ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Pacers 7.10.2022 3:30pm EST (ESPN, YES Network)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets vs. Pacers 7.10.2022 3:30pm EST (ESPN, YES Network) 

Post#81 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:57 pm

Pacers are so desperate for the win its non stop cheap shots and fouling. I have no respect for them.

I get you want to win. This badly? This game means nothing for your season.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 860

Post#82 » by Jay555 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Embarrassing performance. Letting these pacers score 120+ pts is a joke.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#83 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:59 pm

20 turnovers. Inexcusable.

We can't sit here and say anyone should be scared of playing us in Round 1 when we are undisciplined from Durant on down offensively and our defensive strategy is absolutely stupid.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#84 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 pm

KD/Kyrie are so gassed because moron Nash insists on this super tight rotation.

How does it help to play them so much if theyre too tired to even play?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#85 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 pm

Cleveland, Charlotte and Atlanta all won. We'll be 7th or 9th.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#86 » by 3pt_chucker » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:01 pm

Kess has to work on his offense. Has all the tools
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#87 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:02 pm

Not having Johnson out there fumbling around has been so refreshing. Honestly. I can't believe how much we played him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:03 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:KD/Kyrie are so gassed because moron Nash insists on this super tight rotation.

Because he's a unimaginative fraud of a coach.

We have no real offensive system so offense doesn't generate any other way but KD and Kyrie Iso plays.

It will be laughably easy to game plan for this team in Round 1. Double team Durant aggressively and on offense keep making us switch because we'll give up wide open threes to good shooters.

hisairness
Analyst
And1: 1,059

Post#89 » by hisairness » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:07 pm

This team is beyond frustrating. Thankfully Kyrie's shot was on today and KD with a Westbrook triple double, big numbers but bad shooting, too many TO's and atrocious defense. Dre and Clax went perfect 15-15 from the field and with 19 rebs, they were "big" this game.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#90 » by Born_Ready » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:14 pm

Is Jarrett Allen back for Cleveland?
OKC Thunder fan, too.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,918

Post#91 » by tundraknight » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:KD/Kyrie are so gassed because moron Nash insists on this super tight rotation.

Because he's a unimaginative fraud of a coach.

We have no real offensive system so offense doesn't generate any other way but KD and Kyrie Iso plays.

It will be laughably easy to game plan for this team in Round 1. Double team Durant aggressively and on offense keep making us switch because we'll give up wide open threes to good shooters.

That’s what I’m worried about.

While KD and Kyrie seem to be getting ran into the ground to squeak out wins, all the Cavs starters played 20 some minutes or less today.

So they should have fresh legs and are hungry. It’s probably going to be a frustrating Play In match up.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#92 » by Stone » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:46 pm

Mission accomplished for now.....but yeah way way to many turn overs.

Claxton and Drummond shot 100% and gave us 34 points that we really needed to put us over the top.

Kessler did a nice job.....He gave us 10 points. Did some good things on the other end.

Bruce Brown another very solid performance.

This looks like the line up and players we will go with from here out. With the exception of Seth playing and possibly Ben Simmons.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,836

Post#93 » by Karate Diop » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:33 am

There's not much cohesion... Which is why it's rare that this team ever wins convincingly... On the flip side KD is so good that when he plays it's also rare that this team is ever out of it.

The play-in will be tight because of the Nets inconsistent focus, but man what I would give to see this team play Fraudston in the first round...
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Post#94 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:01 am

Gave up a 17-2 run in 3Q against a team that should already be on vacation, and needed 40 mins from KD & Ky to put them away. Meanwhile, Cavs barely broke a sweat and will have fresh legs against us... :nonono:

Stone wrote:...This looks like the line up and players we will go with from here out. With the exception of Seth playing and possibly Ben Simmons.

Dragic will probably spell Kyrie some when he's feeling well enough. Cam might still get an odd minute or two every few games (if we survive the play-in). Blake may as well just show up in street clothes and work on his Twitter game from the bench.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#95 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:13 pm

Another "moral loss" i.e. game we won but played like trash, ran our stars into the ground and threw away a huge lead vs a terrible opponent missing starters. I threw up in my mouth like 9 times this game.

1) OVERHELPING. Can we effing stop with this already? its mind numbing. help is one thing but we help when we dont need to so often. like its by design. we help on role guy/non threats to leave elite shooters open.

SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

7:38 or so to go in the 4th. the possesion where Haliburton dunks. forget the dunk. to start the possession Kyrie leaves Hield alone in the corner to double team the post before the ball is even entered. WHY? this makes no sense even if it wasnt hield and makes less sense knowing it is hield. and it has to be designed since 1, it was immediate, 2 we werent scrambling (yet) and 3 Kyrie is too smart to just do that freelancing.

This destroys our defense so badly. we are constantly scrambling. the entire point of switching is to not leave shooters open or to have ot scramble. we somehow switch and dont get those benefits.

2) KD was bad today. i dont care about assist totals or triple doubles. maybe he is run into the ground, which i get, but people are like 20 asssits! dude was a turnvoer over machine who played zero defense. he watch mcconnel lay one up right in his face without even leaving his feet.

to make it worse, nash is calling KD isos every half court set when Kyrie had it cooking and was the only offensive thing we had going.

3) only silver linings i take is nash isnt playing 2 bigs or LMA and Kyrie and Patty seem to be out of their shooting funks a bit. Brown continues to play well and drummond is a plus.

7 was crucial, we would have gotten stomped on the road in the playin and a win at home is still in serious doubt.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#96 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:Another "moral loss" i.e. game we won but played like trash, ran our stars into the ground and threw away a huge lead vs a terrible opponent missing starters. I threw up in my mouth like 9 times this game.

1) OVERHELPING. Can we effing stop with this already? its mind numbing. help is one thing but we help when we dont need to so often. like its by design. we help on role guy/non threats to leave elite shooters open.

SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

7:38 or so to go in the 4th. the possesion where Haliburton dunks. forget the dunk. to start the possession Kyrie leaves Hield alone in the corner to double team the post before the ball is even entered. WHY? this makes no sense even if it wasnt hield and makes less sense knowing it is hield. and it has to be designed since 1, it was immediate, 2 we werent scrambling (yet) and 3 Kyrie is too smart to just do that freelancing.

This destroys our defense so badly. we are constantly scrambling. the entire point of switching is to not leave shooters open or to have ot scramble. we somehow switch and dont get those benefits.

2) KD was bad today. i dont care about assist totals or triple doubles. maybe he is run into the ground, which i get, but people are like 20 asssits! dude was a turnvoer over machine who played zero defense. he watch mcconnel lay one up right in his face without even leaving his feet.

to make it worse, nash is calling KD isos every half court set when Kyrie had it cooking and was the only offensive thing we had going.

3) only silver linings i take is nash isnt playing 2 bigs or LMA and Kyrie and Patty seem to be out of their shooting funks a bit. Brown continues to play well and drummond is a plus.

7 was crucial, we would have gotten stomped on the road in the playin and a win at home is still in serious doubt.

I know exactly what play you're talking about. The same thing happened again where the defender left to over help and we conceded a wide open 3 point attempt to Hield standing in the corner. They ended up calling it a long two but still, it was completely inexplicable.

Make it make sense. We're overhelping in the paint when in reality the higher % shot is a wide open three point attempt.

There is no way in hell we will beat Boston in Round 1 (assuming we even win tomorrow) if we continue to play defense like this. It's not about individual effort, it is 100% scheme.

So what happens if Kyrie gets switched onto Al Horford down low, are you going to run down to help and leave Jason Tatum wide open? Because that's exactly what Nash had them doing in the last game where Tatum went off for 50.

It doesn't matter if Ben Simmons comes back at this point if we are going to switch everything and overhelp. If you are going to switch everything instead of drop coverage, EVERYONE has to stay home on a man and you live with the contested shot. Nash is a complete FRAUD.

This is easily the worst coaching staff in the league. It's not even close. They have us playing defense like it's 2008. You do not concede wide open threes in favor of contested twos. Nash is an idiot and frankly his entire staff of ex players are too.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#97 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:31 pm

You think I care if someone scores on a contested shot in the paint? I could give a RATS ASS.

Giving up multiple wide open three point looks does way more damage than someone bullying Patty Mills for a score in the paint. This is grade school level stuff here that Nash isn't even comprehending, he chose to have guys running help defense while leaving Oshae Brisset, a career 36% shooter, and Buddy Hield, an elite shooter wide open. How does this make any sense? How can anyone watch footage of our defensive possessions and think that this is the way we should be doing things?

I hate Sean Marks so much for this.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#98 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Watch Darius Garland torch us tomorrow because idiot Nash will have the defender leaving him to double team an over the hill Kevin Love on a mismatch.

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,056

Post#99 » by Dirk » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SOMEONE PULL THIS CLIP!!

60/21/10
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#100 » by MGrand15 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:Another "moral loss" i.e. game we won but played like trash, ran our stars into the ground and threw away a huge lead vs a terrible opponent missing starters. I threw up in my mouth like 9 times this game.

It's 100% by design.

I hate it but just to be fair, I'll play some devil's advocate. Teams like Toronto + Milwaukee sometimes play this kind of defense. The thing is you need to be LOCKED in. Not just lazy helping where you lose track of shooters. The whole team needs to be ready to fly back and not allow open shots. Essentially you help a TON in the paint and trust that your guys will rotate + contest hard at the 3pt line. Ideally you shut down the paint + make it hard to create offense outside of contested 3s from average shooters. When it works, it feels like the offense can't get anything. When it doesn't work, you get BS like this.

I don't think we have the personnel for it - and I think teams like Milwaukee and Boston are built to beat it. I'm not a fan of it at all but we've seen some games where we shut really good teams down. Maybe if we're just more mindful of the common sense stuff like we are for big games, the scheme could be OK.

Return to Brooklyn Nets