ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Re: Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale) 

Post#101 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:11 pm

Ckay wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Issuing worth getting?

I loved ghost of tsunami frim ps4

Isshin is pretty fun. If you've ever played the Yakuza series it's just like that but with swords.

Ghost of Tsushima was a classic
Map navigation in that game is nuts.

In Ghost of Tsushima? Yeah that was pretty crazy. I still honestly never cleared every area. Maybe i should revisit it

What's in your game rotation right now?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,977

Post#102 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Finally. Time to break out the video games.

What have you been playing lately??

Vikings War of Clans , been playing 6+ years and with every update this game getting better but costly too , not usual 50-100 bucks game , more in a neighborhood 300$ a week game :lol:
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#103 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:33 am

3pt_chucker wrote:Since I've been really negative, I just wanted to say Cam Johnson looked really good in the playoffs. He shot the 3 well and also showed ability to attack a close out, drive and finish at the rim. Even showed off decent mid range shots.

The team ran very few plays for or through him but he averaged 18.5pts on 51/43/87 splits and had 6 rebs and 3 asts.

He's definitely a good building piece and may be a piece for a trade for an all-star wing down the road.

Agree, he was our only player that saw his value rise once the real games started ie- playoffs.

I hated everything that happened this season, but I do think Bridges + Cam + the picks was a decent enough haul for KD. Imagine if we took that **** Barnes offer in the offseason. Now I feel dirty after praising Marks.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#104 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:58 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Ckay wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Isshin is pretty fun. If you've ever played the Yakuza series it's just like that but with swords.

Ghost of Tsushima was a classic
Map navigation in that game is nuts.

In Ghost of Tsushima? Yeah that was pretty crazy. I still honestly never cleared every area. Maybe i should revisit it

What's in your game rotation right now?

Oh yea clear thelat ish

**** great world builder... so much to explore

Even after finishing the gm it still has action to do
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,842

Post#105 » by Karate Diop » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:36 am

I'm not happy with how the season ended... But I'm happy the season is over, and excited to see what the future holds...

I'm personally hoping for a fuller teardown if someone like Dame (I'm a Dame Stan) can't be acquired for a reasonable price...
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#106 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:25 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Can’t believe it you still Vaughn apologist

Vaughn and Marks is garbage , they put this team in a position they in

Vaughn is terrible.

But youre an idiot if you think hes the only problem.

This team horrific from 3 all series long. On wide open shots.

This. Our 3 pt shooting has been terrible since the trade. If we were even mediocre from distance, then PHI would have won in 6 instead of a sweep.

Almosy incomprhensible how O'Neal/Curry/Harris all sucked from 3.

Not to mention DFS and Dinwiddie kept sucking.

Our entire offense revolved around 3 pointers. And all 4 games we were horrendous. Sixers were leaving us open and playing zone the whole series.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#107 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:26 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Can’t believe it you still Vaughn apologist

Vaughn and Marks is garbage , they put this team in a position they in

Vaughn is terrible.

It’s hard to hit the 3 when Dinwiddie hold the ball 22 seconds on every possession

Watch the game , did you saw great ball movement? I didn’t

Last , fish spoil from the head , Tsai and Marks is problem as well , i said this several times , read the posts before spewing idiot bs

LOL. So its Dinwiddie's fault every was missing wide open 3s despite being elite shooters? Are you kidding me?

Youre grasping for straws here.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#108 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:28 am

Anyway, this series sucked.

But with all that being said. I do NOT regret the KD/Kyrie trades at all.

In case people forget we also got swept last year. Somehow WITH KD and Kyrie.

At least this was supposed to get swept.

We now have something to look forward to with Bridges/Cam J/Claxton etc. Need to focus on adding young talent and rehabbinh Simmons.

The future is looking much better than it did last off season.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#109 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:39 am

I come in peace.

First off.. Great game, guys. You really played hard out there.

As fans, we generally underrate how much time it requires for a team to gel together. And I feel that that Nets does not have a playoff, chemistry and scheme equipped for the playoffs. And this lies all the problem.

But nevertheless, your guys fought really hard and I find JV’s scheme to be good on paper. But in reality, it’s just not good enough against our team who spent around a decade of AB testing to finally get our playoff ready roster and we have the entire season to get ready for the playoffs by keeping games close or trying to fall behind intentionally and trying to win these games.

It was also a bad match-up.

Moving forward, I hope you guys put importance on a guy who can breakdown the defense. This is the most important trait in the playoffs. I dont think Dinwiddie and Mikal are those, so I dont you guys dont buy into these fool’s gold.

The team needs a POINT/COMBO GUARD. Dinwiddie is not that. I dont think you have that on your team yet. And lucky for you point or combo guards are abundant nowadays. Just by looking at the draft, Marcus Sasser is available late in the first round.

For go to scorer, I’m a big follower of CAM THOMAS, and I think he has the talent to be one of the best scorers in the league. The problem with Cam Thomas now is he is immature and is looking for his own, than trying to win a championship. The only way to solve this is letting him scratch this itch and most young players have this mindset because they want their supermax.

I think Cam Thomas should be playing 6th man at the very least. How Heat handled Tyler Herro is a good way to handle him. You also dont want to give him the free reigns immediately for it will not correct his bad habits and will end up like Jordan Poole or Zach Lavine.

Defensively, teams put too much importance on length and defense. But scoring is just more important for no matter how good your lengthy defenders are, superstars can always hunt mismatches. And a contender always a PG size player at PG and a C size player at the C. Dont get into the trap of what the Raps is into now.

That said, Jacque Vaughn reminds me of Brett Brown. He inspires young guys but the theories that looks good on imagination or on paper, makes him looks past of what the real world result that leads him to be reluctant for adjustments. And that is the difference of an experienced coach, but I dont think your team is at that stage for that.

Finally, just want to say.. best of luck! And see you guys again next season. And i’ll be dropping by time to time as Cam Thomas SZN approaches.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#110 » by Marvin Martian » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:07 am

Jordan Poole and Zach Lavine are nowhere near as selfish as Cam Thomas. Cam's ability to read the floor is not even at a high school level.

He might be an interesting project for another team, but not this one as the Nets do not control their draft picks for the foreseeable future.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,977

Post#111 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:18 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Vaughn is terrible.

It’s hard to hit the 3 when Dinwiddie hold the ball 22 seconds on every possession

Last , fish spoil from the head , Tsai and Marks is problem as well , i said this several times , read the posts before spewing idiot bs

LOL. So its Dinwiddie's fault every was missing wide open 3s despite being elite shooters? Are you kidding me?

You just don’t understand the difference between wide open three with a second on the clock left , and wide open three within flow of the offense

I find it dumbfounding that specifically you with years on this forum , fail to understand basics
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#112 » by NetsJets » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:34 pm

This is insane.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q9ZfAf_VfOcaELq9UpCt-A
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#113 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:12 pm

NetsJets wrote:This is insane.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q9ZfAf_VfOcaELq9UpCt-A

Wow.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#114 » by Shark » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:53 pm

Still got more minutes than Yuta, Sumner, and Cam Thomas :banghead:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#115 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:20 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

You just don’t understand the difference between wide open three with a second on the clock left , and wide open three within flow of the offense

I find it dumbfounding that specifically you with years on this forum , fail to understand basics

Again delusional.

There were PLENTY of wide open 3s in rythm that people missed.

Its just give you a hard on to act like its just one thing that went wrong. Us missing wide open shots was a HUGE problem.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#116 » by GTR11 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:19 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Again delusional.

Its just give you a hard on to act like its just one thing that went wrong. Us missing wide open shots was a HUGE problem.

Even if we round up percentage. We only shot 29% from 3 as a team this series. We were shooting 33% since trade.

26% from left corner, 32% from right corner and 33 from the top.

That last game we shot 23% from 3 as a team.

Before KD went down we shot at 42%.

Crazy stuff is, we had more uncontested 3's after trade :lol:

Pretty much tells you about confidence level more than anything.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#117 » by NetsWorld » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:10 pm

76ciology wrote:I come in peace.

As fans, we generally underrate how much time it requires for a team to gel together. And I feel that that Nets does not have a playoff, chemistry and scheme equipped for the playoffs. And this lies all the problem.

But nevertheless, your guys fought really hard and I find JV’s scheme to be good on paper. But in reality, it’s just not good enough against our team who spent around a decade of AB testing to finally get our playoff ready roster and we have the entire season to get ready for the playoffs by keeping games close or trying to fall behind intentionally and trying to win these games.

Moving forward, I hope you guys put importance on a guy who can breakdown the defense. This is the most important trait in the playoffs. I dont think Dinwiddie and Mikal are those, so I dont you guys dont buy into these fool’s gold.

The team needs a POINT/COMBO GUARD. Dinwiddie is not that. I dont think you have that on your team yet. And lucky for you point or combo guards are abundant nowadays. Just by looking at the draft, Marcus Sasser is available late in the first round.

For go to scorer, I’m a big follower of CAM THOMAS, and I think he has the talent to be one of the best scorers in the league. The problem with Cam Thomas now is he is immature and is looking for his own, than trying to win a championship. The only way to solve this is letting him scratch this itch and most young players have this mindset because they want their supermax.

I think Cam Thomas should be playing 6th man at the very least. How Heat handled Tyler Herro is a good way to handle him. You also dont want to give him the free reigns immediately for it will not correct his bad habits and will end up like Jordan Poole or Zach Lavine.

Defensively, teams put too much importance on length and defense. But scoring is just more important for no matter how good your lengthy defenders are, superstars can always hunt mismatches. And a contender always a PG size player at PG and a C size player at the C. Dont get into the trap of what the Raps is into now.

That said, Jacque Vaughn reminds me of Brett Brown. He inspires young guys but the theories that looks good on imagination or on paper, makes him looks past of what the real world result that leads him to be reluctant for adjustments. And that is the difference of an experienced coach, but I dont think your team is at that stage for that.

Finally, just want to say.. best of luck! And see you guys again next season. And i’ll be dropping by time to time as Cam Thomas SZN approaches.

You will need to worry about Harden bolting and Embiid's injury. You guys will also soon be on the front of potentially having to rebuild and start a new "process".
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 213

Post#118 » by ChuckS » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:52 pm

76ciology wrote:I come in peace.

Nice post. Thanks. Nice to "see an old face" again. Haven't been on the Sixer board in years, I couldn't take any more Hinkieness. I suppose it worked. You did get Embid. All I got was older, unless you count Simmons.

Don't tell anyone here I was a DC fan.

Good Luck going forward. Looks like some tougher days ahead.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#119 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:31 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Again delusional.

Even if we round up percentage. We only shot 29% from 3 as a team this series. We were shooting 33% since trade.

26% from left corner, 32% from right corner and 33 from the top.

That last game we shot 23% from 3 as a team.

Before KD went down we shot at 42%.

Crazy stuff is, we had more uncontested 3's after trade :lol:

Pretty much tells you about confidence level more than anything.

Its actually insane how terrible we were from 3.

Dinwiddie/DFS alone were a huge part of it though.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#120 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:39 pm

Joe Harris is statisitcally one of the best 3 point shooters in NBA history.

And he transforms into Ben Simmons in the playoffs. Its actually shocking how bad he is.

Return to Brooklyn Nets