ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Nets vs. Nuggets (Game 69)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Post#41 » by NjNeTs1029 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:34 pm

NetsForce wrote:Well guys... At least Villanova won today.

nova and san diego killed my bracket :nonono: :nonono: .. i still got a shot though i went like 28/34 in the first round
jcrack32
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#42 » by jcrack32 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Adam1221 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Here's the rundown.
We trail by 17 in the 3rd quarter.
We actually come back and lead by 1 point.
Frank for no reason at all takes out a FLIPIN rollin Harris, and after the offense sucks inserts him back in 1 minute later so what did he do with that move? NOTHING but kill his momentum.
The team was again rolling and Frank decides to take out Vince who was playing life an all star which lead to a 12 nothing run......and Frank being Frank didnt do anything until the lead got back to 12.

And I guess you assume that Frank decided to wait till VC and Harris were on a roll to take them out?? Or is it simply possible that the guys needed a rest on the end of a back to back. Harris played 41 mins and VC played 39 mins. We have a terrible bench...this is gonna happen when we don't have guys that come in from the bench and step up. At some point in the game VC, Harris and RJ will have to sit...if no one steps up, the Nuggets extend the lead. Its gonna happen...big reason why a scorer coming off the bench is so important.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#43 » by Adam1221 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:55 pm

jcrack32 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And I guess you assume that Frank decided to wait till VC and Harris were on a roll to take them out?? Or is it simply possible that the guys needed a rest on the end of a back to back. Harris played 41 mins and VC played 39 mins. We have a terrible bench...this is gonna happen when we don't have guys that come in from the bench and step up. At some point in the game VC, Harris and RJ will have to sit...if no one steps up, the Nuggets extend the lead. Its gonna happen...big reason why a scorer coming off the bench is so important.

If that was the case than why did he re-insert Harris into the game 50 seconds later?
Face it Frank sabatoged the team again, yes the bench sucked but it doesnt chagne the fact that we would have probably won if Frank had a decent idea of what a solid rotation is.
And can you really sit there and tell me that you think that it was the right decision to take out Vince the second we got a measley 1 point lead instead of taking him out when the team was leading by 8-10 points?
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#44 » by Birth of the Cool » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:24 pm

jcrack32 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

obviously resting players is ideal but the Nets are not in an ideal situation.

This wasn't on the back end of a back-to-back, this was the front end.

Yes the bench needs to step up but let's face it Marcus Williams & Boki Nachbar are the only bench players who have good potential for "big" scoring nights. SWat & Swift maybe if you're lucky & the others are mostly offensively challenged. The Nets bench are what they are now, can't solve anything until the offseason but until then we are still in the playoff hunt whether some people like it or not.

If the Nets were comfortably in playoff position or comfortably out of playoff position then I say go ahead & reduce Devin/VC/RJ's minutes as they all need rest but the Nets are fighting for their playoff lives and there's 13 games left. Every win/loss counts so if VC/Devin/RJ have to play heavy minutes for the remainder of the games for the Nets to win then so be it ! They can rest once they are mathematically locked in or locked out of the playoffs.

I don't see how anyone can defend Frank when VC was sitting on the bench & Denver started to demolish the Nets...suddenly down 6 he should have at least had a timeout in mind, down 8 call the damn timeout already !!...double digit leads are psychological advantage for any opponent. All the energy & momentum Nets had disappeared & that was the game all in 2 minutes and a game can change suddenly just like that but Frank didn't recognize it till it was too late. A day later and I'm still annoyed by this game. Need a win over the 76ers to get this bad taste out.
jcrack32
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#45 » by jcrack32 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:58 pm

You're right...I meant to say the front end of the back to back. Regardless my premise remains the same. We can't expect VC, Harris and RJ to play the whole game...they're gonna need some rest. If its not at that moment in the game, then it might be the next time they get a rest that the Nuggets go on a run. Its bound to happen. Could Frank have done a better job with resting VC, Harris and RJ ...I'm sure he could have. Against a good team, our starters are not enough to pull out a win. I know people have mentioned getting a scorer for the bench in the past but I think its critical to do that this offseason.

Return to Brooklyn Nets