ImageImageImageImageImage

What made yall become nets fans?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,895

Post#1 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:56 pm

Yall can bring the smoke or answer seriously, legitimately curious. Im from Queens life long knicks fan, 36 years old so rooting for the nets after we battled the NJ Nets for years just ain't happening ever...

Is it like a mix? Most of yall carried over from jersey? Fans of Durant? Yall from BK? Most NY **** I know from BK are knicks fans so we could never fk wit the nets.

Yall young fans? Any of yall knicks fans that jumped ship? Bc that's what honestly brought me from i could care less about the brooklyn nets to I cant fkn stand the nj nets and the forced "battle of the city" corny narratives from the media to the players. So now I don't acknowledge yall I'll keep it a buck
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,893

Re: What made yall become nets fans? 

Post#2 » by DaGawd » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:58 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Yall can bring the smoke or answer seriously, legitimately curious. Im from Queens life long knicks fan, 36 years old so rooting for the nets after we battled the NJ Nets for years just ain't happening ever...

Is it like a mix? Most of yall carried over from jersey? Fans of Durant? Yall from BK? Most NY **** I know from BK are knicks fans so we could never fk wit the nets.

Yall young fans? Any of yall knicks fans that jumped ship? Bc that's what honestly brought me from i could care less about the brooklyn nets to I cant fkn stand the nj nets and the forced "battle of the city" corny narratives from the media to the players. So now I don't acknowledge yall I'll keep it a buck

Bro… why? Lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#3 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:00 pm

DaGawd wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Yall can bring the smoke or answer seriously, legitimately curious. Im from Queens life long knicks fan, 36 years old so rooting for the nets after we battled the NJ Nets for years just ain't happening ever...

Bro… why? Lol

Nah real talk, no secret I hate the nets. Just curious they can keep it a buck or clown me lol it's cool
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#4 » by Shark » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:16 pm

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#5 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Paradise

Post#6 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:22 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Bro… why? Lol

He’s obviously trying to be a Nets fan. We’re all about to go on summer vacation tomorrow and he obviously wants his account suspended to join us.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#7 » by NetsJets » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:41 pm

I became a Nets fan because I live in New Jersey and they were the hometown team. If they were in BK back then I don’t think I would’ve been a fan tbh.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:13 pm

Reported. Enough with this crap. This board has been overrun by trolls.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#9 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:26 pm

Paradise wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Bro… why? Lol

He’s obviously trying to be a Nets fan. We’re all about to go on summer vacation tomorrow and he obviously wants his account suspended to join us.

Lmao love it. Nah just curious I asked a bunch nets fan thru out the years, various responses, everybody got a different answer. Headed to a christening so dont think im ducking yall lol
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#10 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Reported. Enough with this crap. This board has been overrun by trolls.

Aint no one a troll my **** foh. I'm a knicks fan asking yall a question. Answer, don't, close it w.e.. My Knicks fam don't i dont troll ever
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#11 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:34 pm

7 losses in a row.

Somebody is desperate for attention.

No doubt this season sucked. At least were not the bum ass Knicks.
Paradise

Post#12 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:47 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Bro… why? Lol

Lmao love it. Nah just curious I asked a bunch nets fan thru out the years, various responses, everybody got a different answer. Headed to a christening so dont think im ducking yall lol

What does it matter? Half of us have been on this board since 2005. I’ve been here for a decade. No different to the Knicks board. I got banned during the Melo drama trade war with Knicks fans.

Do you ask Sacramento fans these questions?
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#13 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:22 pm

Paradise wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Paradise wrote:He’s obviously trying to be a Nets fan. We’re all about to go on summer vacation tomorrow and he obviously wants his account suspended to join us.

What does it matter? Half of us have been on this board since 2005. I’ve been here for a decade. No different to the Knicks board. I got banned during the Melo drama trade war with Knicks fans.

Do you ask Sacramento fans these questions?

Bc im just wondering if yall live in bk, yall follow KD, or the knicks sucking for 2+ decades turned yall off from the Knicks. I wouldn't ask Sacramento fans bc they not in the 5 boroughs. Something made yall choose the nets, whereas knicks fans its in our blood m, we paying for our ancestors sins :lol:

I get the hostility but im not even tryna clown yall otherwise i would of in the first post.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#14 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:30 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:7 losses in a row.

Not even here to gloat, first off the series aint over officially. Don't matter what i think or anyone else. I'm a Yankees fan so look no further to the red sox.. Its professional sports anything can happen.

I'm hype for our youth if the FO dont make dumbass decisions. I been wanting us to tank since before the ASB to get rid of thibs, Randle n the vets

One person so far said they followed the nets from new jersey. I respect it. What i figured most transplants from the old team

I'll keep it a buck i dont ever think of yall, despite the reference on the bottom of my name. Yall in the playoffs so it got me wondering
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#15 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:48 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:7 losses in a row.

Not even here to gloat, first off the series aint over officially. Don't matter what i think or anyone else. I'm a Yankees fan so look no further to the red sox.. Its professional sports anything can happen.

I'm hype for our youth if the FO dont make dumbass decisions. I been wanting us to tank since before the ASB to get rid of thibs, Randle n the vets

One person so far said they followed the nets from new jersey. I respect it. What i figured most transplants from the old team

I'll keep it a buck i dont ever think of yall, despite the reference on the bottom of my name. Yall in the playoffs so it got me wondering

I don't ever think of ya'll. Has us in his sig :lol:

FOH.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#16 » by gigantes » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:I get the hostility but im not even tryna clown yall otherwise i would of in the first post.

I mean... what could you possibly clown the Nets over as a Knicks fan?

Your team's been a near-complete disaster and national embarrassment for what... ~20 years now??

In that same span, say what you want about the Nets' lean years, but they've at least had three different iterations of a legit, title-contending team. That's better than most teams, I'd think.

Anyway, to your Q-- I grew up in Philly and fell in love with the JKidd teams. Meanwhile, an AI-led team was driving me nuts year after year. So I did something I've never done before or since, and became a Nets fan in 2001, leaving the Sixers behind for good.

That said, if you want to clown me, I'll admit that I hated the KG / Pierce trade and the KD / Irving signings, but tried to just go with the flow in both cases. Arguably, I should have said 'okay, that was my experiment in being a Nets fan over and done with. Peace out.' But of course, switching allegiance that easily is just too ridiculous. I'd say one swap per lifetime is fair, and the man punched my ticket long ago.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#17 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:21 am

gigantes wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:I get the hostility but im not even tryna clown yall otherwise i would of in the first post.

Your team's been a near-complete disaster and national embarrassment for what... ~20 years now??

In that same span, say what you want about the Nets' lean years, but they've at least had three different iterations of a legit, title-contending team. That's better than most teams, I'd think.

Anyway, to your Q-- I grew up in Philly and fell in love with the JKidd teams. Meanwhile, an AI-led team was driving me nuts year after year. So I did something I've never done before or since, and became a Nets fan in 2001, leaving the Sixers behind for good.

That said, if you want to clown me, I'll admit that I hated the KG / Pierce trade and the KD / Irving signings, but tried to just go with the flow in both cases. Arguably, I should have said 'okay, that was my experiment in being a Nets fan over and done with. Peace out.' But of course, switching allegiance that easily is just too ridiculous. I'd say one swap per lifetime is fair, and the man punched my ticket long ago.

Imma always respect the knicks - new jersey nets rivalry. Kidd, jefferson, kittles... A lot of battles, one sided admittedly so imma always hate the nets no matter where yall move to. But the new ish they tryna force is corny all bc we in the same city. Yall more talented right now and we got knicks fans all over the world. It's a pretty simple dynamic.

Had bk brought a different team to the city you'd prolly have most NYers rooting for them like a lot of Giants fans do the Jets. Don't like jets fans but i still ride for NY for the most part. This my city so I can't help it.

Knicks-nets series was fun this season, competitive, dramatic. Just don't like forced story lines when even thr Yankees can't take the city from the Knicks, they wanna act like one of the knicks rivals gona come in here slap Brooklyn on they chest and takeover generations of fandom... Just corny
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#18 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:33 am

It's crazy. You've got Knicks fans making troll threads, Sixers mods trolling in another thread, and Boston fans trolling our game threads.

I guess it's just open season on the Nets forum.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 669
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#19 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:52 am

I was a New Jersey Americans fan from the very first game that they played in the Teaneck Armory. Used to also be a Knick fan pre-merger and even saw them play in the old Garden. But I gave up on the Knicks once the ABA folded. I found that they had idiots for fans and I didn't want to be one of them.
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#20 » by gigantes » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:14 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
gigantes wrote:

Imma always respect the knicks - new jersey nets rivalry. Kidd, jefferson, kittles... A lot of battles, one sided admittedly so imma always hate the nets no matter where yall move to. But the new ish they tryna force is corny all bc we in the same city. Yall more talented right now and we got knicks fans all over the world. It's a pretty simple dynamic.

Had bk brought a different team to the city you'd prolly have most NYers rooting for them like a lot of Giants fans do the Jets. Don't like jets fans but i still ride for NY for the most part. This my city so I can't help it.

Knicks-nets series was fun this season, competitive, dramatic. Just don't like forced story lines when even thr Yankees can't take the city from the Knicks, they wanna act like one of the knicks rivals gona come in here slap Brooklyn on they chest and takeover generations of fandom... Just corny

I guess it's one of those things where if you live in the city, it's an enormous thing for you. I.e. the Knicks ruling the city or however it is. Sort of like how for most who live in WI, the Packers are the sh-t, and even a championship team like the Bucks are far less revered.

To someone like me, who's only visited NYC and never lived there, the Knicks are so off the radar that I rarely if ever think about them. But more than that, I see very few people around the country wearing their gear, and I can't tell you the last time I heard a convo where anyone mentioned them. Really, the one and only Knicks-related thing that makes me sad is that Clyde isn't a national announcer, and I instead have to hear a complete incompetent like Mark Jackson, instead.

You talk about the media having a Knicks or anti-Knicks slant with all this, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly the ground zero effect. Like as soon as you get out the NYC area, it just fades to nothingness. Indeed, the only time I read people talking about it, it's Knicks (and occasionally Nets) fans on sports boards like this.

True, Nets fans used to talk about (and maybe obsess over) this stuff a lot after the big move, but I barely see it anymore.

Return to Brooklyn Nets