ImageImageImageImageImage

CLIP'S SHOPPING FIRST PICK?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

aussienet
Senior
And1: 0

CLIP'S SHOPPING FIRST PICK? 

Post#1 » by aussienet » Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 am

Could it be? Could the basketball god's still be smiling on us?
What would it take for us to pry the No 1 pick from thes guy's? Presuming it's true of course.

I would seriously CONSIDER moving harris and our pick. But more on that later

Thoughts
Can Frank coach the kids?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: CLIP'S SHOPPING FIRST PICK? 

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 26, 2009 5:10 am

I'd do Harris/Yi/Simmons/GSW pick for #1/Baron Davis/Ricky Davis(Immediately cut.

Davis is literally not even worth expirings, or at best expirings, but we give them one anyway.
Basically we give up Harris, Yi and a future 1st for the #1 overall, I don't care what anyone else says, that's damn good value, plus we get Cancer Davis out of their lockerroom.

I highly doubt it would happen, but if it did and we gelled, stayed relatively injury free and Griffin actually lived up to his hype, we would be friggin dangerous next year until Brook and Blake got old.
Plus we would still have the #11 to draft someone or make another move.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
aussienet
Senior

Post#3 » by aussienet » Tue May 26, 2009 6:06 am

Is the gsw pick lottery protected until like 2098? I think it comes with way too many restrictions but anyway. Which Davis do you refer to as being the cancerous one?
I know it's only hypothetical but here goes

Davis/dooling
CDR/Hayes
VC/11th?
Griffin/Swill
Lopez/Boone

leaving Hassell, Simmons and Anderson Fighting for minutes

Plus two first round picks next years, lets pray JKIDD leaves dallas and Dirk gets called up to the german army for twelve months, lol.

Would you contemplate moving VC and 11th for a higher pick and a young player? Or am I getting a little carried away?

Cheers
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 26, 2009 6:39 am

I was talking about Ricky "Malignant" Davis.

I might move VC, especially if we could get Harden out of the deal.
Thing is, as is, if Griffin was the real deal and if Brook has really improved, with Carter and Baron Davis, that is a literal contender and then we still have a very bright future.

I think my offer is close, but we might have to throw in a 2010 pick instead of the GSW one. Wouldn't be that big a deal with a core of Brook, Blake and our 09 rookie anyway, let alone CDR and Ryan Anderson. I would love to keep VC and move up to get Harden somehow, but I think I am getting a little greedy now, lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Revolutionistt
Senior
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Revolutionistt » Tue May 26, 2009 11:54 am

sorry but dont you think they would rather have the #11 rather than the warriors pick? and again blake griffin is not that big of a deal. you must be out of your mind to consider giving up harris to land griffin and a 30 year old baron davis. and no way clippers take that offer.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#6 » by Adam1221 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm

I would give up litterally anything in order to get Griffin.
Pairing him with either Lopez is gonna be the next twin towers combo and getting them this early in their career is gonna be the best thing that's ever happened to this franchise.
I love Harris atm he's this team's franchise player for the next 5 years and has one of the best contracts in pro sports and I will gladly trade him to LA with any combo of picks to get Griffin.
But all this isnt very likley.......

Getting Marcus Camby though is very realistic, here's a guy that can help us on sooo many levels and is gonna be available for dirt cheap, Kiki tried hard to get him last season but didnt have enough of nothing to get him.
This year I can definately see us getting him for Simmons and one of our picks preferabely the GSW pick.

Harris/Dooling
Vince/CDR
Hayes/pick/Vince
Camby/Yi/Anderson
Lopez/Swill/Boone

Unless we draft Blair (I think that's he's name Im talking about that PF that averaged a double double) and if that's the case than forget about Camby and just go with what we have.
This is a playoff team for sure, if Frank once again fails with such a great lineup than the heck with him
Revolutionistt
Senior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Revolutionistt » Tue May 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Adam1221 wrote:I would give up litterally anything in order to get Griffin.

you need to be shot (not literally). dont forget how many people were saying the same thing last year about michael beasley.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#8 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Marcus Camby is a cancer. No thanks.
I agree with Revolutionist about Beasley being all the rage last year and look at him.
And the Clips very well may take that offer. They would take an expiring in a heartbeat for Baron Davis, believe that one. Then they would be getting Harris, Yi and a pick for the Blake Griffin.
I am not saying they definitely would take that offer, just saying it is pretty realistic and fair offer/value.
I am sorry, but people don't realise how valuable Yi is as a trade asset. He netted RJ last season and him and simmons expiring could attain the same type of player yet again.
A lot of posters on the Wasshington board agreed they would take the #11/Yi/Hassel for the #5/Songaila. They also said they thought we could get much more value for Yi then that, and truthfully, I agree. He isn't a huge value, but he could still get a draft pick maybe 10 through 20 on his own for sure and could definitely get a decent young player in a similar situation, hence the reason I could see a Yi for Brandon Wright swap, no matter what some GSW fans like to think.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#9 » by SpeedyG » Tue May 26, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm not sure how well a Griffin/Lopez would work. Neither player are what I'd consider "energy" guys (though Griffin stays active), and Griffin doesn't have that good of a range on his shot. That being said, dealing Harris MIGHT be a good decision if it allows the team to get Griffin seeing as there should be good PG prospects later in the draft.

I'd still be hesitant to pull the trigger though, as I think Devin/Brook is a very good foundation to build around.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
aussienet
Senior

Post#10 » by aussienet » Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 pm

I still agree with VC4P. While I can still see everyone else's valid point's. We would have a lot of things set. Although all this hypothetical. Would love to be inside Thorn's head right now just to see what he is thinking.

Cheers
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#11 » by VCRJKidd15 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 am

i cant believe i just read give up harris for davis and Griffin smfh
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#12 » by S.I.C. GM » Wed May 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Granted I am not trading Harris, but I would do this trade in a heart beat.

Though we might not find another guard with his production off the bat, but we can find a decent PG that can pass the ball especially into the post. We trade Harris the offense changes too. it goes where it should be into Lopez and if a trade like this happens into Griffin.

I like Harris but I think if you are Thorn you have to consider this.
SIC
aussienet
Senior

Post#13 » by aussienet » Wed May 27, 2009 10:44 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:Granted I am not trading Harris, but I would do this trade in a heart beat.

Though we might not find another guard with his production off the bat, but we can find a decent PG that can pass the ball especially into the post. We trade Harris the offense changes too. it goes where it should be into Lopez and if a trade like this happens into Griffin.

I like Harris but I think if you are Thorn you have to consider this.

Well said sic

Return to Brooklyn Nets