Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: ***Official 2021-22 Offseason Thread*** 

Post#161 » by NyCeEvO » Sat May 21, 2022 12:41 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=t4PSh1LMkkLcZmaN7F-d3g&s=19

So yall still want to pretend that KD isn't apart of the problem?

In Kd's defense this interview was done before the season. No way he could feel like that now especially if his watching the playoffs

Don’t make excuses for him. He’s been in the league far too long and has been on teams varying in quality from being deep in the lottery to winning championships. He should know better.

How do you choke against GSW, join them and get a firsthand look at what it takes to win, and walk away thinking that the key to winning a title is personality management?

Then again, he still defends his time at GSW as if they weren’t an overwhelming juggernaut against everyone considering the talent they possessed at nearly every position lol.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#162 » by TheNetsFan » Sat May 21, 2022 2:00 am

I don't know if the Bulls would make him available, but Lonzo Ball would be a high (injury) risk, very high reward trade target. A healthy Lonzo is a near ideal fit next to Durant, Simmons & a small guard (Kyrie/Curry).

Also, you have to wonder if the Bulls consider Kyrie if LaVine walks.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#163 » by MGrand15 » Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 am

KD already back in the gym trying to get better.

BTW this guy started training Dinwiddie when he was really young. He works with a lot of NBA guys now. SGA, Evan Mobley are the ones I remember.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#164 » by CalamityX12 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:11 am

Kyrie too busy on fortnite or whatever to get on KDs level?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#165 » by GTR11 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=oZfamcoZZ_JJR5G5u8wl7Q
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 305

Post#166 » by Eatgreenz » Sat May 21, 2022 3:28 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Im starting to think it's a chance we get a ben for bron trade, wouldn't surprise me.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#167 » by IceManBK1 » Sat May 21, 2022 5:13 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Im starting to think it's a chance we get a ben for bron trade, wouldn't surprise me.

makes sense...kyrie/lebron/kd has 2 yr window to win a champ together and with those 3, u have a 90% chance to make the finals.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#168 » by GTR11 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:54 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

makes sense...kyrie/lebron/kd has 2 yr window to win a champ together and with those 3, u have a 90% chance to make the finals.

Posted this on Lakers board->

Since Marks and Pelinka met it's very worrying news to me. Marks didn't get extension and Pelinka's sit is hot after Buss comments. I hate to admit it but it seems like Marks is LA bound.

What you guys think of this trade KD/Kyrie for AD/Russ and 2025 unprotected pick.

Why it's attractive to BK is:
1. Tsai reportedly not interested investing cash in losing product.
2. Kyrie and KD experiment is a disaster.

This trade will allow us to make fans happy with younger all stars to fill sits and make Tsai hire GM he likes. All is hypothetical and me connecting dots. You guys can discuss what/how it works for Lakers.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#169 » by TheNetsFan » Sun May 22, 2022 2:07 am

GTR11 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Im starting to think it's a chance we get a ben for bron trade, wouldn't surprise me.

Since Marks and Pelinka met it's very worrying news to me. Marks didn't get extension and Pelinka's sit is hot after Buss comments. I hate to admit it but it seems like Marks is LA bound.

What you guys think of this trade KD/Kyrie for AD/Russ and 2025 unprotected pick.

This trade will allow us to make fans happy with younger all stars to fill sits and make Tsai hire GM he likes. All is hypothetical and me connecting dots. You guys can discuss what/how it works for Lakers.

No. What in bloody hell? Why would the Nets trade the two best players by far for a 2025 first? Want to talk Kyrie for AD or Bron For Ben type stuff ok. This is just ridiculous.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#170 » by Gooner » Sun May 22, 2022 8:49 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

They had the same situation with Harden, but all it takes is a couple of injuries and then things fall apart. Trading for LeBron would be going backwards for the Nets. You have to try to build a solid foundation with players that want to be there, instead of bringing aging ring chasers. Those types of teams crumble when adversity hits because they try to do it the easy way from the start. Not to mention that KD wants to chase LeBron, not team up with him. That's why he joined GSW in 2016.
WarriorsLakers
Junior
And1: 56

Post#171 » by WarriorsLakers » Sun May 22, 2022 6:48 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

this is like lakers thinking they can get KD for Westbrook.its not happening
GTR11
RealGM

Post#172 » by GTR11 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:02 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

No. What in bloody hell? Why would the Nets trade the two best players by far for a 2025 first? Want to talk Kyrie for AD or Bron For Ben type stuff ok. This is just ridiculous.

Some of you holding back onto past with selective memory. Neither KD or Kyrie won anything as a leader. Last year was no fluke.

2025-27 unprotected picks can easily be a lottery picks. When the last time KD managed to play 60+ games ( let alone full season ), what about Kyrie? While we at it what LBJ have done as a best player past to years and how many games he managed to play? All this without me questioning how rest of the roster going to look like.

Ben and AD ain't no bums or some mediocre fake stars. They legit and in their prime. Flipping Russ can fetch couple role players or can be bundled with picks for players like Beal, Spida etc.

I have way more faith in Marks hiring legit coach and fill out roster than, KD and Kyrie winning EC. Giannis and Tatum most like will smoke their ass's just like they did before.

Some of you need to stop living in a past or world you created in your heads. Harsh reality is that they will fail and waist our time. It was failed experiments, just need to realize our mistake and adjust. I'm not looking forward to MDB creating threads trashing entire organizations and fans along. If we going to be 100 here, most know it's coming. Kyrie will be Kyrie, that alone will derail entire season and future. KD wont get younger and more durable, father time is undefeated.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Post#173 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 22, 2022 8:05 pm

GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Some of you holding back onto past with selective memory. Neither KD or Kyrie won anything as a leader. Last year was no fluke.

2025-27 unprotected picks can easily be a lottery picks. When the last time KD managed to play 60+ games ( let alone full season ), what about Kyrie? While we at it what LBJ have done as a best player past to years and how many games he managed to play? All this without me questioning how rest of the roster going to look like.

Ben and AD ain't no bums or some mediocre fake stars. They legit and in their prime. Flipping Russ can fetch couple role players or can be bundled with picks for players like Beal, Spida etc.

I have way more faith in Marks hiring legit coach and fill out roster than, KD and Kyrie winning EC. Giannis and Tatum most like will smoke their ass's just like they did before.

Some of you need to stop living in a past or world you created in your heads. Harsh reality is that they will fail and waist our time. It was failed experiments, just need to realize our mistake and adjust. I'm not looking forward to MDB creating threads trashing entire organizations and fans along. If we going to be 100 here, most know it's coming. Kyrie will be Kyrie, that alone will derail entire season and future. KD wont get younger and more durable, father time is undefeated.

I've already come to grips with the fact that this all will end poorly.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,699

Post#174 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:No. What in bloody hell? Why would the Nets trade the two best players by far for a 2025 first? Want to talk Kyrie for AD or Bron For Ben type stuff ok. This is just ridiculous.

I've already come to grips with the fact that this all will end poorly.

Let’s be honest , after watching EC playoffs i came to the grips that we not only lost to the Celtics, we didn’t have a shot against Bucks , Miami , we’ve been 4 th best team in our conference, maybe fifth if Embiid is healthy

It’s may 22 nd 2022 , Nash is still the head coach

Marks while he was good assembling original Brooklyn team ( under Kenny Atkinson ) for now he is nobody else than a Puppet in Tsai and Durant hands ( he look’s to me as a victim of the system) he himself created

Yet we talking here about trading for Bron Ad and Westbrook? Let me remind you , this amazing baller’s didn’t qualify for play in last year and they all one year older now , it’s laughable to even look at Lakers as trading partner ( unless all Tsai is worry about to sell tickets and merchandise) but they get us nowhere near the chip

I’ve been called here Kyries biggest supporter, but honestly I don’t know how to catch a grip on him , one one side i want him resign , mandate end once and for all and him being professional athlete ( play at least 60 games plus playoffs) on the other hand I’m tired of Kyries off court issues, like never ending story

All starts on the top , Marks is a puppet now , Nash is still here , we looking wrong way for trading partners ,it’s another lost season , we gonna be praying again Nash is fired after first 20 games than before all star break , while there is ton of better coaches everywhere ( Borego) first guy in mind

Lets Go Nets !!! but I don’t believe it anymore
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#175 » by TheNetsFan » Mon May 23, 2022 1:02 pm

GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

I'm fine with rebuilding, but you can get a lot more value for KD than Anthony GlassJoe Davis. You can argue Russ and a first for Kyrie is the best we can get. If you are going to rebuild, do it right. Get multiple picks, multiple young guys and go from there.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#176 » by GTR11 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:No. What in bloody hell? Why would the Nets trade the two best players by far for a 2025 first? Want to talk Kyrie for AD or Bron For Ben type stuff ok. This is just ridiculous.

I'm fine with rebuilding, but you can get a lot more value for KD than Anthony GlassJoe Davis. You can argue Russ and a first for Kyrie is the best we can get. If you are going to rebuild, do it right. Get multiple picks, multiple young guys and go from there.

1. " do it right " - what is exactly the right way for a team that located in a biggest market? We ain't Portland, Indiana, Orlando etc teams that have no other choice. We prime destination for top agents and with player friendly environment. You really think we should nuclear entire roster because 90% have to do it. We are that 10% that privileged and should use it. On top of that we actually have an owner who willing to spend ( unlike Bulls, Rockets ) and likeable ( unlike Dolan ).
2. We still in a fight for market. Going complete rebuild after all been said and done is complete lunacy. I don't see Tsai accepting/entertaining that idea at all.
3. Ben is only 25, AD is 28 and still has 2-3 years of prime ball left in him ( just when his contract going to expire ). Them two along with location will definitely attract top coaches and players here. That's been Dr Buss formula and proved to be successful.
4. As I said before already. We got 2 Philly picks and will get 2 LA picks that most likely will end up in lottery. Why suffer watching losing basketball if it can be avoided?
5. You have to send KD and Kyrie where they'll be happy otherwise no team will cosign and give up assets. Lakers one of select few teams it'll work. We have to use this opportunity while present.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#177 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon May 23, 2022 6:14 pm

The most likely reasons Marks and Pelenka are meeting is probably to talk about Kenny Atkinson and Phil Handy.

Lakers have nothing valuable except a LBJ who has maybe 2 years left but why would he want to leave LA to come to the Nets?? Why would KD want to be on another super team where he's not the clear #1 again? The Nets is his franchise, it's what he wanted post-GSW. LBJ would inevitably take control and be 1a/1b.

AD has to prove he can stay healthy/lose weight/be a MVP type guy. WB is probably the most "untradeable" asset in the league.

Nets had a rock bottom season, if they make another big trade it would only be because KAI wants to leave, then I can see something happening. Even then, it won't be with the Lakers as they have nothing to offer of value unless they want to trade AD/LBJ.

Fun to dream/talk about but < 1% chance of anything happening b/ween the Nets and Lakers.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Post#178 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 24, 2022 3:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Hartenstein and Caleb Smith should be number 1 and 2 on Marks' FA list. Those two would be excellent additions and would fill immediate needs on the wing and at stretch 5
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#179 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue May 24, 2022 4:58 pm

Looks like we will match any offers for Claxton.

I'm ok with letting Brown go though. He won't be worth the money and his skillset overlaps with Simmons too much.

Our biggest piece this off season could be the development of Kessler Edwards.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#180 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue May 24, 2022 5:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hartenstein and Caleb Smith should be number 1 and 2 on Marks' FA list. Those two would be excellent additions and would fill immediate needs on the wing and at stretch 5

From this list, I like:

1. Caleb Martin
2. Isaiah Hartenstein
3. Taurean Prince
4. Jeff Green
5. Melo for the memes

Other realistic names I really like:
1. Mike Muscala: stretch 5(42% 3p on ~4 ATT) solid D, doesn't need to play major mins. Should be easy to trade for IMO
2. Jalen Smith: was a bust but still has upside as a PF/C in a small role.
3. Kenrich Williams: Thunder prob won't let him go but def worth a try. Would be nice 3&D wing/big.

Other teams will 100% be sniffing around for some of these players, so hopefully Marks can snag a couple and not left with the bottom tier guys like Ingles.

Return to Brooklyn Nets