And1: 1,070

Re: 2023 NBA Draft watch 

Post#161 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:02 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Netaman wrote:Here's a simple trade up idea:

DFS + #21
to
OKC #12

a veteran defensive player in the front court is sort of exactly what OKC needs, they have plenty of lotto picks already in the building trying to develop.

they have cap room so nets get another chunky trade exception and move up 9 spots. not a king's ransom for DFS but imo a pretty fair deal for both sides.

i feel like Dallas is going to have to aim for a bigger name player than DFS with their pick (probably as part of a package).

of all those teams that don't need more lotto picks(after top 7) OKC would be that team.

They be a team ready or to at least start incorporating some high upside vets.

I like looking at OKC for possible trade partner

agreed seems like a really good fit.

at #12 if we assume the main top guys are off the board I'd be really excited to add any of:

black
bufkin
wallace
coulibaly
miller

i can see a good case for any of those guys having the upside to push to start here over the next few years.

DFS would give OKC a dirty work starter for 3 years and they'd still get pick #21 or 22 to develop another young piece.

not sure if it's just the levert echo or what but i have a feeling the nets are going to add 1 of the michigan guards.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#162 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:52 pm

Netaman wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Netaman wrote:Here's a simple trade up idea:

DFS + #21
to
OKC #12

a veteran defensive player in the front court is sort of exactly what OKC needs, they have plenty of lotto picks already in the building trying to develop.

they have cap room so nets get another chunky trade exception and move up 9 spots. not a king's ransom for DFS but imo a pretty fair deal for both sides.

i feel like Dallas is going to have to aim for a bigger name player than DFS with their pick (probably as part of a package).

of all those teams that don't need more lotto picks(after top 7) OKC would be that team.

at #12 if we assume the main top guys are off the board I'd be really excited to add any of:

black
bufkin
wallace
coulibaly
miller

i can see a good case for any of those guys having the upside to push to start here over the next few years.

DFS would give OKC a dirty work starter for 3 years and they'd still get pick #21 or 22 to develop another young piece.

not sure if it's just the levert echo or what but i have a feeling the nets are going to add 1 of the michigan guards.

OKC would probably love DFS, but they probably either want to trade way up in this draft, or trade entirely out of it.

My guess is they’d eye Clax and DFS for the 12 and try throwing every pick they could and maybe Jalen William and/or Dort for Bridges.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#163 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:42 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Netaman wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:of all those teams that don't need more lotto picks(after top 7) OKC would be that team.

black
bufkin
wallace
coulibaly
miller

OKC would probably love DFS, but they probably either want to trade way up in this draft, or trade entirely out of it.

My guess is they’d eye Clax and DFS for the 12 and try throwing every pick they could and maybe Jalen William and/or Dort for Bridges.

12 for claxton alone seems wildly improbable. forgot the gobert deal, poeltl as a rental brought back the raps 2024 first which will probably be top 15 plus 2 seconds and birch.

if the nets were willing to trade claxton for anything short of a ghastly return he'd be in toronto right now and kd/siakam/fvv would probably be gearing up for game 6 vs denver.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#164 » by Rastas » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:44 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rastas wrote:Why not Scoot if he's available at #3 for Cam J and the picks.

Marks has plenty of options if it's a stud PG he is targeting.

That's not getting you close to the 3rd pick.

Oh I forgot to mention the Clax and Nurkic parts :D
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#165 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:08 pm

We move into the lottery. Hope Anthony Black is still there, all in on him. He could be a new age Jason Kidd. Also all in in Cason Wallace his a jrue, van fleet type guard
Netaman
Analyst

Post#166 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:12 pm

From Givony:

The Nets are said to be extremely active in trade conversations, having the option of using one or both of their first-round picks (Nos. 21 and 22) with players such as Dorian Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale to get to different spots in the draft if they desire. -- Givony

the more mocks i look at the less i want to give up both picks. there are a lot of interesting players in the 15-25 range of this draft and the talent level is pretty flat.

i could see moving up 10 spots with 1 of the picks if they are particularly high on a hood-schifino or bufkin or coulibaly, but there doesn't seem to be such a huge dropoff in talent from those guys to howard, miller, rupert, podziemski, and it's probably arguable the bigger name one and dones are even more talented (whitehead, smith, george). wouldn't be upset at all with clowney or nnaji either. murray, sensabaugh, prosper all in that range too.

could just be that this is the first draft i've paid attention to in forever, but it seems like a pretty deep one even if the top 10 seems weak after the first 3 picks.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#167 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:30 pm

Netaman wrote:From Givony:

The Nets are said to be extremely active in trade conversations, having the option of using one or both of their first-round picks (Nos. 21 and 22) with players such as Dorian Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale to get to different spots in the draft if they desire. -- Givony

the more mocks i look at the less i want to give up both picks. there are a lot of interesting players in the 15-25 range of this draft and the talent level is pretty flat.

i could see moving up 10 spots with 1 of the picks if they are particularly high on a hood-schifino or bufkin or coulibaly, but there doesn't seem to be such a huge dropoff in talent from those guys to howard, miller, rupert, podziemski, and it's probably arguable the bigger name one and dones are even more talented (whitehead, smith, george). wouldn't be upset at all with clowney or nnaji either. murray, sensabaugh, prosper all in that range too.

could just be that this is the first draft i've paid attention to in forever, but it seems like a pretty deep one even if the top 10 seems weak after the first 3 picks.

Marks has said in the past that you trade for a player, not a pick. He likely has a couple guys high on his list that he thinks he can get in certain spots. In the past he's had Mitchell, Allen, LeVert & Collins higher than projections & was aggressive in trying to move up for them.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#168 » by Tha King » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:51 pm

Netaman wrote:From Givony:

yea I started following this draft after the KD trade and imo it's very flat beyond the first few picks or so. The one player I'd move up for would be Anthony Black but he's probably at a range where getting even 10th won't get it done.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#169 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:57 pm

i think my ideal draft right now would be something like this:

DFS + #21 to OKC for #12 to take Kobe Bufkin (unless a top 10 prospect that falls farther than expected)
Royce to Memphis for a 2024 pick and Steven Adams.

then at #22 i'd be looking Hawkins, Podziemski, Whitehead, Clowney, Sensabaugh, Murray, Jackson.

After the draft Cam Thomas + pick(s)/filler would be trade bait for a veteran PG (the unlikely hailmary is Lillard but more likely a s&t for FVV). If the Hawks are shopping Murray I'd be interested in that depending on price.

Bruce Brown and Grant Williams would be targets for the full TPMLE if they can afford it.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#170 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:51 pm

My preference list:
1)- Scoot
2)- Whitmore
3)- Cason Wallace
Or stay put and pick Dariq Whitehead with Kris Murray.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Netaman
Analyst

Post#171 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:22 pm

I am roughly good with any 2 names on this list. Nice having 2 picks inside the cut line of the green room invites.

Read on Twitter

(rest of names tweet cuts it off)
Nick Smith
Dereck Lively II
Kobe Bufkin
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Jett Howard
Jordan Hawkins
Keyonte George
Kris Murray (declined)
Noah Clowney
Olivier Maxence-Prosper
Brandin Podziemski
Rayan Rupert
Netaman
Analyst

Post#172 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:31 pm

and #25.

Read on Twitter
GTR11
RealGM

Post#173 » by GTR11 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:11 pm

Netaman wrote:and #25.

Read on Twitter

Brooklyn turned down an offer of two first-round picks for Finney-Smith at the trade deadline and could've landed another for O'Neale, according to HoopsHype. How high could an assortment of No. 21, 22 and either player move Brooklyn in the draft? Dallas (10), Oklahoma City (12) and Atlanta (15) all have reported interest in moving their picks and could emerge as trade partners

Read on Twitter
?s=20
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#174 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:42 pm

Lively was in for a workout last night. Sounds similar to the secret last minute workout Allen had years ago. The benefits of hosting the draft. Also Vecenie is saying we've worked out Prosper multiple times & is now mocking him to us.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#175 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:51 pm

I’m hearing Beasley, 17th pick for 21 or 22 and Royce or DFS to the Lakers is a legit serious conversation.

We’re moving up 100% a fact. Getting back another piece is also going to be involved.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#176 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:55 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Lively was in for a workout last night. Sounds similar to the secret last minute workout Allen had years ago. The benefits of hosting the draft. Also Vecenie is saying we've worked out Prosper multiple times & is now mocking him to us.

Yeah, same thing I heard. They also really like Hawkins, Miller, Prosper and Black. Lively was projected to go into the 15th to 25th range.

He’s the perfect fit for Claxton and possibly a replacement if we don’t pay him next offseason.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#177 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Paradise wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Lively was in for a workout last night. Sounds similar to the secret last minute workout Allen had years ago. The benefits of hosting the draft. Also Vecenie is saying we've worked out Prosper multiple times & is now mocking him to us.

Yeah, same thing I heard. They also really like Hawkins, Miller, Prosper and Black. Lively was projected to go into the 15th to 25th range.

He’s the perfect fit for Claxton and possibly a replacement if we don’t pay him next offseason.

Hawkins is probably my 4th favorite prospect in this draft period.

Also like Lively a lot.

Those two would be great.

Edit: also like Miller a lot. Don’t know much of anything about Prosper. I love almost everything about Black, but his shooting is possibly unteachably bad.

Edit 2: Just realized that said Hawkins and I repeated it. Hendricks is my probably my 4th favorite.

Hawkins is ok, but he’s way too skinny and limited in what he can do. Fine with a late flyer on him, not as a move up target though.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#178 » by Netaman » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:12 pm

Paradise wrote:I’m hearing Beasley, 17th pick for 21 or 22 and Royce or DFS to the Lakers is a legit serious conversation.

We’re moving up 100% a fact. Getting back another piece is also going to be involved.

would be very happy with that. no issue if the other piece is bamba or vanderbilt. lakers are a good fit as a trade partner if they cant get higher
GTR11
RealGM

Post#179 » by GTR11 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

:o

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#180 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:01 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o

I'd be ok with the 13 for DFS or O'Neale and one of the 21 or 22.

Or just the 21 and 22 for the 13.

Read on Twitter

I can't hear the audio lol. What's it say?

Read on Twitter

I'd still love to see the 3/Sharpe/Simons/future picks or swaps for Bridges/Dinwiddie. I know they're not going to do it, but if Scoot is there it's a no brainer.

Return to Brooklyn Nets