ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Re: Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale) 

Post#81 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:22 pm

Embarrassing performance all around. But I'm glad it's over, what a roller coaster season and might be my worst season as a fan honestly. Thank god I'm more mature now and don't put too much stock into this as I did when I was younger.

It would be nice to get Nick Nurse with the way he left Toronto and we're a division rivalry. He told Masai "good luck with these guys" and dipped lol thats pretty funny. I think I'd rather have missed the playoffs and get a lottery pick with this sad performance, I knew we wasn't going to beat Philly but there wasn't much to get hyped about in this series at all. Whatever, let's hope for a good offseason. Hope Marks can hit on both our draft picks.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#82 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:38 pm

Some of y'all thought I was crazy when I said this team should just tank because the team is going nowhere with this roster and coach.. Glad some people are seeing the light now.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#83 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:38 pm

I don't know why people are getting excited about Lillard. Giving up significant assets for ~50 games of an aging Lillard every season is a horrible return.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:43 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Some of y'all thought I was crazy when I said this team should just tank because the team is going nowhere with this roster and coach.. Glad some people are seeing the light now.

Imagine landing Scoot Henderson? Man :nonono:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#85 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:48 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Not a single game of even decent 3 point shooting.

As much as I dislike Vaughn this shooting is unforgivable. Our supposed good shooters miss **** everything. Chokers.

Can’t believe it you still Vaughn apologist

Vaughn and Marks is garbage , they put this team in a position they in

Vaughn is terrible.

But youre an idiot if you think hes the only problem.

This team horrific from 3 all series long. On wide open shots.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,819

Post#86 » by Rich Rane » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Finally. Time to break out the video games.

What have you been playing lately??

Final Fantasy VII Intergrade, new tracks on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, and waiting for the new Zelda.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#87 » by Shark » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:58 pm

Went to the game and wow. 2nd half was just depressing.

Clax had 15 points at the half and got 2 shots the rest of the way. Its an absolute crime that Vaughn couldn't get the team to look for him, especially with Embiid being out. Just inexplicable stuff.

Felt like this was the first time Bridges was visibly flustered and pressing, especially in the second half. In the first half he at least made some good passes. He missed a lot of shots he had been making before, but as the game went on he really put himself in tough spots. But this was easily his worst game as a Net and unfortunately it came during an elimination game.

Cam was again impressive in the first half. Felt like he had a hand in a bit of everything. Faded in the second half though, like with the rest of the team.

Dinwiddie started off hot then settled into his usual BS. Too much dribbling, really bad turnovers. In his first stint with us he used to drie way more often. Not really sure what's being asked of him or if he's just decided that his talents are best used pounding the ball to dust, but he's just not going to do it for us.

Harris was abused on the defensive end in the first half, yet Vaughn still felt the need to put him back in. Mills got run and was just like Harris, getting abused on the defensive end and missing wide open looks. For some reason Sumner and Yuta were glued to the bench even though they would have given us better size on the defensive end while Sumner could push the pace and Yuta could have given us another try at finding the hot hand from 3.

I don't want to be completely down about everything because I like the trio of Bridges, Cam Johnson, and Clax, but there isn't much to have high hopes for. Sure we could make a move for a star, but what's the team going to look like afterwards? Marks has shown time and again that he can't really fill out a balanced roster. Vaughn is still going to be coach. IDK...
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#88 » by NetsJets » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:59 pm

Couple made open 3’s and at the minimum this series is 1-3.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#89 » by Claud » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:04 pm

This is the darkest timeline friends. BK fans deserved much better. Shame on Kyrie and Joe Tsai for ruining everything.

The entire franchise needs a new reboot, some new faces, new ideas, etc.

I will always appreciate all the positives Marks brought to the franchise after years of purgatory, but we can't lie to ourselves and say he's been a good GM during the Kyrie/Harden/KD era. He repeatedly made poor decisions(Not signing a big that can rebound for ex), hiring Nash an amateur as our coach during our golden window to win it all, harden/simmons trade etc..

It's time for Marks to go. It's time for the coaching staff to leave. Preferably, Tsai as well.

Clax + the Twins + picks is a solid start for a new rebuild phase, but Marks should not be the one to mold that future.

We need another top 15 player or one of the twins to make the jump to star player for us to do anything beyond making the playoffs and getting swept vs elite talent.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#90 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:07 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Finally. Time to break out the video games.

Final Fantasy VII Intergrade, new tracks on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, and waiting for the new Zelda.

Intergrade is in my rotation as well as Isshin: Like A Dragon (Yakuza but set during the days of Samurai), and Forspoken on PS5. On Switch I'm playing Octopath Traveler II and I'm also waiting for Zelda. Can't wait for that

Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,055

Post#91 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:18 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

As much as I dislike Vaughn this shooting is unforgivable. Our supposed good shooters miss **** everything. Chokers.

Vaughn is terrible.

This. Our 3 pt shooting has been terrible since the trade. If we were even mediocre from distance, then PHI would have won in 6 instead of a sweep.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,972

Post#92 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Vaughn is terrible.

It’s hard to hit the 3 when Dinwiddie hold the ball 22 seconds on every possession

Watch the game , did you saw great ball movement? I didn’t

Last , fish spoil from the head , Tsai and Marks is problem as well , i said this several times , read the posts before spewing idiot bs
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Some of y'all thought I was crazy when I said this team should just tank because the team is going nowhere with this roster and coach.. Glad some people are seeing the light now.

Imagine landing Scoot Henderson? Man :nonono:

It’s easy to imagine , Henderson? In the Vaughn doghouse since the summer league LOL
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#94 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Intergrade is in my rotation as well as Isshin: Like A Dragon (Yakuza but set during the days of Samurai), and Forspoken on PS5. On Switch I'm playing Octopath Traveler II and I'm also waiting for Zelda. Can't wait for that

Issuing worth getting?

I loved ghost of tsunami frim ps4
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:03 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Vaughn is terrible.

This. Our 3 pt shooting has been terrible since the trade. If we were even mediocre from distance, then PHI would have won in 6 instead of a sweep.

Cause of what Nostradamus?

Because they missing Embiid this two games ?

3 point shooters gotta have rhythm to knock them down , tell me one sequence when we played with rhythm under Vaughn ?

I help you with that , first quarter of very first game when Mikal and CamJ joined this team , I forgot who we played against but that was the only time we played beautiful coordinated rhythm basketball

Do you think who’s fault it is it only last ONE (1) quarter ?

This team missing parts , I agree , but even with the players we have this team was never put in position to win , again whose fault it is ?

Some people needs to watch Tsai/Marks/Vaughn BS for 3 more years to understand this , another 3 sweeps ( if we lucky to make the playoffs) then you’ll get it , I’m sure
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#96 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:06 pm

Since I've been really negative, I just wanted to say Cam Johnson looked really good in the playoffs. He shot the 3 well and also showed ability to attack a close out, drive and finish at the rim. Even showed off decent mid range shots.

The team ran very few plays for or through him but he averaged 18.5pts on 51/43/87 splits and had 6 rebs and 3 asts.

He's definitely a good building piece and may be a piece for a trade for an all-star wing down the road.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#97 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:12 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Issuing worth getting?

Isshin is pretty fun. If you've ever played the Yakuza series it's just like that but with swords.

Ghost of Tsushima was a classic

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#98 » by gigantes » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:12 pm

My stream locked up with a few minutes left in the 4th, and... yeah, good time to call the season a wrap. :/

Marks just never should have gotten in to the Kyrie Irving business.
That's the one constant that screwed every season over.

I'm just happy there are other teams to watch now, with interesting players.
Really no need to waste any more words or think about the Nets for a long while..
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:16 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Since I've been really negative, I just wanted to say Cam Johnson looked really good in the playoffs. He shot the 3 well and also showed ability to attack a close out, drive and finish at the rim. Even showed off decent mid range shots.

The team ran very few plays for or through him but he averaged 18.5pts on 51/43/87 splits and had 6 rebs and 3 asts.

He's definitely a good building piece and may be a piece for a trade for an all-star wing down the road.

You know what famous HC Jurgen Kloop answered when asked , what is his criteria when hiring new player ?

I quote "I don’t meet players to talk about soccer , the reason I talk to them at all means they are amazing players already , but I want to know their mindset , their work ethic , determination, if I see qualities I want to see I’ll hire them , otherwise in no go "

Cameron Johnson is the player I see all this positive qualities, I want him retained even if we overpay a little at first
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,347

Post#100 » by Ckay » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Issuing worth getting?

Isshin is pretty fun. If you've ever played the Yakuza series it's just like that but with swords.

Ghost of Tsushima was a classic
Map navigation in that game is nuts.

Return to Brooklyn Nets