GT Nets vs Pistons

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Re: GT Nets vs Pistons 

Post#21 » by JoseRizal » Thu Apr 6, 2023 9:15 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:Ideal scenario

Tomorrow Sixers beat Heat 120-80 and we got the 6 th spot ………but….

Embiid wants to score more in garbage time , so he remains in the game , in the very last minute he slips and bumps into Harden hamstring injuring his knee

Nets sweeps Sixers in the first round

A classic 2 for 1... :lol:
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#22 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 3:49 pm

It's crazy how good Claxton has gotten. It feels like these type of games are effortless to him now. His instincts and bbiq are just really impressive to watch. He just looks really controlled out there like he knows exactly what's going to happen on both ends.

This dude is definitely a future all star.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#23 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 4:23 pm

Not to hijack this thread, but til the 6th seed is official, playing the sixers is such a "of course" first rd matchup....

arguably our biggest weakness is the opponents biggest strength... Embiid gonna beat Clax down hard....

then we'll back him up with DFS or Joe Harris at the 5.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#24 » by Tha King » Thu Apr 6, 2023 4:57 pm

MGrand15 wrote:It's crazy how good Claxton has gotten. It feels like these type of games are effortless to him now. His instincts and bbiq are just really impressive to watch. He just looks really controlled out there like he knows exactly what's going to happen on both ends.

First year starting as well.

You're right on his instincts and bballIQ...wasn't he a point guard before and a point forward at UGA? As he's gotten more involved in the offense you can see those qualities more. It's even showing up in the stats as a I think he's around 3 assists a game for the second half of the season.

If he just gets stronger and improves the FT% (which has been getting better) that's an all star. With just added strength and an improved FT% (~65%) I think he levels way up offensively because there are only a few centers/PFs as quick as he is that can stay with him off the dribble and he has great touch around the basket (and has lowkey added a floater recently). If he somehow adds a jumper I don't know what his potential is.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 314

Post#25 » by Eatgreenz » Thu Apr 6, 2023 8:08 pm

Tha King wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:It's crazy how good Claxton has gotten. It feels like these type of games are effortless to him now. His instincts and bbiq are just really impressive to watch. He just looks really controlled out there like he knows exactly what's going to happen on both ends.

First year starting as well.

You're right on his instincts and bballIQ...wasn't he a point guard before and a point forward at UGA? As he's gotten more involved in the offense you can see those qualities more. It's even showing up in the stats as a I think he's around 3 assists a game for the second half of the season.

If he just gets stronger and improves the FT% (which has been getting better) that's an all star. With just added strength and an improved FT% (~65%) I think he levels way up offensively because there are only a few centers/PFs as quick as he is that can stay with him off the dribble and he has great touch around the basket (and has lowkey added a floater recently). If he somehow adds a jumper I don't know what his potential is.

And he just has dog to want to be the best he can be wouldnt be suprised if he adds a decent mid and 3pt shot
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#26 » by Papi_swav » Fri Apr 7, 2023 8:34 am

No doubt. and he has been developing some nice moves on offense. I've seen the euro step, nice lil hook shots and his floater looks good too with his nice touch around the basket. He's been awesome

Return to Brooklyn Nets