ImageImageImageImageImage

I love the Knicks media! Free laughs.. keeps me going

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

I love the Knicks media! Free laughs.. keeps me going 

Post#1 » by JKiddy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:33 am

First they say that the Nets offered Vince Carter for freaking ZACH RANDOLPH and they turned it down! - then they get called out for lying and admit that they offered Zach to the Nets for Vince and they were rejected and laughed at.

THEN THEY FIRE BACK

Round 2

- They say that the Nets are interested in a Renaldo Balkman (one of the biggest mistakes in NBA History - and one of the worst players scouts have seen in 25 years) for Jason Kidd

I love them. Seriously, I am not being sarcastic. They crack me up and I can't wait for their next move!
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#2 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:49 am

I bet their next rumor is going to be that the Nets are offering them Jason Kidd, Sean Williams, and Marcus Williams for Stephon Marbury and Mardy Collins.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,251

Re: I love the Knicks media! Free laughs.. keeps me going 

Post#3 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 am

JKiddy wrote:First they say that the Nets offered Vince Carter for freaking ZACH RANDOLPH and they turned it down! - then they get called out for lying and admit that they offered Zach to the Nets for Vince and they were rejected and laughed at.

THEN THEY FIRE BACK

Round 2

- They say that the Nets are interested in a Renaldo Balkman (one of the biggest mistakes in NBA History - and one of the worst players scouts have seen in 25 years) for Jason Kidd

I love them. Seriously, I am not being sarcastic. They crack me up and I can't wait for their next move!

:o

I'm going to post what you wrote on the Knicks board - so we can laugh too. :D
Go NY Go NY Go
JKiddy
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by JKiddy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:01 am

I sure hope you do! If anyone laughs about that then their IQ level is not sufficient enough for our board. But, if it makes their day by all means go for it bro!!

I wish I could high 5 you from here!
lurkingobeiscity
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#5 » by lurkingobeiscity » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:00 am

JKiddy wrote:I sure hope you do! If anyone laughs about that then their IQ level is not sufficient enough for our board. But, if it makes their day by all means go for it bro!!

I wish I could high 5 you from here!

It's bad enough that you take an elitist view of the Nets board, but then you also know nothing about Balkman besides what you heard for 5 minutes on draft night.
Enetric wrote:Although Brook is close....despite the fact that he may be the weirdest guy in the league. Love the voice...(one time...me and Robin were in a tickle fight...and I was like...Robin...stop teasing me...)
JKiddy
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by JKiddy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:03 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/p ... yerId=2986

enough said... just admit defeat... this isn't even fun
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:22 pm

JKiddy wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2986

enough said... just admit defeat... this isn't even fun

So, you're falling back to the "I just look at the stats" argument and you think that's an automatic win?

Balk had an injury and he missed the entire pre-season. It's not surprising that he had a slow start this season. Balk can rebound, defend, block shots, create steals, and he's been a key player in several recent games, but if you just want to post stats and laugh, and ask others to admit defeat, well, let me know how that works for you. Most people would choose inteligence over ignorance given the option.

oh, and as a side note - the rumor was Curry & Balkman for Kidd, which isn't a bad offer. and personally, I'm glad it didn't go through.

and as another side note - GMs lie all the time about what was offered and what trades were discussed. It's a shell game. There's no advantage to showing everyone your hand. GMs are secret keepers and liars to the media. And that's how it should be.

if you want to laugh at the NY media - those story hungry guys, and some are good, but several are quite ridiculous, then go ahead - but if you had the incredible balk on your team, you'd love him.

and you couldn't be more wrong when you say he's a joke of a draft pick and a terrible player.
Go NY Go NY Go
St_Patrick_Nets
Freshman

Post#8 » by St_Patrick_Nets » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm

now Magic Johnson says they will make the playoffs

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... /20080131/
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#9 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Magic has to lay off the ganja.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#10 » by Adam1221 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:19 pm

Knicks have nothing that interests us
bigmoney
Banned User

Post#11 » by bigmoney » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 pm

if you were a **** knick fan you wouldnt like the pacers you dumb **** its called a rivalary... or maybe your 10 year old ass doesnt know what that is
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 pm

bigmoney wrote:if you were a **** knick fan you wouldnt like the pacers you dumb **** its called a rivalary... or maybe your 10 year old ass doesnt know what that is

Pacerfan was a mod who recently died of cancer. The avatar is a tribute to him. I don't like the pacers team, but I respect the man and my avatar is a tribute to him.

and I just came here to defend my man Balkman from some unfair things that were being said about him.

You're also wrong about my being 10. :-)
Go NY Go NY Go
KiddtorJ
Banned User

Post#13 » by KiddtorJ » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm a nets fan and I think Isiah Thomas is a good Scout He drafted a lot of good players like Lee, Nate, Frye, EVEN BALKMAN. Yes he was taken too early in the draft and they could've I guess Marcus Williams, However, Balkman is still a good player he is just young too young. His only real problem is shooting which is a skill that can be learned through time but, overall he was a good player.

What I don't agree on is the trade for Balkman and Curry for Jkidd. Both, players haven't prove anything that they will be anything in the NBA balkman is still too young to see what he really can do and Curry is underachieving. He has been in the league for a long time now but he still make rookie mistakes. Maybe if the knicks gives us a pick or add in a proven young player like Lee we can do it. However, for the Nets I think it is horrible.
Serpo
Veteran

Post#14 » by Serpo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:39 pm

The biggest Problem about this trade isn't Balkman , it's Eddie Curry .

He just blows and without Kidd who kicks his butt ( not sure it would help though ) , theres no reason to believe he would be better then he is right now.
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#15 » by jerseyjac » Fri Feb 1, 2008 12:23 am

bigmoney wrote:if you were a **** knick fan you wouldnt like the pacers you dumb **** its called a rivalary... or maybe your 10 year old ass doesnt know what that is

bad move...
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Da big3 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 12:58 am

NO, NO, NO, and NO, Jkiddy is right, Balkman will never be the star that marcus, boone will be, Balkman is a good energy player thats all, however you cant call him big mistake draft, yes they passed on Marcus, but not when you have the Likes of Kwame Brown, and what they traded for him.
keepthenetsinnj
Junior

Post#17 » by keepthenetsinnj » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:33 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:o

I'm going to post what you wrote on the Knicks board - so we can laugh too. :D

How can you say that Balkman was a good pick at #20??!! They could have had Rajon Rondo, Marcus Williams, Jordan Farmar, or Josh Boone, but instead they picked Balkman. That was a big mistake by the Knicks.
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#18 » by Jemini80 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:01 am

the only player who is significantly better than Balkman on that list is Farmar.

until Williams gets in shape all he is is "potential".

i hate Balkman, but he doesn't suck, he just isn't good.

if you want players on the knicks who suck, they would be Curry and Collins because they can't do the most important things for their positions.

Curry can't rebound or block shots, and Collins can't dribble or protect his dribble.

both teams suck, and idk why Nets fans think they can make fun of a team that actually has enough fans to sell their arena out. Plus, both teams are screwed just as bad for the future. VC is overpaid and not worth 14 mil, plus right when that comes off you will have to overpay for Jefferson and offer him a max deal.

Nets had their chance, and now they will have to deal with the realization Knicks fans had when they traded away Ewing, that they blew their last chance. You guys will trade away Kidd, start rebuiding, because the only thing the owners care about is getting the team ready for their eventual move to brooklyn.

both teams have good young players and both have overpaid veterans, but unless the Nets ever get a big man, they are screwed because idk of a team that would take VC's deal without you having to package both Williams's (this is excluding Isiah "i sexually harass trannies" Thomas, and also Riley he is probably dumb enough to make that move).

i find the biggest difference between fans is Knicks' fans know their team sucks, but we have other teams in NY, Nets fans can't accept their team sucks and all they have are the Devils.

but you guys just haven't realized it yet, and rip me all you want,but Zbo for Carter would be a good trade for you and a HORRIBLE trade for the Knicks. ZBo would work perfect next to Collins or Williams, but people barely watch him and think of him what they hear about him.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:12 am

keepthenetsinnj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How can you say that Balkman was a good pick at #20??!! They could have had Rajon Rondo, Marcus Williams, Jordan Farmar, or Josh Boone, but instead they picked Balkman. That was a big mistake by the Knicks.

Agree with Jemini80.

If you actually watch Balkman play, then you wouldn't be calling Balkman a bad pick. Q rich sat out today's game with the flu and Balk had a double doublt - 11 pts, 10 boards, off the bench, with 2 blocks, 1 steal and a wheelbarrel full of good defense. This was the first time Balkman was first guy off the bench for us and many knick fans don't understand why Isiah is playing Q Rich over Balkman to begin with.

- to keep the nets in Jersey's post - Rondo looks pretty good, I'll admit Rondo is the better player right now. Boone? I'm not convinced. Boone's a good rebounder but not much else and I wasn't that impressed with him when I watched him play, but Boone is doing OK - time will tell if Boone is better than Balkman, the Jury is still out.

and Marcus WIlliams - hello, why does Marcus get a free pass for his injury when Balkman doesn't? Marcus has done nada this year. Nothing. Zero. Zip.

Lots of people say that Balkman might still ahve been around had the knicks left him to 29 (though that's not a given), but outside of that theory, Balkman was not a bad pick. I mean, hek, if we could have ROndo & Balkman over Balkman & Collins - I'd take that absolutly.

and, trust me - when my team make sa bad pick, I'm not shy to say it. I hate back picks.

I do not, in any way, shape or form, feel Balk was a bad pick. I think Balk was a good pick and I'm happy to have him on the Knicks.

- - -

as far as keeping the nets in Jersey - I hope they stay in Jersey too. The move to Brooklyn is going to mess up that neighborhood and I love Brooklyn, and the Nets are rivals, so I don't like the nets. I want the nets to stay in Jersey too. I hate that they are moving.
Go NY Go NY Go
Da big3
Starter

Post#20 » by Da big3 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:21 am

role player at best

Return to Brooklyn Nets