might be useful in spot minutes in the playoffs against Embiid/Giannis respectively.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#149 » by LOUiS-D » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:42 am

Cutting Johnson to guarantee Kess should be a no brainer.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:44 am

Huge sigh of relief... we really needed this win. Like Calamity and HB I was ready to fire my TV into the fireplace in that 3rd quarter but stuck around with the late run. Props to our guys for gutting this one out but man... did we put ourselves in a deep hole we had no business being in. my thoughts....

1) Is game #80, holding on to the 8 spot by a hair the time to experiment with Aldridge at the 4? When he just missed 100 games to injury? After we have proven ALL YEAR LONG that our 2 big lineups are a massive negative? Also, what are you expecting from LMA really? 0 points tonight. 0 points against the Hawks. Do we want more early in the shot clock mid range jumpers? we can get that from KD/Kyrie every time down.

It took a 19-0 run by the Knicks for Nash to decide he should call a timeout and make a change. WTF is wrong with this dude? Like really does this team do any scouting? of the opponent? self scouting? do they look at film?

2) WTF did Blake do to get in Steve Nash's dog house? Blake is the ultimate teammate. sacrafices scoring, only takes good shots (even if the results on his three are down this year), still top 3 in charges taken this year even with a billion DNP-CDs. dives for loose balls, high IQ on both ends, creates momentum out of thin air, gets his teammates going, etc...

3) When does Ramadan end? Kyrie fasting plus playing 80+ minutes over a back to back shot poorly, props to him for gutting it out and making some big plays late on both ends, but I dont think its a coincidence he went from god-mode hot to chucking bricks once Ramadan started. Someone sneak the dude a candy bar or something. We dont need good Kyrie if we are gonna make a run, we need great kyrie.

Similar with KD. Sam Mitchell said it tonight after the game... forget the numbers, you can tell the minutes are wearing down KD. shooting has been up and down, defense is inconsistent. effort on the glass isnt there.

4) What is wit the musical chairs of offball switching every time we are in a pick and roll. its like the small gets switched on the roll big then the corner man swaps with the small so we dont have a mismatch but then everyone is out of position, pointing at one another and 3 guys are wide open from 3. If you're gonna switch, switch and live with it. if they get a post up bucket, its 2 points, live with it. if it keeps up, stop switching. but this switch but then help but then switch off ball is nonsense.

5) STOP OVERHELPING! STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!STOP OVERHELPING!

It isnt just 1 guy either. its not like mismatch in the paint and 1 guy comes to help. its like 2 to 3 guys collapsing to help. wide open threes all day. How is this still an issue?

6) Bad Knicks team. missing Randle, missing mitchell robinson. Drummond on the floor and the knicks are crushing us on the glass. HOW?!?!. knicks going small with sims as the only big, we have 6'11" KD and Drummond, one of the best rebounders EVER and we are getting destroyed on the glass. Again stop with the nonsense 50 switches and over helping and maybe your in position for a rebound. It was cute when rebounding was a problem before drummond. now there is no excuse. coaches need to start earning their pay.

2 of the best scorers ever but our offense is non existent trash. best rebounder ever but we get embarrassed on the boards by small teams.

7) Kessler obviously needs to get whatever minutes LMA/JJ are playing. hot topic is who to cut. for me its obvious. you dont carry 5 centers into the playoffs. Cut LMA. He is washed, a non factor, and Nash will play him if he is on the team. Blake is more likely though, he probably isnt back next year and Nash refuses to play him.

Hate on JJ all you want. you dont trade one of the few PFs on the team when you have 5 centers, 2-3 of which will play 0 post season minutes. JJ shouldnt play 25-30 minutes as a point forward but he has utility in 5-10 minutes and as depth/insurance at the 4 in the playoffs.

Like the Rockets, glad to get the W but its like a "morale defeat" playing how we did, make the same mistakes we always do.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#151 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:46 am

Also....

The coaching contrast was so apparent tonight. any time we even came close to getting momentum Thibs called a timeout. Anytime someone got hot thibs made an adjustment. yeah they couldnt hold on, but the fact they were even in this given the scrubs he had on the floor and the urgency for us speaks volumes.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:52 am

jeff1624 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Were still playing this Aldridge-Claxton combo????

Is Nash brain dead! ITS NOT WORKING.

Nash is legit the worst coach in the league. He's proof that coaching matters.

Yooooo!

where you been?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#153 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:58 am

Prokorov wrote:2) WTF did Blake do to get in Steve Nash's dog house? Blake is the ultimate teammate. sacrafices scoring, only takes good shots (even if the results on his three are down this year), still top 3 in charges taken this year even with a billion DNP-CDs. dives for loose balls, high IQ on both ends, creates momentum out of thin air, gets his teammates going, etc...

What is eating at me is that this can't be just Nash. If KD wants Griffin on the floor, he's getting playing time. If the stars don't agree with his lack of playing time, you'd hear subtle comments about it. Given how outspoken Griffin was after the Harden trade, my guess is things will come out after he signs with a different team in the off-season.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#154 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 7, 2022 4:11 am

Prokorov wrote:3) When does Ramadan end? Kyrie fasting plus playing 80+ minutes over a back to back shot poorly, props to him for gutting it out and making some big plays late on both ends, but I dont think its a coincidence he went from god-mode hot to chucking bricks once Ramadan started. Someone sneak the dude a candy bar or something. We dont need good Kyrie if we are gonna make a run, we need great kyrie.

Ramadan just started bro. Doesn't end till May 1st.

Also sunset is getting later. So Kyrie will start have to drinking water in the middle of the 1st soon.
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Post#155 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Thu Apr 7, 2022 7:09 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:2) WTF did Blake do to get in Steve Nash's dog house? Blake is the ultimate teammate. sacrafices scoring, only takes good shots (even if the results on his three are down this year), still top 3 in charges taken this year even with a billion DNP-CDs. dives for loose balls, high IQ on both ends, creates momentum out of thin air, gets his teammates going, etc...

What is eating at me is that this can't be just Nash. If KD wants Griffin on the floor, he's getting playing time. If the stars don't agree with his lack of playing time, you'd hear subtle comments about it. Given how outspoken Griffin was after the Harden trade, my guess is things will come out after he signs with a different team in the off-season.

Both Nash & KD praised Blake a few games ago about staying ready, positive & playing well on the rare occasions his number got called. Blake has always played well with KD and has great chemistry with him. Of course, Nash then proceeds to bench Blake in the succeeding games right after those good games.

Nash knows there's a clamor from fans for Blake to play more. At this point he's just being stubborn with Blake's DNP-CDs, despite combinations of Dre, JJ, LMA, and even Clax not playing or getting only very limited minutes in certain games. He even trolled fans by putting in Blake with Dre & JJ vs. ATL for a few minutes as if to say, "See? He doesn't fit! I told you it wouldn't work!"

It seems to have gotten personal with Nash. No way Blake comes back after this... Might as well cut him now and #FreeBlakeGriffin to give Edwards a full-time roster spot for the POs. Blake could still help other playoff contenders who have coaches that know how to utilize him.
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Post#156 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Thu Apr 7, 2022 7:13 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:3) When does Ramadan end? Kyrie fasting plus playing 80+ minutes over a back to back shot poorly, props to him for gutting it out and making some big plays late on both ends, but I dont think its a coincidence he went from god-mode hot to chucking bricks once Ramadan started. Someone sneak the dude a candy bar or something. We dont need good Kyrie if we are gonna make a run, we need great kyrie.

Ramadan just started bro. Doesn't end till May 1st.

Also sunset is getting later. So Kyrie will start have to drinking water in the middle of the 1st soon.

Just as Kyrie is now able to play full-time, his diet for the next few weeks has now become part-time...

There's always something in this team that prevents it from firing on all cylinders.
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#157 » by Fallout_3 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 9:47 am

Next time we can try without a -16 line-up to see what happens.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#158 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:27 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

I think people overstate KD's willingness or drive to have a hand in things like lineups and decisions. He is more like, as long as whoever is here plays and works hard im good. which is probably everyone post-harden. I also think he feels like he is so good that no matter who plays center we are fine. i cant imagine him being like "yo play blake more" just like he wasnt making a stink when we sat and dumped DJ.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#159 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:29 pm

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Both Nash & KD praised Blake a few games ago about staying ready, positive & playing well on the rare occasions his number got called. Blake has always played well with KD and has great chemistry with him. Of course, Nash then proceeds to bench Blake in the succeeding games right after those good games.

Nash knows there's a clamor from fans for Blake to play more. At this point he's just being stubborn with Blake's DNP-CDs, despite combinations of Dre, JJ, LMA, and even Clax not playing or getting only very limited minutes in certain games. He even trolled fans by putting in Blake with Dre & JJ vs. ATL for a few minutes as if to say, "See? He doesn't fit! I told you it wouldn't work!"

It seems to have gotten personal with Nash. No way Blake comes back after this... Might as well cut him now and #FreeBlakeGriffin to give Edwards a full-time roster spot for the POs. Blake could still help other playoff contenders who have coaches that know how to utilize him.

A smart team cuts LMA. He provides nothing we dont have and with drummond and rebounding value he brought is diminished. he likely retires after this year.

BUT.. we will cut blake. if we arent playing him, it makes sense to cut him. why would they cut they guy they are playing vs the guy they are not.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#160 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:Also....

The coaching contrast was so apparent tonight. any time we even came close to getting momentum Thibs called a timeout. Anytime someone got hot thibs made an adjustment. yeah they couldnt hold on, but the fact they were even in this given the scrubs he had on the floor and the urgency for us speaks volumes.

The crazy part is, Thibs made a critical tactical error when Nash went to the 4 shooter line up: he was still sending double teams at Kyrie and KD.

How many wide open shots did that result in? That was seriously bad on Thibs' part.

To get outcoached by Steve Nash is very embarrassing :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets