ImageImageImageImageImage

Round 1, Game 3 EC Playoffs - Brooklyn(0) v Boston(2) @ 7:30 PM on ESPN/YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Round 1, Game 3 EC Playoffs - Brooklyn(0) v Boston(2) @ 7:30 PM on ESPN/YES 

Post#581 » by GTR11 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:17 pm

Evalar wrote:I didn't realise he was a free agent. I really think we need younger legs around KD it seemed all through the season no matter which team we played if they had pace we struggled. I know our veterans have all played a part but I think we need to get the balance right for the future.

This off-season going to be one that'll set our future for next 3-5 years. Can say most important for years to come.

Let's see what Tsai does.

Did I mention Sean Marks is a FA pretty much? Look out for that my friend.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#582 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:28 pm

Bruce brown has been great... but honestly, his job is as easy as it comes on offense.

He gets to take wide open corner threes whenever he wants and he gets to run a 2-on-1 from the top of the key vs the opposing big for either a wide open floater, a challenge at the rim, or a dump to claxton/drummond. KD gets doubled and no one is leaving curry or kyrie open from 3 to help.

He plays hard defensively, but he isnt some all-nba defender.

if you put like, robert covington or Jae Crowder in that role they would look like superheros.

again, not disrespect to brown but, he is the beneficiary of elite gravity.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#583 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:Bruce brown has been great... but honestly, his job is as easy as it comes on offense.

He gets to take wide open corner threes whenever he wants and he gets to run a 2-on-1 from the top of the key vs the opposing big for either a wide open floater, a challenge at the rim, or a dump to claxton/drummond. KD gets doubled and no one is leaving curry or kyrie open from 3 to help.

if you put like, robert covington or Jae Crowder in that role they would look like superheros.

Hes a good player that wont be worth the contract he gets.

Elite value for the 4 mill we gave him.

I'm happy for him that he will get paid.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#584 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:25 pm

Evalar wrote:I didn't realise he was a free agent. I really think we need younger legs around KD it seemed all through the season no matter which team we played if they had pace we struggled. I know our veterans have all played a part but I think we need to get the balance right for the future.

Well Joe Harris and Ben Simmons are both relatively young and should start.

Its also why we need to retain Claxton.

Rookies need to keep developing as well. I think Sharpe and Kess should be rotation players next year.

LMA/Blake/Drummond can all go.

Cam we will see.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#585 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:30 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Well Joe Harris and Ben Simmons are both relatively young and should start.

Its also why we need to retain Claxton.

Rookies need to keep developing as well. I think Sharpe and Kess should be rotation players next year.

LMA/Blake/Drummond can all go.

Cam we will see.

I'd like to keep drummond. with conditioning he could really be a positive. he is useful as a rebounder. and with Claxton's health, we need someone durable.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#586 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:31 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Bruce brown has been great... but honestly, his job is as easy as it comes on offense.

Hes a good player that wont be worth the contract he gets.

Elite value for the 4 mill we gave him.

I'm happy for him that he will get paid.

Agree. Happy Trails. But not worth paying. we need to upgrade him. Wethers it simmons or someone we get in a trade for simmons
Xtruroyaltyx77
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#587 » by Xtruroyaltyx77 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:11 am

Prokorov wrote:
Xtruroyaltyx77 wrote:Nash probably needs to be replaced, but I wonder how much Kyrie’s comments about not needing a coach had an effect on setting the tone for this team and whether he even has full buy in for whatever it is he wants to do offensively.

He missed like the 1st 40+ games of the year, Blaming offense system strategies on him is kind of out there. plenty of real things to blame him for, but not that. Same with KD. he missed like 30 games and most of last year.

no matter who is or out of the lineup, our offense is trash, we run no real plays, we have no real system, we make no adjustments, and we play lineups that make no sense

its why i didnt blame kyries availability for our struggles. OF COURSE we would have won more games with him, but no matter who does or doesnt play our staff minimizes our abilities to score and get stops. The only time we looked good this year was when Harden/KD were healthy playing scrub teams, and even then we just had a good record we didnt actually look good. only beat bad teams and it took 40 minutes of KD/Harden to do it and we still lost to trash teams missing 4 starters during that stretch

GM/Coach and maybe owner are the top 3 issues right now. KD/Kyrie bring their own problems but honestly that is kind of true for every top 10-ish player. Embiid, Lebron, Harden etc...

My point was that Kyrie basically neutered him as a coach before he was able to get started. As a first time coach it’d already be hard to get full but in, but then one of your stars comes out and says they don’t need a coach basically.

If you’re just saying the offensive identity is missing no matter who is out there, I’d say that most teams look different when certain key players aren’t there.

Golden State has a clear system but when Draymond and/or Curry are missing it doesn’t look the same.

Also, when Harden was playing there was a clear system. He was going to initiate with a high pick and roll and would either attack or distribute based on what the defense showed.

With him gone the offense totally changes as there is no one to do what he was doing. Even if Ben was playing he wouldn’t be setting the offense like James did.

Nash may suck as a coach, but kyrie coming out and saying that certainly didn’t make his job easier.

Return to Brooklyn Nets