ImageImageImageImageImage

What made yall become nets fans?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: What made yall become nets fans? 

Post#21 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:47 am

Honestly Nets had a golden opportunity to steal NYC fans and we blew it. Spike Lee was sitting courtside.

We had so much national media attention in NYC.

And 2 straight seasons we blew it. Now nobody cares about the Nets again. And why should they?
Joe Bening-BRO
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#22 » by Joe Bening-BRO » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:22 pm

I'm a Nets fan because i grew up in North NJ... My grammar school would get tickets and bus my whole class there. Brendan Byrne Arena was empty and nets were cool so they would always bring our group down near courtside, and then we got to meet the players... although it was usually role guys like benoit benjamin although sometimes the stars.

I was young for the buck era but my fandom grew as i got older during the chuck daly years and also got initiated into the nets curse with DC having health issue we thought at the time was him just dogging it, kenny gets hurt, petro dies, Chuck bounces and then we go on to draft the Ed O'Bannons and Yinka Dares of the world

but home team and i was hooked and followed them to Brooklyn. if the nets didnt start in NJ, id probably have been a knicks fan
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#23 » by Sharcm1 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:14 am

Jason Kidd.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,827

Post#24 » by Karate Diop » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:28 am

Raised in NJ, really got into basketball during the Kidd era. To this day Kittles is probably my favorite Nets player of all time.
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 480

Post#25 » by SeanieWard » Sat Jul 2, 2022 4:42 am

Moving from Brooklyn to New Jersey around the age of 6 and finding out they had their own basketball team. All I heard about in the area were Knicks fans lol this was around 1997-98 when Sam Cassell was our starting PG

Return to Brooklyn Nets