ImageImageImageImageImage

NJN-MIL

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

NJN-MIL 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:14 am

If Milwaukee is looking to shed salary and add a swingman defender, this could work for both parties:

Magloire and Wright for Bell, Villanueva and Noel (Trade ID #4392373)

Bell's contract is long, but he could definitely find a role off the bench alongside Darrell Armstrong. Noel is a cheap Wright replacement, and CV could be a valuable weapon along with our other bigs. Until Krstic round back into form, he could be our main bigman weapon, and in a large role Charlie has proven he can shine. Reuniting with fellow Huskies Williams and Boone shouldn't hurt his chances to excel here, either.

So, would you do it?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#2 » by deviljets7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:29 am

I probably would, but then again it's not my money.

If we're going to take on money (Bell's contract looks quite horrid right now), I'd rather do it in a deal for someone who is more proven and consistent than CV, even if it meant dealing a pick and/or Marcus Williams. At this point, is CV really any better than Boone or Sean?
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
mack69
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by mack69 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:00 pm

deviljets7 wrote:I probably would, but then again it's not my money.

If we're going to take on money (Bell's contract looks quite horrid right now), I'd rather do it in a deal for someone who is more proven and consistent than CV, even if it meant dealing a pick and/or Marcus Williams. At this point, is CV really any better than Boone or Sean?

Exactly, Bell makes a lot of money which will warrant playing time. CV I really dont know if he is tough enough to complement our three stars. Malik fills the need at this time.

The Seattle deal that you suggested the other day is a better deal.
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tsp00n
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by tsp00n » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:02 pm

deviljets7 wrote:I probably would, but then again it's not my money.

def... unlike sean and josh cv canmake his own offensive plays... can rebound.. and has a good jumper...
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#5 » by Adam1221 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Hmmm this is actually a great trade for us.....
Bell's contract is quite big and ugly but hey the guy can produce when he wants to and has great potential.
CV will give us that extra nice frontcourt help we need the guy will be a great 6th man/starter we need.

Milwaukee probably wants to start rebuilding with this terrible season and what better way to do it than get some very nice expirings under your belt?

Great job dude, now.......make it happen Thorn!
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Pugsley_2491 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:01 pm

why don't you switch out wright for malik. i think having both malik and cv would be a little pointless because they play the same. i really like the trade because he gives us good insurance incase nenad can't come back. but would MIL do it? would we have to throw in a pick or something?
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#7 » by S.I.C. GM » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Pugsley_2491 wrote:why don't you switch out wright for malik. i think having both malik and cv would be a little pointless because they play the same. i really like the trade because he gives us good insurance incase nenad can't come back. but would MIL do it? would we have to throw in a pick or something?

Can CV hit jumpers? No Thank. Allen fits better. We have Boone and SWill dont need CV.
SIC
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#8 » by deviljets7 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:40 am

tsp00n wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

def... unlike sean and josh cv canmake his own offensive plays... can rebound.. and has a good jumper...

Sean and Josh both average more rebounds per 48 minutes than CV. Try again.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.

Return to Brooklyn Nets