ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ 76ERS 1/25 - 7:30

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,879

Re: GT: Nets @ 76ERS 1/25 - 7:30 

Post#181 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:23 pm

I don't think it's unfair to ask Ben to be aggressive. We can clearly see he's not 100% but that doesn't mean he can't still play some bully ball and attack match ups. He's got to be aggressive, and smarter defensively on screens and those touch fouls.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#182 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:26 pm

Also, Kyrie needs to be extended at ASB. Get that handled so basketball is 100% the focus. He's shut up, done what's been asked of him and he and Vaughn are clearly tight. Let's not make this difficult. Everyone is all in on trying to win.

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#183 » by NetsWorld » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, Kyrie needs to be extended at ASB. Get that handled so basketball is 100% the focus. He's shut up, done what's been asked of him and he and Vaughn are clearly tight. Let's not make this difficult. Everyone is all in on trying to win.

Agreed, I think they will come to terms with a three-year deal, which isn't unreasonable. This team seriously needs a Naz Reid type player, super young and plenty of upside. We took a second rounder in Claxton and look what he has become. Reid can do more IMO with the right coaching staff. Nets CANNOT blow this year; Bucks are dealing with injuries like tomorrow isn't coming, Boston has some nagging injuries, Philly is just soft tissue paper with crybaby Embiid not being able to handle getting blocked like a man. Instead, he's a bitch and baits Clax into a T because Sixers have no answer for him.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#184 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:39 pm

tough loss, but man, Claxton has looked GOOD! Like a totally different player this season.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#185 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, Kyrie needs to be extended at ASB. Get that handled so basketball is 100% the focus. He's shut up, done what's been asked of him and he and Vaughn are clearly tight. Let's not make this difficult. Everyone is all in on trying to win.

I'm with Marks/Tsai here. Until Kyrie camp will accept terms and conditions that is team friendly, not paying him is a right thing. He will go MIA before you'll be able to blink your eye.

Let's not forget there was no takers this off-season for Kyrie. Nike dropped him and not one other company doing any real business with Kyrie and family.

He can't be trusted period !!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#186 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:06 pm

GTR11 wrote:

I'm with Marks/Tsai here. Until Kyrie camp will accept terms and conditions that is team friendly, not paying him is a right thing. He will go MIA before you'll be able to blink your eye.

Let's not forget there was no takers this off-season for Kyrie. Nike dropped him and not one other company doing any real business with Kyrie and family.

The extension should have financial incentives, i agree. But we are really close to fielding a championship team. I want Kyrie's mind on basketball, not worrying about what happens if he gets injured without a contract

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#187 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:07 pm

NetsWorld wrote:

Agreed, I think they will come to terms with a three-year deal, which isn't unreasonable. This team seriously needs a Naz Reid type player, super young and plenty of upside. We took a second rounder in Claxton and look what he has become. Reid can do more IMO with the right coaching staff. Nets CANNOT blow this year; Bucks are dealing with injuries like tomorrow isn't coming, Boston has some nagging injuries, Philly is just soft tissue paper with crybaby Embiid not being able to handle getting blocked like a man. Instead, he's a bitch and baits Clax into a T because Sixers have no answer for him.

Like this is it, we have to do it all now. There isn't a better opportunity to win it all. I'm not scared of any team in the league if we are 100%.

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Post#188 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:22 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Ideally you do get some games played protection, but with the amount of money Kyrie has lost he's not as likely to go AWOL on his contract again... Even if he does, what the Westbrook, etc. trades of the last few years have shown is that players who are perceived to be talented always have a market...

These 1-3 years are the team's chance... When push comes to shove you have to pay Kyrie and figure the rest out later.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#189 » by Tha King » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:54 pm

Thing with Kyrie is that he's still in his prime so the next couple years he could take a step up and become the best player on the team if Durant starts to decline, allowing the team to still compete. You then also have Claxton who I don't even know what the ceiling is.

The team could actually be pretty well set up the next few years
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,431

Post#190 » by OfficialRef » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:00 pm

Problem is that the man is unpredictable as hell.

Yea hes done what hes been asked... for 2 months. I want him extended as well but you can't blame the FO for his character
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#191 » by gigantes » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:09 am

OfficialRef wrote:

Problem is that the man is unpredictable as hell.

Yea hes done what hes been asked... for 2 months. I want him extended as well but you can't blame the FO for his character

Nets already tried this at the beginning of the offseason, and he blew them off. No doubt deeply insulted that a godlike-player such as himself was offered an incentivised contract due to his... 'history of availability' let's say. Quite likely leading to his lieutenant Kevin Durant throwing a fit shortly thereafter, leading to one of the most miserable Nets' offseasons I can ever recall.

Problem is-- Nets have to sign Flakey-Flooferson for *something*, otherwise our salary balloon shrinks by that much, with no more helium around to replenish it.

So do that, and depending on how things go, if this guy is ever worth something again on the market, I'd still be mighty tempted to ship his arse out for hopefully ~80% value and get some reliable, useful pieces back. Maybe throw in one of our fleet of undersized guards, do a multi-team deal, and come back with someone extra nice..?

Return to Brooklyn Nets