ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Pacers 7.10.2022 3:30pm EST (ESPN, YES Network)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,560

Re: GT: Nets vs. Pacers 7.10.2022 3:30pm EST (ESPN, YES Network) 

Post#101 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:41 pm

Dirk wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

What are we doing here?

So Mills is switched onto a big in the post.

Kyrie leaves BUDDY HIELD, of ALL people, wide open to double team a 3rd string player in Isiah Jackson. KD overhelps off of TJ McConnell, who while isn't a deadly sharpshooter, can still knock down the three. This forces Kessler Edwards to have to scramble to cover Buddy Hield, leaving the most dangerous player on the floor for Indiana with a wide open lane.

This crap is exactly why Oshae Brissett got wide open 3 after 3 yesterday, knocking down 5 of them.

Nash is an idiot man. You can't justify this.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#102 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:43 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Another "moral loss" i.e. game we won but played like trash, ran our stars into the ground and threw away a huge lead vs a terrible opponent missing starters. I threw up in my mouth like 9 times this game.

1) OVERHELPING. Can we effing stop with this already? its mind numbing. help is one thing but we help when we dont need to so often. like its by design. we help on role guy/non threats to leave elite shooters open.

It's 100% by design.

I hate it but just to be fair, I'll play some devil's advocate. Teams like Toronto + Milwaukee sometimes play this kind of defense. The thing is you need to be LOCKED in. Not just lazy helping where you lose track of shooters. The whole team needs to be ready to fly back and not allow open shots. Essentially you help a TON in the paint and trust that your guys will rotate + contest hard at the 3pt line. Ideally you shut down the paint + make it hard to create offense outside of contested 3s from average shooters. When it works, it feels like the offense can't get anything. When it doesn't work, you get BS like this.

I don't think we have the personnel for it - and I think teams like Milwaukee and Boston are built to beat it. I'm not a fan of it at all but we've seen some games where we shut really good teams down. Maybe if we're just more mindful of the common sense stuff like we are for big games, the scheme could be OK.

We should not be leaving career 40% 3 point shooters wide open in the corner for any reason. I don't care who is mismatched in the paint. I'd live with someone getting plowed for a contested two over the alternative.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#103 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:43 pm

Dirk wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

Thanks, thats the one!

absolutely ZERO need to leave hield to double here. were up 10. we were up 17. let their big at least take a dribble before we send help and for god sake, dont double off a top 10 shooter in the game to do it!

let their big score on patty or earn it at the FT line.

and on top of Kyrie doubling off hield we have KD helping a swell. I dont want to trash talk the pacers for no reason, but does some center i never heard of require a TRIPLE TEAM and leaving hield wide open? even after we avoid a hield three the musical chairs of rotaitons leads to an easy dunk.

this was game EIGHTY TWO!

this should have been addressed by now
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#104 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Another "moral loss" i.e. game we won but played like trash, ran our stars into the ground and threw away a huge lead vs a terrible opponent missing starters. I threw up in my mouth like 9 times this game.

1) OVERHELPING. Can we effing stop with this already? its mind numbing. help is one thing but we help when we dont need to so often. like its by design. we help on role guy/non threats to leave elite shooters open.

It's 100% by design.

I hate it but just to be fair, I'll play some devil's advocate. Teams like Toronto + Milwaukee sometimes play this kind of defense. The thing is you need to be LOCKED in. Not just lazy helping where you lose track of shooters. The whole team needs to be ready to fly back and not allow open shots. Essentially you help a TON in the paint and trust that your guys will rotate + contest hard at the 3pt line. Ideally you shut down the paint + make it hard to create offense outside of contested 3s from average shooters. When it works, it feels like the offense can't get anything. When it doesn't work, you get BS like this.

I don't think we have the personnel for it - and I think teams like Milwaukee and Boston are built to beat it. I'm not a fan of it at all but we've seen some games where we shut really good teams down. Maybe if we're just more mindful of the common sense stuff like we are for big games, the scheme could be OK.

We should not be leaving career 40% 3 point shooters wide open in the corner for any reason. I don't care who is mismatched in the paint. I'd live with someone getting plowed for a contested two over the alternative.

if you are going to double thats not even the way to do it. Patty isnt fronting him. so a small Guard helping from behind does what? Its not like kyrie is going to sky over the top of a block. from the backside he isnt getting a strip. if backside help is coming, patty needs to front and kessler/KD both need to rotate from wing to wing and wing to corner.

the more ideal help, is KD off mcconnell. KD can help in front, with patty playing behind and KD can help and recover.
putrid
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

Thanks, thats the one!

absolutely ZERO need to leave hield to double here. were up 10. we were up 17. let their big at least take a dribble before we send help and for god sake, dont double off a top 10 shooter in the game to do it!

and on top of Kyrie doubling off hield we have KD helping a swell. I dont want to trash talk the pacers for no reason, but does some center i never heard of require a TRIPLE TEAM and leaving hield wide open? even after we avoid a hield three the musical chairs of rotaitons leads to an easy dunk.

Isiah Jackson is literally Indiana's 3rd string C/F playing out of necessity.

It could have been Myles Turner out there and I still wouldn't leave Buddy Hield open. You're going to either score over the smaller man or earn it at the stripe.

Does Nash even watch tape or look at analytics? Does he know that Hield is an elite shooter, or that Halliburton is the best player on their team?

And this dude said he's improved at "all of the above" as a coach? If we had a real coach we wouldn't be sitting in the play in KD injury and Kyrie's vaccination status be damned

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#106 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
It's 100% by design.

if you are going to double thats not even the way to do it. Patty isnt fronting him. so a small Guard helping from behind does what? Its not like kyrie is going to sky over the top of a block. from the backside he isnt getting a strip. if backside help is coming, patty needs to front and kessler/KD both need to rotate from wing to wing and wing to corner.

the more ideal help, is KD off mcconnell. KD can help in front, with patty playing behind and KD can help and recover.
putrid

Exactly, if anything you play the numbers. McConnell is barely a 30% 3 point shooter.

Can't wait til we run that kind of action against the Celtics and Tatum gets wide open threes.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#107 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

What are we doing here?

Kyrie leaves BUDDY HIELD, of ALL people, wide open to double team a 3rd string player in Isiah Jackson. KD overhelps off of TJ McConnell, who while isn't a deadly sharpshooter, can still knock down the three. This forces Kessler Edwards to have to scramble to cover Buddy Hield, leaving the most dangerous player on the floor for Indiana with a wide open lane.

This crap is exactly why Oshae Brissett got wide open 3 after 3 yesterday, knocking down 5 of them.

Yes... even early edwards eyes are on the ball/mcconnell not haliburton.

MAKE THE TJ MCONNELL ISIAH JACKSON DUO BEAT YOU!

i dont care if KD's shot is off. there is no way a 2 man game of mcconnel/Jackson even with switches is going to erase a 17 point deficiet.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 313

Post#108 » by Eatgreenz » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Thanks, thats the one!

It could have been Myles Turner out there and I still wouldn't leave Buddy Hield open. You're going to either score over the smaller man or earn it at the stripe.

Does Nash even watch tape or look at analytics? Does he know that Hield is an elite shooter, or that Halliburton is the best player on their team?

And this dude said he's improved at "all of the above" as a coach? If we had a real coach we wouldn't be sitting in the play in KD injury and Kyrie's vaccination status be damned

Bingo its disgusting the excuses made for this bum, people love to say he went through alot this season and sooooo your the 2nd highest paid coach in the league figure it out. Ty Lue has gone through way worse barely has had any of his stars this season and was able to use Luke kennard and Reggie jackson to get into the play in game. While trash Nash has had atleast 1 star this whole season and were in the play in game. With no stars Nash lead us to 10 game losing streak most this season by any team. FIRE THIS MAN
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 313

Post#109 » by Eatgreenz » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Dirk wrote:

What are we doing here?

i dont care if KD's shot is off. there is no way a 2 man game of mcconnel/Jackson even with switches is going to erase a 17 point deficiet.

Nash is so dumb that he cant even adjust his defensive schemes throught out game. Jay Williams said through out the league coaches doubt Nash ability to adjust in game and proves them right every time.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#110 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:28 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

What are we doing here?

Nash is so dumb that he cant even adjust his defensive schemes throught out game. Jay Williams said through out the league coaches doubt Nash ability to adjust in game and proves them right every time.

Jay has been consistently calling out Nash, he's the only one in the media who watches tape of this team objectively because there is no way in hell anyone can watch this team play and think that Nash is a good coach strategically.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#111 » by Claud » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:14 am

Our defensive scheme is pure trash.

We keep switching even if the matchup doesn't give us the advantage which is the whole point of switching.

We just mindlessly switch no matter what. Speaks volume of the coaching staff, but also of the low IQ of some of our players.

Offensively is the same story. We have no real plays to get KD and Kyrie easy shots.

Everything has to be labored 1v1 stuff.

Dudes will be rundown before the 2nd round even begins at this rate despite both missing significant time during the season.

Not to mention that a simple zone defense completely wrecks us every single time since day 1, yet we still having figured out how to handle it.

Amateur hour.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#112 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:24 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Thanks, thats the one!

Bingo its disgusting the excuses made for this bum, people love to say he went through alot this season and sooooo your the 2nd highest paid coach in the league figure it out. Ty Lue has gone through way worse barely has had any of his stars this season and was able to use Luke kennard and Reggie jackson to get into the play in game. While trash Nash has had atleast 1 star this whole season and were in the play in game. With no stars Nash lead us to 10 game losing streak most this season by any team. FIRE THIS MAN

If you gave Steve Nash the clippers roster/availability from this year they would be the worst team in the league.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#113 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:27 am

Claud wrote:Our defensive scheme is pure trash.

We keep switching even if the matchup doesn't give us the advantage which is the whole point of switching.

We just mindlessly switch no matter what. Speaks volume of the coaching staff, but also of the low IQ of some of our players.

Offensively is the same story. We have no real plays to get KD and Kyrie easy shots.

Everything has to be labored 1v1 stuff.

Dudes will be rundown before the 2nd round even begins at this rate despite both missing significant time during the season.

Not to mention that a simple zone defense completely wrecks us every single time since day 1, yet we still having figured out how to handle it.

Amateur hour.

Dont get me started...

We have 3 of the greatest shooters EVER in KD/Kyrie/Curry. but somehow cant beat a zone? we should absolute GUT zones.

We have probably the 3 greatest mid range shooters of the past 30 years. flash one to the FT line for an open jumper.

it hurts cause its not complex things failing us, its the absolute basics.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#114 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:39 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:
ben10simmons wrote:Will be almost impossible to lose, given Indiana playing in Philadelphia yesterday, and the strong motivation level of Brooklyn. More a celebratory game of our continued ascension to greatness.
8 /

forgot about this. pacers on the 2nd of a back to back on the road as well.

a must win for us.

pathatic beyond belief. especially for a team that always uses back to backs as an excuse to lose

Return to Brooklyn Nets