ImageImageImageImageImage

Around NBA and season prediction seeding wise.

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Re: Around NBA and season prediction seeding wise. 

Post#221 » by Eatgreenz » Mon May 15, 2023 6:26 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
No they didn't. At the end of the day, Harden is playing and Simmons isn't. If PHI wanted to trade Harden, they still can and get a decent return.

Simmons on the other hand, is a negative asset. This rehabilitation experiment is an absolute failure as Simmons has shown 0 growth in any aspect of basketball this season.

Good chance harden leaves them this offseason. So what did they actually do get to the 2nd round like they always have done. So they would have assets from our trade. There still a chance for Ben revenge tour.

:lol: Ben is done. He is the last remnant of the 7/11 era. The quicker he is gone the better.

This franchise needs to stop bending the knee to egomaniacs like Simmons. At least KD will get you 30 ppg. Simmons isn't giving the Nets ****

Maybe i missed something but what has Ben done to make him an egomaniac unless getting back surgery means you have ego.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#222 » by Eatgreenz » Mon May 15, 2023 6:29 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
No they didn't. At the end of the day, Harden is playing and Simmons isn't. If PHI wanted to trade Harden, they still can and get a decent return.

Simmons on the other hand, is a negative asset. This rehabilitation experiment is an absolute failure as Simmons has shown 0 growth in any aspect of basketball this season.

Harden has a PO and no team is going to pay him max dollars, so Sixers ain’t facilitating a sign and trade. Sixers have no assets. Also, are they gonna pay Maxey big money? Harden is as good as gone and it’s no secret he wants the Rockets and probably came to grips he won’t be winning a ring. I think he just wants comfort at this point. Embiid will be interesting because it has just been a miserable experiment that couldn’t get past the second round, hence the Harden trade was a failure for the Sixers. Ben is 26 with an opportunity to recover. Nets have time to evaluate the landscape. If they were smart, trade O’Neal for picks or DFS for picks or young prospects. 24 and 25 are years to watch.

Harden gave PHI a chance to compete. They went into the BOS series as underdogs and was one 3 min meltdown in game 6 from going to the ECF. Not to mention that he single handedly won game 1. Can't really call that failure.

If they knew now what they knew back then, they would still do the trade. In fact, PHI would have had to give up more assets. Because Ben is that bad.

Ben is not a prospect anymore. This is who he is. I expect him to get worse from this point on. He has repeatedly failed to impose his will on the game even when he the most talented player on the floor. He has failed to even take shots even when we were missing our stars. He is horrible.

If the Nets were smart, they would take advantage of Bridges bargain contract and build a contender ASAP in a wide open league before he asks for a raise.

Na man that trade was a failure. They didn't get Harden to just make the 2nd round, he was brought to reach finals. Just like us with big 3, the Suns and getting KD, PG13and Kawhi anything short of the finals was a failure of a season.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#223 » by NetsWorld » Mon May 15, 2023 11:45 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

Harden has a PO and no team is going to pay him max dollars, so Sixers ain’t facilitating a sign and trade. Sixers have no assets. Also, are they gonna pay Maxey big money? Harden is as good as gone and it’s no secret he wants the Rockets and probably came to grips he won’t be winning a ring. I think he just wants comfort at this point. Embiid will be interesting because it has just been a miserable experiment that couldn’t get past the second round, hence the Harden trade was a failure for the Sixers. Ben is 26 with an opportunity to recover. Nets have time to evaluate the landscape. If they were smart, trade O’Neal for picks or DFS for picks or young prospects. 24 and 25 are years to watch.

Harden gave PHI a chance to compete. They went into the BOS series as underdogs and was one 3 min meltdown in game 6 from going to the ECF. Not to mention that he single handedly won game 1. Can't really call that failure.

If they knew now what they knew back then, they would still do the trade. In fact, PHI would have had to give up more assets. Because Ben is that bad.

Ben is not a prospect anymore. This is who he is. I expect him to get worse from this point on. He has repeatedly failed to impose his will on the game even when he the most talented player on the floor. He has failed to even take shots even when we were missing our stars. He is horrible.

If the Nets were smart, they would take advantage of Bridges bargain contract and build a contender ASAP in a wide open league before he asks for a raise.

Na man that trade was a failure. They didn't get Harden to just make the 2nd round, he was brought to reach finals. Just like us with big 3, the Suns and getting KD, PG13and Kawhi anything short of the finals was a failure of a season.

While it was a year and a half too late, Sixers fans finally got a taste of what the Nets tasted from Harden in January 2022, he sulked and quit. When he does that, it means he wants to leave. He gets a GM to gut a team's assets and then bails on them; Nets learned the hard way, even after the KG/Pierce trade. Sixers have NO assets besides Maxey; which means they can't trade for a star without some kind of facilitating going on from other teams. I said this and predicted that Philly will have to start over. They should trade Embiid for picks/young prospects and recoup assets. If you can't wheel and deal for a star, you wheel and deal for assets.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#224 » by Tha King » Mon May 15, 2023 2:21 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:

You have to also consider the Simmons contract.

It would require picks to trade Simmons. Then to contend you not only need enough picks left to get the best player on the team but you need to add another one as good or better than Bridges because he's not a clear 2 on a contender. The team got a good amount of picks from the recent trades but there's just not enough to realistically get all that done right now.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#225 » by CalamityX12 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:27 am

Couldn't be happier for Victor and Coach Pop

The Spurs will be back!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#226 » by Netaman » Wed May 17, 2023 1:04 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Couldn't be happier for Victor and Coach Pop

The Spurs will be back!

agreed nice landing spot for wemby. blazers move up, does that accelerate a rebuild and lillard trade or does he opt to stick around?
Netaman
Analyst

Post#227 » by Netaman » Wed May 17, 2023 1:39 am

a siakam trade for portland/toronto almost makes too much sense.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#228 » by CalamityX12 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:33 am

Netaman wrote:

The Spurs will be back!

agreed nice landing spot for wemby. blazers move up, does that accelerate a rebuild and lillard trade or does he opt to stick around?

Lillard stays or does Port trade it for a top player?

Boston?
Brooklyn?
Pelicans?
The ModFather

Decipher
Rookie
And1: 914

Post#229 » by Decipher » Wed May 17, 2023 2:43 am

Spurs rumoured to be interested in pairing Wemby & Simmons

They could absorb his contract into cap space
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#230 » by CalamityX12 » Wed May 17, 2023 3:19 am

Decipher wrote:Spurs rumoured to be interested in pairing Wemby & Simmons

Why Simmons?
The ModFather

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#231 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 17, 2023 3:31 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Decipher wrote:Spurs rumoured to be interested in pairing Wemby & Simmons

Why Simmons?

Where did you see this? Yes they have the cap space to take on Simmons, and Simmons would actually be an intriguing fit with Wemby, but they probably do this in a compensated salary dump/3 team trade scenario rather than actually wanting Simmons.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#232 » by Netaman » Wed May 17, 2023 3:36 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Netaman wrote:

The Spurs will be back!

Lillard stays or does Port trade it for a top player?

Boston?
Brooklyn?
Pelicans?

Masai is probably already offering packages around Siakam or OG for the 3rd pick. Considering where that franchise seems to be going, that would make a lot of sense. Get another high end talent to pair with Barnes, can either keep OG or trade him for a bunch of picks, S&T FVV elsewhere (brooklyn?).
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#233 » by GTR11 » Wed May 17, 2023 3:39 am

I guess we should know now who's the best C out there today. Joker is a monster.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#234 » by Shark » Fri May 19, 2023 2:52 am

Seeing how Brown is playing for the Nuggets and I'm still mad we really didn't even make him an offer. Way better role/bench player than anyone we have had since he left.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#235 » by GTR11 » Sat May 20, 2023 6:36 pm

We need to start asking these guys make a video same type video about JV. Our bag of trash ain't much better. Imagine Doc Rivers out coaching while being mediocre himself at best, yup our piece of trash should never ever even been considered as a HC.

I won't forget or forgive JV extension.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#236 » by GTR11 » Mon May 22, 2023 5:37 am

Saltics getting swept will make me very happy :nod:
Netaman
Analyst

Post#237 » by Netaman » Mon May 22, 2023 1:41 pm

Shark wrote:Seeing how Brown is playing for the Nuggets and I'm still mad we really didn't even make him an offer. Way better role/bench player than anyone we have had since he left.

agreed especially since they just could have not done the royce deal and saved another pick for something else. im rooting for him and green. they were the 2 most likeable nets in this era. i dont see miami giving denver much of a challenge but i guess that's why they play games.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#238 » by GTR11 » Tue May 30, 2023 3:46 am

Going to sleep like a baby tonight :nod:

It'll be fun times watching Saltics this off-season going into next season.

Joker deserves NBA chip. These Biid fan club clueless clowns. Can't even see who is better player. I'll be dancing in their grave soon :lol:

Dumb fuc** can't even understand the fact that one makes everyone better around him ( and that means getting everyone rythm shots, getting them open looks etc ), while the other one just stat padding or dissappear without the ball. How stupid you have to be not to see that simple fact :rofl:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#239 » by Papi_swav » Wed May 31, 2023 1:44 am

as much as i love and want Jaylen Brown, I don't think he can be the number 1 guy. It's kind of weird because when Tatum was playing like doo doo he was actually stepping up and had alot of ppl (including me) thinking he was better than Tatum but then he has games like game 7. I mean everybody does have bad games but in clutch times it's usually Tatum stepping up and not him. And in my opinion if you're going to be the number one guy it is a must that you step up in the clutch, all the greats have done it.

Oh well I'm glad we got bridges and honestly, I might be on board with trying to get Lilliard as much as I was against it. I really don't want to go the Lillard route but I'm kinda torn. Dame is and can be that #1 guy and he's prove he's as clutch as anyone with many game winning shots. If we can somehow get a great 2 guard or 4 man to create a "big 3" then I might be on board with it. As long as it don't take more than 3 picks for him. This Celtics/Heat series was definitely a classic series.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#240 » by GTR11 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:31 am

Papi_swav wrote:as much as i love and want Jaylen Brown, I don't think he can be the number 1 guy. It's kind of weird because when Tatum was playing like doo doo he was actually stepping up and had alot of ppl (including me) thinking he was better than Tatum but then he has games like game 7. I mean everybody does have bad games but in clutch times it's usually Tatum stepping up and not him. And in my opinion if you're going to be the number one guy it is a must that you step up in the clutch, all the greats have done it.

Oh well I'm glad we got bridges and honestly, I might be on board with trying to get Lilliard as much as I was against it. I really don't want to go the Lillard route but I'm kinda torn. Dame is and can be that #1 guy and he's prove he's as clutch as anyone with many game winning shots. If we can somehow get a great 2 guard or 4 man to create a "big 3" then I might be on board with it. As long as it don't take more than 3 picks for him. This Celtics/Heat series was definitely a classic series.

Keep telling you guys same thing over and over again. You need a coach and than assemble the roster. That's why I turned on Marks and will call for his head if he fail with this rebuild.

https://youtu.be/-cC1ihhrz3M

Players can and will do only so much. And when they will fail, most will start pointing fingers at point of their convenience. And once you start explaining things, most will double down and start taking things personal.

I told y'all from the door that Brown is not the player we need. We need 1A player with playmaker along ( something we hope Ben can do next season ). We got #2 on a great contract in his prime already, bunch of assets to work with along.

Most important things now is:
• don't waist Cap Space on trash most people here want. LaVine, Siakam, KAT, FVV etc garbage.
• Build a coaching stuff
• Get creative with assets we got. I will irate of we let Joe, Din and Royce just expire :banghead:

I will start doing MDB and come out with bunch of stuff to get Marks fired.

Return to Brooklyn Nets