ImageImageImageImageImage

***Official 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

***Official 2021-22 Offseason Thread*** 

Post#1 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:03 pm

I absolutely loathe Durant, Irving, Nash and Sean Marks. Loathe them. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

I don't want to hear any crap about Durant. He is an absolute clown.

Irving is a braindead headcase. Good luck signing that guy to a 250 million dollar contract.

Simmons hasn't even played and I want him out of here.

If Houston didn't own all of our draft picks I would advocate trading Durant and telling Irving to go f*ck himself.

Kyrie and KD are in Deron Williams territory now. Possibly even worse. I haven't been this disgusted in a long, long time.

I miss the days of Kenny, DLo, Allen, Spencer, Caris and Joe. We didn't win much, but every night the team left it out on the floor and we had some fun times watching those guys grow and learn.

This sh*t? THIS SH*T? Oh no.

You couldn't PAY me to attend another game in person. Sean Marks is an inept buffoon, and Joe Tsai is just lighting his money on fire.

2nd highest payroll in the league, and we get swept right out of the playoffs. And the end result? Durant doesn't give a crap, and Kyrie is on TV rambling about managing the franchise like a deluded narcissist with zero self awareness.

Who in their right mind would want to play here after this? Good luck signing any decent veterans after what Nash did to Griffin and Aldridge. Or James Johnson, who was cut for NO F*CKING REASON BECAUSE SEAN MARKS IS A MORON.

Patty Mills, an absolute pro, probably regrets ever signing here and I bet he opts out.

This is by far the most toxic thing I've ever seen in my 20+ years of being a fan of this pathetic, limp dick franchise.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: ***Official 2021-22 Offseason Thread*** 

Post#2 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:15 pm

Blow up the Clowns!!! No. There is no salvaging this by bringing them back. Sever ties and bring back our Brooklyn NETS!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#3 » by Shark » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:25 pm

Really not looking forward to this offseason. Even if Marks knocks it out of the park with offseason acquisitions (highly unlikely honestly), we'd only be handing an improved team to a terrible coach in Steve Nash and two eogcentric stars in KD and Kyrie.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#4 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:36 pm

A total rebuild would be wise, but it won't happen. The higher you tear down from, the faster you bounce back up. KD should be able to return a hefty price. You should be able to get something of value back for Kyrie just because few teams have enough cap space to sign him outright. Let Simmons run wild on a rebuilding team & watch his trade value rehabilitate in a hurry.

That won't happen though. We'll mostly run it back with worse role players. Tsai better let Marks play hardball with Kyrie's contract & save enough money and tax to be able to retain guys like Brown, Claxton & Griffin with significant pay increases. If they all walk this team is doomed, because we have the taxpayer MLE & minimums to fill out the roster.

Tsai can't help himself though. He will undercut Marks again, and give Kyrie whatever he wants. Marks will be left with a tax cap & just minimums to fill out the roster.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

Post#5 » by JKiddy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:36 pm

I am beyond disgusted by this franchise at this moment.

I had to sleep on this before even thinking of how I truly felt after this horrible playoff performance.

We will have a group on here that will ask for Nash's head. We will have a few people that will forget everything Marks has done to literally change this entire franchise around.

But, we need to take a deep breath and put this all in perspective.

There ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE TO BLAME.

No one is getting off "scott-free" here.

Nash needs to become a better coach. But, he was one of maybe 2-3 people who could have managed all of the constant bs and drama we had this season. Give him a little break.

This roster needs to be changed. We need to build around say the 6-7 core guys and have some continuity going into the off-season. We cannot just throw KD and Kyrie with whomever and expect us to win a title. Championships are built around chemistry, continuity, roster depth, correct strategies, key plays from key players, and being fairly drama free and healthy.

Kyrie needs to understand that if he wants to be a part of this he can no longer miss more than a dozen games a year. That has to be in his contract with penalties if he is not suiting up and playing regardless of the issue.

KD needs to hold him accountable and also step it up when we need him. He is honestly the least to blame as he did not decide to sit out. He got hurt and we folded when he did because fat b&tch boy decided he wanted to go elsewhere when things weren't exactly to his liking.

Kyrie should have gotten the vaccine and that derailed our season. There is no excuse anymore. But, it is his choice (no matter what people who study medicine for decades and are much more intelligent than us believe or want our society to do so we can survive and thrive - smh - WAKE UP).

We should build around the following players after the decision to retain Nash or move forward is. I think Nash got dealt a very **** hand with the injuries, drama with Harden, Covid-19 the past 2 seasons, Kyrie holding the franchise hostage, etc. But, we need to either surround him with key assistants like D'Antoni was when he first got the gig OR we need to let him go and replace him with a very respectable veteran coach who won't deal with BS.

Once that is sorted I think we move forward with KD, Kyrie on a deal heavily incentivized by games played, certain other milestones, etc. to line up with KD's contract and the team choice the year after KD's deal expires (not a max max deal).

Then we need to keep Seth Curry and Joe Harris for shooting. We need Bruce Brown and Claxton for hustle and D. We need Claxton to work on conditioning and shooting 1000 FT's a day this off season. We need Claxton to bulk up 5-10 pounds of muscle as well so we can withstand more punishment down low.

We should keep Kessler, Cam, and possibly Duke (if he progresses this off-season). We are going to need them next year to see what we can do in the regular season to evaluate if they belong on this team long-term and can be playoff +s.

I think if Blake is healthy and prepares himself to play the D and little plays that he can while shooting solid from 3 we keep him on a minimum deal.

I am unsure about the rest. I would hope we can keep either Dragic or Mills as we need veterans who can step it up when we need someone off the bench or to spot start.

I doubt we can pay Drummond big bucks. I am unsure if LMA has anything left (if he does give him one more season on the cheap).

We have a glaring need for defensive stoppers who hustle and play through everything without bitching. Will Simmons be one of those guys? He might. But, even if he comes back like he once was we still need another guy who can defend 3s, 4s, and 5s. It might have to be two other guys. We might need to trade the Philly pick and a player to get one of them. I say go for it.

This season was a mess. But, it does not mean we are entirely imploding. I trust that Marks will make some key changes and the right decisions. I have been a part of this fan base for a very long time. I only have trusted Rod Thorn and Sean Marks. The rest of our management (and ownership besides Tsai and Proky when he gave the reigns to Marks) have been very very questionable.

Stay calm. Be patient. Let's see what happens this off-season and at the draft. We will be making some changes. But, we cannot blow it all up as we need to retain a group to build that chemistry with.

J-Kiddy

O.G. RealGMer - Yes, it's me and I am back b*tches
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#6 » by rzzzzz » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:46 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Simmons hasn't even played and I want him out of here.

Would have liked to see him set the record for consecutive elimination games.
Philly should have done the Haliburton deal. Saved both franchises the grief. Simmons might have gotten back on the court with the Kings, with less pressure. But maybe not. Even after witnessing his stubborn resistance to development all the years, thinking about the ceiling on this Unicorn, and then his refusal to even play for the Sixers, I’m stunned that he didn’t just step back into his natural defense and distribution role, which is all the Nets were asking of him. But he seemed to enjoy styling on the sidelines.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,053

Post#7 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:29 pm

Players that should be on the trade block: Irving, Simmons, Curry. These players have value and should be shopped for young 2 way players to take the load off Durant as he ages further.

I want to say fire Nash but in hindsight, it isn't fair to blame him for playing small when Marks got rid of Bembry and Johnson and Simmons refused to play
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 pm

Read somewhere of early mutual interest with Carmelo and us??? it **** never ends!
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:55 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Simmons hasn't even played and I want him out of here.

Would have liked to see him set the record for consecutive elimination games.
Philly should have done the Haliburton deal. Saved both franchises the grief. Simmons might have gotten back on the court with the Kings, with less pressure. But maybe not. Even after witnessing his stubborn resistance to development all the years, thinking about the ceiling on this Unicorn, and then his refusal to even play for the Sixers, I’m stunned that he didn’t just step back into his natural defense and distribution role, which is all the Nets were asking of him. But he seemed to enjoy styling on the sidelines.

I think the guy either wants to be traded to somewhere with no pressure on him or he's about to retire after he gets his money from you guys. Either way, this has been the most toxic trade in NBA history.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:56 pm

Nash had AMPLE times during the season and in these playoffs to IMPROVE from a coaching standpoint... HE DIDN'T!

Nash had AMPLE times during the season and in these playoffs to get the players ready and play hard.... HE DIDN'T!!!

Nash had AMPLE times during the season and in these playoffs to actually install an offense to challenge opponents consistently.... HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!

Nash had his chance with two/three premier scorers to offset his rookie actions... but NO..... the team's dysfunction is a product of the CLOWNS but the team's ineptitude and porous construct of a resemblance of an organized group of professional athletes is on HIM!

No excuses!
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Players that should be on the trade block: Irving, Simmons, Curry. These players have value and should be shopped for young 2 way players to take the load off Durant as he ages further.

I want to say fire Nash but in hindsight, it isn't fair to blame him for playing small when Marks got rid of Bembry and Johnson and Simmons refused to play

Nah we need Curry for spacing.

Getting rid of Bembry was the first of many f*ck ups Marks has made this season

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:24 pm

I don't know how to improve due to the salary cap restraints.... i don't know.

I know the changes need to start with Nash and the staff being released. That's #1 to me.

#2 is to tell Kyrie go elsewhere... but if he opts in, that's it. 1 yr to tolerate your flaky clown ass.

#3 is to get younger and more athletic(which i've been crying for for years since KD was healthy 100% for us). That also includes size.

#4 is to practice, practice and **** practice in practices... no slouching, no skip days no half ass efforts by CLOWNS!

#5 tell Ben you play or never show up to the facilities... don't wanna excuses!

#6 NO EXCUSES!
The ModFather

Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#13 » by Eatgreenz » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:24 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Nash had AMPLE times during the season and in these playoffs to IMPROVE from a coaching standpoint... HE DIDN'T!

Nash had AMPLE times during the season and in these playoffs to get the players ready and play hard.... HE DIDN'T!!!

Nash had AMPLE times during the season and in these playoffs to actually install an offense to challenge opponents consistently.... HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!

Nash had his chance with two/three premier scorers to offset his rookie actions... but NO..... the team's dysfunction is a product of the CLOWNS but the team's ineptitude and porous construct of a resemblance of an organized group of professional athletes is on HIM!

No excuses!

Man thank you I've never seen a coach been giving so many excuses like this clown Nash. Like dragic said there are no excuses got to get it down. Everyone went through something this season clippers, nuggets, etc. None of them got embarrassed like us a with sweep and 10+ game losing streaks because they have a coach to steer the ship. The heat had all type of players in n out of their lineup the whole season, and still secured the number 1 seed. FIRE NASH!!!! THE MAN EVEN STARTING RAMBLING EXCUSES IN HIS POSTGAME INTERVIEW OUR SUPPOSE COACH GET HIM THE FOH!!!!
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,053

Post#14 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:Players that should be on the trade block: Irving, Simmons, Curry. These players have value and should be shopped for young 2 way players to take the load off Durant as he ages further.

Curry will not be needed when Harris is back. Plus Mills can fill the same role anyway.

Targets this offseason should be Brogdon, Myles Turner, Porzingis, Kuzma, and KCP. 2 way players that can contribute on multiple facets.

With Harris back, Edwards and Thomas growing, along with any combination of those players will provide enough versatility to take on any opponent and allow Durant to age gracefully without having to play 40 min a night to beat bottom feeders.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:47 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Curry will not be needed when Harris is back. Plus Mills can fill the same role anyway.

Targets this offseason should be Brogdon, Myles Turner, Porzingis, Kuzma, and KCP. 2 way players that can contribute on multiple facets.

With Harris back, Edwards and Thomas growing, along with any combination of those players will provide enough versatility to take on any opponent and allow Durant to age gracefully without having to play 40 min a night to beat bottom feeders.

But how does one add those recommended players without assets to move nor cap to sign?

i'm a bit perplexed with what we can or can't do due to salary limits for Clowns.
The ModFather

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#16 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:48 pm

And so there's little expectation that Nash's job is truly in jeopardy from Brooklyn's side of the equation. The event that could lead to a change in the Nets' head coach may be Nash deciding to walk away from the situation himself. Speculation about that possibility has also begun to churn in league circles, even inside the Nets' facilities. A decorated former player doesn't exactly need the dramatic trappings of a superteam and all the time away from family that coaching demands. Nash has had to sing the franchise's public tune during every media availability, even claiming before the deadline they were not trading Harden. But so far, the coach has conducted himself as if he plans to be a part of Brooklyn's imminent future, sources said.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10033976-nba-sources-dish-on-ben-simmons-turmoil-steve-nashs-future-in-brooklyn
flopoelro
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#17 » by flopoelro » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:51 pm

- Blake, LMA, Drummond gone
- Simmons for DeAndre Hunter and Onyeka Okongwu (3rd team needed to make salaries work)
- Harris and a 1st for Harrison Barnes
- Sign D.J. Augustin
- Sign Lance Stephenson

Kyrie | Patty | Augustin
Seth | Lance | Cam
Hunter | Barnes
KD | Kess
Okongwu | Clax | Sharpe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 pm

Another problem to emphasize to remove Kyrie is his blatant disregard to continually segregate himself or alienate himself from the team aspect.

He constantly says me and kev along with Tsai Marks...... always... always... he constantly makes it about him n kev running operations as oppose to say they're part of the team. Where's the We in Team? like 2x out of 20 mentions?

NO **** COMPETITOR WANTS TO BE A TEAMMATE WITH THAT

Who wants to work with someone/duo who makes it clear its about them and their interests over the team? Who plays hard or works hard for team unity and cohesion when they CLOWNS are about themselves and makes it known its them and the Brooklyn Nets.

It's supposed to be about Brooklyn. Brooklyn!!!!!! The NETs!!!!!!! we're not your retirement home or your little timeshare....

until the organization and team gets back to being about Brooklyn Nets... nothing changes.

sorry for my excess ranting.
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 pm

flopoelro wrote:- Blake, LMA, Drummond gone
- Simmons for DeAndre Hunter and Onyeka Okongwu (3rd team needed to make salaries work)
- Sign D.J. Augustin
- Sign Lance Stephenson

Kyrie | Patty | Augustin
Seth | Lance | Cam
Hunter | Barnes
KD | Kess
Okongwu | Clax | Sharpe

Why would ATL want Ben?
The ModFather

flopoelro
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#20 » by flopoelro » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:00 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
flopoelro wrote:- Blake, LMA, Drummond gone
- Sign D.J. Augustin
- Sign Lance Stephenson

Kyrie | Patty | Augustin
Seth | Lance | Cam
Hunter | Barnes
KD | Kess
Okongwu | Clax | Sharpe

Why would ATL want Ben?

If he's healthy? And willing to play basketball? lol .. every team in the league would like him. They were interested in him at the deadline. As embarrassing as this while Simmons saga has been the last year, we can't forget this is an All-Star, All-NBA defender entering what should be his prime.

Return to Brooklyn Nets