Frank?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Frank? 

Post#1 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Is he the right coach for this team.

In the past few seasons we have had a few young players that had potential. marcus williams, wright, hassan adams, brandon armstrong, and planinic. now looking at these names you all might say that none of them will or did amount to anything. But we can all say that coming in all these guys had potential and some of them we were begging for them to play more.

marcus is a good player. If frank would actually let him play and not pull him for ever little mistake he makes then maybe he will become the point guard we all know is in him. He is a great passer and shooter and can drive pretty well. His head is not there and I blame frank for his head games with marcus.

wright just got signed to an extension with the mavs. they like him. he is a good defender and his shot was coming along. he just needed more confidence in it. again frank pulled him the second he missed a shot or made a mistake.

adams and armstrong kinda fall into the same category. both were just not as talented as the others could have been. adams a great athlete but not much more. armstrong a good shooter but not much more. these are the only two that you really did expect much from. But in the case of armstrong there was potential there. he was a good shooter. but the same with marcus and wright he barely played and when he did any missed shot or mistake he was pulled.

planinic was different, he got his chance. but I do think he had some more potential. I know blaming frank for him not reaching his potential is wrong but he is just another example of untapped potential under frank.

Its not a long list. Mainly because we really haven't had that many young players with potential on the team since frank has been coach. Rj and collins were already proving themselves under scott. and krstic was showing how great he could be until the injury. And I don't count mili ilic.

now with all the young players we have now what is he going to do. Brook makes a mistake or is giving up more baskets then he should, is he going to pull him and put in boone. Yi misses too many shots is he going to pull him and put in najera for defense. anderson seems like he is going to take longer then the others to develop we all know how thats going to go for him with frank as the coach - no playing time so no chance. CDR is a good slasher and should be the most nba ready, but I can see him ending up like wright if he struggles just a little.

my point is that with franks track record for crushing players with potential is he the right coach for this team with only players with potential. the only one that will flurish is going to be harris who frank loves but makes just as many mistakes as marcus does.
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Frank? 

Post#2 » by dacher » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Maybe he'll change up some of his coaching methods and focus now that we're no longer in win now mode.

And its not like anyone blossomed from escaping from under Frank's thumb.

I take that back ... some vets have done much better. AJ, Mourning, Deke. House (somewhat, though he was injured for much time as a Net)
Serpo
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: Frank? 

Post#3 » by Serpo » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Franks isn't that bad with young guys . There are alot worse coaches out there who don't play youngsters at all.

Everybody had his shot with Frank . Even Hassan Addams and Mile Ilic .

Also Antoine Wright . He was given plenty of opportunity but rarely shined. Last season was the first time he showed some signs and got rewarded with regular minutes for it before he was traded to Dallas.

If you work hard for your playing time you'll get your chance .

Return to Brooklyn Nets