ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ 76ERS 1/25 - 7:30

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

GT: Nets @ 76ERS 1/25 - 7:30 

Post#1 » by Stone » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:53 pm

The 76ers are also coming off a western road trip but will have a few extra days rest than us. They also sat the Beard and Joel out in there last game against the Kings. These guys are cooking with grease and have won 5 in a row and 8 out 10.

We on the other hand have won two impressive victories in a row on the road and got our swag back. Kyrie has come out and said we can win against good team without KD and he has led us back from a rough adjustment period. But, it is a team sport and our other guys have stepped up also.

It will be interesting to see if we change things up to adjust to playing a big like Joel, by possibly going with a 10 man rotation and giving Morris time. Or maybe a 9 player rotation and leave Sumner out. OR---Do we let them adjust to us?

Either way that last loss to the 76ers back in November @ Philly was one of our most disappointing showings of the season. They were with Joel and James and guys like Paul Reed and DeAnthony Melton stepped up and we let it get away from us. This time around we need to keep building the trust, we have the shooters, spacing will be key.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets @ 76ERS 1/25 - 7:30 

Post#2 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:07 pm

Yeah this will be a very tough game.

I think we really need to consider playing Kess again. He has been good in the G League.

We could really use another 3 and D guy with size.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#3 » by NetsWorld » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:43 pm

Hopefully these guys remember what Philly did last time without their stars. Nets need to do the same and return the favor; this Nets team is definitely not the same November team which was pretty much in shambles. No No, they will fight and hopefully squeak out a victory.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:48 pm

I'm not scared of Philly even without KD as long as Kyrie and Claxton continue to play at an All NBA level.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#5 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not scared of Philly even without KD as long as Kyrie and Claxton continue to play at an All NBA level.

Idk can Claxton really guard Embiid?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#6 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:03 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not scared of Philly even without KD as long as Kyrie and Claxton continue to play at an All NBA level.

:lol:

Really short memory here with this kid.

Why constantly thinking it's one on one thing? It's team D and there will be a lot of drop cover.

MDB is right, we should hope we get Philthy trash. Them bums got mediocre team that filled with chokers. Just watch and enjoy without panicking, they'll do job for you. Years of evidence been recorded.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#7 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:15 pm

Stone wrote:The 76ers are also coming off a western road trip but will have a few extra days rest than us. They also sat the Beard and Joel out in there last game against the Kings. These guys are cooking with grease and have won 5 in a row and 8 out 10.

We on the other hand have won two impressive victories in a row on the road and got our swag back. Kyrie has come out and said we can win against good team without KD and he has led us back from a rough adjustment period. But, it is a team sport and our other guys have stepped up also.

It will be interesting to see if we change things up to adjust to playing a big like Joel, by possibly going with a 10 man rotation and giving Morris time. Or maybe a 9 player rotation and leave Sumner out. OR---Do we let them adjust to us?

Either way that last loss to the 76ers back in November @ Philly was one of our most disappointing showings of the season. They were with Joel and James and guys like Paul Reed and DeAnthony Melton stepped up and we let it get away from us. This time around we need to keep building the trust, we have the shooters, spacing will be key.

I'm just going to watch Ben instead of over thinking here.

Also good for y'all to watch how TJ looking.

Other than that this game means nothing unless you want to talk about seeding. Welp, that's in a different thread.

This team need a coach and this players showing something for legit coach to come here. A lot will depend on how Kyrie contract will look like. 3pt_chucker got a point on Marks/Tsai, but he completely ignoring what old man NI, Woj, Lewis and others said, Marks is beyond safe. He is here to stay for a long time, Ms Tsai very confident in him and she plays huge role. Make no mistake, Brown, Ben etc be chilling around her for a reason.

Marks ain't going nowhere. We just need a coach who can deal with Kyrie.

Well I jumped way ahead of what we going to face.

As I said, we better face Philthy in a 2nd round and see whoever will get that 1st match up.

EC saltics vs Brooklyn is given, that's unless we **** the bed and slide to 4-5seed.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#8 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:17 pm

I would like to see Morris to play vs Biid. Expose this fake clown.

Just don't trust this coaching trash to know what they got.

Believe in Doc to choke this game away. If not him Harden will.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:23 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

No one can guard Embiid. He can however, try to keep himself out of foul trouble until Embiid's dumb ass gasses himself out early and resorts to settling for three pointers later.

NetsWorld
Starter

Post#10 » by NetsWorld » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:49 pm

In a playoff series, Philly wins vs the Nets in 5-6 games without KD, with KD, Nets win in 6 games. We may grab a momentum win on Thursday which will further boost the team's confidence but long term, this team needs KD.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#11 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:57 pm

NetsWorld wrote:

In a playoff series, Philly wins vs the Nets in 5-6 games without KD, with KD, Nets win in 6 games. We may grab a momentum win on Thursday which will further boost the team's confidence but long term, this team needs KD.

I love how people here like to see it one way. Now keep the same energy and think about how Philthy be looking without Biid?

Let's not Inspire them clowns come over here talking about how mediocre team can over achieve.

Ben needs time, at this point we all get it. I'm impatient myself to say least. Will fump his azz when chance is given.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#12 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:49 am

NetsWorld wrote:

Oh i meant for now. If we don't have KD in the playoffs we're cooked

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#13 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:29 am

While what Kyrie is doing is great, TJ Warren really needs to get it going as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a breakout game.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#14 » by GTR11 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:While what Kyrie is doing is great, TJ Warren really needs to get it going as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a breakout game.

Bingo

If TJ won't step up, we can kiss this season goodbye no matter what Kyrie and KD going to do. That 3rd reliable scorer is a must, currently we ain't got one. Yeah you can mitigate that with other players scoring here and there, but that's not happening with this bums that calling themselves coaches.

Plain simple, we need TJ to be 20+ pt scorer period.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,242

Post#15 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:40 am

This one is going to be tough whether Embiid plays or not. And I would slow the brakes down on thinking we can easily beat them in the playoffs. Yes Embiid gets gassed and Harden is a choker but Maxey has that dog in him and Shake Milton can get buckets, also Melton plays top notch defense.

Just don't sleep on Philly is all I'm saying, they're not a walk in the park. I rather avoid them and let Boston or Bucks deal with them tbh. But this game specifically, if Embiid don't play we kinda match up pretty well. Hopefully Ben has some fire in him to get back. Who ends up with more points Ben or PJ Tucker? lol
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#16 » by NetsWorld » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:00 pm

GTR11 wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

I love how people here like to see it one way. Now keep the same energy and think about how Philthy be looking without Biid?

Let's not Inspire them clowns come over here talking about how mediocre team can over achieve.

Ben needs time, at this point we all get it. I'm impatient myself to say least. Will fump his azz when chance is given.

I am just saying that in their current state, where they are healthy, and our current state, without KD, we are not beating them. With KD and if they have no Embiid, obviously we would devour them.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#17 » by NetsWorld » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:02 pm

Papi_swav wrote:This one is going to be tough whether Embiid plays or not. And I would slow the brakes down on thinking we can easily beat them in the playoffs. Yes Embiid gets gassed and Harden is a choker but Maxey has that dog in him and Shake Milton can get buckets, also Melton plays top notch defense.

Just don't sleep on Philly is all I'm saying, they're not a walk in the park. I rather avoid them and let Boston or Bucks deal with them tbh. But this game specifically, if Embiid don't play we kinda match up pretty well. Hopefully Ben has some fire in him to get back. Who ends up with more points Ben or PJ Tucker? lol

For Boston to deal with them, they Philly has to fall to 4. They are the second seed right now. Either way, we will see one of Boston, Philly or Milwaukee down the road. My gut tells me we are gonna face the Sixers in the second round this year.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,242

Post#18 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:38 am

NetsWorld wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This one is going to be tough whether Embiid plays or not. And I would slow the brakes down on thinking we can easily beat them in the playoffs. Yes Embiid gets gassed and Harden is a choker but Maxey has that dog in him and Shake Milton can get buckets, also Melton plays top notch defense.

For Boston to deal with them, they Philly has to fall to 4. They are the second seed right now. Either way, we will see one of Boston, Philly or Milwaukee down the road. My gut tells me we are gonna face the Sixers in the second round this year.

That can definitely happen, things are not set in stone just yet. We just have to aim for the best record possible right now. Sucks that KD is still 2 weeks away smh thought he would of been back at least next week. But yea, I'm not sure who we match up better against of those 3 teams. It's definitely competition.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#19 » by NetsWorld » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:44 am

Papi_swav wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

That can definitely happen, things are not set in stone just yet. We just have to aim for the best record possible right now. Sucks that KD is still 2 weeks away smh thought he would of been back at least next week. But yea, I'm not sure who we match up better against of those 3 teams. It's definitely competition.

Boston is the toughest match when they are healthy; Philly has a bona fide choker in Harden and Middleton just came back from his injury. Middleton has barely been available, IMO, that will bite the Bucks down the road. I still think the toughest match up will be Boston.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:29 am

Read on Twitter
?t=sOzG3IgsY4DNseCVRo9SfA&s=19

Paradise didn't you want us to draft this kid a few years back?

Return to Brooklyn Nets