ImageImageImageImageImage

TNT/Yes Round 1, Game 4 EC Playoffs - Brooklyn(0) vs Boston(3)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: TNT/Yes Round 1, Game 4 EC Playoffs - Brooklyn(0) vs Boston(3) 

Post#281 » by Shark » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Big goal for next season:

Stop relying on these washed vets and start developing our youth. All the great teams do it. Look at the Warriors.

No more Blake/LMA/Drummond etc. I'm done with all of them.

I want Kessler and Sharpe both to be rotation pieces next year. Claxton needs to be resigned and start. Cam should get some run too.

If we need to add anything use the Sixers picks. Can probably trade for a stretch 4 or 5.

But no more of these ring chasers.

I read somewhere that the Nets would consider signing Melo. Its the last thing we should do.

I mean the Warriors developed youth, but you can't just completely turn away vets either. They've got guys like Iguodala and Bjelica to help bring stability to their young bench. They've also got much better leaders in the Splash Bros and Green.

Ideally I'd like to keep Blake because he can be useful IMO. But he's not coming back. Not after Nash froze him out of the rotation. On the other hand I'd agree that LMA and Drummond really have no place here. LMA is too much of a plodding center to be relied upon on the defensive end. And Drummond just has too many mental mistakes to be relied upon as a vet that's supposed to bring stability to the team.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#282 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:20 pm

Shark wrote:

Stop relying on these washed vets and start developing our youth. All the great teams do it. Look at the Warriors.

I want Kessler and Sharpe both to be rotation pieces next year. Claxton needs to be resigned and start. Cam should get some run too.

If we need to add anything use the Sixers picks. Can probably trade for a stretch 4 or 5.

I read somewhere that the Nets would consider signing Melo. Its the last thing we should do.

I mean the Warriors developed youth, but you can't just completely turn away vets either. They've got guys like Iguodala and Bjelica to help bring stability to their young bench. They've also got much better leaders in the Splash Bros and Green.

Ideally I'd like to keep Blake because he can be useful IMO. But he's not coming back. Not after Nash froze him out of the rotation. On the other hand I'd agree that LMA and Drummond really have no place here. LMA is too much of a plodding center to be relied upon on the defensive end. And Drummond just has too many mental mistakes to be relied upon as a vet that's supposed to bring stability to the team.

Well having 1 or 2 vets is fine.

But feels like its half our team.

We had a ton of roster spots going to old heads who didn't even play.

Blake is gone. Not sure I want him anymore anyway. Hes a good energy guy but its not hard to find someone younger and less injury prone who can do the same thing.

Next year rotation so far is:

Simmons/Mills
Kyrie/Curry/Cam
Harris/Edwards
KD/?
Claxton/Sharpe

I think we really need to add a stretch 4 or 5 and a backup PG.

Trade a pick for a stretch big. And backup PG can just be a minimum guy off the market.

Brown I think is gone.

That team already looks WAY better on defense. Nobody you can hunt except for Kyrie.

We just need some good coaching.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,897

Post#283 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:00 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Shark wrote:

Well having 1 or 2 vets is fine.

But feels like its half our team.

We had a ton of roster spots going to old heads who didn't even play.

Blake is gone. Not sure I want him anymore anyway. Hes a good energy guy but its not hard to find someone younger and less injury prone who can do the same thing.

Next year rotation so far is:

Simmons/Mills
Kyrie/Curry/Cam
Harris/Edwards
KD/?
Claxton/Sharpe

I think we really need to add a stretch 4 or 5 and a backup PG.

Trade a pick for a stretch big. And backup PG can just be a minimum guy off the market.

Brown I think is gone.

That team already looks WAY better on defense. Nobody you can hunt except for Kyrie.

We just need some good coaching.

Mills is not staying here for this garbage. He's out, especially if Ben is going to not play.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#284 » by Born_Ready » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:45 pm

This short stint at a championship run is over and I feel like the team has been set back some years due to going all in the last couple years.

I’m okay with losing guys like Mills, Drummond, Drajic. I wouldn’t even be mad if they did something with Nic, but that makes the option at C very limited. They just need to clean house and hope they can find some guys that believes in false hope and wants to play with K&K “me” attitude.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Evalar
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#285 » by Evalar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:36 pm

I can't believe some of the bile being spewed on here i'll look back but i'm sure none of you were posting in last years playoff that KD was a bitch, fraud, nothing without Steph and didn't care about the nets. When he was the only "star" available and carried us to number one seed was he a bitch and fraud then? Who needs the media destroying him when some Nets fans are doing a better job. We had a ridiculous season from start to finish still scrapping at the last minute to get in the playoffs so what were you expecting? If KD is everything that has been said on here then why the hell were you expecting this player with a weak character, who doesn't care and doesn't deserve respect to drag us through the playoffs? Did you ignore how much the Celtics had improved? So much for loyalty going both ways there's no denying KD had a nightmare series but if there is a world record for fans turning on a player then Nets fans have just blown it out of the water. How quickly people forget...
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#286 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:48 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWgMC9ycuh4ZMqAAAA

Dragic is right and boss for saying that.....

No way this should be ran back... substantial changes are needed.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Dragic has his exit interview with the Marks and Nash.

He was sold a dream and was given chaos.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#287 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:52 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Dragic has his exit interview with the Marks and Nash.

Dragic came here because he was friends with Nash and Marks and walked right into a landmine. This is one guy that definitely won't be back.

Durant and Kyrie honestly are looking worse and worse as the minutes go by. This is the environment they wanted and it's completely absurd.

Charles Barkley asked last night who in the hell would want to come here to play with them and I have to agree.

Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#288 » by Jay555 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:25 pm

Vets are important pieces of a championship team. We just did not utilise them correctly.

You can be sure no vets would want to join the clown show after this.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#289 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=ip5O9KpGPyupMsNQQF2u6w

The fact that Kyrie had the gall to even say this after what he did this year...my god he has the self awareness of a flea

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,975

Post#290 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dragic came here because he was friends with Nash and Marks and walked right into a landmine. This is one guy that definitely won't be back.

Durant and Kyrie honestly are looking worse and worse as the minutes go by. This is the environment they wanted and it's completely absurd.

Charles Barkley asked last night who in the hell would want to come here to play with them and I have to agree.

And this is one guy I would’ve love to have back , good luck Goran , you’ve been a true pro during short stint with the nets
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 861

Post#291 » by Jay555 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:13 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=ip5O9KpGPyupMsNQQF2u6w

The fact that Kyrie had the gall to even say this after what he did this year...my god he has the self awareness of a flea

That's the Kai we know...sadly.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#292 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:26 am

Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWhMC5pcT5hJUqAAAA

That's our cornerstone player/management right there
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#293 » by BKlutch » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:KD gets swept and he immediately vouches for Nash in the post-game talking about how hard the season was for him.

Imagine MJ or Kobe getting swept in the first round in the prime of their careers and saying this. You can’t make this stuff up!

Nash was his hire so of course he's going to defend him. He lets him do w/e he wants with no accountability. "We don't need a coach".. I mean this right here says it all!
Read on Twitter

World b flat with another gem.. you dumbass antivaxxer

Read on Twitter

Kyrie needs to see a f*cking therapist.

Like most everybody, I expected them to roll through the playoffs at least to the finals.

With the current Big 3, and after all that’s happened and all that has been written and said, this team seems to be one doctor short of qualifying as an institution for the severely mentally insane.

An inmate, Kyrie, is running the asylum!

Lord help us.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#294 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:45 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just realized right now... so he posts a tweet, publicly to congratulate the opponent who stuffed him and HIS Nets in a sweep.... yet doesn't give a public appreciation to his OWN TEAMMATES in the playoff exit????

this guy is asking for trouble... move on..... DO NOT GIVE HIM THE MAX!
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#295 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:49 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just realized right now... so he posts a tweet, publicly to congratulate the opponent who stuffed him and HIS Nets in a sweep.... yet doesn't give a public appreciation to his OWN TEAMMATES in the playoff exit????

I have no issue with this really. Tatum, Brown, and Smart are actually friends with Kyrie. I think Theis is cool with him too.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,978

Post#296 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:51 pm

At some point Durant is gonna have to look in the mirror and wonder if letting Kyrie dictate terms of how the franchise is run is in his best interest in terms of winning (if he even cares about that all that much at this point). Who knows maybe he realized after bandwagoning his way to 2 in golden state that winning at all cost isn’t that important to him and would rather just have fun playing with his friend and going things his own way… if winning comes with that it’s a bonus but not a end all
BaF
Washington Wizards
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#297 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have no issue with this really. Tatum, Brown, and Smart are actually friends with Kyrie. I think Theis is cool with him too.

Nope not me... Clown doesn't get a pass.... Kyrie's determination and effort to win the series dropped after gm 1....

no. not getting a pass from me....

He definitely showed how buddy buddy he by playing soft AF where as his Boston friends flat out ran over him and beat him down.

not happening with me. no.
The ModFather

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,916

Post#298 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:40 pm

DaGawd wrote:At some point Durant is gonna have to look in the mirror and wonder if letting Kyrie dictate terms of how the franchise is run is in his best interest in terms of winning (if he even cares about that all that much at this point). Who knows maybe he realized after bandwagoning his way to 2 in golden state that winning at all cost isn’t that important to him and would rather just have fun playing with his friend and going things his own way… if winning comes with that it’s a bonus but not a end all

Durant is the biggest cornball for letting Kyrie **** Irving dictate where his next destination would be. Two peas in a pod, they deserve each other. The only consolation for nets fans they're two of the best players in the league..but it means nada unless u win.

How TF are u GRINNING from ear to ear seconds after u lost? Dapping up the team that swept you, hugging and overly congratulating everyone and they mama... That **** was crazy. I'd be SICK if i was a nets fan...
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#299 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:19 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Last season and going into this season, MANY Celtics fans were pissed at how friendly Tatum, Brown, etc was buddy buddy with KAI after losses/getting smacked.

Like it or not, I think these guys are just friends off the court and have no ill will towards each other. Yes, BOS/BKN fans might disdain each other but that's just not how these guys feel about each other.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#300 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:56 pm

I don't care either.

Kyrie can congratulate his former teammates just like they congratulated him. Hes not a bad teammate or hard to get along with.

He just has issues showing up to work. Hopefully the vaccine thing ends all the nonsense.

I don't even care if he takes a week off for mental health like he did last year. Just show up for 60+ games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets